The Friend Zone

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once seated, they had a wonderful meal. She got a delicious chef's salad and a cup of potato chowder. Josh got a Rueben sandwich and a beer, then a second beer. The food never tasted so good. They said almost nothing throughout, totally consumed by filling their stomachs after Josh filled Barbara and mentally reliving what had happened only a half hour prior.

Once they had finished, they paid with Josh's card (Thank GOD Mary Jane encouraged this, otherwise he'd never have been able to pay for all of it!) and went back out to the parking lot. Josh walked Barbara over to her car and gave her a hug and a deep kiss. They parted and Barbara said, "Well, time to go home and face the wife. I hope, now that it's happened, she's still on board. Otherwise I guess I'll see you being take out of the house on a coroner's gurney."

"I'll let you know," he replied. The kissed again and then parted company, heading for their own homes.

The ride home for Barbara was a bit nerve racking. She had never cheated on Stanley before and had no idea if there was anything about her that may betray her betrayal. What had happened was magnificent, as brief as it may have actually been, but she still had to live with Stan. Then she found herself wondering if she even WANTED to live with Stan. When she couldn't have him, he filled her mind, but once she had him, she wondered if she had built him up so much that the let down was too much. Now she knew a guy that had ALWAYS been there for her, even when he shouldn't have been. Josh had always been a voice of reason and calm. She suddenly flashed back to all those conversations when they were kids and it hit her like a ton of bricks that, all those times he encouraged her to follow her heart and to see what was in front of her, he meant HIM. She believed he was encouraging her to pick either Freddie or Stan and he was actually encouraging her to pick HIM. As if the rain and fog had lifted from her eyes, she realized that he had been afraid to lose her as a friend and hence, never made a move he so wanted to make. He would have preferred SHE make the move, which she never did. She started to cry as she drove picturing her whole life as having been tossed into the garbage.

But she had great kids and as much of a disappointment as Stan had become, he was still a good man. "SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!" she cursed her dilemma over and over again.

When Josh got home he breezed in only to be met by Mary Jane in the kitchen. He waltzed over to her, took her in his arms and deeply kissed her.

"Lavender?" she asked.

"Yup."

"So, you did it. You fucked Barbara. Did you fuck her good?" asked Mary Jane, leaning against the counter smiling.

Josh felt he had died again, but this time went straight to Nirvana, Valhalla, HEAVEN ITSELF! How could this magnificent woman be so cool about this? How had he gotten so lucky? She was gorgeous AND open minded.

"Well," continued Mary Jane, "I need details. Did you go down on her? Did she blow you? How was her skin? I recall she had pretty decent breasts, are they real?"

The questions came fast and furious, just like Josh had earlier. He filled her in and she listened carefully, nodding and then when he got to the actual act of coitus, she frowned a bit. Disappointment shown clearly on her face.

"What's wrong?" he asked her.

"That was kind of fast. No foreplay? No oral? Wow," came Mary Jane's response.

"After, Barbara finished herself off and I went to work on her breasts and yes, they are VERY real and marvelous. Lovely nipples, nicer than yours to be honest." Josh immediately regretted that last part and threw out, "But yours are set better on the breast!" His hopes of damage control were fruitless and frankly even he didn't really know what he meant by that last remark.

Mary Jane gave him a 'Yeah, right' look and sat down. She looked up at him and said, "Well, I was hoping for a really good story that I could potentially get off to, but that was a bit of a letdown. Do you think you can get it up again for me?"

"I would love to try. Want me to shower first?"

"Nah, the kids will be home soon. They went to the movies with the Livingstons and then for ice cream. Better we just go at it. Besides, having her juices still on you as you enter me is kind of an exciting thought."

Josh was already getting hard. He knew Mary Jane had a wilder side to her than she usually displayed, but this was just too much and incredible. He ran upstairs and he and Mary Jane began to make love.

"Do me as fast as you did her!" commanded his wife as she climbed atop of Josh's now rock hard member. They replicated the movements from before but due to his lack of time to really reload, it took a bit longer for him to ejaculate, but he did and did hard. Mary Jane grinded herself down on him using the Kegel muscles to squeeze him and milk him dry. Then, just as Josh had described, she rolled off of him and onto her side and began to finish herself, ordering Josh to work her tits, which he did gladly.

Once she had gotten off, she rolled onto her side and reached down grasping Josh's slowly shrinking manhood. She held it and said as she gazed upon it, "My little Josh was inside another woman and then inside me. Lucky little Josh." Then she smiled at BIG Josh and kissed him.

Two days later the phone rang and Mary Jane answered. It was Barbara. Mary Jane smiled as she said, "So, how was Josh? Did he make you smile?"

Barbara was taken aback and not sure what to day. She knew damn well there was a good chance Mary Jane would answer, but now, what the hell was she going to do. "Well, to be honest, yeah, very much so."

"Yeah, I screwed him when he got home. He got it up again after he told me all about it. He was kind of quick, eh? You weren't disappointed, were you?"

Barbara felt very strange having this conversation but what the hell else could she do but just play along. "No, not at all. He was wonderful. It was a case of 'get in/get out' and it was really nice."

"You should come over for dinner some night."


What the fuck was THIS? Barbara was being invited to have dinner at the home of the guy she just screwed by his WIFE? Was Mary Jane planning to kill them both? What was going on and was she supposed to bring Stanley? Too much was going on in Barbara's head that she couldn't reply.

"Hello? You're still there, right? I'm serious about dinner. I would love to sit and talk. We've never really talked, you and I," said Mary Jane sounding very sincere.

"I'm just kind of, shit, I'm actually surprised at how you're handling things. I mean, I, well, I wasn't 100% sure Josh was being totally honest with me when he said you encouraged us getting together and now I'm speaking to you like he and I just sort of, I don't know, had a conversation in the middle of a supermarket. It's kind of sort of freaking me out."

Mary Jane's tone changed suddenly and her voice seemed to go an octave lower as she sneered the words, "You had a conversation in the middle of a SUPERMARKET!?!?"

Barbara nearly soiled herself. Was this woman a psychopath? THIS is what got her angry? As Barbara started to stammer out some kind of a response, Mary Jane began to laugh.

"Oh for goodness sake, I'm KIDDING! Sheesh, girlfriend, lighten up. Yeah, I encouraged it, I've known Josh has pined for you for years but he's always been totally devoted so I figured, he should be able to get a hall pass. I had guys when I was growing up that I fawned over but treated me like a pal. I was never so lucky as I was to land Josh just when I was about to give up," said Mary Jane. She added, "He was essentially a life saver. I look back on some of my crushes and wonder what I'd do today if the opportunity came up. You're RIGHT THERE and Josh, well, I know very well how much he loves me but I also know he's never really ever been over you."

Barbara listened carefully looking for a hint of sarcasm or maybe repressed anger or jealousy, but she heard none. She said, "Uh huh. Go on."

"So, I also know there have been plenty of girls over the years who LOVED Josh...as a friend. Like I said, I was the 'friend' to a number of guys. It kills. I'm not saying he can go out and screw around with anyone he likes, hell no, but I also know that you've always had a special place for Josh in your heart. The few times he's met up with you places, I could kind of see it, even if you didn't."

Barbara HADN'T seen it until the other day, but once she did, it was so big and obvious it overwhelmed her. BUT, he was still devoted to Mary Jane, and Mary Jane knew it. She said, "But you're not afraid I'll try to take him away from you?"

"I don't think you would. That's something else I sensed, you're a good person. I also believe you love your husband and he certainly loves you."

He did, Barbara couldn't deny that. A jerk, sure at times; an annoying pig, yup, that was Stanley, but also, a good loving husband who would do almost anything for her.

"So, why go over for dinner?" she asked Mary Jane, "and just me, or Stanley also."

"Well, just you for now. I've got a special request that you may or may not be agreeable to, but I want to run it by you and Josh and a nice dinner with a few glasses of wine would be in order," said Mary Jane, rather cryptically.

"Uh, well, I guess..." murmured Barbara adding, "and you won't say now, over the phone?"

"No. It'll wait. Are you free Friday?"

"No, but Thursday night. Josh is off that night right?"

"Yup. That he is so I hope to see you Thursday night. You know the address, right?"
"I do. What time works for you?" Barbara asked.

"Could you come by about six o'clock? The kids are spending the night at their grandparents."

"Sure. So, I'll see you then. Anything I can bring?"

"No, just bring yourself and an appetite. You like Vietnamese food?"

"Uh, I've never tried it, but I guess. Lots of fish involved, right?" Barbara was not fan of fish.

"Oh yes, LOADS!" Then Mary Jane broke and said, "I'm kidding again. No, Italian. I make a killer lasagna. You ok with ground beef?"

"No, not at all. I'm looking forward to it," said Barbara, getting somewhat anxious to get off the phone.

Once they said their good-byes and once free, Barbara began to mull over what the hell she was proposing. A three way? A regular schedule for Josh and her to fool around? What the hell, Thursday was a LONG way away and Barbara would be going nuts until then.

Then Thursday finally came and Barbara made excuses to Stanley as to why she was going out. A night out with her friends from work was a good one and she even briefed her closest associates at work, just in case. She could trust a few of them, but most, no way in hell.

She stopped by a liquor store and picked up three bottles of wine, Zinfandel, White Zinfandel and Chardonnay. All bases covered. When she showed up at the house, Mary Jane greeted her with a hug and a peck on the cheek. Josh was dropping the kids off and would be back within about fifteen minutes. Mary Jane said it would be nice for them to get to know each other better. She thanked Barbara for the wine and pulled out a bottle that was already open.

"Do you like Merlot?" Mary Jane asked.

"Does it have alcohol in it? If it does, then yes, yes I do."
Two glasses were poured and they sat on the couch.

"So, you fucked my husband," began Mary Jane. It immediately put Barbara in a very uncomfortable mood and she feared there was going to be confrontation, but Mary Jane continued without a hint of anger, "He's not bad, but you need to give him some time. His foreplay is outstanding. You really should have had him go down on you, but then again, I know you really didn't have a lot of time. Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am CAN be a lot of fun, though, I do admit that."

Barbara just sipped her wine and smiled.

"So, how's work? I forget where you work."

"I'm a computer programmer at The Leeds Company. I've been there about 10 years. Nice job, I like it. What about you, Mary Jane, what do you do. I know Josh said you have a part time job," said Barbara grateful that the subject had changed.

"Yes, I work for Dr. Wiseman, the dentist in his office," said Mary Jane. "I file and answer the phone, make schedules and so forth. I'm only there between 9 and 2 so I can be home when the kids get home from school. It doesn't give me a lot of free time and very little alone time. But the job is fun, the girls are terrific and the extra money is ALWAYS nice."

"I fully understand that one. Before I got this job, I was a cashier at Food Clown. I liked the job and the people were great, but it didn't pay like it SHOULD pay," adding, "I always seemed behind on my bills, even after I got married, both times for that matter."

Mary Jane smiled. "It's nice you got a second shot at your dream guy. I've only been with Josh, well, once with a guy in high school, Josh and I met in college, but it wasn't a good experience. Funny story though," Mary Jane went on, "we were going at it hot and heavy. He's rubbing me, I'm giving him a hand job, kissing like there's no tomorrow. So he says, 'can I put it inside you?' I said, 'No, I don't want to get pregnant and I KNOW you don't have a condom.' So he says, 'Ok well, then...' and he splooges all over my hand right on cue. Ok, I WAS working at getting him off, but it was like he had no reason to hold off any longer and just flipped a switch to open the cistern. Then he asked if he could watch me finish myself off!"

Barbara did find that kind of funny and she giggled. Then she asked, "So, otherwise, just Josh? You lost your virginity to him?"

Mary Jane said she had and then asked, "So, who was better, your first husband or Stanley? I can't ask you to judge Josh since it was rapid, but I'm really curious and have you been with many guys?"

Barbara was once again a bit uneasy. These were somewhat personal questions but then again, she DID screw this woman's husband with her full blessing, so, what the hell.

"To be honest, Lou was a good lover, but boring. He had a routine that, again, GOOD, but I mean, I've seen movies that I felt were fantastic, but after seeing them for the tenth time, it gets old, you know. He had this thing he did with his finger that was amazing. He'd trace my back from the base of my skull to the crack of my butt and once at the butt, he'd open the cheeks, lick the tip of his finger and just swirl it around my bum. It was pretty cool. I asked him to lick me there once, a nice rim job, you know, but he simply went, 'eeeee...ah, NO, sorry.'

Then there was Lionel. He was a stud. We met in a bar one night both of us very bored with our friends. We went outside and never went back in; ended up at his place where he slammed me with the biggest cock I have EVER seen or hope to. It hurt slightly but the orgasm I got sent me into orbit." She realized just how open about her sex life she had become with this near stranger, but she continued. "I gave him a blow job one night and the next day, my cheeks ached oh shit, and the cum, BUCKETS! He wanted to cum in my mouth and not knowing him all THAT well, I said maybe next time. I'm so glad I said no, he'd have drowned me."

Mary Jane was entranced listening and encouraging Barbara to go on.

"My second year in college I met Randy. Randy was terrible. I swear he must have really been gay because I'd spread my legs and he'd roll his eyes before he fucked me," said Barbara who was gulping the wine down and starting to feel a tiny bit tipsy. Then she stopped and said, "Are you trying to get me drunk?"

Mary Jane looked shocked, "Oh, NO, I swear, is that what you think? Oh, seriously, I wouldn't do that."

Barbara laughed and said, "I think I'm trying to get myself drunk. You're just supplying it, I'm the one demanding it."

With that they heard Josh coming in through the front door. Mary Jane said in a hushed tone, "You HAVE to finish telling me later. I'm so freaking envious right now."

Josh came in and gave Mary Jane a kiss and a hug and then turned to Barbara and gave an awkward hug and a peck. Seeing this, Mary Jane said, "Uh, just kiss her. I'm good!"

He did, but kept it tasteful.

Dinner was served and the three sat and enjoyed a remarkable lasagna and salad and more wine. The original Merlot was gone and the other opened bottle was on its way to empty. Josh was no lightweight so he didn't even have a buzz after three glasses. It would take the better part of three bottles for him to feel anything, but Mary Jane and Barbara were feeling nice.

Josh also did not know what Mary Jane was proposing and had even said so during a clandestine meeting he had with Barbara the day after the phone call, so he was anticipating what was coming just as much as Barbara had been, before the wine.

Once dinner was done and the dishes put in the sink, they adjourned to the family room, bringing the bottle of White Zinfandel that Barbara had brought. It was a good wine and she didn't go with the small meaningless bottles. She went with the larger ones meant for more than one person.

Once seated and comfortable, Mary Jane lifted her glass and said, "I'd like to propose a toast. To love. If used correctly, it can be the most marvelous thing in the world. If used wrongly, it can destroy. I want you to know that you have used it correctly."

They drank to love. Mary Jane then sat back down and said, "So, no doubt you've been wondering just what the hell is on my mind. Is she going to kill us? Is she going to lash out at us? No, none of that."

"I'm glad to hear THAT," said Josh, "now, please go on."

Mary Jane cleared her throat and sipped her wine and said, "I would like to watch you two make love. I really just want to sit here and watch. I won't join in or interfere or criticize. I just want to watch. I may play with my...I WILL play with myself, but I just want to watch the two of you."

Barbara and Josh sat in stunned silence for a moment. Barbara spoke first. She too cleared her throat, sipped her wine, bushed her hair back a bit and said, "That sounds like a very interesting proposal. You two didn't discuss this first?"


"No, I told you that. This is a bit of a shock. I mean..."started Josh who was interrupted by Mary Jane.


Mary Jane said, "I didn't discuss this with him at all. But I've been thinking about it ever since you two hooked up. I've never watched anyone do it. I've only seen three porno movies and one was a gay movie a roommate made me watch. I would just love to watch two real people make real love."

Barbara looked at Josh and then Mary Jane with little expression. This was nothing like anything anyone had ever suggested. Mary Jane was picking up a negative vibe from her, though Josh seemed almost giddy at the prospect.

"If it's no, I understand," said a somewhat dejected Mary Jane.

"I didn't say no," replied Barbara. "I'm just wondering if this couch is comfortable enough and do you want your kids sitting on it after?"

Mary Jane's face lit up. "I can get sheets or we could go upstairs, either way."

Mary Jane said the sheets would be fine and Mary Jane went to get some telling the two to wait until she got back to start. When she did return, she spread the sheets over the couch and told them to disrobe. She did as well but made it VERY clear, this was NOT going to be a threesome. She was going to sit on the other side of the sectional sofa and play with herself as she watched them.

Josh and Barbara began by kissing, deeply. A part of Josh was getting a bit self conscious as they kissed, but he dismissed the feelings knowing his wife, his amazing wife, had actually requested this and was sitting watching a mere 10 feet away.

Their kisses continued as they embraced tightly. Josh's arms loosened their grip on her and he began to run his hands up and down her torso, cupping her buttocks, fondling her hips and gently brushing up her sides. He kissed her neck and gave little licks as he did then slowly, he lowered himself to the floor and while on his knees began to kiss all around her pubic area though not going directly for her moist cleft. He kissed all over her hip, pulling her into his face then he got around behind her and eased her down onto her knees on the couch. He kissed her back and sides and began kissing the top of the gap between her cheeks.