All Comments on 'The Fourth Man Ch. 03'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 423 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Anon 2/20 RE: Predator

Prey on what? Laura didn't have any "prey" until his wife confessed her fantasy crush to the woman. Why exactly would someone (a married someone, at that) make that sort of confession to someone they haven't seen in many years during a brief chance encounter unless they were hoping to be "preyed" upon?

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
great story, excellent writing

I just read all three installments. you've got a very good writing style. Sure hope to see more from you in the future

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Well now -

I think, I am finding out how you think (sometimes LOL) I knew there was a reason the language was so specific about it not being a guy or a big dick etc. so I wondered - and the 4th man tie in was priceless.

OK Laura was the predator (maybe just this once who cares)

Jen was misguided by her juvenile fantasy (tough shit - grow up)

Hubby was right from the start and yes it is the logical assumption

Now then - lol - hubby loves her, he wants to find a way to accept her back into his life in-spite of how she behaved - he finds it between the baby and the "truth".and decided to accept that truth and move on.

It never does go away - if you forget you are a fool but you need to forgive - that ois for him not her - you forgive to move forward not let them off the hook.

Nice work glad you posted another one - thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Cog

Oh come on Cog, Laura was Jens brothers girlfriend, she had a crush on her. In talking with Laura Jen tells her so, and Laura instead of simply acknowledging digs her claws into Jen and preys on her fantasy conjuring, rationalizing, and seduces Jen

I am sure others will agree that you see a girl or guy you had a crush on years later, that it is not out of the realm of plausibility to say hi. And for that person to admit, once upon a time I had a crush on you. 99 times out of a hundred it ends there. This was that one time where it didn't.

A well told story

FireFox59FireFox59about 10 years ago
LOL!!

You know you wrote a good story when you get over 100 comments!! Keep up the good work laptopwriter!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
looking4it nailed it – the story needs better balance

looking4it got it spot on – I encourage you to read his/her comment. I really loved the story until the resolution – and I don’t have issues with the ending because it involved reconciliation.

Like looking4it, I could see this story's resolution going either way. That said, this very engrossing story really seemed to fall flat at the end... it's as if he went to bed one night with a terrible struggle as to whether or not he could continue living with a woman who had so viciously betrayed his trust… and then he woke up the next day with forgiveness in his heart and there was nothing but candied hearts and cartoon songbirds floating around… oh wait… that is what happened (less the hearts and birds).

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that reconciliation wasn’t a plausible outcome for this story, it just smacked as too easy… way too easy – and not just because of the cliché baby… the story lacked balance. Yeah that’s it – the story needs better balance: Add some more weight to his struggle to forgive; Leave them with some real problems / challenges as a couple; let her struggle for atonement; how on earth could he take it on ‘faith’ that the child was his (within the context of this story – betrayal of ‘trust’, I just don’t find that plausible). You could have at least trotted out another cliché story device to wrap it up with more balance… let her sign divorce papers that he can file if the baby’s not his – and while you’re at it, have her sign a post-nuptial that is one-sided against her and promises him one weekend a year where he can take off with ‘no questions asked’.

Again, great story, but a flat, imbalanced ending. 5* plot buildup 3* ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Not just 'no' but, 'HELL NO!'

This was not a mistake or a moment of weakness. If she agrees at first contact, you could make that claim. She knew it was wrong but, "I wanted it so bad I could taste it." She made her plan and followed through with it over the course of the next week. How remorseful is she when she says, "In spite of how I knew my family would feel, how you would feel if you ever found out, I just had to do it?" She explains her "Do you trust me?" tactic by claiming, "One, I truly have way too much respect for you to try and fool you with a lie, and two, I'm a terrible liar. I couldn't take the chance of tripping up on my own lie somewhere down the line. If you knew I lied to you, you wouldn't rest until you knew the truth, I know you." Say what!? She had too much respect for him to lie to him, but not so much respect that she couldn't cheat on him? She knows him so well that she knows that if he gets suspicious, he'll keep after the truth till he finds it, so she plays the 'trust' card? She might as well have put up a big, blinking neon sign saying "There's Something Rotten in Denmark." Sadly, both the her husband and their 'professional' therapist lets it all slide. She knew when Ken first questioned her that he was concerned about a sexual liason so she deliberately parsed her answer to deceive him. I admit to being a sucker for happy endings, but I fail to see one here. Great story, even if I'm not real comfortable with the reconciliation. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Enjoyable read

I wanted them back together in the end, but I just didn't completely buy it. It was too easy. Maybe more details about the ongoing struggle they faced in repairing the marriage instead of the time-skip happy ending would have sold me. Still a very enjoyable read though.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
No trust anymore

If I decided to take my cheating wife back after this, it would be with the understanding that for the rest of our lives the answer to "do you trust me?" would always be "no."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
sorry forced reconciliation at any cost

the woman is a cheat, disrespectful of her husband and her marriage. All thru the story her lack of maturity and mental problems glare at you. Should she have children, genetically probably no. A very poor and rushed ending............

Mousse9Mousse9about 10 years ago

Make an epilogue where hubby wants a weekend on his own, no questions asked: "Do you trust me?"

See how SHE reacts...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
not

Later bitch.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 10 years ago
consequences

consequences how can you BTB when there is an innocent child to consider. Sometime you have to make the best of bad situation, could you live with yourself if she had a break down and lost your son. T

WoodyKCWoodyKCalmost 10 years ago
Takes her back

He's the one with the problems now, wimps don't make good fathers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
3 Stars for the imaginative writing

NO stars for the protagonist being a girly man. As a woman once told me: "Men are like carpeting - lay them right the first time and walk all over them for years." That fits your protagonist.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
no way

she got her cake and ate it to

Lonewolf2013Lonewolf2013almost 10 years ago
Another wimp taking back a cheating bitch.

It does not matter if the other person was a woman, her fantasy could have been to have some BBC. Would people have expected the out come to be different? Once a cheater always a cheater she can't be trusted and she really did rub his nose in it. For that reason alone she should have be kicked to the curb. If he had not found out about this infidelity she would have gone on with some other fantasy. I rated it a "1" because he was a wimp and she got away with lying and cheating with no consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good story

But I SO wanted him to dump the cheating wife (That's how I saw her) and marry Tara. Keep writing.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 10 years ago
Great Story

Another 5* effort.. I'll look forward to the Laura & Bill story. I just love sequels.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
trust

Good lord she said do you trust me when she went off to break the trust.

Poor weak lonely man.

As bad a tale of broken trust as you will see,then Raac

Oh well just a story.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 10 years ago
My marriage vows said to forsake ALL others.

And I've never heard of any that were gender specific. His marriage is over. He settled for a roommate whom he (rightfully so) will never trust again. Far better to have ended it so he could try again with someone of good character.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 10 years ago
Concise counseling FTW

A very nice story. It is hard to believe his wife really thought telling him to trust her was better than lying, but I could sort of see the bizarre logic. Pretty naive, though, and I guess she's punched all ten holes in her "trust bank card". No more left for her. I do like the nice brief counseling: some authors have it go on for months with lots of hair pulling and ranting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Almost great, but ...

A good story, with a few points. 1st, the title had me thinking he was going to end up with Tara - good mis-directiont there. 2nd though, Jen's question about "do you trust me", I can't get past that as a horrible insult, considering what she actually did do. I also don't buy the argument that she couldn't lie, considering the grief she gave him about "not trusting her" when she knew all along what she had planned. Sounds pretty deceitful to me. Given this, I thought the last part was rushed, from arguing over the above to them suddenly in love again.

Badwolf123Badwolf123almost 10 years ago
Hmm, I have a big gripe ...

As a writer I like to guess the plot twists and turns that my fellow authors put in their stories. This one really grabbed me:

What could it possibly be that she did?

I couldn’t think of anything that fit the bill – it had to be something she wasn't able to tell anyone, and something that had been a childhood fantasy. And that, dear LapTopWriter, is what my gripe is. You lied to us readers.

A teenage fantasy? Maybe. A high school fantasy? Quite possibly. But a CHILDHOOD fantasy? No way Jose!

I did consider what she actually did (and several other obvious things), and discounted it on the grounds that a child wouldn’t have a fantasy about lesbian sex.

You’re a good writer. Good plots, well drawn characters. But you really blew it on this story. One word killed it! Picky I know ... Sorry!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Price of a GOJF

It's like being badly wounded. You can heal but never be the same again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Cheating is cheating!

Doesn't matter whether same sex or other sex..cheating is cheating. Therefore she is a cheating wife and should be dumped. Once a cheater always a cheater. Also, if he trusts her, he is a flat-out fool.

PTraumPTraumover 9 years ago
Rated a 4, but...

I'll be coming back to comment after I've had some time to digest this. The 4 is because of the story telling, not the story. That, I'm sure will be the meat of my next comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Absolutely revolting

He should have divorced her after the baby was born. She cheated. It's that plain and simple. You can't call this shit a mistake. A mistake isn't something you plan on doing, as she did. A mistake isn't when you ask for someone's trust and then break it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hallmark

I didn't know that the Hallmark channel had a print version! Sheeesh.

JeffTomJeffTomover 9 years ago
Not so Fast

I don't think I could have taken Jen back so fast.

sinsational83sinsational83over 9 years ago
good one

good job on his story. nice ending really nice, I have tried to put myself in kens place and believe me I have been there and done that for real, I think that he did the right thing in taking her back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
bitch

a man or woman a chet is a chcat.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
fell off a cliff

You stacked the deck when you made her pregnant. You stripped him of any options. Her explanation of her decetful manipulation of him was the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard. I gave you fours in every chapter until this one. Two stars. After the do you trust me bullshit and her total deceit my mind was made. No trust, no marriage..

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Forgiveness?

It takes a strong man to forgive. Looks like it worked out all right for everyone. Good story. Thanks for an entertaining read. 5*

maddictmaddictover 9 years ago
Trust.

Marriage sure takes a beating here. If ever I were to consider cheating, I'd hope to remember this story. Jens cheating wasn't so spontaneous as I thought, she planned to meet Laura at a later time. Enough time to think it through. Wanting is very powerful, part of me would like to be strong enough to say, ok get it out of your system. Then of course you can't undo it. Jen should of been strong and asked for permission. Whould that have been as bad as going out as she did anyway?

Stay faithful, stay home together, easy for me to say.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
One time only get out of jail free card

Does this mean that he expects her to be faithful from now on? If so, does it mean she wasn't expected to be faithful after they were married? If she was free to cheat after her marriage why did he raise such a stink when she did and if she wasn't and she still cheated, why does he think she will honor this vow anymore than the last one?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Lame...

Great writing but the ending was lame. I'm not against reconciliation but it just felt forced/rushed. Laptopwriter is better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Cloying

I have read at least one or two stories from Lap that I liked, but I despise this passive/aggressive crap directed against the reader. The setup is just so bloody cloying it spoils the other redeeming qualities of the writing itself.

She is definitely a basket-case in need of being rescued from herself and now conveniently pregnant. Is this a sound basis for continuing the marriage, not to mention raising a child? No fucking way. Half of me wants a bitchslap and a divorce. He is in for a rocky road with her.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
****

The series overall good. The ending wrap up did not have the same level of emotion and character interaction. There was lots of dialog, the emotional undertone was missing. To me it came across like someone initially reading a script.

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42about 9 years ago
I enjoyed this story a great deal

I often find that my reaction to and enjoyment of a given story closely reflects the state of my day, particularly my mindset at the moment of reading (truth.) As a result I find I often disagree with the other commentators on a story, which has happened yet again with The Fourth Man. Thank you for a well conceived and executed exhibition of word-smithing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
She should have been put to death

Why did you make them reconcile? It's fucking awful.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
I'm really sorry

that you put them back together. She was a special kind of stupid and I hate to see that continue in the human gene pool. And I don't care how you or she sugar coats it, what she did in tricking her husband into agreeing with the weekend was despicable. It was passive/aggressive at it's best. I had really hoped that you wouldn't RAAC this one, he didn't deserve it and she didn't either. As far as Laura goes, he should have beat her to death in his office. A predator is a predator, male or female. And to take advantage of someone who is mentally retarded should carry extra punishment. Her coming to see him, at work, and trying to manipulate him was such arrogance that he shouldn't have even listened to her. It was a pack of lies anyhow. How do you tell when that arrogant bitch is lying? Her lips are moving.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Another thought,

I would guess that Jack and Marge have to feel really good about themselves for pressuring him into forgiving her and taking her back. Under the guise of trusted friends they played with his mind and emotions just like his wife did. Jack tried to man up for him but just couldn't do it, and Marge was absolutely in Jen's corner the whole time. That should have raised a red flag for Jack, but evidently he was so in touch with his feminine side that it didn't register. If you condone a cheater and cheating, you are probably prone to cheating yourself. I mean, if there is nothing wrong with it, why not do it?

In my opinion he should have divorced them all, wife and her minions.

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceabout 9 years ago
Too much left unsaid.....

Sorry to put a damper on the story, but there were more questions left unasked. Ken needs to KNOW that she now has the wisdom and ability to say no to the next temptation. As this story ended, all Ken knows is that she is upset because she got caught. She never clearly made her case that she shouldn't have done it and never will again, only that she was upset because it had now come back to haunt her. Does she now know the answer to her question (do you trust me?) is, at best, maybe, and at times "HELL NO!"

These are some of the questions that need to be asked and answered:

1. Who else did she fantasize about, then or now? The star quarterback? The head cheerleader?

2. What does she do the next time she sees (or hears from) Laura? Her company transferred her out, they can bring her back to Chicago.

3. How does she react after a few years of raising two kids? Does she go out alone so some man (or woman) can flirt with her, making her feel young and pretty again?

4. When does her school plan their next reunion? What if Laura's husband is there, and sets his sights on Jen as a way to get some payback against Laura?

The bottom line is, Jen likes to scratch an itch when she gets it, and Ken may be wondering if she is starting to feel like scratching again.....

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Did a quick re-read

and the writing and story telling are absolutely first rate. Just like before. Still couldn't get past the arrogance of all of the women in the story and the pussified best friend Jack, but that's okay. Please write more, even stories that don't move me all that much do when you write them.

Reaction may not always be positive, but I have noted that with this author, there is always a reaction. Thanks for sharing your talent and you writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
With a friend like Jack...

... who needs enemies?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Oh Well! 1 Star because there isn't a -10 star button.

I suppose every writer has to include at least one RAAC, cuckold, wimp ending story sooner or later. This ending was simply disgusting. This is the first story I've read by this writer and it will most certainly be the last.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Blah!

I usually like your stories, in fact I gave ch 1 & 2 4 stars, but this one only got 2.

First, my thoughts:

It SHOULD be over, she said it herself: “The fact is I asked for his trust...no, I demanded his trust...and then I broke it.”

Why do these women seem to think it’s not cheating if it’s with another woman?

“Shit, nothing like grinding my nose in it." – I THINK she was trying to AVOID lying, that’s why she didn’t make up a phony story.

“It wasn't her fault, I talked her into it.” – That’s bullshit! She could still say no, and it still doesn’t excuse her lying.

Laura’s husband may be trying, but he has one big advantage over Ken – HE wasn’t lied to!

Pregnant? I thought she was on birth control? And don’t tell me we’re going to get the old “reconciliation by pregnancy?”

Second, I'm sorry, this story had "divorce" written all over it:

She DEMANDS his trust, with no info, then violates his trust by CHEATING on him, and yes, a lesbian fling is JUST as much cheating as fucking another man!

Then, when she is in a position to trust him, and he is TOTALLY open with her, and she doesn't trust him.

Then, suddenly she's PREGNANT! Even though the story, thankfully, didn't make her pregnancy the REASON for taking her back, it obviously complicated any divorce option.

And FINALLY, a miracle cure for Arnie! Can anyone say Lifetime movie?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
All that can be said is

LIAR,CHEATER,BITCH,WHORE.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Re-Reading

“I told her I was only going to be in town until that Sunday; then I'd be gone and she'd never see or hear from me again.” – Well, I guess she forgot how it’s a small world, and “never” seeing or hearing from her again is a crock! Hell, even without this golf weekend, Laura’s sister still lives in Chicago, she’s NEVER coming back for a visit?

What Jen doesn’t seem to understand is that it isn’t simply the cheating, THAT could possibly be explained away as bi-curiosity, it is the LYING, coupled with her lack of trust in HIM, both in not trusting him with her fantasy, and in not giving HIM the same trust he gave HER.

“Do you trust me?” – Yeah, I trustED you, until you LIED to me!

“I knew how much you would be hurt if you ever found out.” – He would never have to “find out” if she had been honest with him from the start! What was the WORST that could have happened? That he would have said, “No, I don’t want you to have your little lesbian fling”? She was perfectly happy all these years, and if she hadn’t bumped into Laura she never would have given it another thought. MAYBE he would have said, go ahead, have fun, but I want to hear all about it later! I guess it COULD be problematic if he wanted to watch, LOL!

I agree with looking4it that what she did was EVERY bit as much of a lie as making up some excuse to be away. Yes, I know this contradicts my earlier comment, I’ve obviously given it more thought!

I was going to say that it was odd that someone who DEMANDED trust, lacked trust herself, but then realized that it WAS her lack of trust in Ken that caused all the problems to begin with!

Although I didn’t think much of it at the time, but Badwolf123’s criticism about the use of “childhood” fantasy is well-founded – CHILDREN don’t have lesbian fantasies!

Re: the “I talked her into it” crap; if she “talked her into” robbing a bank, would that keep her out of prison?

“please don't punish her for one weak moment” – It WASN’T “one weak moment”. The weak moment was wanting to go with Laura; THEN she had to plan her deception of Ken!

Laura has the advantage over Jen in that while she DID cheat on her husband, she never LIED to him, unlike Jen with Ken.

“Once in a lifetime” – I’m having a LITTLE trouble with the idea that this opportunity with Laura was a “once in a lifetime” opportunity; Laura’s sister Tara still lives in Chicago, so Laura is presumably going to be coming back for visits.

The bottom line is I'm torn: She DID lie (and, yes, her deception WAS just as much a lie as any story she might have made up), but they DO love each other very much, and her reluctance to use her pregnancy as a tool to get him back, but refusal to lie to him count in her favor. I guess AS WRITTEN I can accept the ending, but if I was writing this she would NOT be pregnant, he would divorce her and marry Tara. And no disrespect meant to Arnie, but as I said in my earlier comment, his miracle recovery was a bit too much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Terrible ending ruined the story

You are an excellent writer. I really wish the story had some justice in it. Oh, and I wish your protagonist had a spine.

Wife demonstrated clearly that she could not be trusted. How could he trust her explanation that "it wasn't rubbing his nose in it" was truthful ? The old adage about "fool me twice, shame on ME" applies.

And for someone angry enough in chapter 1 to smash things over IMAGINING what she did, to turn into a RAAC wimp when confronted by the DETAILS of her cheating shatters credibility. Was his spine surgically removed before the ending ?

Urbanbreaker13Urbanbreaker13over 8 years ago
Sorry 1/5*...

The first chapter was simply amazing, got so hooked but I have to agree with most of the other comments, the ending was disappointing... I believe that the pregnancy scenario got YOU out of the trouble of writing a more complex and interesting ending...There could have been so many outcomes, I mean literally anything else except from this cliché 'well,now that she is pregnant everything magically disappears!' ending... Think about a redux.

mewanglongmewanglongover 8 years ago
Sorry!!!

Gave it a one, sorry. Even after a year, he still burned from her deceit. Then the being pregnant. I just think he went back to her because of that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WHAT IF

I wonder what she would have felt if the boot were on the other foot, and it was her husband that had hooked up with a classmate from school, to scratch an itch. A male classmate that is. I think her going with a women was more disrespectful than meeting up with a man but I am probably old fashioned. But in the final analysis, cheating is cheating, whatever the motivation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
ood class mate and an itch!!

Great idea, loved the story and your effort,. gave you a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5am..

and it's all your fault for making me read this story all the way through. Another five.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
WORST OF IT IS.....

Worst of it is, this could have been a really good story. Everything was great until the author started that justification/understanding/forgiveness puke.

How many men do any of any of you know who'll turn the other cheek to their wife cheating on them.... let alone doing in in the way that this cunt did.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
CHANGE THE PLUGS AND FIX THE ALIGNMENT

take a road test and your are good to drive, TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

The notion that she was only claiming to not have had sex with men is a bit interesting to make an issue. In chapter one she declared that she didn't have sex with anybody. That would include male and female.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago

I'm a big proponent of reconciliation, but I would have kicked her to the curb.

JudyLeeJudyLeeover 8 years ago
Love.

I read some of the other comments. They were pretty harsh. Yes, she was wrong. Yes, he had every right to 'kick her to the curb ' as one comment said. From what I read, Jen was a bit naive. The teen fantasy should not have become reality. Laura was a smooth talker. Jen justified her actions without really thinking of the consequences. Of course, Ken was hurt. But the fact is that they love each other. Ken was the stronger of the two, but that could have been a factor of his falling in love with her in the first place. In this case, love wins. JudyLee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
girl on girl!

yeah id be pissed at her too,

if she didnt let me at least WATCH!

Vito1960Vito1960about 8 years ago
Women!!!

Why didn't she just tell him? If it was only a one time thing! The feeling of finding out second hand, jeez. All I can say is at least she didn't screw a guy. Her pussy is still his, she didn't let another man in there, so there is hope. I'm glad they worked things out.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 8 years ago
Thoughts

I'm writing these as I go, so some comments may be over-taken by future events.

Also, I am commenting on all 3 chapters here.

Ch1-

"Please don't be hurt." - Too late for that, he IS hurt!

He should tell her that as far as he's concerned the only reason she won't tell him is because she is going to be with another man, and the only way to convince him otherwise is to tell him (and CONVINCE him!) what she WILL be doing!

"I will leave no doubt in his mind that he is my one and only lover." - Well, obviously not, there can be no doubt she was with another lover!

"her loving husband would never leave her; not like this, not without confronting her first." - Um, he DID confront her, and she just blew off his concerns.

"What I did had been a fantasy of mine since I was a young girl. It was something I had to do. I just can't tell you what it was." - Just how "young" a girl? Young GIRLS usually have fantasies about My Little Pony, or whatever, certainly nothing she should be afraid to share with her husband! Now a young WOMAN might have some fantasies that she might be embarrassed by, but certainly nothing that she should be afraid to share with her husband.

"Could her weekend really have been about something innocent?" - Of course it wasn't something innocent, if it was, she could have told him!

"I'm so sorry I hurt you like I did. I...I didn't realize...I mean, I...I didn't know...oh honey, please forgive me," - How could she NOT know how hurt he was, I thought he made it abundantly clear!

"Honest, Ken, you have to believe me." - Actually, no he doesn't, not until she comes 100% clean!

"I had no idea this would hurt you so badly." - They always say things like that! How badly would SHE be hurt if he did the same to her?

Ch 2 -

"He tries to act like it doesn't bother him anymore but I can tell he's still struggling whenever he thinks about that weekend." - It never occurs to her to come clean and relieve his struggles?

Ha! I love it! She wants unquestioning trust from Ken, but at the first opportunity she shows a lack of trust in him!

Unlike Jen, Ken is telling her WHERE he is going, WHO he is going with, and WHAT they will be doing!

I have to repeat my earlier comment that Jen's fantasy was a lesbian fantasy, and Laura was the other woman. Two things puzzle me: She says it was a fantasy since she was a "little girl". Do little girls have lesbian fantasies? And why can't she tell Ken at least AFTER the fact? I think if not most, then a large plurality of men have fantasies of FFM threesomes, even if they don't get a shot at the other woman!

Ch 3 -

"then I'd be gone and she'd never see or hear from me again."- I guess that didn't EXACTLY work!

"All she had to do was come up with a good explanation, some reason for having to go away for a couple days, something he'd believe, a sick friend or something like that" - Why didn't she DO that, come up with a believable lie rather than that nebulous "trust me" crap?

"The fact is I asked for his trust...no, I demanded his trust...and then I broke it." - While I lean towards BTB, I'm not opposed to EARNED reconciliation, and I DO like a happy ending! However, the facts are,that she is right! She DEMANDED his trust, then betrayed it. It would have been better if she made up some lie. He STILL would have been mad when he found out, but he MIGHT have understood why she felt she had to lie, and at least he wouldn't have had to deal with her betraying the trust that she demanded. Better still would be to tell him the truth! He might have understood and loved her enough to allow it.

"I never meant to hurt you." - Once again,from the Cheaters' Handbook! If she never meant to hurt him, then why do something that she KNOWS will hurt him?

"I don't think Jen has to worry about us playing golf with Tara anymore," - I don't think it really matters! If Ken leaves Jen, she has no say in who he plays with, if they reconcile, after what she's done she STILL has no say!

"Jen's a big girl. She wouldn't have been there if she didn't want to be" - And besides, it's not just the cheating, it's the way she did it.

"I told her cheating is when a woman screws another man." - Laura might have told her that, but Jen knew better; if she didn't, why did she lie?

"please don't punish her for one weak moment...please." - Again, it wasn't "one weak moment"! If she went up to Laura's room and had a lesbian experience, if he found out he could probably accept it. But Jen, KNOWING exactly what she was doing, browbeat Ken into "trusting" her, knowing that she was going to betray that trust!

"of course no one would ever find out, including you, how could you?" - I guess we know how THAT worked out!

While, despite what I think I said earlier, that I understand her not wanting to lie, how about trusting HIM enough to tell him truth, that she had the opportunity to live out a long-held lesbian fantasy? Sure, he might have said no way, but he might have said,"If that makes you happy, Honey, go for it!"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Understanding

OK - the single biggest fantasy for men is for two women to get together, so why not bring this story around to that conclusion?

Jack99Jack99almost 8 years ago
One weak moment?

Two days of fucking someone else. That's one hell of a long "weak moment".

Anyway, I generally like reconciliation stories. Thanks for this one!

MullendersMullendersalmost 8 years ago

He is nothing more then a wimp

further more a couple who are having havy troubles before a baby should not think that is a solution it will only make the relationship harder to maintain and since it was already so fragil its a BIG BIG mistake

i axtualy realy like happy endings but i must say i do realy hate this sorry exuse for a man he did not stand his ground even once in this story and there are sevral points in the story where i think he should have realy stood his ground ore atleast ripped her a new one

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartalmost 8 years ago
third read, one question.

Why is it Ken never put 2 and 2 together and stated, "Well shit. If you can't tell anyone then it's something you can't do in front of your spouse. You ho on this trip don't come back.

I've read this three times so I obviously don't think it sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Uh.....

"Hey Honey, I met an old friend from high school and we two girls are gonna take a weekend to reconnect. We got a room at the hotel with the pool and the sauna. The bar has a really good band. You don't mind do you honey? I haven't seen her for years. Here's the phone number."

The truth would have worked out better. He wouldn't have had a clue. A little awkward for Laura but the whole tryst would have had a completely different tenor and no reason for Laura to confess to her sister, at least like she did.

Seriously flawed thinking on Jen's part.

JimC

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
looked into it

Have seen comments about dearbornmt@yahoo.com profile on Facebook.

CHECKED IT OUT AND IT WAS OH SO WORTH IT

SERIAL CHEATING WIFE-NUMEROUS AFFAIRS AND RUBS HUSBAND'S NOSE IN IT LITERALLY

SHE LOST COLLEGE INSTRUCTOR JOB IN HELENA MONTANA BECAUSE OF FACEBOOK DETAILS

As for husband's nose-he is panty sniffer and she loved bringing home hers with cream filled center

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
5* Laptop

I am an avid fan of several writers on this site and as such have given several 5* ratings. I must say tho that this story had me on the edge of my seat from the beginning and I consider it far and away the best story I've read here...at least to date. That said....I must say I didn't like the ending but that is just me and it is your very well written story. Just cuz I'm not happy with the ending I certainly see no reason for you to have to meet my wants. I could not applaud your story more.

I must say that I see things the way Ken sees things or at least how he did before he made his decision to stay married. Betrayal is always a choice. She betrayed him...doesn't make much diff if it was a man or a woman. The "do you trust me" part says it all. She chose to hurt him...for whatever her reason was. Suppose she was honest? Maybe that would have led their sex life in a whole other direction...and possibly enhanced a then already good marriage. Don't know if Laura would have agreed to that tho. Suppose he said no. Would that have ended their marriage? He got it right when he said there was a difference between trust and blind faith. I would never tell my wife how to live her life but would stress the consequences of her choices. But I was never asked "do you trust me". She just acted.

I was betrayed. There is no more gut wrenching painful human emotion than the act of the traitor and the feelings of the betrayed. I "cheated" on my 1st wife and she "cheated" on me. It was the 60s everybody was young and fucking everybody...sex drugs and rock and rolled. We divorced , with 2 kids, but ultimately no hard feelings. I met and lived with the most exciting woman I have ever met to this day. Married her. We had an outstanding if some what kinky sex life. One day she just didn't come home and in essence, I was served and except for divorce court never say her from that day to this. Had and have no idea why she split. Found out she had 2 lives. Lost everything I had...my house, 2 businesses my mind and my dog even died. But ultimately, because of her leaving and my going crazy, I ended up more than ok and do well now. I have a lady I am happy with and I trust her but no longer have blind faith in any human being...and I sure as hell don't have religion.

I made some pretty bad choices when I was younger. Made some pretty bad choices as I aged. O well, it's a one way ticket. Do as you please. It doesn't affect the universe and our feelings bad or good are ours to cherish. In the end it just doesn't matter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
She did too lie to him

She lied to him several times when he told her he suspected she was going to meet a man and she denied it in outrage. That she was cheating on him with a woman is a Clintonesque parsing of words deliberately intended to hide her infidelity. It was a lie. The better test of her remorse and the greater narrative drama would have been for him to have demanded she abort the baby.

JeepLover42JeepLover42over 7 years ago
Awful, awful awful

A reconciliation? Really!

The was 0 justification for it, and to call her the "most wonderful woman in the world" after she cruelly tricked and betrayed him is completely undeserved and unnecessary, and unbelievable. She destroyed all trust in the relationship by asking him to trust her, while the whole time planning on betraying him. That shows complete and utter disrespect and selfishness.

The cheap trick of adding a baby, which magically absolves the cheater of all her previous selfish, disrespectful behavior is overused and low.

Poor submission. If you are going to reconcile a couple after this big of a betrayal, it needs to be more believable.

Bo47Bo47over 7 years ago
o k story

The pregnancy twist in the story line out ranks the 8 bazillion to 1 likelihood that Kin's female golf partner would have seduced his wife. His 2 hangups, the trust me ploy and the adultery were seperate issues. Taking the latter first, lots of people can get past a 1 time affair. The trust me issue was addressed by the author, it was indicative of her personalty and inspired by respect at least that's how Ken finally saw it. The bigger trust issue, how can he ever trust her again, was touches on lightly, too lightly to my mind. He never can Trust her again. It doesn't mean he can't live with her - and his kids. He already said she can't lie worth a continental. So love and a short leash can make it a satisfying marriage if not an ideal one. Lots of people live with less.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 7 years ago
Entertaining story . . .

. . . but the ending was too fast.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago

One thing missing in all the stories I've read by this author, is having the husband seriously consider evening things out.

What's good for the goose...

You might say two wrongs doesn't make a right, but like with the weekend where Jen projected her guilt, feeling a bit like her husband felt about her weekend. Knowing he had also been with someone else, even things out.

Or perhaps it could just be a pride thing to be with another woman, sometimes one has to appease one's own pride before moving on, and letting go of the hurt.

On another note, quite frankly rather than writing such a perfunctory epilogue, it would have been better to just end things without one, if it isn't worth the bother to flesh it out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story, but the marriage counseling was poor...

I don't think I could get past her devious request for the "free" weekend - that was emotional blackmail. She knew damn well it would hurt him and she knew damn well that for the whole time she was gone, he would suffer from not knowing what she was doing or who she was with or anything else. Hell, what if she disappeared? He wouldn't even know where to have the cops start looking. She knew she was hurting him and she didn't care - the husband and the marriage came in, at best, second and third place in priority.

Go back and read the start - she was trying to trick him, to force him into letting her go. It was incredibly cold-blooded that she used "trust" to finagle her way into the free pass, knowing damn well it was that "trust" she would be destroying that weekend. Whether he found out or not, that trust was broken and she'd broken it on purpose. She has no shame. Feeling bad or guilty about it after the fact means very little, not when you'd planned on using his trust against him, not with the intention of cheating. Damn cold-blooded.

The baby would complicate things - so I guess I'd probably stay, but I wouldn't want to. I hope I could find forgiveness somewhere, but man, it would be tough and it would be a long, long time before I could look at her and be happy. Look at just some of the quotes below:

"Jennifer sighed; this was not going the way she had hoped. He was supposed to say 'yes, of course I do,' then she'd have him boxed in, but no, he was too smart for that and wasn't going for it even a little bit; time to fall back and try a different approach she thought. She decided honesty was the best policy...."

"What if I say no, I don't trust you to simply go away for two days without telling me where you're going or what you'll be doing; would you still go?"

She stared at him for a second, "I really don't know; but whether I went or not, I would be extremely disappointed in your lack of trust in me."

"All day long Jen was having trouble with her inner demons. She wasn't kidding when she told Ken her weekend trip was very important to her, but it was also killing her to know she was HURTING the man she loved..."

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
two wrongs comment

I agree with you. The scales have to be balanced. For reconciliation to take place they must begin on even ground.

I have no doubt some will object but some will agree with my stand. Absent him having a weekend with Tara-or someone else he found very attractive, their future would consist or arguments where he brought up her affair.

Line from a poem states it best

Forgiveness comes easy

Forgetting's the job which never gets done

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
The Gay Factor

One thing that is important to mention, she had sex with another woman. That is certainly a trait of a homosexual, not a heterosexual woman. Not only did she lie to him, cheat on him, but she also mislead him about her sexual tendencies. Most heterosexual people would not choose to enter into a marriage relationship with a homosexual or a bisexual person. They are not sexually compatible. His wife was living a lie, a lie she had told him from the day they met. FUCKED UP.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not neccessarily gay perhaps Bi

But in a marriage inevitable there are going to be strong attractive males in the future that cross her path.

I don't know if someone who can malke plans like that and her love isn't enough to stop her will resist it in the future. I wouldn't want to risk spending decades with her to have it wrecked.

So i wasn'tt convinced. Also she said for a momentary mistake . No they had a whole weekend and planning time to get an attack of conscience.

It's a 4 for me nice read but not overly convincing

JeepLover42JeepLover42about 7 years ago
gahgg!

So sick of BS RAAC.

I know people like a happy ending, but this is not believable. People really like a happy ending where a deceitful person gets to lie and cheat with little consequence?

No thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Writing and good story

First let me make a few comments to those who have posted. Very seldom when we do wrong things do they happen by accident. Sure we like to make that excuse of I didn't mean too, That is not the question that needs to be answered. The real question is did you mean not too? With that said, then we need to look at the real answer to that question, The real answer to that question is No I didn't mean not to, I knew in my gut, it was a good possibility that such and such would happen. I just didn't want to think it through before I did what i wanted to do. Very seldom do we do big wrong things by accident. Having said that dealing with this specific story, It is probably one of the most well written shot stories I have ever read. It is also one of the most well written stories have have ever read. Thank you for writing something believable and well worth my time to read.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooabout 7 years ago
This was just not believable

I vote on the quality of writing. 5 stars. However, the chance of Jen's lover Laura being the sister of golf foursome replacement is near impossible. Plus, why in the hell would she announce a weekend away when all she had to do was take an afternoon in a motel to taste her first pussy? Liked the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ughh!

So she deviously manipulated Ken and preplanned the deception. She backed him into a corner so she could break her vows. She got mad at Ken when he was golfing with a woman. She made the deliberate decision to spend an entire weekend doing something she just couldn't say no to after telling Ken to trust her.

Ken takes her back because he had 8 happy years under the belt? What a ridiculous reason!

He clearly understands that he can't trust her, that she manipulated him, that she cheated on him, that it wasn't a mistake, that she planned the whole thing out, and that she understood that he would be hurt by she did it anyway. And somehow we are supposed to buy into the excuse that it was OK because it was her fantasy, or that she was convinced to do it so it wasn't her fault, or that she used the trust argument to back him into a corner but she really was trying to protect him (how Noble of her to do so when breaking her vows).

And he just throws all of his well thought out reasons for divorcing her away because they had been together for 8 years. SUCH BS!

I really liked the first 2 chapters although I predicted what happened before the end of the first. But this last chapter... Just ridiculous.

So what happens the next time she just can't stop from breaking her vows. She clearly can't responsibility for her actions and her friends and husband certainly don't hold her accountable. My guess is she breaks her vows more than once because she just can't help herself, and Ken let's it happen. No lessons have been learned except that she can do what she wants without long term consequences. She even predicts his response by saying that she thought Ken might be angry for a while but she just had to do it.

Totally unrealistic in my opinion but maybe there are a bunch of low self esteem people who think Ken is great.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 7 years ago
Original and entertaining;

what's not to like? 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
pathetic 1*

this should have been a divorce .

once a cheater always a cheater . hope he got DNA tests on the bastard children .

regardless , shes a cheating whore and doesnt deserve to be married to a decent man.

he didnt divorce , which means he is a willing cuckold .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow, tough one

Have to say, you hooked me, stayed up till 1:30 am to finish it. Not sure what I would do. I could handle a woman better than a man but if it was an emotional involvement, that would be a deal breaker. Lots to think about. Great job though. Have to say,didn't see that coming. Thanks

naxos65naxos65almost 7 years ago
ADULTERY

All this rubbish about therapy and then some "trickcyclist "/ counsellor find out that , because the wife saw a bull fucking a cow in a field say , that it was the cause of the woman's infidelity is , just , a load of crap ! If this story were true , the wife thought " I want to fuck that woman and I'll be clever and con my husband so he'll never know " is the stark truth . In 99.99 % of the breach of the marriage vows this applies . Their only regret is they actually got found out . ! AND THAT IS THE BLATENT TRUTH !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Lots of psychobabble bullshit.

I loved some of your reconciliation stories, but you totally failed in this one.

How could he trust her again?

That was never resolved. What will happen the next time she has a lesbian fantasy or even a sexual fantasy with another man? That was never resolved. I don't say that they should have divorced, but you didn't succeed to make me believe that a reconciliation was possible. She betrayed him and smashed his trust in her. Suddenly trust in out of the table? Why? Why on Earth would he trust in her enough to risk himself to be hurted again. I felt his pain, but I didn't feel enough remorse from her. She cried a lot, bah, bah... but she didn't take any actions trying to repair the damage and show she truly deserved a second chance. Well written in the end it was RAAC.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 7 years ago
I've read this one before so just skimmed it this time...

But the thing that stood out at me most was her comment about she wanted to minimize his hurt...

Odd, I'd have thought the best way to go about that would have been to NOT cheat on him.

Also, what's to stop her NEXT fantasy from convincing her to go for it...? Because she loves her husband to much to cheat on him...? EH! Too late for THAT argument...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
his reason

He says is because they had 8 happy years together so she deserved to be forgiven for adultery...

You wrapped story up in a pretty bow...

However he and Tara get a no questions asked weekend together now.

Balanced scales required!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No No No

I'm a big fan of your stories. You're one of the few writers I trust that will write a believable reconciliation. I'm sorry to say you failed in this one.

I won't say it's RAAC but is really close.

He gave up too soon with very little work from her to earn that forgiveness. I know in your mind the pregnancy makes sense, but it doesn't. She lie, she cheated. The reasons why she cheated are still there. I'm not opposed to reconciliation, but i dont like it when it's not deserved. I'm sorrty to say this is the case.

You failed in this one.

Flat_OutFlat_Outover 6 years ago
You are allowe to get one wrong

I really like your stories but this one was disappointing. Your writing is often realistic and believable but the final 'make-up' scene was rushed and too neat. Life is never that neat. She's pregnant [probably his child] but the marriage is trashed AND now she has bought a child into the mess. Her behaviour was terrible and atrocious! and she gets away with it. Very presumptuous to ask but how about a re-write where she gets the punishment she deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
With friends like jack.

You do not need enemies.

Also the wife seemed to be a manipulative lier who was only concerned with her own feelings, a very unlikeable character

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WTF?!!!

This story was so depressing I think I'm going to go kill myself...

But you have a high voting score...It must have been a lot of baptist reading it... What am I saying? They would never go for it, it must have been methodist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Kind of a Lesbian Fling apology. Cheap.

Really, it didn't matter if it was a man or a woman she cheated with? What bull shit. This was totally an homage' to the woman letting her Lesbo side out for a little trial run. Way too many unanswered/unaddressed points:

She regretted her fling, because the sexual experience was less than her fantasy. What would she have done if it was the best sex or her life?

So she never had fantasies about men from her past, celebrities, powerful politicians? What happens when she gets a chance to fuck one of her other fantasy people?

Miscarriages are relatively common, even if not talked about. Many women with several children experience miscarriages during the process, some they don't even know about because the miscarriage happens so early in gestation. This woman is emotionally unequipped to be a mother, while being ethically unequipped to be a wife.

Would Ken have given a man a pass for seducing his wife? So why give this asshole woman a pass? He should have informed her husband so the poor schlub is not blind sided when his wife informs him someday in the future that she is leaving him, for another woman!

So overall this story was a well conceived contrived effort to convince the reader that a Lesbian affair is essentially different, and more forgiveable, than a hetero affair. Again, what bull shit.

The only other unrealistic part of this story is the high rating. Nice manipulation, however you done it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A good story but the end was rushed

You're a great writer. Some of the best reconciliation stories I've read wwere written bye you. This one is not one of them sadly. To be honest it's very close to RAAC. Yes, there were some minor consequences but no answer to the big question: How is he going to trust her again after what she did? How is he sure that she won't feel the need to be with a woman ever again? Her bisexuality was never discussed either. It was so strong that she fantasized all her life about it. Lot of holes in this tale. Well written, but I you could have done a better work bringing them back.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Don't know why the husband thought it was a big deal. So she likes to "much a rug" occasionally what's the big deal, i'm sure he does too. I don't understand his problem it didn't affect him and there was no other man he had to fear or compete with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
garbage

so this time it was lesbian fantasy next time it's big cock fantasy and then multiple partners fantasy and she loves and respects him soooo much but not so much she wont cheat and lie to him .......the story sucked

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5! just to piss off the annony fool

who reads all of these stories and then bitch about them like the retard he is!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous