All Comments on 'The Fourth Man Ch. 03'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 423 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
great story

i´m going true kens story and feel with him and the end is the right desission

the love both feel was strong enough to can forgive one sidestep.

i hope i has had so much thrust like ken in my earlier years.

i left my wife but it go no day i ask me was it right because she was the love of my live.

i have a new woman, pretty lovely a really good wife. but for one error i left my old family.

excuse my bad english i am german

StormKing33StormKing33over 6 years ago
Not Realistic

She cheated. No consequences. Wimp crap.

He should have demanded a post nuptual 70/30.

Once a cheater, always a ....

FantasyTrainFantasyTrainover 6 years ago
NO STARS!

Ken equals PUSSY!

He let the bitch walk over him like a roller goes over fresh asphalt.

AGAIN.......PUSSY!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nicely done!

As an aspiring writer, I am impressed with the way you kept the suspense going even after I guessed the secret early on. Kind of a shaggy dog story but well written and enjoyable.

FD45FD45over 6 years ago
Surprised I didn't comment on this one before.

And checking, I didn't comment on chapter 2 either. Strange since Laptopwriter is in my 'must read' category.

The writing from what I recall was pretty good. The examination of the use and abuse of trust in the first chapter (read a while back) was keen and well done. Brazen is a word which rolls off the tongue.

The characterization was good and the plot was tight.

The pacing...the pacing...um. Well, I just heard from selling authors that you should get into a story late and get out early. Boy howdy, did you get out early! Everything wrapped up in 5 paragraphs or so. He answered The Question but I still felt like the hostess, right after dessert, was shoving a coat in my hand and shaking my hand just as I finished the last bite of the cherry torte as she escorted me to the door.

Now to the moral meanderings.

I fell in serious lust 15 times....just last week. Women whom were a delight to see, moved like the Graces and had a body for sin...and if I didn't take THAT MOMENT to get to know them, to seduce them...to experience their nectar, I would never ever have that chance again.

Does that excuse adultery?

So the winner of feeble moral excuses goes to....ahem! EVERY opportunity to fuck around and cheat is very likely a 'last opportunity' and how Laura is different from Brad in 11th grade, Seymour in Econ 202, and the Delightful Mr. Bradley whose family is moving is absolutely zero! There was no difference.

As noted by others, if Laura was a dude, no one would feel a moment's sympathy for her.

The abuse of trust was pretty bald. And I'm mixed on this. On the one hand, life and people will kick you in the nuts many times. Friends lie to you. Colleagues lie to you or do thinks to trip you up. Once my daughter was sick and I refused to work an extra second for the company on one of my work days...and they needed something done after hours. Someone else had to be flown in and deal with he problem. I boned him pretty hard because I had my own problems. I apologized but I wouldn't have changed my mind of the issue.

But...this is even more selfish. It is like that trust exercise where someone turns around, closes their eyes and falls backward, trusting their comrade will catch them.

But she had no intention of catching him. She made him turn his back and slipped a subtle knife between his ribs...and she had 2 days to stew on that decision.

Well!

Everyone is bitching at you about being a coward and RAACING.

I am calling you a coward for not doing the most likely circumstances: that they did NOT have a 'happily ever after'. I can see them having an 'okay ever after' or even a 'pretty good ever after'. A happily ever after. Fuck No.

Yeah, he got his kids and he can shower them with affection...and he SHOULD stay with her, because of those kids (dismissing the importance of 'staying with the kids' as minor is a morally repellant stance.)

But truthfully, that 'happily ever after' was gone...and if you had any literary integrity, would be gone. Maybe not forever, but would take a LONG HARD SLOG to return from.

But few people want to write that story.

Maybe someone should.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 6 years agoAuthor
@ FD45

Why am I on your "must read" list? As far as I can recall, you've never had a good word to say about any of my stories. That's fine; everyone to their own opinion but why would you continually read someone you don't like?

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Terrific LW's story!

Brilliant. All the elements of a classic LW's story. Really enjoyed this story. *****

FD45FD45about 6 years ago
Well,

Hmm.

If you say it's true, it certainly is your perception, so how can I ding you on that?

There are about 30+ authors I read. Richard Gerald, javmor, jezzaz, Rhenquist, ohio, HDK (though not his interminable novella), divertison, oshaw, qhml1, joethejanitor, BigGuy (some number), GenghisCohen...something (he only wrote one story), several others whom I am forgetting...the UnOriginalist! Sirsmegma. curious2c. DQS. JPB. Flavian. Metamorphosis

And you.

Every one of them I mentioned have well above average writing skills (AND I like Slirpuff and Stangstar despite some of their flaws). I have argued with some of their choices in characters, morality, pacing (OMG, I still haven't forgiven Bob about The Wedding Planner) etc. I also admire the hell out of each and every one of them even when I disagree with them. But I always try to be somewhat respectful about when I disagree by saying WHY.

I am sorry you begrudge that kind of company. I also obviously need to self correct in being too niggardly with the praise.

So let me correct that. This story did not in any way feel anywhere near as forced. There were few contrivances. The people acted in believable ways. The dialogue was tight. You divided the perceptions of the various actors very well. Hubby saw her demand as blatant disrespect...and she felt it was the act of ultimate respect (at least within the context of infidelity).

This means 'I disagree with a few choices' not 'it was a bad story'.

