The Lost Lord Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, we might be searching forever if we don't take a chance." Debated Rainer, he then added, "Hopefully our enemy is in the same situation."

"Very well. Even if an enemy does see us, we will give them a good fight and bring us closer to the goal of eliminating the enemy side." Caetorum then hunched down. He took a deep breath before launching himself into the air towards the side of the tallest building they trio was next to. Once he got to the wall, Caetorum latched onto walls despite there being no hand or footholds. He scampered up the side of the building until he came to an open window. Caetorum didn't sense anyone inside the building so he climbed past the window.

By the time Caetorum made it to the top, Tozomat placed a hand on Rainer's shoulder. He made a hand movement that obviously made an image that told Rainer the hour was up. If he played charades, Tozomat would win every time. The contest finally had begun its lethal half. Rainer half expected that once the hour was up, they would be attacked out of the blue by a projectile or engage in a melee. Thankfully, no such thing happened.

Caetorum made it to the top safely. He reached out, trying to sense the Sin of other demons. Thanks to the hot environment of this place, his senses were inhibited. Though from the top of a building, his senses broadened. He poured his concentration into his senses in hopes to find a demon's Sin. If he felt Lust, there was a high chance that it would be someone from their side. While he could sense other demon's Sin and differentiate between the different types like Lust or Pride, he couldn't sense the individualities of each demon's Sin like he could back on the Land of Lust. Though even if he did feel Lust, that didn't mean there wasn't a demon of Lust on the other side. After several minutes of searching his surroundings, he felt a presence of Lust, Eastward. Whether it was from their allies or from an enemy, it was their best lead on finding their team. Caetorum regained himself and peered down at Rainer and Tozomat, they looked back up quizzically. Caetorum grabbed onto the ledge and slid down the ruined building. Thanks to the building have been aged and not taken care of, the stone was soft enough for Caetorum to penetrate with his fingers. He slid down while making a claw like mark on the wall all the way down.

"So, did you find anything?" Rainer didn't bother to ask how Caetorum could find anything with that blindness, though he had a hunch that it had something to do with feeling the presence of Sin.

"Fortunately, yes. Though I do not know if it is an ally or enemy. I felt the definite presence of Lust towards the East. Only one, however." Caetorum said as he pointed towards the East. Rainer's hunch was correct.

"We got no other choice really, let's go that way. We'll deal with it it's an enemy." Rainer was getting excited, like it was a game. It wasn't a game, Rainer knew that. He couldn't help but feel slightly excited at the situation, however. He made a wish in his head that no one died, no one on his side at least.

The three made their Eastward while hugging the sides of buildings. They didn't want any enemies to possibly see them and set up an ambush. The time limit was up so they could now be attacked and attack. After traversing a decent distance, Caetorum gesticulated for Rainer and Tozomat to stop. He opened his senses again and attempted to sense the Lust he felt before. He wanted to confirm that demon's position in case it moved. He would have opened his eyes in surprise, if he had any, as he sensed a new demon's presence, and it was not of Lust. He sensed Greed. And while he was not certain, Caetorum believed he knew the identity of this demon. "I sense a new presence, Greed. And I believe this demon to be Veronica of the Parish. Of course there can be another demon of Greed on their side, but I believe this one to be Veronica. I fought her, and our fight was not pretty. We must hurry, should this Lust I feel be an ally, then they will be fighting. If not, then we will have a fight on our hands with two enemies." Caetorum clenched his teeth down, there was no love lost between him and this Veronica.

Rainer nodded, "Yea, let's get there."

It seemed that the two demons were not moving from the general area Caetorum sensed them in, whether they were fighting or just resting, it was unknown. Eventually the three came to a ledge that peered off into a crater. The crater was filled with sand of the sides sloped up gradually. Caetorum motioned that the two were in the crater. None of the three could hear the sounds of a fight so it was determined that the two demons were enemies. Rainer then whispered, "Wait a sec, I got an idea." Caetorum and Tozomat looked at each other and nodded. The three of them got comfortable at the ledge and watched Rainer prepare himself to cast a spell. "This book has all sorts of useful spells. And apparently a good amount of them aren't known publicly." Rainer focused on a small rock that was open to the crater.

Eye of Rock

"Eye of my body, remove thyself

Become a part of a simple piece of Earth

And open yourself to the elements."

-

Rainer opened his eyes; his vision became thoroughly fucked up. One eye saw normally, out of Rainer's eye socket. Yet the other half of his vision was peering off into the crater, in a completely different direction, it was attached to the rock Rainer had focused at. In order to accommodate his vision, Rainer closed the eye that was still attached to him. He got used to moving and looking out with the eye on the rock. He could see a small encampment; two figures were walking around doing various things. He could see their lips moving, but not hear them. Rainer mentally cursed himself for not doing the same thing with his eye to his ear. Thankfully (and conveniently), Rainer was adept at reading lips. His demonic vision was far superior to his human vision of before, and could acutely see the movements of the two figure's lips.

"Oh c'mon, seriously? After all this time, you still don't wanna do me?" The male demon, which Rainer identified as the demon of Lust, was an incubus.

The female demon, which must of been Veronica, looked irritated, "Yes. After all this damn time, I do NOT want to have sex with you. Elizabeth may fall prey to you every once in awhile, but that does not mean I'll do the same every week. Besides, we are in a fucking bad situation here."

"Yet you do at least once a month... C'mon that month's almost up! I doubt anyone's in the vicinity."

Veronica tossed a rock at the incubus. "Then wait until that fucking month is up! Even then, that doesn't mean I'll do you. Get a goddamn grip."

The incubus didn't know when to give up, though he seemed slightly defeated, "Very well, I'll get you once the month is over... Can't you at least do, well, suck me off? If not that, then lemme fuck your tits or even stroke me off!" He was getting desperate.

"For fucks sake, I will if you just shut up. I'm not a succubus, I don't fuck every day. Archibald, fucking hell, you're damn persistent. Just keep watch for me, we're not exactly safe here." Veronica relented and paced over to the incubus who was named Archibald.

"Hell yea. Yours and Elizabeth's lips never get old. Yea yea, I'll watch out for enemies."

Rainer relayed the conversation, as he figured when they were engaging in the sexual act, the three of them could ambush. It was a despicable move, but having the advantage is the best, especially in a death match.

Caetorum whispered to Rainer, "I request that you let us two fight them. It would be safest for you."

"Fuck that, I'm at least going in there with you guys." Rainer couldn't let people do fighting for him.

"I only request that you stay back because you are still not very experienced in combat, nor are you with your magic. Teras will expertly teach you when we get back. If you must go with us, then come, but only intervene in case one of us loses. Though I doubt that will be the case."

"... Fine." Rainer relented and didn't say anymore, he released the magic containing the Eye of Rock spell, and his vision was completely restored on his face. Caetorum and Tozomat were very skilled, of that Rainer had no doubt. He still held reservations on some one dying for him, so he resolved that if one of the two were close to death or dying, then Rainer would intervene.

Audible sounds of lips sucking, on an object too obvious, could be heard. This Archibald character was definitely a demon of Lust. Caetorum turned his head towards Tozomat, "Tozomat, it's fairly obvious I am going to fight Veronica, take care of Archibald for me. Let me get in a better position, my skills are better suited to a sneak attack than yours."

Tozomat nodded his head, his dark magic was better suited for close quarters combat. He could only manipulate his own shadow, not the shadows of other objects. Caetorum was by far the most agile and quiet of the Pillar members, he was best suited when it came to stealth. Tozomat could be stealthy as well, but his magic was too obvious for sneak attacks, he preferred nonviolent espionage. Caetorum moved towards a boulder that was situated halfway down the crater, despite being blind, his senses allowed him to freely move across the unstable ground. Rocks shifted if weight was put on them, fortunately, Caetorum steps were light. He made it to the boulder without delay; he broadened his mind in order to sense the two enemy demons. They were still in the crater, engaging in oral sex. Caetorum made several hand signals to Tozomat, Rainer wasn't fluent in the code so he guessed that Caetorum was about to make his attack.

Anxiousness was the only thing Rainer could feel at the moment; he took several deep breaths in order to calm himself. Suddenly, Tozomat leapt from their hiding spot and made a mad dash into the crater. Rainer lifted his head over in order to see what had happened, the boulder Caetorum was hiding behind had shattered into several different fragments. So much for the sneak attack.

Rainer widened his eyes as he saw what destroyed the boulder. It was the same jaguar fellow, Yaotl, from the meeting. Rainer also noticed the humanoid dog, Chigaru, standing on the other side of the crater. Archibald and Veronica were just as surprised as Rainer, a yelp of pain erupted from the male as Veronica accidentally chomped down. Veronica got up and readied herself; she rushed back to a section of the encampment where her belongings were located. Archibald did the same, wincing from the pain from down below.

Caetorum jumped back, avoiding the fragments of the rock, drops of blood appeared from a small scratch on his cheek. Yaotl obliterated the rock with a strange club. It resembled a wooden sword, though it had black chunks embedded on the sides, the black rocks had irregular serrations. Obsidian, that was the black rocks embedded in the wooden club sword.

The situation turned from a three against two, to a three against four, things didn't bode well. Yaotl looked like a jaguar, obviously, but a more humanized version of one. He stood on his haunched hind legs. "A furry? Two of them?" Rainer asked himself incredulously. How the heck are the three of them going to survive now, he wondered. His question was soon answered.

As Yaotl began to rain a series of blows on Caetorum, who narrowly dodged or deviated them with his rapier, Chigaru bolted off towards the two Parish members. He wielded a polearm, which resembled a spade or a half-moon, on both ends. Instead of attacking Rainer's posse, he advanced and attacked Archibald, who managed to grasp his sword in time to parry Chigaru's attack. "Hey! What's your game? Aren't you on our side, damnit?" Archibald was just as bewildered as Rainer.

Chigaru growled back, "We fight for our Shah. Anyone who isn't on his side will be our enemy. We won't stop until you all perish... Or we die for our sands and jungles."

"Pah! You truly are a loyal dog, fine then. Unless our other allies do the same as you, the eight of us will kill you and The Lord of Lust." Archibald sliced forward, twisting the blade at the last second to chop down under Chigaru's arm. "Just tell me one thing, which of you two is Ignorance, of the Pillar of Sloth?"

Chigaru wasn't fazed by Archibald's counterattack; he blocked the blows with his polearm's shaft, before returning the favor with one of the spades. "We have no reason or need to tell you."

"Pfff, fine then, we'll beat-"

"I am Ignorance of the Pillar division." Chigaru, after refusing to tell Archibald, interrupted the incubus and told him the information he desired. Archibald was visibly annoyed; his sword became wilder with its movements.

Veronica wasn't sure to make of the situation. Two of their allies turned traitor, and now there was a three-way conflict going on. When she initially saw Yaotl destroy the boulder, she was elated. She hadn't seen Caetorum, that blind bastard, until Yaotl entered the scene. Then Chigaru attacked her and Archibald, and it was all for their loyalty towards the Shah of Sloth. Perhaps those two should have been members of Pride.

She swiveled her head to see a demon rush after her, she could only assume that it was an ally to The Lord of Lust. While she didn't recognize the demon in question, she remembered his name and rank when he used his magic. The shadow manipulation of Tozomat, Romance of the Pillar of Lust was quite famous. Very few could or would master that painful and difficult magic. She already had her full set of armor on, and she picked up one of her many weapons for the fight. Originally from the Gardens of Greed, Veronica made sure she had the best of the weapons, armor, and training. She knew how to fight with practically any weapon given to her; the dual swords she now carried were no different.

Tozomat summoned his usual dark magic; he thickened his skin in preparation. He turned his legs into just that, but with fleshy blades on the front and back. He turned his left arm into a spear of flesh, with a sharpened bone at the tip. His right arm turned into a fleshy sword, with hooks on one side. He turned his own flesh into dangerous weapons, and because of that, whenever he fought with them, he had to ignore the pain. His magic was very painful to the user, it was really only suited to those who are good against pain or those who enjoy pain. He lunged forward with the spear arm, in hopes to end Veronica's life with one blow. Of course it wasn't going to be that easy. Veronica deflected the thrust with one of her swords, before attacking with her other sword. She wielded a curved saber in one hand and what looked like a lengthened machete in the other.

Rainer didn't dare enter the ensuing fights, while he knew he would have been useful, he just had to watch.

-

"Why did you want to separate from those two? You cannot deny that it would be more prudent to group together."

"Heh, they may be damned professional assassins, but we are damned professional mercenaries. Our kind just doesn't mix."

"Hrm, you are correct. Let us hope, however, that we do not encounter a group of enemies too large."

"Don't damn worry. Your summons are quite mighty, Luce." The two voices originated from what used to be a town square, though ruined and decrepit from time. They continued their walk down an alleyway, keeping their eyes and ears open for the sights and sounds of possible combat or enemies. After many minutes of walking, the two came up with something. "Eh? You hear that damned noise, don't you, Luce?"

"Yes, Avandar... Let me see what is there." The one named Luce waved his arms in a ritualistic manner. Soon, a dark void appeared on the side of a building. A small bird like creature appeared out of the dark hole. It flapped happily as it danced about in the air near Luce. Soon, the black void closed up, sucking in air and dust as it ceased to exist. "This creature here is called a Hark. It's not very useful for combat, though it is quite handy for scouting."

"I've only seen your damned combat summons, what does this diminutive thing do, exactly?" Avandar asked inquisitively, despite his generally harsh tones, he liked to know the secrets behind people's skills.

"I form a psychic link with each of my summons, while they can act on their own, I can also control them when needed. If I focus on our link, I can see what the Hark sees." Luce then tossed the Hark in the air, letting it take flight towards the sounds of combat.

"Hrm... I see four people. The young ones we discussed before are three of them, the Fallen Angel, the witch, and the white demoness. I also see another; I believe it is that gluttony demon from the Parish, Forsythe. Other than that, I see several creatures around Forsythe... Wait, a large monster appeared, like a worm, it is attacking the girls. It seems a three on one situation is not the case, but a three on one and his minions. I am going to call back the Hark, as it is being attacked by one of Forsythe's creatures." Luce made another series of ritualistic maneuvers; the Hark disappeared in mid air as it was swallowed by a small dark void.

"Finally! Some damn foes to fight. Though I despise being near that damned Gluttony demon, perhaps I'll kill him too. I wish to try out this sword given to me by Arazra. What did he call it? Old Age? Whatever, it's eager for some damn blood." Avandar smiled as he patted Luce's shoulders. The two set off towards the battle.

-

"Guh! I underestimated you, Sadist... Very well, I'll bring out my full strength like you ask."

"OF course you will. And IT still won't be enough to win. I expected more from the Asura of the human world legends, the Fury of Wrath."

"And you will get more, my power amplifies with each set of arms I take out, getting doubled, and then tripled. The honor of the Warmaster demands I bring my fury upon you."

"OH I love magic, especially the raw power of the natural elements! Now, let's see what you have to show?"

-

"Thith ith tho much fun. I wonder what you tathte like? Juicy? Thour? Thweet? Perhapth a little bit of all three?" A skinny demon said this with a lisp to three girls.

"Foul demons like you, should stay here in hell. Mother was right to never like your kind in the Grounds of Gluttony." A demoness of Pride and Lust named Nerissa said this as she pulled out her sword from her scabbard. She cut it through the skin of a furry animal that attacked her. Behind her, the Fallen Angel Aureal shot a concentrated beam of light out of her warhammer into a bird of prey in the sky. Off to her side, a witch named Lauren stabbed a wicked dagger into the throat of a third, practically skinless, animal that attacked them. All of these animals were summoned by the demon before them, Forsythe.

"I bet your mother would be tathty. Perhapth I thould make her the main courthe of thupper? You can be dethert." A rodent crawled around the shoulders of Forsythe, before latching on to his face and crawling across it. Once the rodent got near Forsythe's mouth, the demon opened his maw and bit down on the rodent. He crunched up the rodent, swallowing the now dead animal, bones and all. "The boneth are the betht. It replenitheth calcium. Hmmm? What ith that? Oh, them." Forsythe cocked his head as he saw two figures moving towards the four of them. He recognized them immediately, yet Nerissa squinted her eyes.

Once the two were visible in her vision, Nerissa sighed, as she knew the newcomers were trouble. She felt a familiar, dangerous aura. She had felt it before from Altruism of the Pillar of Pride, or more specifically, his weapon. The other was a creature very rarely sighted outside of the Gardens of Greed, one of the humanoid species that was saved. She warned her two friends, Aureal and Lauren of the newcomers, "Watch out you two! We have more enemies... And I am sure strong ones at that. After all, one is wielding one of Death's weapons, Old Age, and the other is a Djinn of the Gardens of Greed."

12