All Comments on 'The Last Shewolf Ch. 29-33'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
Sxualchocol8Sxualchocol8about 6 years ago
Argh!!!

Again?!?! WTH!!! Good job thus far. Please keep it up!

SC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
getting a bit tired of all the repeated scenes

it's a bit ignorant of a character to not realize what will happen ahead of time when they already talked about it, any wolf looking for blood? we need a change here, last few chapters have been pretty much the same, different people, different setting, but the same

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
sigh

i'll add my opinion also. you made the were suicidal to point of insane.

Jessica: good news everybody. in around 6 months i'm going to die an extremely bloody and painful death.-the wolf is so happy she is going to die.

carson: i'm so proud of you and i'll be at your side as the disease you have been trying not to get kills you.

Jessica: Vivian no mater what rather than getting an abortion and living I want you to do everything you can do to save the baby and just let me die even though it has about a 0% chance of surviving.

that pretty much sums it up. they have the intelligence of a bloody mutt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Don’t get sloppy now!

I know nothing's supposed to help, because reducing the female were population to one is the central plot, but I did wonder why the women didn't try to complete their pregnancies in their most resilient skins: that of their wolves.

I like the story very much, but I have to agree this last plot twist is a recycled one and quite a foreseeable source of drama at that. Also agree on the illogical stupidity factor. Wouldn't the instincts of a mated and breeding alpha rather be to keep the doc alive solely for his and his packs benefit? Throw her in a pit, keep her isolated, but certainly not waste her by letting some beta have her and destroy her? When you’ve got this kind of goose, you go for the golden eggs, not for the nuggets. And don’t tell me the wolf halves trump the human halves that badly because if that were the case, how the hell did they managed to keep themselves off the radar to begin with!?

So keep up the good writing, but don’t get sloppy on us ;-)

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon(s),

The desperation will only increase as the numbers shrink. Mindsets are also rather fixed so repeated cyclical events will happen. Making contact wasn't smart but how else are they supposed get a large quantity of type specific Were blood? Maybe they should have drained Jessica as much as possible over the months beforehand? That could have cost the child as well.

Mutt intelligence may be an accurate assessment. It is the wolf in them that is driving the decisions not the logical(?) human part of their minds. 0% chance isn't an accurate assessment. Little Jennifer, while very weak and under developed, lived with all the equipment and skill of Vivian, Jessica and everyone else helping. If not for the attack Jennifer stood every chance of survival. The knowledge of that survival past birth will haunt Vivian's existence. All who learn of the mythical last doctor who can save their pups will make her the highest prize with no cost too high to capture her. Then we're back to Were stupidity when they all think forced mating her for total control is also a good idea. Ignoring the likely pregnancy that will result thusly killing her and assuring the end of their kind.

The story is doomed to reach the point where there is only 1 shewolf left. Sometimes you just have to let stupid kill itself. Darwin award winners are a determined bunch. lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

i said about 0% chance of survival. 1 birth out of 100 would be 1%. 1 birth out of 1,000 would be .1%. 1 birth out of 10k would be .01%. assuming there have been 10,000 pregnancies then i would say .01% is pretty poor odds. not that .1% is all that much better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
6 years!!?!??

So all were females are dead. Excepting one who left for and island and Jessica. Then all of a sudden that other were asshole just pops up with his mate. This forces me to assume not every female is dead and tons others exist. So just fuck me sideways because that one tribe had a butt ton of females just lying around not getting pregnant somehow.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

It appears an overly harsh assessment of the odds. For a valid comparison, all the others would have to have had equivalent equipment, medical personnel and knowledge in every case. At the very beginning, you could possibly say that was true. As soon as the pack doctors were killed and the knowledge sharing of those doctors ended chances certainly would be zero for those packs. It also slowed Vivian's education on the matter.

A more accurate assessment of chances would have to solely focus on Vivian's success rate. Still not good but it's the only known numbers with a known doctor. The mother's survival rate is zero unfortunately. Until Jennifer, that was also the case for the children. Without the attack which directly caused Jennifer's death let us presume she would have continued to strengthen and ultimately thrive without extreme assistance. That would be one success in 29 cases if I've counted right. So 3.45%. Not good but way better than .1 or .01%.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

they went from 400 pack to maybe 12. the youngest child is a 6 year old. that tells me that Jennifer was the only known child to survive. based on this there have been no other children to survive in the last 6 years depending on when the 6 year old was born. if the odds were as you put it there would be 3 children born out of every 100 pregnancies thus the 6 year old would not be the youngest. therefore logic states that my odds are more accurate than yours.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

you cannot base the odds simply using data from a pack that had the last known doctor. that will give you the odds of her pack and not the overall survival rate of their species as a whole.

SensitiveHandsSensitiveHandsabout 6 years ago
Knew it was a trap. It smelled right from the start

Knew it was a trap. Right from the start. What I dont know is how they are getting out of it. Next chapter, please?

Thank you for sharing your stories with us!

DJ

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

Jessica's child does not have the same chances as everyone else's children to survive. Unlike them, she has Vivian, with the experience, skills and equipment to give her child a 3.45% chance.

I believe you assert that i'm being selective in number crunching to support an unrealistic percentage estimate. I am limiting the numbers to known numbers handled by Vivian. Is that a tiny bubble in the grand scheme? Yep. A bubble where Vivian's skill, experience and equipment make all the difference in success. That is the bubble Jessica finds herself in so success rates outside that bubble have no effect there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

oddball i never said the odds of her being born i said the odds of surviving. as soon as the story said Jessica was having a girl the odds became the same as anybody else. that baby is going to die no matter what because Vivian will be the last she-wolf

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon, your presumption is incorrect i believe. I will state that I may be incorrect as well because I'm basing my ideas on the glimpses of comments by the author I've seen over on wattpad. I don't have any of the ways to get in the comments over there so I can only see his latest activity when i look for it which give 3 latest things he has done. So if he responds to someone I see those brief statements. It's like only hearing one side of a phone convo and trying to figure out what is being discussed.

The story is farther along over there. I think if you read ahead there it will weaken your certainty. Pay attention to the comments for each chapter if you can. Then you'll have an edge on me more than likely. Somewhere there was a comment saying that the "last shewolf" was a specific photo used. It is a huge clue. (I originally said the photo I remember stated but changed it to avoid spoilering people here.)

I just picked on a specific thing to correct the error as i see it. I could state some facts but it would be spoilers for you and others and I'm doing my best not to cross that line. I know how upsetting it is for some people to not be surprised or miss out on riding an emotional roller coaster. Please go read over there. Then we both can fight against revealing things too early. LOL (I have no objections to spoilers so if you see something in the comments that is a revelation let me know in a private message.)

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348about 6 years ago
Hard

A little hard to believe they would fall into this trap.

They aren’t stupid. Can of a lazy plot device but then again, I’m sitting on my ass reading and you are writing so lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gah! Extreme Tension

I’d by lying if I said I wasn’t expecting it *sigh* this is a very high tension story that unapologetically grabs the readers attention and sort of slaps you around the face a bit. Thank you, it’s brilliant.

Tess (UK)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
2311 Followers
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES