All Comments on 'The Gift She Gives Ch. 24: Finale'

by sinagainChris12

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Why why end it that way!!!!!!! I hate cliffhangers!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

You can't leave it hanging like that!!!

Masterskitten26Masterskitten26over 6 years ago
It's not a "Finale" when the story isn't finished.

I fully expect more and demand it. A so called Cliff hanger happens in television series, not stories written in Lit. Specially when the authors do a rush job because they left it so long in between then shot out a bunch of chapters in a week.

Very bad form.

Terrible thing to do to your readers.

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your comments.

1) I did not rush to finish this story. I finished the story when I was able, the reason it took so long was because I didn't want it to be rushed and as I've said repeatedly, this is not something I get paid to do. I was overwhelmed and something had to drop. I'm sorry if you take that personally. There are plenty of good authors here on Lit and elsewhere.

2) Yes, there are two very big cliff hangers at the end....but I am also completely aware that there are two very big cliff hangers at the end. I understand it took me 16 months to come back and complete Vesper and Mr. Hughes' sections of this whole tale. This does not mean it will be another 16 months before I fix those cliffhangers. In fact, I am a few days away from editing and releasing the next story in its entirety on Lit. Cliffhanger #1 answered within. Then the story after that should be out before the end of September. Cliffhanger #2 answered within.

I will never be able to please all the readers on Lit, but I do my best. I am sorry if you don't like my writing or style. Again, there are plenty of other authors on this site who write AMAZING stories.

ObedientsubObedientsubover 6 years ago
Oooh my goodness!

Sweetie don't worry about what others are saying. The cliff hangers are what makes you come back to see if there's a new installment. I love it! Keep it coming, I'll be looking for it!

VampireLover91VampireLover91over 6 years ago
Screw those who are complaining.

Ill be the first to say i hate cliffhangers BUT omg you did an amazing job with the ending of mr and mrs' Hughes. And setting it up for another story installment is just how you writers keep us comming back thank you for your amazing stories and cant wait to see what you have planned.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 6 years ago
Mixed feelings.

The chapters since the break were too rushed. The resolution between Anya, Domino and Mr. Hughes seemed forced. Natasha and Ailen came out of nowhere and more drama with Anya and her family is the last thing I want to read about.

On the other hand, I'm happy that Mr. Hughes found happiness (even though I wish it had happened with Anya in the first arc) and I'm glad you came back to finish this part of your story.

I always dislike the way you end the stories and even though I say I don't know if I'll want to read the next arc... I always do. So, here's to the next part of the story. Work your magic :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excitement!!!!

I can not wait for more! Thank you. Please don't stop

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 6 years agoAuthor
Re: cantfightfate

First, can I just say that I've been waiting to see if you are still around....hoping that you would be here to give me the honest (and not flametorchy) critique of my work? When I popped on today and saw that you had commented, I was like hells yesssss. Because you've been on this ride with me the whole time and I trust that your responses are not just knee jerk "you suck and should die" responses. So, thank you for coming back! I really do appreciate your (and everyone's) responses on these chapters. You are all responsible for helping me become a better writer.

Now, on to the gritty. As you would probably believe, I did not intend the chapters to feel rushed. There was definitely that "I have made these poor souls wait 16 months for me to finish this story, I neeeeeeed to get these chapters out." But any rush was unintentional and a shit mistake on my part. I hope it didn't make you throw your computer or phone or flip me the bird too much. I will try harder.

What I have really taken from my long absence, walking away from this story almost finished and partially edited....was that it is not a good idea to leave without finishing a story. I was not in the same place then that I am now. My writing, I think reflected that. As much as I love Mr. Hughes and Vesper, I needed them to just get hitched and move on. But not cheaply. I tried putting Anya and Domino's issues in so many places, and had I done that back in 2016, I know it would have been more fluid. I am totally kicking myself, but I just had no more space in my life back then for them.

Natasha's chapter wasn't supposed to be really all about her, it was supposed to be a blip in the chapter, but I missed the satyrs and I got all over it. Had it been a stand alone story, I think it would have been received a bit better, but I still love that arc and it will be revisited in its own story soon!

"more drama with Anya and her family is the last thing I want to read about." You may want to just toss your computer out a window. Lol. The story I have ready to publish next week is about Grigory, and Hannah. I think it's lovely, but I know there are a few times that you're gonna shake your fist at me and maybe scream some swears, but please feel free to give it a peak. It's not titled yet, or I would post that here. If you want to skip it, it will not destroy your ability to understand following stories. (Just know they found Hannah-and someone might pop up that wasn't around before).

I am not posting it by chapter but right now, it's over 40 Lit size pages, so I may do a Part I, II, and III.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for your input!!!! Trust me, I hear everyone loud and clear!!!

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 6 years ago
Awesome, you're back!!!

OMGawd! I was soo very glad to see the last chapter of the story! I have been so enthralled with this story from the very beginning. I also didn't think the last chapter was rushed too much until the end. I am going to go back over those last few chapters and read them again. I love Vesper and Arc. Her work with others, her healing, has to be continued in future stories though. Especially if there are pregnancies. I can't wait for the next stories, please keep writing!!!!

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12over 6 years agoAuthor
Re: JJMemaw0623

Thank you for your comments! I hate cliffhangers, too, if you can imagine. You should have seen the shitstorm that was me at the end of Children of Men. I mean, come the fuck ON already. And I promise, I am not leaving you guys dangling. I just finished editing (for the third time) the next story. It is titled "When a Wolf Finds His Heart" and I am extremely pleased with how it turned out. I am doing this one a little differently, and I'm sure I'll have my ass handed to me for this...but whatevs. It ended up being 125 pages on Pages, so it will be about 49-ish or so Lit pages. I didn't type it with chapters, just sections. And I have divided it into three parts. About 16 Lit pages each. I just submitted part one, and will submit part two next week. Hope you enjoy it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
wow

You really have a true gift for story telling. I am really enjoying your tales.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I need more

Your skill at story telling is amazing. The plot was griping' the characters likeable, and the pacing perfect. i can't wait for the next instalment, especial because of the cliffhanger you left us on. even without the sex, this would be one of my favourite stories.

bearminxbearminxabout 5 years ago
I love

The hook at the end😊😊😊 You are an amazing story teller, I hope to read more from you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous