The Jackie Bailey Chronicles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As Jackie walked over, she was admiring the dark haired woman's firm built body showcased by a buttocks and thigh hugging pair of jeans. Her flat stomach, broad chest and firm breasts were perfectly accentuated by a plain white t-shirt with an open brown leather jacket sprawled over her shoulders.

"Hi Jackie," Shane greeted, not knowing what else to say. She never thought that Jackie would actually join her for lunch. She held out her hand to shake Jackie's hand.

"Hi Shane, it's good to see you again." They held each other's hands and gazes for what seemed like forever. Jackie cleared her throat and smiled shyly, looking down at their joined hands. Shane blushed wildly and released her. She stepped around the table and pulled a chair out for Jackie and seated the redhead. Shane took her seat and waved the waitress over.

"What would you like to drink?" Shane asked, staring into Jackie's brown-green eyes. Her eyes went to the redhead's lips as she spoke.

"Just a coffee for now please, Shane." Jackie answered, smiling widely when she saw Shane lick her lips. Shane looked away, blushing even more, when she noticed Jackie had caught her staring. The waitress came over to stand next to them with a fake smile pasted on her face. She placed a menu in front of each of the two women.

"May I bring you anything to drink?" she asked, she dug in her apron for a pen and a small note book.

"I'll have another coffee, and one for my friend here." Shane ordered. She eyed the waitress with a raised eyebrow as she wrote down the order. When the waitress caught her staring Shane pasted on a fake grin. "That's all for now thanks... uh... Rachel." Shane said, looking at her name tag. The waitress disappeared, mumbling to herself through her teeth. Shane returned her gaze to a giggling Jackie.

"She really needs to be a little friendlier. She'll make more tips." Jackie said. She put her hand in front of her mouth and giggled again.

Shane joined Jackie in her giggle fit, breaking the nervous tension between them. "I'm glad to see that someone likes my dry humour." Shane said, smiling brightly. Jackie smiled sweetly back.

"It certainly is difficult to find a person that turns straightforward comments into something funny." Jackie commented.

"I like to make people laugh. It makes them feel better." Shane put her empty cup aside as she saw the waitress return with their order. Rachel put their orders in front of them.

"Have you decided what you would like to eat?" she asked wryly. Shane raised her eyebrow slowly at Jackie. The other woman shrugged and picked up her menu.

"Why don't you give us another minute, please?" Shane asked, grinning widely at the waitress. Rachel nodded and walked off. "So... Jackie... have you decided what you would like to eat?" Shane asked, mimicking the waitress and making Jackie giggle again.

"Well, I usually pick a salad or something light. I think I'll let you order for us both." Jackie replied, putting her menu down and folding her hands on top of it. Shane cocked her head to the side.

"Okay, if you say so. I should warn you though; I'm a kick boxer so I don't eat light."

"Oh don't worry about me. You'd be surprised at what I can pack into this small frame of mine. I have a very active appetite." Jackie blushed slightly as she realised the little flirt she had worked into what she said. Shane chuckled softly.

"Hhhmmm, that sounds intriguing. Tell me a bit about yourself Jackie." Shane suggested while looking for their waitress.

"There's not much to tell. I'm a single thirty year old woman who owns fifty percent of an accounting firm. My best friend owns the other fifty percent. I see myself as a down-to-earth small town girl with big dreams of being successful in life. I'm a shy girl at first until I get to know the people I'm with, and then I can't shut up. I'm an only child. My mother died of cancer when I was ten and my father... well... let's just say he changed after that. It's your turn now Shane." Jackie thought of saying more but that meant treading on darker territory with someone she barely knew, sparks or no sparks.

"Mmmm... I get the small town girl part, I'm one myself. I'm thirty two, oldest of two kids. My younger sister died at seven. My parents live in Canada and I own the kick boxing gym down the block. I used to fight professionally until a few months ago. I opened the gym yesterday to keep kids off the streets. It took me a whole month to get everything set up and ready for business. I'm ambitious, friendly, honest and I like being around people." They smiled softly at each other. Shane took a quick look at the menu in front of her on the table.

The waitress came around to their table. Shane spoke up as soon as the waitress made her appearance. "I would like two orders of your cheddar melt chicken schnitzel served with fries and a side of calamari. I would also like two glasses of dry red wine with that order. Then for a dessert we will share a trip choc bowl of ice cream." Shane returned her gaze to Jackie, who was just smiling at the order she had placed. "Would you like a starter?" Jackie nodded eagerly. "For starters we'll have snails smothered in garlic. You know what; bring the wine with the starters." Shane passed the menus back to the waitress with a grin. The waitress disappeared again.

"You really don't like the waitress, do you?" Jackie asked while she sipped her coffee. Shane crinkled her nose as if thinking then smiled.

"No. She served me yesterday as well. She was all smiles until she found out that I'm gay. I was on the phone talking to an old friend in Canada when she overheard my conversation." Shane watched Jackie's face to see her reaction to what she had said. To her relief, Jackie just smiled lightly and nodded.

"Yeah, she pretty much treats me the same way every time she serves me. I learned to shut her negativity out over the last five years." Jackie's train of thought tried straying to her past but she kept it on track by thinking about the foot lightly tapping against hers under the table.

She smiled mischievously at Shane, who was blushing slightly again. As the hour passed by, they giggled and laughed while they ate. None of the stares they received bothered them one bit. Each of them was too enthralled by the person sitting in front of them to notice.

The rest of the week passed. Jackie and Shane waited in anticipation to see each other again, everyday. Jackie was sitting in her office with a dreamy look on her face when Beverley came in.

"Jackie Sweetie, I got a message for you..." Beverley trailed off, noticing that Jackie wasn't listening to a word she was saying. Beverley wheeled herself closer to the desk, and then stretched her hand out to touch Jackie's hand. Jackie snapped out of her daydream and shot a look toward Beverley, smiling widely.

"Sorry Bev... I was... uhm... thinking." Jackie smiled lopsidedly at Beverley. "Were you saying something?"

"Yeah, I have a message for you from a... Shane... she asked if you could call her as soon as possible. She left her number for you." Jackie smiled wide again at the mention of Shane's name. Beverley pasted a small sticky note onto the screen of Jackie's laptop with a giggle.

"Yeah, thank you Bev. I'll call her straight away." Beverley turned and left with a smile on her face, closing the door behind her.

Jackie picked up her cell phone, dialled the number and waited. Shane answered on the third ring. "Shane's gym, how may I help you?"

"Hi Shane, it's Jackie, you asked me to contact you."

"Oh hi Jackie; thanks for calling me back."

"Yeah no problem, what's up?"

"I can't make lunch today but I was hoping you could join me tonight. I'm going to a local lesbian club I heard about. I would hate to go alone." Jackie thought about the offer for a second.

"Sure, I'll go with you." Shane sighed in relief causing Jackie to smile.

"Great. May I come fetch you after work at six? I'll wait in the lobby."

"Sure, that wouldn't be a problem."

"Wonderful, then I'll see you tonight. Have a great Friday."

"I can't wait, you too."

"Bye Jackie."

"Bye Shane." Jackie put her cell phone down with a satisfied grin then stood up, heading toward Beverley's office.

"Bev, I'm ordering a pizza for lunch. Would you like to join me for lunch today?" Jackie asked, sticking her head through the doorway. Beverley looked up smiling brightly.

"No lunch date today?" Jackie shook her head with a smile.

"She can't make lunch but we're going to a club after work. Luckily I dressed in jeans today. So... you going to join me for lunch or not?" Jackie pouted her lips knowing that Beverley wouldn't be able to resist.

"Yes... you know I can't say no to your pout... or to pizza." Beverley and Jackie chuckled together.

"Great... I'll order now. By the time the pizza gets here, it will be lunch time. Maybe we can have a small drink with it in my office." Jackie suggested with a smile. Beverley returned the smile.

"I'll forward all calls to your landline then. I'll bring the pizza in when it arrives."

The two women went about their business until their lunch arrived. They spent their lunch hour in Jackie's office enjoying lunch while Jackie told Beverley everything about Shane that she had learned so far. Beverley told a little more about her exes before she had the accident. After their lunch the women went back to work, finishing off the rest of the day. Five o'clock came and Beverley announced her departure.

"Sweetie I'm off; I'll come over tomorrow after I'm done with the books." Beverley said from the door. Jackie smiled brightly at her best friend.

"Okay, bye Sweetie, I'll see you tomorrow. I'll prepare your favourite for lunch, as always." Beverley smiled wide as she turned in the doorway.

"Have fun." She wheeled off to the elevator, leaving Jackie to finish the last of her work for the day.

Jackie got so engrossed in her work that she almost forgot about her date with Shane. James had called her on the landline and told her that she had a lady waiting in the lobby. Jackie grabbed her leather jacket and headed out with her purse in hand. She walked out of the elevator to find James and Shane talking about sports. "Well, if it isn't two of my favourite people in the world." Jackie announced with a smile.

"Good evening Ms Bailey. I was just keeping your guest entertained."

"Good evening Jackie." James and Shane greeted her, each smiling brightly.

"Good evening James, Shane. Thank you James, I didn't lock up. I know it's about now that you do your rounds upstairs." James smiled a warm smile.

"No problem Ms, I'll lock up when I'm done. Have a great evening."

"You too James, say hi to Sarah for me."

"I'll do that Ms Bailey." Jackie turned to Shane smiling shyly.

"Ready to go, Jackie?" Shane asked holding out her arm. Jackie hooked her hand into the offered arm nodding her head. James followed the two women to the door and locked up after them.

Shane led Jackie to a grey Jeep standing in front of the building and opened the passenger door for her. Jackie got in, watched Shane close the door, walk around and get in the driver side. Shane drove them to a cosy little lesbian club hidden underneath a restaurant among diners, other restaurants, video shops and 24 hour convenience stores. The tall dark haired woman led Jackie through a restaurant, down some stairs and through a thick steel door where a bouncer let them in.

The club had a massive open floor lit by flickering lights synchronised to the DJ's music. Along the walls on both sides were private little booths under dimmed lights. There were a lot of couples and groups on the dance floor. The lights made it seem like they were dancing in slow motion. Two booths were open on one side of the floor. The others were filled with occupants talking, laughing, drinking or making out in public. To the far end against the wall stood the bar where two bar ladies served drinks to customers.

Shane led them to an empty booth. "What would you like to drink?" she asked. She took a seat on one side of the table.

"A glass of sweet white wine would be fine, thanks Shane." Shane removed her jacket and set it on the other side of the table on the bench.

"I'll be right back with our drinks." Shane smiled softly at the redhead then headed to the bar. Jackie watched the couples on the dance floor as they danced to the rhythmic music filling the large room.

It was a mildly erotic scene of women rubbing themselves up against each other, showing their affection and lust for each other. A slightly overweight woman with an army cut hairstyle, loose hanging leathers, army boots and a wife beater shirt walked up to her. Jackie looked at her hands on the table hoping that the woman would leave her and walk past. As soon as she heard the woman's voice she felt intimidated and scared.

"Hey, what is a fluff like you doing sitting alone? Would you like to dance with me?" Jackie took a deep breath wishing that Shane would hurry back.

"I'm with someone, sorry. She went to get our drinks." Jackie briefly looked up at the woman regretting it. She caught a sly grin playing across a manly looking face and the smell of rum.

"I'm sure she won't mind one dance." Jackie sighed. She looked toward the bar in search of Shane.

"Thank you but no thank you." Jackie chanced another quick glance at the woman.

Shane paid for their drinks and turned to see a tough looking butch hovering over Jackie. The redhead looked scared but the butch seemed to be insisting on something. Shane walked over calmly and placed their drinks on the table. She noticed Jackie sigh in relief at her arrival and smile up at her. "Hey Honey, I'm back with our drinks. That bar sure is busy." Jackie played along with Shane.

"Its fine Baby, this nice lady was just keeping me company." Shane took a seat across from Jackie purposely flexing the muscle in her arms as she sat down. Shane looked up at the woman.

"Hi, may I help you with something?" Shane asked smiling the sweetest smile she could conjure.

The woman shook her head swallowing, noticeably. "N-no... as the fluff... I mean your lady said... I was just keeping her company." Shane reached over the table for Jackie's hand and entwined their fingers smiling at her friend. She returned her gaze to the butch.

"Thank you very much. I wouldn't like it if anything were to happen to my lady." Shane kept the fake smile but her eyes told the butch to back off, which she did when Shane flexed her muscles again. Shane and Jackie looked at one another for a moment then burst into a fit of giggles.

"Are you alright my lady?" Shane asked mockingly. Jackie giggled again.

"Thanks to you... yes. I am easily frightened by people who are intimidating and by the smell of rum."

Jackie explained in part. She saw a flash of anger in Shane's eyes that faded into a soft genuine smile. "Let's just forget about it and enjoy the evening. I thought we both could use a genuine break from everything." Shane suggested, knowing that Jackie would talk about whatever it was that had her so scared of other people in her own time.

"Thank you, Shane." Jackie squeezed their tangled fingers in appreciation. They kept their fingers tangled on the table as they talked and drank. Shane looked longingly at the couples on the floor. Jackie caught the expression and stood up, pulling Shane with her toward the dance floor.

Shane stood stunned as Jackie began swaying to the music. Jackie smiled at her, took Shane's hands and placed them on her hips. Shane did the same with Jackie's hands and followed the redhead's lead. After a few more drinks and a little more dancing, they were both relaxed. They settled into enjoying themselves and each other's company.

The two women froze when the DJ started playing a slow song. They stared at each other, then at the couples around them. Shane took control and pulled Jackie into her arms. They softly swayed to the song. They stared deeply into each other's eyes. Jackie settled her head against Shane's shoulder, relishing the comforting warmth the woman has to offer. She tightened her arms around Shane's neck.

The song ended, leaving them hugging each other close. Jackie raised her head and leaned in to kiss Shane. The moment was abruptly interrupted by a young girl crashing into them from the side. Shane and Jackie both reached out to the girl kneeling before them on the floor and helped her to her feet.

"Sorry, I fell." The young girl explained, dusting herself off.

"It's not your fault. Don't apologise." Shane said. She looked in the direction the girl came from. Jackie followed her gaze to see the same butch from earlier. She was laughing at the girl, her friends among her. The girl started crying and looked away from them. "I have to go now. Sorry for ruining your moment." The girl strode off to the bar.

Shane and Jackie returned to their booth to finish their drinks. They sat next to each other and watched the girl talk to one of the bar ladies. A moment later, a female bouncer removed the butch from earlier from the building with force.

The girl was holding a cloth to her eye when the bouncer returned. They stared at each other for a moment. She escorted the girl to the door and out, both smiling widely. The girl had the bouncer's arm around her shoulders and her hand on the bouncer's firm ass.

"I guess that butch got what she deserved," Shane commented with a broad smile.

"So did the girl and the bouncer by the looks of it," Jackie said. Shane returned her gaze to Jackie. Her thoughts trailed back to their almost kiss on the dance floor. Jackie was a beautiful woman indeed. Her sheer beauty could attract the attention of anyone around her. Jackie looked back at Shane smiling sweetly. "We should probably get going? It's getting very late," she suggested. Shane nodded her answer.

She stood up and held out her hand to Jackie. The other woman took the offered hand. They walked hand in hand to Shane's jeep, parked outside the door. Shane opened the door for her date then walked around and got in the drivers side.

Shane parked her Jeep behind the gym. Jackie stood aside watching Shane lock up and join her. "Would you like to have dinner before we go home?" Jackie asked as she walked beside the gym toward the street, Shane next to her.

"I think that would be best. I'll buy," Shane insisted. Jackie chuckled softly.

"Uh-uh... you spent enough on me tonight, and on lunch since Tuesday. It's my turn to pay." Jackie and Shane looked at each other smiling wide. Shane lowered her head, looking at the pavement as they walked toward the restaurant.

"Alright, we could take turns to pay. One day you pay, one day I pay," Shane suggested with a sweet smile. Jackie took her hand entwining their fingers with a mischievous smile on her full lips.

"That can work, but I'm still paying for dinner." They walked slowly enjoying the cool stillness of the night. "Do you think we're going to have a snowy Christmas?" Jackie asked out of the blue. Shane looked at her with a grin.

"I really hope so; I enjoy the snow especially on Christmas." Shane stuck their clasped hands into her jacket pocket to keep them warm.

"Mmmm... me too... there's nothing better than having a snowy Christmas with hot chocolate and people you love. Its times like these I miss my mom the most. She always found a way to make something out of nothing and it would be even more special." Jackie sighed with a small smile at the memories as they stepped into the restaurant.

"I noticed that you are exactly the same way; make the best out of everything. I enjoy spending time with you." Shane caught Jackie's gaze. They took a seat next to each other in a dimmed lonely booth away from other occupied tables.