Sorry you took my comments as brutality instead of shooting the breeze about preferences.

FD45FD45about 6 years ago

Double check your recollection

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Hated the way this ended, but I liked the story itself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good story

One of your best. I do feel Ken is owed his own fantasy, and not necessarily with another guy, although there's nothing wrong with that. I feel Jennifer should have offered that up. A minor quibble, I gave this 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Un peu de cohérence pour une fois

Début invraisemblable. Mais…

…Des personnage quasi normaux. Une histoire (presque) vraisemblable. Un conseiller bienvenu.

Un peu trop long néanmoins

darthdaxdarthdaxabout 6 years ago
Do you trust me?

OK so what happens when he "trusts" and she goes and has her weekend lesbian experiment and finds out that she really loves it and its whats been missing all her life? Then she leaves him to be with another woman? Thats like the ultimate spit in the face! Isn't it? Did she or him not think of this outcome? I don't know that's where my thinking went.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
You're a great story teller

and your reconciliation stories are among the most believables ones. However something's missing here. The ending sounded a bit rushed, the pregnancy was a cloud the masked their problems as a couple. As soon the excitment because of the baby they'll resurface again.

Sorry i didn't find this story as satisfactory as Between The Pages of Adultery. Not a RAAC per se, but really close. No real consequences for her. No soul searching about her lesbian side, no heavy lifting to earn the trust back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

A convenient way to get out of trouble, she gets pregnant. She cheated several ways and it would be hard for any husband to trust her again. Live with her for the kids but never show her the love a husband shows a wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Did you substitute pregnancy for sex?

Because normally women use sex as a control tool in the relationships. It seems she uses a pregnancy to draw him back to her. Without it, they get a divorce. And he needed to divorce the manipulative bitch. Bad ending.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 6 years ago
Another totally.... unique twist on infidelity by LTW.

Lesbian encounter - rare, but not exclusive to this story. But the "Do you trust me" part? As far as I know, not done anywhere else (that I've read so far) on Literotica.

5-stars.

MartyMBMartyMBalmost 6 years ago
Why was Jen in Chicago?

The story was written with great care but it lacked background. Also at the end, Jen may have explained why she asked 'do you trust me', but she still had her little rendezvous. Why did Ken give in so easily and forgive her? There's no reason for the attitude change.

What city do Ken and Jen live in? Why was Jen in Chicago? How did Jen happen to run into Laura?

The story may have answered these questions but even after rereading, I couldn't find these little logistical details.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
An absence of trust

He didn't trust her, she didn't trust him, and they can't talk to each other about their deepest sexual fantasies and needs. Not much of a recipe for a successful marriage even without the cheating. Not sure that children are a strong enough glue to hold it all together, but sometimes people grow up and stop behaving like selfish, petulant, self-indulgent dickheads. Stranger things have happened.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
?

Stupid concept that the wife thought being with a woman wasn't cheating but yet went to great lengths to conceal it. She cheated pure and simple. He was dumb to take her back and dumber to get her pregnant. The Third part was by far the best written but you couldn't resist at the very end leaving us guessing about the other couple involved. Annoying but I can only think you did it in order to get further mileage out of this story. Not sure I want to read any more but in fairness this was the best effort of the trilogy

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 5 years ago
Re-reading a classic.

I think this tale is a classic because of the way Ken, and his choices and emotions, are portrayed. Yes, we knew he was stupid to say yes, and we had a very good idea what Jen was up to, before we finished the second page. But what does he do now? If he's going to try to work through this, how does he do it? If not, then what? Watching him wrestle with his emotional pain and difficult choices, helped (or not) by Jen and his friends, is the meat of the story, and is very well done, indeed.

I also think the secondary characters of Jack, Marge, and even Tara, were likeable and well drawn. My one quibble is that I'd have liked to know Jen a little better as she faced her own conflicts. What made Ken think of her as the most wonderful woman in the world?

Whether I agree or disagree with Ken's final decision doesn't matter. The point for me is the struggle: how an honorable and loving man deals with (or tries to deal with) bitter pain given him by the woman he loves. The author portrays this brilliantly. Kudos.

GA

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Psychobabble with miniscule plot

So much blabber for such a small plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well you covered every lame excuse in the book.

In the end, Ken took her back because of the kid. And only because of the kid. Had she miscarried, they would have been divorced. He may have had two kids and several grandchildren, but I bet he never really felt the same way about his wife for the rest of his life. Any time they were separated I bet he had fleeting doubts about where she was and what she was doing. Lousy way to live your life. Lousy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
????

I can't believe that you missed the most important point in your own story!! She asked for his trust that she wouldn't do anything wrong, when she knew that was exactly what she was going to do. It was the worst kind of deception.

katibkatibover 5 years ago
Trust?

Many things or situations in this fairly good story raise questions about the underlying characters of the personae. I dwell on Ken. What depths of insecurity does he exhibit? Unbelievable are they for this day and age.

And, significantly, does he see no difference between a wife's adultery with a woman and with a man? What, really, does he lose by his wife's night with Laura? Is her vagina adversely affected? And, is there any hint that Jen carried home lingering passion for Laura? Not at all! Ken is a stupid fool.

But he is part of a good story; so this comment is not a criticism of his role as depicted by the author.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Good Story

Original. It does matter that the affair is with a female because that challenges man much less than if it were with male. The attack on masculinity and male ego is weaker even though it is still a betrayal.

I think BTB crowd will be unhappy because they are used to enjoy male power play (over a submissive female) and pontification more than anything else. A good deal of that is here, of course, but not enough to make a typical BTB.

Laptopwriter stories are quite a variety, some are quite good, others are cliche stuff, and some are totally bonk. This is a better one.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
That about sums it up:

"The fact is I asked for his trust...no, I demanded his trust...and then I broke it."

Sex is one thing. Demanding trust and then breaking it is another. She is very fortunate that he was able to get over it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
An easy solution

An easy solution to his wife's obvious deceit would be to simply not agree to her condition. Why didn't he have her sit down in front of her, ask her to look him in to eyes, and simply ask: "Are you planning to have sex with anyone?"

The answer should be easy enough to read, and certainly would have killed her flawed reasoning.

Another thing I can't comprehend is, whenever the subject was brought up, why didn't he simply ask her to confirm or deny his suspicions? That goes for her friend, too. She should have asked what had happened, every time.

Pretty soon she would have cracked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
1/30/19 Anon

No they don't.

ErotFanErotFanabout 5 years ago
Where's the Laura & Bill story?

I don't see it.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
Sorry?!

Funny how saying sorry makes the pain go away! The betrayal just fades into insignificance, because she said sorry!

Her actions were premeditated and carefully planned. So should his revenge be. Divorce with adultery as the cause. Name the other bitch and take what ever legal action is possible.

texxmantexxmanabout 5 years ago
Story direction

I loved the mystery in the first two parts. It felt like you had to come up with a reason for her to do what she did and it felt a little contrived. Good story though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
So That’s What Happened

I don’t mean to be rude, but I think the ending was pretty much a freakin cop out. As someone else said, “Sorry” makes everything alright? Hell no! She asked for his trust, his blind, unconditional trust, and then she intentionally broke that trust. And then she got pregnant. How convenient was that? I agree with another commentor on that one, that really did seemed contrived. One annoying thing was good buddy “Jack”. He came across to me as more of a nuisance than a friend. And he seemed, at times, to be playing both ends against the middle, trying to get Jen and Ken back together.

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42about 5 years ago
All-in-all.............

.............a marvelous and compelling exhibition of world class word-smithing !

Thank you

Pulsifer42

P.S Be aware my reaction and comments are only based upon having read the

story three times so far.

ctdansctdansabout 5 years ago
i am not sure.

thank you for writing. I am not sure about this. She planned to cheat. She calculated how to hide it. Figured he would never know. Said trust me as in nothing bad is happening. That is the bad part where she deserves something of consequence. Divorce? I don't know. What if it was a with a man not a woman? What would he have done? What if NEXT TIME her old crush she never got to fuck way back when shows up and she has heard for years what a great lover with a big cock he is? Does she just one fling them?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Useless RAAC

Laura's comments would not give any sane adult "something to think about". J coldly and premeditatedly betrayed her vows, her husband, and her marriage. She calculatedly lied by omission repeatedly. Even LTW understood the futility of trying to write a reconciliation based on portraying Jennifer as a poor child who fell prey to the mesmerizing Laura. So, in order to force a RAAC, wifey turns up pregnant, and all is forgiven. What an obviously contrived plot device. And writing a "counselor" into the story is an obvious "tell" that an author has run out of creativity.

Why can't most authors here make women bear the full consequences of their actions? Everyone cheers when the "Bastard" is bent, spindled, and mutilated - which occurs frequently in cheating stories. But, the adulterous women in the stories are not held fully accountable nearly as often. This is true of our feminized society in general. As a matter of literature, though, mimicking our feminized culture in a story simply results in trite, predictable mush. This tale started out with an interesting premise and could have gone in an interesting direction. Instead, LTW took the easy sentimentalized RAAC way out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Impossible to believe.....

That Ken could get over the destruction of trust.

I read a lot of comments in the LW category. Pro RAAC, anti RAAC, BTB etc. Lots of heat on this story too! The story of this couple can't really fall under either. It's a clear betrayal, and there's no way I could get over it, personally. Ever. It doesn't matter what she THOUGHT, it's what she DID.

Husbands and wives dont always tell each other the truth. Little lies, white lies, lies of omission. We are all human. We all have fantasies, things we dont reveal to our spouses. I'm guessing that Ken might even allowed a lesbian fling if she just came to him, explained it exactly as is, asked sincerely, and both could have lived with the answer yes or no.

No, no get out of jail free card. Its possible that I could have taken her back, and tried hard to make the most of what was left, but only for the sake of the baby. That's the only being Ken owed anything at all to.

I could tell almost right away it was going to end up a lesbiantrust, but you did a very good job hiding in anyway!

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
Just too much forgivness.

1/ Contact bitchs husband, cause lots of trouble.

2/ Tell his friend that their friendship depends on kicking betraying bitch out!

3/ Public divorce with lots of publicity.

Use the match!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
At the end of the day...

...she still cheated. I have to say, Jack and Marge are really good friends. All in all, great writing. An enjoyable read. 5 stars.

Thanx!

Loklie

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
Could have all been avoided if only.....

..Ken had been allowed to watch.. Now that would be hot.

Stupid ending, she just happens to be pregnant. Rigghht

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnatealmost 5 years ago
The Ultimate Betrayal

is when an author gives up on his character.

Ken is predictably proven right throughout the entire story, and his worst fears of his emasculation come to pass. But magically, there's apparently enough tears, lesbian explanations and baby magic (or his own sudden spinelessness) to erase all of that. After two chapters building up Ken's (well placed) mistrust, it's suddenly wiped away ... for what? Expediency? This was all resolved in the last page or so. I just couldn't believe that the last page of Ken's character was the same as the previous dozen.

* For example, Ken's original anger over the mystery weekend took months to abate. But once he finds out he was lied to all along, all it takes is one plane ride and "Most of his anger had morphed into pain and he was in no mood for a confrontation just then anyway. "

Well, that's good! All of that anger just disappears in a few hours? Great! I'll remember that for my own life. Note-to-self: when angry, take a plane ride, because modern air travel is such a relaxing ordeal that no one would ever actually have their anger *amplified* by flying. No, in fact air travel actually dissipates anger...

* And then, cheating wifey's therapy confession of "Daddy called gays 'fags' " is a legitimate excuse for her to cheat? OK then I realized that the whole therapy segment was just kabuki theater. Really, the whole section should be excised in order to skip to the next part ...

* I honestly threw up my hands (better than throwing up my lunch) when Ken sprung his "trap" to determine whether or not to take her back: "I'll take you back if you have kids'

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Really? Because nothing says 'an author believes in the established structure of his character' than a decision to suddenly tie a wronged man to an irrational, deceptive woman through something as easy and inconsequential like child-rearing. "I have no faith in my wife, but we should have kids, as that always stabilizes all mistrust in a relationship."

* And is Jack the worst "friend" ever? Was this guy right once in the story?

"Hey, buddy, your cheating wife would never cheat on you while she was on that weekend where she wouldn't tell you where she's going! What size horns do you take?"

"Hey buddy, I know you're gonna go confront your cheating wife, but I'm just gonna call ahead and let everyone know that you've realized your wife is cheating so they can prepare all of the excuses necessary! You can thank me later for all of the bullshit they drop on you! You're welcome, pal!"

"Hey buddy, that home-wrecking whore that convinced your wife to cheat on you is here to see you, you don't mind if I just bring her in, do ya, old pal? Oh, here, let me convince you further to see her! Thank me later, chum!"

Holy fuck, he may be a bigger betrayer of Ken than the wife. No wonder Ken is so irrational, when he gets such shitty advice from those closest to him. Brutus stabbed Caesar in the back. Jack just constantly gutted Ken face-up again and again. WTF?

Far more interesting in the story is that Ken has been authored as the first invertebrate on the planet who can walk upright. I for one would like to read more about this revolutionary leap in earth's fauna.

(Not to toot my own horn, but I guessed the ending in chapter 1, with all of the protests that "I'd didn't sleep with a man" were too hollow, as anyone innocent would use the more defining "I didn't sleep with anyone".)

I quite like many of your other RAAC stories (e.g. "The Party's Over") where there was story time and efforts to lead into the reconciliation. Here is felt completely forced in, jarring and completely at the expense of the character which had been developed over so many prior pages.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
she did lie

and i'm not just talking about 'lie of omission'. that too is a lie though.

when he asked if she were planning on being with someone else, she said no.

she lied. and she never actually afforded him the same level of trust he gave her.

she doesn't trust him, but she'll betray him. 'didn't want to hurt him' is something left unresolved. he should only take her back if she says outloud something along the lines of: "I will never try to manipulate you again. If I do, I forfeit this marriage. I understand love is about compromise, and not just getting what I want. I will never shut down communication to get what I want. I will take heed of your feelings from now on. I also give you a free hall pass to use whenever you want. If I can fulfill a fantasy selfishly without your consent, I give you the same courtesy as penance."

she ultimately played on his love and trust to get him to agree for her to cheat on him...without telling him. there's no love in that equation. she may just love him, but decided (not made a mistake) to ignore all that for her lust. she's got a lot of ass-kissing in her future. If I was the husband I'd feel forced to stay with her due to the child, so I'd have to have that hall pass in order to get over that betrayal. She really deserves a divorce.....there is no logic that makes her look good.

sgroundersgrounderalmost 5 years ago
Great writing!

I think that has to be the best written and best considered set of tales I ever read on Literotica. No irrational occurrences, no grammatical errors, a great plot even if not much sex.

Only thing I take exception with is the title. Did you intend that Tara would play more of a part when you started to write perhaps?

So wow! Will have a look for more of your excellent stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

When you think about it, the wife did nothing to make up for what she did. She just cried a little bit. To hell with her. I hope he slept with dozens of women during their marriage. I just remembered he always fantasized about a threesome in high school, and twins, and the cheerleader, and his old babysitter, and his sexy cousin. He can't be blamed only forgiven. The opportunities just magically appeared. Blame it on Rio.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Convinced me of her very painful sorrow and so forgive and move on

Went back and forth on BTB or reconciliation

Bought it enough pain

4 stars

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 5 years ago
3 parts?

after that deep of a betrayal, you sometimes want a pound of flesh before you feel you can be made whole. I think he barely got a 1/2 a pound. lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Difficulties

I have a lot of issues with this story and I still can't say that I truly like it. While I like the set up and I accept the eventual outcome, I have a lot of problems with the way everything came about. Mostly I have problems with Jennifer and the way she dealt with everything.

While I understood why she did things the way she did, the fact remains that she put her fantasy before her husband and marriage. Sure, she thought at the time it'd be one weekend and she'd never do anything like that again and she'd "make up for it" and didn't realize the damage she'd be doing to her husband. In the end, though, she placed her own selfish desires before anything else and you don't do that with someone you love. Love is selfless, it's putting the other person before yourself and Jen never once did that in this story. Not even after she came home or after she'd been found out did she put Ken and his emotional well being before her own. It was always, "I love you. I'll make it up to you. Please don't leave me. Please forgive me." I, I, I, me, me, me. As another Anon mentioned, at no time did she actually do anything to atone for her actions. Copious tears and begging forgiveness promising to be good to him and never tell him no when he wants sex is not atonement, it's desperation. In every aspect of this time period of their marriage Ken was the one who had to give. He was the one who had to sit in anguish while she cheated on him and deviously avoided his accusations when he said she'd been with a man. He was the one who chose to let it go until he discovered the truth. He was the one who decided to go to counselling. Finally, he was the one who had to forgive his wife and take her back and I have serious doubts he would have made the same choice had she not been pregnant. Jennifer didn't do anything but cry and feel sorry after her little weekend fuck fest.

I think, in the end, the thing that really makes me not fully accept that Jen was worth taking back are the 'what ifs' of the situation. What would have happened if she HAD been an accomplished liar and gave him some bullshit story about her illicit weekend? What would have happened had she not gotten pregnant? Most importantly, what would have happened had the reality lived up to the fantasy and having sex with Laura had blown her mind? Would she have felt half the guilt and remorse then? I have serious doubts. Despite her inability to lie well, she shows a lot of selfishness, immaturity, and a talent for misdirection and outright deceit. I realize Laptopwriter says they lived happily ever after and got over it but I don't know that I would have in Ken's shoes. Does Jen love him as much as he does her? No, I don't think she does. She's too self-centered to love as deeply as he does. I think her staying true to him is really more a matter of fear and a lack of true temptations after this crisis than actual love and devotion and that makes me sad. Ken's a good guy and he deserved far better than what he got from Jen.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Well

I enjoyed your story very.much. The Laura coincidence was a great twist. I didn't care much for the "daddy was a homophobe", and that's why I did it psychobabble. But it was still a great story with apparently happy ending.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Oh nice wrapup

This was a really interesting twist, the lesbian part really put cheating in perspective. Well done 5 stars.

WakeupnowWakeupnowover 4 years ago
What happened to Lauren and bill?

If they got divorced there is a one hundred percent chance Jen and Lauren got together again. Jen just was a lot smarter about it this time.

MormonJackMormonJackover 4 years ago
I was great with this story right up to the final decision ...

Yeah, your story, your ending: I get it.

For me, she didn't just lie, she deliberately and coldly calculated her deception. She made him into the fool. The she had sex with someone else. She didn't respect him enough to share her fantasies … no, instead she coldly calculated how to manipulate the situation, and deceive without lying. No, Jen loves Jen, not Ken.

Whenever a story stirs up emotions like this within me, I give it 5 stars! Well written, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I'd have made the whore get an abortion

then I'd have gotten a vasectomy, and every year on the anniversary of her cheating I'd fuck a woman in the house

let her file for a divorce

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

As far as Laura's husband goes, he wasn't played for a fool, like Ken was.

While Ken might call off the divorce once he knows she's pregnant, it's better if he calls it off before he knows.

What she did was worse than lying.

My feelings haven't really changed. She DEMANDED his trust, broke that trust, and after seeing what it did to him, STILL couldn't/wouldn't tell him the truth.

I think it would have been better without the Deus ex machina of the pregnancy, It made divorce much more problematic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cheating is cheating

It doesn't matter if it’s a man a woman or even a horse it’s still cheating.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Moral of the story

He had a chance to dump her the first time. That was his fuckup.

At some point he should have advised her to get an std test. 😁

WargamerWargamerover 4 years ago
Nice story

She is one lucky deceitful cheater.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
something her just happened and only once in a great while

I agree with Schwanze1, Baby or not, she drew him in and threw the trust out the fucking window. And for him to find out how he did was even worse. Well written I married a bisexual slut story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
LTW writes very well...

Unfortunately, the plot devolved into a sentimentalized "Hallmark movie" RAAC. The first problem is the stupid notion the husband has while thinking the situation through toward the end, after the wife's explanation, that by not saying she was going on, say, a spa weekend but, instead, asking if he trusted her completely she was doing something less seriously wrong. Obviously, she was still engaging in a gross premeditated deception. By asking the question she was implying that she would be doing nothing that would violate his trust in any respect when she knew she'd be violating her wedding vows. The implicit lie is no less a lie than the "spa weekend" lie would have been, and in some ways it's much, much worse. Her "explanation" mitigates nothing.

Second, the nonsense from Laura saying she "seduced" his wife also mitigates nothing. We all face temptations every day. The fact that she was encouraged to do what she already wanted to do makes no difference. She's an adult; she wasn't drugged, forced, or blackmailed; she simply did what she wanted. Moreover, the fact that it was a teenage fantasy makes no moral difference (Note that it was not a "childhood" fantasy. That was another blatant lie.).

Then, LTW resorts to "pregnancy", one of the familiar LW RAAC mechanisms - the accident, the illness, the pregnancy - to propel the RAAC into a saccharine "lived happily ever after" ending. I do think that on the facts LTW provides there could be a convincing reconciliation, but it would be work to get there to make it credible. It would also be an interesting piece of writing, which LTW is more than capable of doing. Unfortunately, he took a cheap way out, rushed the end, and missed an opportunity to write a vastly better story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
It's your story

And everyone has different limits. In my mind , the husband felt she was cheating , be it male or female , it was still cheating. What if the unresolved fantasy was with a well endowed man ? In your story , he decided their eight years together trumped an infidelity, and deception , however well intentioned. My story would have ended differently. Still well told story , well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Blech...

Eight happy years merit his forgiveness? At least she knows how often she gets to commit adultery. It's become a cliche in these stories that it's all about "trust". But it isn't. Adultery also shatters the intimacy of the marital bond. That cannot be fixed. Even with reconciliation, it's lost because something that was to be sacredly reserved for the spouse was given away. Other problems? The use of the rancidly lazy "counselor" device to tell the story; the virtue signaling about the sodomite lifestyle; the " baby-as-reconciliation-motivator"; the absurd explanation of Jen's "Do you trust me?" deceit. While I like a good reconciliation story, this is too close to Jen getting to have her cake and eat it too

LTW's stories are always well executed, and are normally excellent. This one doesn't work nearly as well as his usual.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I threw up in my mouth a little

I didn't even finish this garbage. From reading some of your other stories, I thought you had writing integrity. Boy was I wrong. Using the old, 'she tricked him into getting pregnant so he'll stay' crap that all the other shit writers use. Screw originality, huh? The forced reconciliation is all that matters, and using a cut and paste trope is OK, as long as the right to cheat is defended.

Not that it matters to someone with no writing integrity, but you just lost a reader.

Wh00sherWh00sherabout 4 years ago

Definitely your worst story I've read. The whole 'do you trust me' premise just didn't work. It switched me off so much I just skimmed the rest.

Why ask if he trusts her when she knows she's going to cheat. It makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Mixed

Very mixed feelings about this story. From a technical writing point of view, it’s very good. Your timing is good, the spelling and grammar are fine and the English is well rounded and flows nicely.

I’m sorry to say that the storyline hangs by two sentences, namely, “do you trust me?” And “I’d never sleep with another man” .

These have to be the most disingenuous statements made. The first is a “have you stopped beating your wife?” question. Dammed if you answer yes and dammed if you answer no ! The second is just playing with words, knowing that she would be sleeping with another woman.

To cheat and admit it is one thing, however deliberately cheating and using semantics & word play to try and get out of it is unforgivable.

amyyumamyyumalmost 4 years ago
Great conclusion

Thanks!

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

A good story, but Jen not feel enough pain IMHO. A regular spanking once a week would help her remember, plus.....

I hope she put her killer lingerie once a week and on weekends and gave him her three holes constantly without a second thought until they could not do it any more because they were too old

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I can't accept the reconciliation

Life's like Jennifer give devoted and ACTUAL loving wives a bad name. She is a selfish narcissistic woman with buyers remorse.

Number One, she doesn't respect her husband. She can't and do what she did.

Number Two, she manipulated him and ignored his guilt and pain because she just HAD to have sex with Laura. She claims that she loves him but she loves herself more. Classic narcissist

Finally Number Three, she manipulated the truth to divert her deception while claiming she was always just his because it wasn't a 'man.' Further disrespect and dishonor.

Jen is a terrible person and a horrible wife. All of her protestations of love are emotional manipulations. I have seen this more than I care to remember. And make no mistake, men pull this same shit too. Narcissistic behavior knows no gender.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

The fact is I asked for his trust...no, I demanded his trust...and then I broke it.

At this point the engines are on fire and the plane is going down. The non-consequences after this point turn the story into a fantasy, that robs any real feeling from the reader after the wonderful preceding 2 1/2 chapters. Maybe they reconcile but only after some balance is restored. In this story a few crocodile tears and poof it is all better. It's not fair to have the main character act like a normal person and then become a needy doormat with no reason. Nor have the antagonist behave with contempt and selfishness, and then become loving and faithful for no reason. I guess we explain it away as "other people are crazy" but don't ask me to understand it from what I read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hmmmm

Boohoo I’m so sorry oh and I’m pregnant.

Oh ok all is forgiven let’s go home.

WTF a really good story ruined by a crappy ending!

gp302gp302almost 4 years ago
Disappointing finish to an interesting story

I would like more story to see why Ken forgave Jen. What was their life like after they got back together? Was her pregnancy the reason Ken was so quick to forgive? Did he check the boy to confirm that it was his son? This story deserves a better finish.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago

I really dislike CUCK stories!!! Now the wife can screw any woman or MAN that she fantasizes about!!!

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Great story but the end was too quick and really lacked something,

Others make very good points about how she demanded his trust and then shoved it up his ass. That would make that ending feel a little cheap and easy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ken the cuck....

....could never trust her again...

gfrhgfrhover 3 years ago
I have to agree with others

Yes, this is fiction. However, in this little universe I wouldn't/couldn't take her back even though she was pregnant. First, the way she went away for the weekend was extremely insulting and it was a lie by omission. Second, she did cheat. Regardless of male or female sex partner, it's still cheating. Some people may not agree, but it's simply the truth. Third, I could never trust her again. I would constantly question where and who she was with and I would always be verifying what she said. You can't go through a relationship like that. Fourth, could you really trust that this was the first and only time she cheated. Sorry, but I don't believe in any RAAC circumstance except for drugged or rape. I wouldn't even forgive a partner for being drunk and cheating. Just move on. Yes, it hurts. But it's not the offended's fault. I know a woman that does cheat on her husband with other women. She doesn't think it's cheating. However, I asked her once how she would feel if she caught her husband with another man. She got mad and she hasn't spoken to me since. I guess she can't handle looking reality in the face.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I am generally on the side of reconciliation in single cheating situations but what the wife did here was so calculating and cruel. She tortured her husband and all the whining about being sorry for hurting him is unconvincing (sorry LTW) you set her up as a narcissist. She cared more about the sex than her husband and gender doesn't matter. Trust me, sex is sex. Penis is irrelevant.

You basically created a trapdoor for reconciliation but that doesn't negate the silence, the selfishness and lack of consideration for her husband's feelings. The wife is a narcissist and you attempted to retcon her has sympathetic. It didn't work.

You simply cannot have a character torture a spouse and then make them somehow good. I won't ever accept it and that is EXACTLY what she did. Fuck. Her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nothing to do with this story

I'm a diehard right winger, an older cis male. I do not stand up for feminism.

However, I hate the use of the word little when describing a partner. A little girlfriend, my little wife, a little lesbian rendezvous. It's just so condescending, so dismissive of other people's feelings and the importance of their lives. I just think that's wrong.

TatankaBillTatankaBillover 3 years ago
Great story!

I think this is superbly written. Your characters behave in a plausible fashion throughout and don't act out of character- except! For Jen's initial announcement that she's going away for the weekend and he can go fuck himself if he doesn't like it. And she continued in this delusion for months when she might have seen that fessing up was her only rational option. I can't get my head around any intelligent woman thinking that this is gonna fly. She might just as well suck fifteen big black cocks right in front of him and expect him to be OK with that. However- no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public, and that goes for the entire human race.

So, from this premise the whole story flows. I can identify with Ken quite easily but I'm a bit impatient with the intelligent and well educated wife who is ABSOLUTELY devoted to her husband and yet does this incredibly cruel and stupid thing that she surely must know will destroy that husband. I don't accept any of the contortions of reason in the counseling sessions that were introduced to warp Ken's mind around to accepting her "logic". And whatever ninety nine point five percent of male writers on Literotica think, women are not completely incapable of thinking logically. I think most women are actually pretty fucking good at it. So this piece of misogyny that the story is based upon kind of rankles.

That's enough bitching. You write extremely well and I enjoyed reading it- for the third time, no less. Even after all my complaints I'm forced to admit that people can behave in inexplicable ways. Thanks for sharing this with us. It's a terrific read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Cheating aside she deserves every bad thing she gets and then some. Can we discuss just how shitty a friend jack is? He is not friend material let alone best friend...if this really happened any best friend any real best friend Should be hell fire and bride stone on the person who hurt your friend....he should not be talking second chances he should be researching the most vicious divorce lawyers for him

Jack99Jack99over 3 years ago

Alright - Laura and Bill's story? Which one is it?

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

It's a cheap cuckold story, nothing more, nothing less. You can package it as you want, a woman who cheats on a man like this slut doesn't deserve a second chance!

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

This a very well written story, where it has its ups and downs I just can't believe that the 8 year happy marriage wasn't worth saving. Yes, she screwed up big time but she didn't go out looking to cheat and with the circumstances it confirmed that. She was weak and should have confessed everything when she got home from the weekend, but that didn't happen. All in all I was glad to see it work out and from the way the story ended it all worked out in the end and they lived happily ever after. It is a small world and you never know who is watching and some secret might come to light as Jen found out. Well done 5 stars

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Good story but in the end she was still a cheater. She literally went looking for it. Weakness or any reason at all for cheating brings out the beasts in male readers if she slept with a guy, but since its a woman we can lower the testosterone levels and accept it.

The sex of whom it is they cheat with in no way minimizes the betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The main objection I have about this story was the dues ex machine of the pregnancy that magically sorted everything out. It felt like the author was trying his level best to figure out a reconciliation path where not (should have) existed.

Even with the pregnancy, I think the level of manipulation and outright lying showed a woman that could never be trusted again. Pay for the child? Of course. Spend as much time with the child? Of course. Stay married to someone that showed absolutely no respect and honesty from the time that she hatched her plan to the time her husband found out? No. Can’t see that.

Well written story with that exception, so I can give it a 3 star rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Oh HELL NO!

I could understand a drunken mistake. But this was premeditated. She cheats because she thinks her husband will forgive her IF he finds out. She would have been better off fabricating some complex lie rather than asking for a "hall pass". No husband in their right mind goes for this setup. Hire a PI and have her followed would be the first choice. Many would pack all her shit up and move it to a storage unit. When she got home her house key wouldn't work, the credit cards wouldn't work and neither would her cell phone. It would take a miracle explanation and months of counseling to regain the momentum of the marriage. She's toast. And no baby would change that fact. Absolutely horrible ending that ruined the entire story. BARF!

SlamnukeSlamnukeabout 3 years ago

Lmao this story was contrived and hilariously terrible. No one ever asks “honey do you trust me?” in a real marriage. If you’re answer isn’t immediately no to that question then you’re handing over all power. Further, that kind of question followed by a mysterious weekend away is grounds for immediate divorce.

If this was me, I would have told her to pack her shit immediately and to leave the house. I wouldn’t even wait for her to leave, tell her that night we’re getting a divorce and no there is nothing she can do. Once you cross that line in thought there is no going back and you cannot be trusted ever again.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Jen the master manipulator. Ken the clueless CUCK!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Contrived reconciliation and a master manipulator. She cheats and she scores. Another entitled cheater. So, how did Jen exactly expect to make it up to her dear hubby....OH, yeah the old tried and true fuck him silly for awhile until he forgets she cheated. No real remorse by the wife. She was sorry because her cheating was exposed not that she actually hurt and betrayed her husband. Just more entitlement and a convenient pregnancy that traps chumpy husband and tries him to cheating cunt for the next 18 years.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Judging from the Usual Comments by the Usual Suspects, pride seems to be the overriding, driving emotion in play, at the exclusion of all other emotions, feelings and over intellect itself. While pride is an admirable thing, the Greeks, who gave us the notion of 'all things in moderation', gave us another word: HUBRIS. Look it up sometime. Then, look in the mirror.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The comment below is right. The RAAC is obviously contrived - formulaic - even down to the "counseling", clueless, weak, needy husband, and pregnancy bits. As is so often the case, the slut gets to have her cake and eat it, too, after all the usual LW RAAC devices have been deployed. This was technically well written - it's LTW, after all - but the plotting is almost comical. If we were playing LW cliche bingo, this entry would win.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Well that is one hell of a story. That was some coincidence there with Laura. That lezzie trip would be a hard one to get over, but he did it. Great RAAC, great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Force raac, you should rewrite this shit

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

3⭐ Sorry, but this last part absolutely did not convince me. Anger, doubt and grief seem to fly away in 3 minutes.

In addition, the total loss of trust as well as the willful betrayal (she says in the first chapter that even if he says no she would have gone, even at the risk of her marriage), are too important to have such a quick reconciliation and unnatural.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Once again a story that races to the end. The whole story premise is unlikely to occur in real life in that a loving wife would risk her marriage to live out a fantasy. Yes, there have been marriages that have failed because either the man or women finally admits that they are homosexual and leaves their spouse to live with someone else of the same sex. Usually that marriage would already be failing because of the conflict the person felt.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

It's interesting how the severity of choice-consequence fluctuates in these stories - which keeps it interesting, though. Like the wife's slip-up in The Stud was much less egregious, but still nuked the marriage. In comparison, this one was straight-up cold blooded. Jen's reasoning honestly sounded warped. End of the day, she manipulated his trust in her, played him for a patsy, and was only outed due to a crazy coincidence. The reconciliation here was probably the least plausible among all the LTW stories so far. If it was a guy she cheated with, there'd be no quarter given (and well, the story wouldn't work), which makes it quite the double standard.

skruff101skruff101almost 3 years ago

Poor deluded Ken, while he’s getting a few strokes in on the golf course Jennifer is delighting in the sapphic strokes of her latest conquest. But it isn’t cheating because it’s with a woman.

Ain’t love grand.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have no problem with reconciliation if warranted, and laptopwriter has written a couple of stories where I was rooting for reconciliation (e.g. "Between the Pages of Adultery"). But even with her being pregnant, this is not a situation in which reconciliation should occur. She played word games ("I didn't sleep with another man") to throw him off the track of her infidelity. She tested his "trust" in her, knowing that her mysterious week-end was solely for the purpose of sex with another; she completely betrayed his trust.

She is neither a nice person nor a good one. For all her trembling lip and uncontrollable sobbing, she is cold-blooded and selfish. Maybe she won't cheat again, but how will Ken ever know what she is doing? He can't trust her and even though a good writer, the author can only give hand wavy and unconvincing lip-service about their long happy life together. Sorry but this one only gets 3 *** mainly for the writing.

PlayswellwithotherswifesPlayswellwithotherswifesalmost 3 years ago

Where is the rest of the story of Laura and Bill?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Child-trapping definitively is the cheapest form any author have to go for a reconciliation ending. Its like the parachute you take out when you know you have written yourself into a corner.

Hence I would say this is an average story at best and the author should have put more effort and thinking into the story line.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So the deal is that the slut builds up good will for years, then cheats and has enough "points" to be forgiven? For an event that she carefully planned out and executed and then lied about? If they had only been married for five years would he have divorced her? How about 3 years? How many years does it take to earn a hall pass? My point is simply this - what she earned was a divorce. The ending to this story truly sucked.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

"Ken, there is no excuse for what I did. It was a despicably selfish act, it was the worst thing I've ever done in my life and I did it to the most important man in my life. I knew what I was doing was terribly wrong, nonetheless I wanted it so bad I couldn't help myself, but our discussion had nothing to do with not respecting you or rubbing your nose in my deceit." Seriouslu ltw? And a reconciliation? You need your head examined.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ridiculous, illogical and half-hearted writing ! The ending so bad, it is almost funny in an ironic way

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous