The Hot Wife Photos Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Captain," I replied, "taking the Fifth is not a confession of guilt, nor can it be construed or implied as one."

"Commander," Joanne said with a bit more confidence in her voice, "there is another reason why Mr. Washburn has to be the primary suspect." She took a copy of the photo of Emma in front of the clock and showed it to us. "He doesn't have an alibi for the eight o'clock time period, while Cassie and Sean Sanderson were in church, then went to their neighbors' home for dinner."

"If she died right after that photo was taken, it fits in within the Medical Examiner's timeframe," said Tanya, "but Martha is usually more accurate than this."

"True enough." I said. "Look, everyone... I'm not saying Washburn's not a suspect; indeed, he's the primary suspect. But we have to follow the Constitution and the laws of Criminal Justice, here. Make no assumptions about any of what is in front of us."

"I'll contact the District Attorney's Office," said Chief Bennett, growing bored by our philosophical discussion, "and see what we can do about holding Washburn within our jurisdiction. In the meantime, he is under 24-hour surveillance, and any attempt to flee the County will be enough to arrest him. Commander, I will need something from you about possible murder suspects by tomorrow morning. The murder case is our top priority, and there are several people and possibly unknown persons still at large."

The Chief stood up. "I've got to go to a meeting with the Sheriff. You guys carry on." With that, he walked out the door.

"Anyone have anything else?" I asked. No one said a word. "Okay, let's get back to it, then."

As everyone got up, I said to Cindy, quietly but loud enough that others could hear, "Captain, go to your office and wait there. I'll call you into my office in a few minutes." I could feel the tension in the air grow, as everyone knew that the verbal equivalent of a Crowbar battle was about to happen...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Mom," Sean said, "I just checked on the Internet. Emma's not just dead, she was murdered!"

"Oh my God." Cassie said, coming up behind her son and reading the KXTC website story on the screen. "That's... awful. No wonder the Police were asking about her and being weird with us."

"Mom, the Police probably consider us suspects." Sean said.

"Yes," said Cassie, "they probably do. Of course we had nothing to do with this, but we need to be careful whenever we talk with the Police. If they want to talk to you, ask for a lawyer and I'll get Mr. Fowler to sit in on any questioning."

"Wow..." Sean said, as the seriousness of the situation dawned on him. "Okay----"

*KNOCK!* *KNOCK!* *KNOCK!* *KNOCK!*

"OPEN UP!!!" yelled a voice. Sean went to the door and looked outside.

"Mom, it's Chris." Sean said. Chris Washburn banged on the door, yelling and screaming for the door to be opened. He was clearly inebriated again.

"Don't open it." Cassie said. "I'll call the Police. Oh, shit!... they still have my cellphone!"

*BANG!* *BANG!* *BANG!*

Washburn was kicking at the door, trying to break it down.

"He's trying to kick in the door, Mom!" Sean said. "Tell you what, I'll open it, subdue him, and you run to the neighbor's house."

As Washburn raised his foot to kick the door again, Sean suddenly opened it. Washburn went sprawling inside the house. Within seconds, the young, muscular athlete was sitting on top of Washburn's back and had his arm pinned behind him. Cassie ran past them, screaming as she ran to the neighbor's house...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Well, that solves that." Captain Ross said happily. "He is under arrest, charged with disorderly conduct and breaking-and-entering." Lt. Tanya Perlman was in Cindy's office, telling her of the arrest that had been effected by Sergeant Rudistan and Sr. Patrolman Morton.

"Cassie Sanderson said she wants to press full charges." said Tanya. "We can hold him and arraign him for that in the morning. Then, at the least, we can have ankle monitoring."

"Good." said Cindy. Her eyes showed that she was a million miles away. "You can go."

"Have you talked with the Commander yet?" Tanya asked as she walked towards the door.

"No." Cindy replied.

"This is out of turn and you can chew me out for it," said Tanya, "but when you go in there, remember he's your boss, not your cousin."

Cindy looked up at Tanya, her eyes showing ice blue fire. Tanya quickly left the office. Cindy exhaled, realizing that Tanya was right.

Her phone rang. "This is Helena, Captain. Will you come to the Commander's office now? And I'll show you in when you get here." Formal, Cindy realized as she acknowledged the summons and hung up the phone. This was going to be bad, she realized.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

My phone buzzed. "Captain Ross is here upon your request, sir." said Helena, my assistant.

"Show her in, and close the door behind her." I said. A moment later Helena opened the door and Cindy walked in. She stood in front of my desk as Helena closed the door behind her. I was sitting upright in my chair behind the desk. Our eyes were locked together, and I could feel the battle of wills brewing.

"Captain Ross," I said, "today we had not one but two serious situations develop. At the Washburn home, you breached protocol and violated Mr. Washburn's rights after he lawyered up. You followed that by publicly stating suspicion of him based upon him exercising his Constitutional rights, and you did that in front of the Police Chief as well as Officers that are subordinate to you."

"Sir, I----"

"I didn't say you could speak, Captain!" I said, letting anger whip through my voice. "You will speak when I ask you to, and not until then. This is a formal reprimand, Captain, and I suggest you do not forget yourself while I am talking."

Cindy's face was reddening but she held her tongue as I continued: "The point here, Captain, is not the man's guilt or innocence. Of course he's the primary suspect, and that is not lost upon me. The point is that you simply cannot say something like that in front of subordinates! You are a Captain on this Police Force, and no matter your personal feelings, you must hold yourself to a higher standard than everyone else... and if you don't, I will hold you to that standard."

"What is worse," I said, leaning forward and looking at Cindy through my eyebrows, "is that if Washburn remembers what you said at his home after he asked for a lawyer, and he tells that lawyer, then any case we have on him... if he is guilty, of course... might be destroyed by that one comment you made. You know that activist appellate judges like Leahy just love to put convicted criminals back on our streets if he can point to even the slightest indiscretion by the Police."

I leaned back, then said "This is a verbal reprimand, and I expect to never have this conversation with you again. But to make sure this never happens again, you are going to attend a refresher course on the law. As you know, the Police Academy has several days of classroom instruction on just these things. ADA Paulina Patterson got the short straw this time, and she will be teaching this material at the Police Academy next Monday and Tuesday. And you will be in attendance all day, both days. I will be checking with Ms. Patterson, and I'd better hear that you were there... or else this reprimand becomes a written record in your file. Do I make myself clear, Captain?"

"Yes sir." said Cindy. She wanted to say more, but very wisely held her tongue.

"Good. Dismissed."

"May I say something, sir?"

"No." I said. "Get out of my office." Looking angry and defeated, Cindy turned and left.

Part 8 - Family

4:40pm, Wednesday, September 23d. I took a phone call; it was from FBI Special Agent In Charge Jack Muscone.

"Our guys in Alaska reported back." said Jack. "Chris Washburn left some of his clothes up there, some books and stuff. But he brought back his computer and any jump drives he had. Also, his co-workers up there told us a few interesting things. He didn't drink very much, maybe a couple of beers on off nights, and he never got plastered. He also showed his colleagues some of the pictures his wife sent him. They said the pics they saw were of her dressed and in lingerie, but nothing more explicit."

"Ah," I said "so he shared the pictures. That's interesting. Thanks, Jack!"

The phone was no sooner in its cradle when Helena buzzed me. "Detectives Cummings and Rose would like to see you, sir." she said. Rose? I thought to myself.

"Okay, send them in." I said. "And you can go home, Helena."

Joanne Cummings and Lorena Rose came in, both in plainclothes. "Sir," Joanne said, "Lorena got a tip about Chris Washburn."

"Have a seat. Tell me about it." I said. The very beautiful ladies sat down in the 'hot seat' chairs in front of my desk.

"Sir," said Lorena, "some of the bars near campus are open and serving alcohol on Sunday night. I got a tip that a man was having dinner and drinking a lot on Sunday evening. His credit card showed him to be Chris Washburn."

"Lorena and I went to the restaurant." said Joanne. "The manager called the guy who'd been at the bar Sunday night. Fortunately, the guy lives near there and came in. He recognized the photo of Washburn, and said he came in around 6:00pm Sunday. Washburn had dinner, a burger and fries, and drank a lot. He stayed at the bar until 9:00pm, where they cut him off because he was getting wasted. He got angry, but didn't really make a scene, then paid his bill and left."

"And you got an affidavit of this?" I asked.

"Yes sir." Joanne said, handing me the document. I perused it as she continued "We checked the other bars in the area. There was one place where a lot of students go, it's kind of a dive, and the people behind the bar remember Washburn going there. They refused to serve him because he was already really drunk. He got belligerent but was too helpless to really do anything, so instead of calling the Police they called him a cab, which took him home." She handed me two more affidavits.

"Excellent!" I said. "Good work, both of you! Anything else?"

"Sir," Joanne asked, "this basically means Mr. Washburn has an alibi for the timeframe we think Emma was killed. Is there any advice you can give me on what to do now?"

"Sir," said Lorena Rose, "before you answer that, I am wondering if Mr. Washburn maybe staged this alibi, and maybe killed his wife before he went to the bars?"

"Let me put two things into your minds about that." I said. "We have a photo of Emma in front of a clock saying 8:00pm that was uploaded to Facebook right around 8:00pm Sunday night. I am having Mary Milton check and see if it was an auto-uploaded picture from a cellphone, and what time that photo was uploaded. If that's all good, then his alibi would appear to be good."

"The second thing I'll suggest," I said, "is that if Chris Washburn knew about the photo of Emma in front of the clock, he could create an intentional alibi. But if he did not know about it, then it's a coincidence, and at that point I want to know why this guy was drinking so heavily on a Sunday night."

The two women looked at each other as if simply overwhelmed. I hoped the gears would engage in their minds over the next few hours.

"Okay, ladies, thank you for this." I said. "Have the affidavits scanned into evidence servers and put the physical copies in evidence. Lorena, you can go. Joanne, stay a moment."

After Lorena left, I said to Joanne: "Are you still working out with Captain Ross and learning defense techniques?"

"Yes sir." said Joanne.

"Ask her to work out with you early tomorrow morning." I said...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 5:20pm, still Wednesday, September 23d, Teresa Croyle knocked on the door of Cindy Ross's office and walked right on in without invitation.

"Come right on in." Cindy said sarcastically. "What the hell is it?"

"Let's go have a beer at the Cop Bar." Teresa said. "My treat."

Cindy emitted a sound that was something like a growl, followed by "I'm not in the mood for socializing or a beer."

"Let's go, mon capitaine." Teresa ordered. "That's not a request. You're coming with me." As Cindy looked up at Teresa, about to go off on her, Teresa met her eyes defiantly and said "We are going to meet someone there, whom I've already invited. So let's go, or I'll pick you up and carry you."

"I'd like to see you try that." Cindy said, but Teresa knew it was an acquiescence.

"And I don't even need a crowbar, sister." Teresa said, her eyes gleaming.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was starting to get cooler in the afternoon and evenings, Cindy noted as she and Teresa drank their beers on the outside patio of the Cop Bar.

"Hello, ladies," said an older woman, bringing her beer and an extra for Cindy, "may I join you?"

"Hi Phyllis." said Cindy. "What brings you here?"

"Your soul sister Teresa asked me to join you." said Phyllis Troy, mother of the Iron Crowbar. "I understand you had what we might call 'a bad day'."

"No doubt about that." said Cindy. "I mean... yeah, I was wrong, but wow... I didn't expect that."

"Yes, that is what I wanted to talk about." said Phyllis. "I'm sure that as bad as it was for you, it was bad for my son, also. He loves both of you more than life itself. He is still pissed off to this day that he wasn't in front of you at that ambush at the Olivet gym, and it did take three of you to tackle him and prevent him from going out there to get you."

"Yes, I know." said Cindy. "But still..."

Teresa asked "Was this the first time since you found out you and he are blood kin that he's had to reprimand you?"

"Yes." said Cindy. "And before you say it: yes, I got complacent about it and took our relationship for granted."

"Yes, you did." said Teresa. "I'd noticed it, but you and I are pretty informal at times, too, so I didn't say anything."

Phyllis said "I would also venture a guess that it was very hard for him to have to do that. Not to call you a child, Cindy, but any parent knows that when they have to punish their child it's unpleasant, but it's for the child's good as well for the future. As your boss, Don felt the same way, I'm sure."

Phyllis added "And it does have to be tough for you ladies. A Lieutenant and a Captain at ages that most police officers are barely rookies. You are exceptional ladies, but you're still growing. And of course we all make mistakes. Don is your boss, and he has to do what he has to do."

"Point taken." said Cindy. "Okay, let's change the subject. Phyllis, you are not just here to talk about me getting my ass chewed off. You want to know about this murder case."

"Oh, was it that obvious?" Phyllis asked, making both Teresa and Cindy smile.

With that, Cindy filled Phyllis in on the details of the case, then said "Washburn was arrested after he went to Cassie's house and made a scene. Washburn was really drunk and Sean subdued him pretty easily. But before I left the Station I heard that a couple of Detectives found some witnesses that might give Washburn an alibi. Goth Girl Mary is looking into the Facebook photo to see if it'll give as good an alibi as he'd like."

"That is very interesting, is it not?" Phyllis said. "Why would he go to their house in a drunken state and begin causing trouble? I believe that is a very significant event."

"Anything else you think is significant?" asked Teresa, fascinated at getting to watch the Commander's mother in mental action... and realizing that she'd seen glimpses of this in her fuck-buddy Todd, Phyllis's grandson.

"Well," said Phyllis, her eyes introspective, "there are too many events happening, like dominoes falling one by one, in a seeming order. The husband returns home. Emma is beaten up, and rather severely I understand. Emma is found dead, but no one noticed enough to call the Police. Emma's friend Cassie's house is burgled. The husband is drunk when you went to his house, refuses to talk to Police, but then goes to the Sanderson house and creates enough of a ruckus to get himself arrested."

"Just another of our simple cases." Cindy said. "How can it not be Chris Washburn?"

"How, indeed?" Phyllis said, cryptically.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Taking my laptop with me, I drove home to the Mountain Nest in my Police SUV at 7:30pm. I had been looking at what was on Chris Washburn's computer, and decided to go home and eat before looking at what Cassie's computer contained.

Laura and the kids were finishing up dinner, and we had a guest: my mother Phyllis. I made myself a plate from the items in the kitchen, then put the remaining food in the refrigerator... after throwing a few morsels to a good-looking blonde-furred dog that had come in with high hopes, and having those hopes rewarded. Bowser then situated himself in the corner of the room, watching us while I sat down at the table with my plate.

"Honestly, Carole," Laura said, "you have more food on you than in you. And that doesn't count what you tried to feed the dog." I laughed heartily at that, which caused Carole to laugh, mimicking me. I then talked to little Jim as he played with his juice cup, which most very fortunately had a cap on it that prevented spills. Then I settled into eating, feeling my mother peering at me, though not knowing the reason.

"You're a million miles away." my mother said.

"Yes, darling, you are." Laura said. "New case?"

"Yes." I said. "You know about the woman we found Monday?" Laura and Phyllis both nodded as I continued "Well, we were called to a home for a break-in. And the dead woman was a friend of this family and had been the model for the mother, who is a photographer. And you might be surprised who the photographer's son is... remember Ryan telling us about his friend Sean and Sean's mother? It was them."

"Oh wow." said Laura. "Small world. So there's a connection to the dead woman?" I gave the details of the case.

"Son, let me ask this." my mother said. "you said that Sean was having an affair with the woman that died?"


"Emma." I said. "Yes. He admitted it."

"I am just wondering to myself," said my mother, "if Emma was having an affair with any other men."

"I haven't thought of that." I said. "It could well be, though we've found no information on that."

"Perhaps you should ask Emma's friend Cassie." said Phyllis.

"See, Laura?" I said with a smile. "I've been working on this case for days, and my mother hears a five minute synopsis and is already figuring out more than me."

"That's why she's 'Mycroft' and you're 'Sherlock', darling." said Laura.

"You're still pensive, son." Phyllis knowingly said. "What else happened?"

"Oh, yeah..." I said. "I had to bring the hammer down on Cindy today. She fucked up when Washburn asked for a lawyer, then again in our meeting." I gave the details.

"That must've been tough." Laura said. "But you did the right thing. Was she pissed?"

"I think so." I said.

"I'm sure you'll find a way to make it all right, son." Phyllis said, her eyes twinkling. "If you haven't already..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

9:30pm. Phyllis had gone back to her basement MIL apartment. I was sitting on the sofa in the den of the main house, looking at videos and photos. Laura came down and sat down beside me, her left hip pressing into my right side. Her perfume smelled good...

"The kids are asleep, and Bowser is in his basket under Carole's bed." Laura said. "So, can I peek at these photos?"

"Sure." I said. "These are from Chris Washburn's computer. There's a series of photographs, showing Emma from being clothed to progressively becoming less and less clothed, to nudity. Here is one where Emma's vagina is wet and looking used, and what looks like semen all over her pubic bush. I'd say it's a bit too white and thick, and too copious, so we're thinking this is goop."