All Comments on 'The Fourth Man Ch. 03'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 423 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Strange. Too much angst and anger. Lies by omission. Is trust and faith the same? Finally forgiveness (turning the other cheek?) and resignation (for the sake of the child/family?).

Lastly happily ever after...(in Atlanta?)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

5 Stars on a story that makes you wonder . What would you do if it was you ?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I still say she lied to him and was deceitful. Man or women it was still adultery, but she thought it was not cheating. Yet another delusional person. She did not think she harmed him that much. She's a raving looney. He said no and it blew up in her face and she still could not see it. I also feel even in the counselling sessions I feel she did not full realises what she had done. She she did not end up pregnant I wonder how it would have gone.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Laptopwriter you get a deserved 5 for writing on this one.

It was to conservative in parts for myself but who am I; divorced and remarried 5 years later. My first wife had issues. I was inexperienced and didn't take timely and appropriate action. I also developed a inappropriate attitude toward marriage.

Now I'm married to a hard nose like myself and It takes most of my and her management skills to not fight a lot and her breast cancer and Leukemia has not helped.

Oh: she is in total remission, now without meds. gets checked up every 4 months.

NitpicNitpic6 months ago
Far

Far too long for what it was.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler5 months ago

We;; done and nicely told story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Some relevant feed back in the comments section. When Jen sked him "Do you trust me", she lied through her teeth. She gave smoke and mirror answers. Ken was not a big enough lateral thinker, if he was, he would have said something like "If going you go with any person, its still adultery" it may have made her think. When I read the first part I immediately thought of female because only male was being bandied about. As I said in part one, this is not about trust it is about honesty. Honesty trumps trust. Jen is a lying adulteress and I feel the author put Jen being pregnant in to stir the story up. Had she not been an expectant mother she would have been divorced and I would say rightly so. Her actions were blatant, she was married the other woman was married, if just one would have looked back and analysed the situation, along with the Kens extreme reluctance one of them would have said no. Jen nuked their marriage.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy605 months ago

Male or Female, it's still cheating. You can't whitewash that fact.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She lied … period .. bye bye .. snuff said!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Cheating is cheating; the gender of whom you cheat with is irrelevant; the betrayal of trust is gender-neutral. I feel like Ken got shoehorned into staying because of the baby. I wonder if he would have if that wasn't an issue. Jen is a victim in all this as well but at the end of the day she still made the choice to cheat. And the whole "do you trust me" bullshit on top of it... I'm not sure I could have taken her back. It seems to have worked out in the end, but if he had dropped her like many would have, would his (or her) life have been better in the end? Makes you wonder...

Also, the answer to the question, "do you trust me?", should always be, "no", or at the very least, "not entirely." The simple reason is that there are no guarantees in life and humans are always subject to unpredictable behaviour. You can never fully know someone sadly thus trusting someone completely is asking for it, sooner or later. Now in his case, it should have been obvious there was something going on there, but of course, it was sidestepped for the purposes of the story. Not entirely plausible but hey, it's a LW tale so you learn to deal with that.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

Good story. I felt that the way Jennifer was seduced was really authentic - people don't realize how easy it is to get into someones head if you find out their weakness and then pressure them and give them justifications. I know people don't want to hear that, but it's the truth. No one is incorruptible, all it takes is the right set of circumstances.

RedRachaelRedRachael3 months ago

Do you trust me? I mean really trust me? Good, now that you trust me, I’m going to walk all over you with betrayal of that trust and then cry until you take me back. Bullshit. While any betrayal is horrible, this goes way beyond that.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker3 months ago

RedRachel is correct in what she said, but I think everyone missed the one thing that was never brought out in this series. I kept waiting for Jen to say it, but she never really touched on it, exactly. SHE WAS EMBARRASSED! That was the big sticking point, in my opinion. Yes, she crushed him with her way of saying it, and it would have been really a great story if he had told her he didn't trust her. But he was too nice a guy. He wouldn't do that. So the heartache commenced. She paid for her deceit. And the end result, after a lot of angst, and pain, was a strong loving marriage. The Bear loves happy endings. I just wish some people weren't so stupid and took so long to get there. 5 stars, the Bear liked it. Sad, but I liked it. Thank you for writing. More, please.

The BEAR

chasbo38chasbo383 months ago

You are asking the reader to over look the facts:

Strike 1. Jennifer gave her body and her affection to a person other than her husband. Does not matter what the sex of the of the person was.

Strike 2. She knew that her act would hurt her husband but to gratify her own lust she took the chance anyway.

Strike 3. She used the "do you trust me ploy" to make him feel guilty enough to let go.

Three strikes and your out.

oldtwitoldtwit3 months ago

I know that I have said in earlier parts that you repeat a lot of it, as a story I liked it and thought you put it together well, liked the characters, and felt they were quite real

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent suspense involving some depply flawed characters. Appreciate the detail that is essential to weaving the tale. Five resounding stars - as usual.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

writer took the bullshit way out on this one. She lied by deceit (she misrepresented) to take the trip. She lied by deceit by stating she did not cheat ( stating essentially that it wasn't a male interaction) Any sexual interaction with another person not the spouse is cheating. If this would have been a male bonding with another male do you think she would have accepted this carte blanche? "NO" She continued to misrepresent and played the female card the whole way through this story. Typical female nazi writer. Well she was just ignorant can't hold that against her? Really????????? Why at 8 years into a relationship you are happy with does one go off the rocker and participate in a homosexual weekend just to see what they might have missed 8+ years ago? seriously??????

kalash777kalash7772 months ago

Very well written! Thank you so much! Now I'm in the process of reading all of your stories and it seems to me that I've yet to find one not to like and I'm sure it won't happen because you are a very talented writer and keep making us happy with your stories.

RamazaRamaza2 months ago

Ken is a pushover, sure he bitch and moan, but he still takes Jen back after she willingly and intently deceives him, cheats on him, lie to him ?? How the hell can he keep his self respect and dignity after he takes her back after all that? If she can do all that and get away with it, what else can/will she do?

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiverabout 2 months ago

Excellent!! I was afraid of the potential for an alternate ending!!

I think you made the right choice!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Totally absurd and incredible! For the first time I gave only one star. 3 chapters for the story of a lying bitch with a revelation that is only one for the most innocent? Who are you kidding?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I gave all 3 chapters only 1 star each. While the writing was ok - the author needs to learn when to use “she” and “her” and “I” and “me” properly, just as an example - the whole premise was stupid. Of course sex with another woman is cheating! Just as sex with another man, if Ken had done it, is cheating.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous