All Comments on 'The Loving Wife'

by stormbreyer

Sort by:
  • 134 Comments
chytownchytownover 8 years ago
Great Piece Of Writing.*****

Very entertaining read. Thanks for sharing.

mavir9mavir9over 8 years ago
Hum, Quite the Different BTB Story

One thing that comes to mind is what happened to the stuff she shoved in the air vent. She was so careful with the whole procedure. Did she remove it and disposed of it before she sold the house. This can come back to haunt her, since there seems to be some doubts with the investigators.

whirlwind_66whirlwind_66over 8 years ago
Burn The Bastard !!

And burn she did ..with fire in her resolve and a bullet in his head ..!! Good one , with a difference ...!

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 8 years ago
Hehehe

The last 'nonny sounds like Mike.

Well written and plausible. And what every abusive person deserves, if they don't seek help.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
He deserved it all... but...

He deserved it all...Abusing husband or wives deserve to be punished badly...but at some point the story seems to point that all men that are BTB husbands are cold heart men!!! I know no one must take justice in their own hands, but only when we are in such situations, we can find out whar we are capable of doing...For instance: if someone rape or murder our child...What each of us will do after the grieving time? No one knows for sure...3*

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Skewed

Kind is reads like a skewed attack on the BTB reader. A better way would have been to way out the results of a cheating wife's actions on some sort of scale. A man or a woman finds out his wife has cheated once, or one hundred times - it doesn't matter, the trust, respect and love are disintegrating. Does it matter how many times somebody shoots you with a gun? Not really, you are still shot. So, the cheated is often left with a decision to make - stay married (without love, respect, trust) or get a divorce and move on.

The trouble with divorcing a wife is that she will get half of everything you have worked for during the marriage, and most likely she will get the kids and access to the child support which she will use for whatever she wants to use it for, often not for the kids. So, after you wife has fucked you over, she will actually be rewarded by gaining more than you will after a divorce. Additionally, women often poison the children's minds against their fathers in order to maintain control over the children. With this in mind, do you begin to grasp the BTB concept yet? If not it can only be because you are a woman, or a childless pervert that doesn't give a shit what his wife dies because you are doing it too. The trouble with that is, by definition you do not have a traditional marriage (really you are not married at all) and therefor are not in a position to judge people who have made lifetime commitments and expect them to be honored.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
Welcome to the club!

Outstanding BTB tale! Thank goodness for an equalizer! That showed the BASTARD what his consequences were.

Actually, you're an idiot. BTB means Burn the Bastard just as much as Burn the Bitch. There is nothing sexist about the mindset that wants the bitch or bastard that destroyed their spouse and marriage to get what is deserved. If it seems to be more focused on cheating wives than husbands, it's because the corrupt judicial industry doesn't care about right and wrong. They only want our money; so naturally, in this equation, it is the husband that gets screwed. If the courts held the adulterous party accountable, BTB would disappear as a category.

I gave you 1 star because even without your warning, it was clear that you had an agenda, but it was poorly executed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
whether against the bitch OR the bastard, the btb is a powerful genre for emotion

It is easy to write a bitchy wife character who seems to DESERVE "what is coming to her" Guess what, it is NO newsflash that it is JUST as easy to write a bastard husband character who seems to desrve the same.

Many experiments already have been done here in LW, trying to cypher out hypocracy in responses by BTB commenters. Guess what, time and time again, you will find that BTB readers are JUST as happy to see the hubby get burned....IF he deserves it.

But for this story, you seem to want his chief crime to be that he was a reader of Literotica!!!!

I submit to you, that you SHOULD have written this story, and left literotica the fuck out of it. Your agenda isn't just transparent, it is like it is advertised on a huge billboard!

Plenty of stories about abuse reside in LW. Still, the absence of a cheating spouse, is likely to throw off some of your readers. The best BTB stories remind us that there is consequences for our actions. The best BTB stories illustrate the powerful emotions and yes sometimes tradgedy that it requires to get somebody to change. You will ALWAYS find someone who will say that MURDER in a LW story is OTT revenge. But I wonder if you are willing to take the same critique as ANY author who uses murder in an OTT way?

Again, you want this guy to be an abuser. But you seem to blame his Literotica habit as the source of his problem. I still think that childhood trauma, or other environs are a better indicator for that instead of just reading a porn site later on in life as an adult. I repeat my earlier statement. You should have tried to tell this story while leaving Lit out of it. No author who tries to Alienate their audience is successfull in ANYTHING but pissing people off!!!

You MAY have wanted to make people think twice, but I think you won't have achieved those goals. People are going to say, "OH just another author trying to punish people for liking BTB stories! Well fuck him"

Consequences and Lessons Learned!

THAT is what BTB stories are about.

The people, including THIS author who continue to think that BTB stories are ONLY about abuse or murder........JUST DON'T GET IT!

Author, this story just proves that you DON'T GET IT! And I suppose that is opposite of the lesson any reader was supposed to learn, right?

mike9698mike9698over 8 years ago
did you really take the time to write this.

you dont have better things that you could be doing. wow your kidding, abusive people are assholes. man thats a news flash. people who like BTB stories are mostly people that have been hurt by cheating, either directly or indirectly. we want to see justice done. we want to see the cheater have some consequences for their actions. in essence we want to see the bad guy not profit from their actions and the good guy (or girl) not be hurt from being betrayed by someone who is supposed to love them. if this to hard for you or others to understand then to fucking bad.since when is it a bad thing to want to see the good guy win. the sad thing is im sure there are a lot of shitty husbands in real life that are just as bad as the dipshit in your story, i bet 99 %of them never heard of this site.

javmor79javmor79over 8 years ago
I liked this story

I gave it a five and favorited it. I am a fan of originality and good writing, and this fit the bill. I also love the irony. The author writes a story with the sole purpose of showing his dislike for the BTB crowd, while the character in it (who is a BTB enthusiast) is the one who gets burned.

However, I have to disagree with this author's small box that he placed the BTB crowd in. It appears that he has them all labeled as abusive, insecure, cowardly individuals. While there are some that fit that bill, they are not all like that. The ones who show their colors by posting abusive rants while hiding behind the veil of anonymous definitely fit the "Mike" label, but there are some that just don't care for wife sharing stories. I get that. Personally, I'm not too fond of most wife sharing stories. For me, a story is more interesting when I can see the emotion on both sides behind having a wife step outside of the bounds of marriage. I most enjoy the tales in which the estranged couple beat the odds and find a way back to each other. The reason why I don't go for most sharing stories is because they feature people who happily indulge the sharing. There is no anxiety in the stories. No mountain to overcome. No dragon to slay. So I get bored with those stories. But that's me.

I do recognize that there are people who do enjoy those stories. There is nothing wrong with them. They are not morally corrupt simply because they have different tastes than I have. I can't judge their personal life by the fantasies that they have. I think that there are many who read the Loving Wives genre that don't get that. In my opinion, those are the people who the author was trying to address.

francis_toliverfrancis_toliverover 8 years ago
A long story (or so it seemed)

just to make an editorial about reactive people responding to BTB stories. Heavy handed and so-so writing. Lapses in tense (from past to present and then back to past). In the end the story end of it was unsatisfying and the commentary was about as subtle as a Mack truck.

People that try to teach through stories need to be very subtle or they come off as condescending and full of themselves. Especially when they think they have an understanding of the target of their ire. Your story is a perfect case in point. Instead of deciding what a BTB commentator's personality was (abusive), you could have tried to understand them. Look for what motivates them, talking to those that were willing to post with names. Finding out why they are so angry (anger typically covers other emotions like fear or hurt) and what they got out of the BTB category that gave them catharsis. I'm just guessing here, but I doubt you did any of that.

That puts you in the same category as the people that characterize all cheaters as one dimensional sluts ready to take on 12 guys without condoms, throwing away 20 years of marriage and 3 kids because they can't control their lust.

Sad company for you to be in.

A good writer writes characters that have depth and saves the commentary for the comments section. Why was the husband abusive? Why did the wife feel that murder was a better choice (a choice few abused spouses choose) then simply running away? Where was the emotion driving the characters? Few people are so logical and emotionless. In the end it appeared you were more interested in a platform to slam BTB commentators then in exploring the characters in your story.

That in turn led to a mediocre story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I missed the loving wife in this story

I saw a cold blooded, calculated killer. I believe they call it "premeditated" murder. And while BTB works just as well for men as it does for women this seemed like an over-the-top lesson for your take on BTB. . Domestic abuse is a serious subject, even for a fictional story. Reading this to its inevitable ending was no fun. And you might consider an editor next time. Some of the mistakes were just plain irritating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Serious question from an outsider

What is BTB? I tried Google and the first link had 66 suggestions

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WHY

Why in hell would a story like this be on a erotic sex site?

PLease post in non erotic in the furure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
CRAP!!

PURE CRAP!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Robert

This is a pathetic attempt at justifing premeated murder

patilliepatillieover 8 years ago
Really well done

Prob shoulda rated it a 5 but the subject matter was too dark and put a 4 on it. thought the insights were keen, into the mind of an abuser and abused, and the children. Nothing good comes from this type behavior.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Interesting and Useful

It is just as much a fantasy as is the usual BTB story. But in this case it would have been much more reasonable to get a lawyer and ask for a divorce. He certainly deserved to lose the kids but not his life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Miss the Loving Wife completely in this story

Just a story about a woman becoming a cold-blooded murderer.

She didn't have an intervention for her husband's anger issues; what she would've done if she was actually a loving wife & loved her husband. Someone as cold blooded as this can hardly love anybody. So, she just shoots him; who has the real anger issue here?

It's more a story of two wrongs not making a right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fuck annony!! this fool hates everything

Keep writing I gave you a 5 for your effort and content

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
Powerful and Provacative Issues took Precedence over Nuances

This story has my respect in terms of being a modern update of afterschool / after shock special for average Loving Wife reader. In terms of being a well crafted story - not so much. Worth more for thinking points raised via characters and their actions , then the actual tale. It was worth my time to read and I thank the author for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Horrible and pathetic!

Nuff said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well

Good writing.

A different take on btb. The story was right, they usually progress to more violence and to hurting their children.

I think the last article about it I saw, was around 30 to 50% of women are abused and or raped.

So yeah burn a woman that destroys her family and husband with malice, but this woman was mentally ill, from the abuse.

shaman43shaman43over 8 years ago
Teaching tool

Your attempt to affect the BTB crowd was more sophisticated than mine. Wish I had done what you did. In the end, however, it had little effect on that crowd. Notwithstanding the fact I grew up in a rough environment so I was arrested for attempted murder in a knife fight. Notwithstanding, I have confirmed kills from my years in the Corps I am not a man but a wimp because I think the BTB crowd has a lack of moral development at about the 5 year level of a blow for blow. As someone who has dealt, for years, on the effect of divorce on the participants, statistics show that the majority of women do not do as well as the men economically. More than half the kids who live below the poverty line are in homes with women who divorced. In some cases a divorce does make the male near the poverty line but it is far less often the case for the wife. The BTB crowd does not want to be swayed by facts. Just as in the story they want reasons for their emotions and anger. They change their world to do so until belief becomes perception which then creates their reality to the detriment of us all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Regardless of.What You are Trying to Teach

This is fiction and even all the BTB people.on this site deep down realize it's fiction as well.If.every spouse that was abused in any way being verbal or physical and this was.their answer the jails would be fuller than they already are..Sorry over the top is over the top

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 8 years ago
Too dark for me

But controlling, misogynistic husbands are a reality, there's a lot more women's shelters than men's shelters. I think the reason these stories feature bland nice guys, and nutty cheating women, is because they are mostly written by old men like me, and we like characters we can identify with.

There is a market on this site for relative realism, but realism shouldn't get too much in the way of a good story. This story was relentlessly dark, and a total downer, so it wasn't such a good read to me.

I gave it high marks for the other side other side of the coin aspect, originality is tough to find here, and this is such an example.

PS, she did love her husband, until he beat that out of her.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 8 years ago
A very interesting story

Her husband was paranoid and, eventually, he would have killed his faithful, loving wife.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 8 years ago
Ditto ChilleyWilley

Very dark. Kind of saw it coming. Had the lady called the cops and had him thrown in jail, it might have worked out or she could have ended up beaten to death. Difficult for me to say that I "like" this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
can't vote

This kind of story is not what very many of us come here for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Two steps were skipped by the woman in this story. The first step should have been a restraining order, then get a gun; followed by a divorce. She may have avoided having to kill him if she had done this. Most people don't get over killing someone in a year. Ask any vet.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 8 years ago
WOW, I see all the wanna be's are out in force

First, shaman43 your stats are off. Women who work and divorced are doing better than 80% of their ex's. And as far as your claim the moral compasses of the BTB crowd, what makes you an expert. Being in the Corp makes you a Jarhead. Not an expert on the ideology of what makes a BTB'er. I'm a proud member of the BTB crowd, not because I'm a misogynist, but because people like you get the stats wrong. I have done a large number of military paternity test on spouses of active duty members. It's a little higher than the national average. And I have yet to see one of them crying over the husband being sent back to the barracks. And as far as poverty, bad choices. I've seen too many mom's walking around in better clothes than the kids. As far as the women in shelters comment, that's true. But that's the mens fault. Most would feel less than a man for calling the cops on a woman. I feel, you asked for equal rights, I'm more than happy to put them in effect. I'm maybe one of a few men that will call the cops on a woman for hitting me. I'm 6'2, 235 and my wife is 5'6 140 and I'll call the cops on her ass at the drop of a dime.

javmor79javmor79over 8 years ago
Say what you will, but...

To have a story be this controversial with this crowd and still earn a score of 3.5 stars says something. Usually the BTBers can 1 bomb a story and sink the score. This story has earned enough high stars to offset that. To me, that is an accomplishment.

To the author: you accomplished your goal. I doubt that your goal was to change minds, as I think you see how fruitless that is. But I believe that your intent was to get us talking and to shake the tree and see what falls out. Well done.

I'm not sure if I will be an avid reader of your stories, as I don't enjoy willing wife sharing stories much. If I don't ever get to comment on one of your stories again, I will just say good luck and I hope you keep posting. There are people who will enjoy your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fuck Bonnie

Talk about hate

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good story

as told from the wife's point of view. home many in the BTB crowd would see her point of view.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
BTB

Another cuck story--she was a whore, cheating skank and the children was her studs. She will die by her cheating hand. The police did a sorry job on this case. Check the computer police.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 8 years ago
Have read most but not all of the comments

This is a very dark tale. It certainly is not erotic, and it does not fit the description of a LW category story. So I must agree with others who have expressed similar views. Our "heroine" committed murder in the first degree, plain and simple, and got away with it. Even though hubby was a violent shit and had assaulted her, threatened her, what have you . . . Tricking him while he was drunk (into writing a suicide note), then shooting him in the head while he was sitting in a chair, drunk and stuporous, is not self-defense. She certainly could have left him, filed complaints, etc.

No, this was a revenge murder, plain and simple, rationalized with the battered wife excuse. If she shot him while he was assaulting her, or if he violated a restraining order and broke into her home with intent to do her great bodily harm, well, that's self-defense. But not premeditated murder.

Obviously the cops were lazy in this story but I'm not sure in real life that this would fly. Analysis of the bullet angle would likely show he failed to shoot himself -- this is a mistake many amateurs make. Also, I have trouble believing she would be able to be consistent during the intense questioning that would follow. So, I give this story three stars for some originality and fair writing, but the plot holes and wrong category prevent me from giving a higher score. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I gave 5 stars ...

... This story was golden, it rang true with every word. Kudos to the author, I have no suggestions or criticisms, just praise. Please don't delete the rants of the cowardly. Their insanity gives testimony to the reason your star rating isn't higher. Many thank you's from the Panther Fan.

carvohicarvohiover 8 years ago
Wow!

It's great we have a web site with a genre where something as dark as this can find a place.

Though I didn't like it, I gave this a five. It made me think, not change my behavior, but it did make me think. I've been married a long long time, same girl, lots of kids. See, I'm a hollerer! My wife is tiny. She's a hollerer and a hitter. I've had several occasions where I've ended up holding her hands in mine or hugging her real close to keep from getting walloped. When we were younger she'd get so mad she'd just quiver. For sure there was a time or two I'd yell about something and a minute or two later I'd hear a loud crash where she'd broken an object or two. I've even outlined a story where the wife batters the husband. For sure, I couldn't imagine ever cheating or being physically abusive, but I can kind of relate to the wife. I mean it I've been clobbered a couple times, once with a skillet, but when you love someone I guess you just 'stand by your person'. Heck, our kids all have learned to understand.

Yeah this story wasn't much fun, but it belongs here. Sorry for the personal stuff,

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

She loved him and stayed with him for eight years and put up with his abuses, verbal and otherwise. She loved him for sure. What she did at the end totally wasn't expected. But I'd give high to the author for having wrote his mind and not afraid of criticism. Good work. Most of the guys wouldn't like the Idea of a wife killing husband for not so big reason but, still it could happen. Guys kill their wives/Gfs for no reason and get away with it. Why not a woman?

javmor79javmor79over 8 years ago
By far the STUPIDEST comment I've read

"Another cuck story--she was a whore, cheating skank and the children was her studs."

This guy is clearly a "Mike". Don't normally like to attack other's, but this is ridiculous. This guy wins the award for the most absurdly retarded comment ever. Congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
interesting

The is a burn the bastard story. It was done with an abusive husband rather than a cheating one but he deserved it. The husband was already unhinged and would have killed her most likely.

gordo12gordo12over 8 years ago
Wow you set off a shitstorm with this one :-)

But it really made me think. Of course almost all the BTB stories here are the hubby burning wifey.

I would have given it a 5 but the ending was a little too dark for me. While wife abuse is a terrible issue killing a husband isn't the answer. People can change and regaining your wife and children can be powerful incentives to change. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To mix BTB and Consequence

If the cheated, battered spouse kills her/his spouse that is not BTB in the 99.99% cases! That is sad sometime tragic Consequence story.

There are BTB stories where the cheater or abuser spouses are killed, BUT NOT THE BETRAYED BATTERED SPOUSE KILLED HIS/HER!

The exact example BigK10 "The Fate of Her Lovers". Here the husband does not know who killed his slut wife's lovers and at the end his cheating wife. Some years later he learned who killed them. HE BOUGHT BEER HIM...............

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Once More

@ Sugna Your example is the exact explanation of the life of the BTB story.

However It is important to understand, the cheated/battered spouse kills her/his cheater or abuser spouse that is not BTB, because the died spouse does not live the effect of the revenge........died wife/husband do not suffer.

To kill (for selfdifence) the abusive spouse is Consequence tragic or sad but NOT BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
My third answer

@Kind Author I said in the 99.99% the spouse's murder is not BTB only sad or tragic Consequence. So my responsibility to explain what is the true BTB?

Look at a gem BTB author as FrancisMacomber and his two stories.

"The Six O'Clock News Slot" The impertinens cheating wife says to her husband she goes with his lover for one week beach time and her husband will lose his daughter if he divorced her. The husband's friend organizes a web campaing to destroy his friend's wife and her married lover totally and the HUSBAND EARNS THE CHILD CUSTODY. The wife loses his original profession the husband earns ex's lover's exwife. Total BTB (Bitch and Bastard) the wife loses the children custody, her reputation in the media industry and she lives in Los Angeles and he lives in Mobile, Alabama with his new wife. Nobody kills anybody!

"Honey Trap" The cheated husband destroys the cheater wife's love connection and he earns a better newer woman. Very humorous BTB (both Bitch and Bastard) story.

A newer BTB author Longhorn_07 "Fool Me Once" After cheating the husband forgives, but the wife cheats again after reconciliation. The husband with an ally sends his cheating wife and her lover to prison to be innocents. Nobody kills anybody, but the wife enjoys 4 years prison to be innocent! It is BTB (Bitch and Bastard) story!

A newer BTB author Vulcez "How Are You?" A smart 17 years old daughter burns her cheater and family abandon mother to the ground in a phone conversation. According to me this is the BEST BTB STORY (not one of the best!) at all. Kind author to read this first! Here nobody kills anybody too!

A newer BTB author Stangstar06 "Love is for Suckers" The wife left her husband for lover. After sad state a girl draws him out from the depression. When the cheater wife's lover left her the husband kicks her out for his lover girl.

Azpiri "Shattered" A cheated husband uses IT as David against Goliat to destroy the lover and ally of his cheating wife and he finds younger, better woman for second wife.......

From Likegoodwine "No String Attached" The husband earns the wife without lover after some months to the divorce and he has newer younger wife with pregnant of his fourth kid. Here nobody kills anybody too.................

so on

No cheating wives were killed at all

A Burn The Bastard story from Amyyum "Paint Cheaters with the Same Brush". Nobody kills husband here too.............

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2over 8 years ago
gave it a 5

for content

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
@ gordo12

Since most of the BTB stories are of a wife cheating on her husband it only stands to reason that the one being burned in revenge is the cheating wife.

Loving Wives is after all about wives having extramarital sex, and Lit. does not have a Loving Husbands category.

The only one where the wife cheats and takes revenge on the husband for it are some of edrider73's stuff which is beyond BDSM into outright sadism.

There are stories in LW about wives who have sex outside of their marriage with the agreement of their husband, whether he has other partners or not.

Those stories are not in the BTB realm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
4th answer

To kill the cheating wife by the husband is not BTB, BUT SAD OR TRAGIC CONSEQUENCE STORY!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5th answer

If the battered (cheated) wife kills the abuser (cheating) husband ALSO NOT BTB STORY BUT SAD OR TRAGIC CONSEQUENCE STORY!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 8 years ago
It's a magazine not a clip

I don't know why this mistake makes me so crazy but it does. A clip (sometimes called a "stripper clip") is a strip that holds a group of bullets ("rounds") for insertion into an internal or external magazine. The only handgun I can remember that actually used a stripper clip is the old "Broomstick" Mauser. There are probably others but I don't recall right now.

Oh, the story. Battered wife kills abusive husband and gets away with it. Boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
6th answer

What is the BTB in the abusive husbands? The wife divorces her husband and she (and her kids) gets restraining order. The husband becomes alcoholic loser and the wife finds a good second husband. The abuser ex husband does not meet his kids and the wife has happy life...........BTB.

The wife kills her abuser husband is Consequence not BTB, because the husband died.......................

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 8 years ago
Only one or two acts of abuse by hubby?

To be sure that is one or two too many. However from I've read of such cases women are usually far more long-suffering that that before they begin to think of something as extreme as murder.

Of course the point of the story was to comment on the way the BTB posters on this site (where BTB means strictly burn the bitch, not the bastard) react to stories; it's a comment on treating the stories on Literotica too literally too. Here the wife finds and sees the husband's fantasy contributions on the site and reacts herself in real life.

stormbreyerstormbreyerover 8 years agoAuthor
A note from the author

Thank you to everyone who wrote a comment on this story (even the trolls with the personal attacks). All authors want feedback on their work. Even the haters are letting us know that they bothered to read the work and felt strongly enough about it to put an effort into a response.

As most of you figured out, it’s my take on the underlying immorality of the BTB category when a story features a wronged husband who then revels in tormenting his cheating wife. Some of you are fairly good psychologists, because you picked up on the fact that this started as an emotional response to the hate mail from the BTB crowd, but then turned into something else.

I started to empathize with the character, Mary, that I created (even though, for the record, what she did is wrong and indefensible). That led me to finish the story with the insight into her personal torment over what happened. I have read many of the BTB stories all the way through, and I don’t recall any where the vengeful husband ever regretted how he had treated his wife, so in that regard this is not strictly a gender flipped BTB story based on a different kind of betrayal of the marriage vows. I also acknowledge that some stories in the loving wives category do focus on spouses who end up happier after a breakup and are grateful for the outcome, but I wouldn’t categorize those as BTB stories.

I sympathize with anyone who has been wronged in a relationship. I doubt there are many of us who have not been in that situation at one point or another in life. I guess my main emotion is sadness for those who can’t walk away from those situations and find happiness elsewhere. If I am certain of anything, it’s that our turn on this earth is too short to waste on bitterness and anger.

And finally, if this story helped you realize that you are in an abusive relationship, I encourage you to ask someone for help. If you are an abuser and you recognize it, you have it in you to change. If you are a victim, you don’t deserve to be, no matter what you may think. In either case, please get help for yourself and those you love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
one of the best...

Best for proper grammar and spelling. I can't tell you how much mistakes hack me off (like insurance claims that get paid...).

Well done - grin

steven857steven857over 8 years ago
story was good

I am not sure what this has to do with BTB other than the abusive husband liked those stories. Normally BTB has to do with cheating wives. But this was a well done story.

VickieTernVickieTernover 8 years ago
A brilliant reversal

of the standard BTB story. I'd have been more amused if the husband had been unfaithful as well as abusive (maybe even one day saying "We have to talk" and then telling her that he felt hemmed in and needed time away from her), but frankly, the wife's lack of sophistication and desperation, given this brute, adequately motivates and explains her -- yes, rather excessive -- self-defensive action. Moralists, FIVE!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So much hate

Thanks for sharing this story, though not a fan of BTB your story was well written

Can't understand the hateful comments you received for this story, it was very clear where the story line would go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A VERY, VERY WELL WRITTEN STORY: i gave you (* * * *) more precisely 4.4/5.0 = 88% = A

I am not into BTB stories.

I do not condone any kind of violence although her action did have elements of self-defence.

Usually when an abused woman kills the abuser she has suffered way more physical & mantal abuse than Mary did. Having said that, let me tell you this: even ONE single episode of violent behavior is one too many.

I wish Mary called the Police after he threw stuff at her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice

Nice twist on this category. I can't help but say, "Who da bitch now!!!!"

Well done, and thanks.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 8 years ago
Excellent!

1. You can write and use the English language well.

2. You told it right about the trolls who hide behind the Anonymous label.

3. The ratio of husband letting wife be used to wife cheating behind his back is about right, on here.

4. A different take on the LW category. I don't know how I missed this one in September when it was posted.

5. The forensics all seemed to line up in a well thought out plan. Though murder is never an option.

5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It appears you delete comments you don't like, so I'll be brief....

....several hints you made and conclusions you obviously drew, bear some scrutiny.

1.Those that read and enjoy BTB stories are abusers.

I would suggest that the majority of that group are victims of cheaters, writing or reading out their outrage, hurt and anger in stories where people do what they could/would not in response to the abominations committed against them.

2. Anonymous commenters are all troglodytes.

In my experience a healthy percentage are...but so are a like percentage of the named commenters. A near equal percentage of annonys are anonymous for undisclosed reasons other than cowardice (as you and many other of your ilk suggest). Their comments considered and thoughtful.....like named commenters and in like proportion. Get over it.

3. Women are always the victims, so how dare anyone write a BTB story?

Calling infidelity a mistake, is like calling a gunshot wound to the heart an accidental discharge of a deadly weapon. In both cases, there was a choice or decision, if you prefer, precise actions against such, devastation being the result. To say that no one was harmed by a person's infidelity is as naive as it gets. Everyone involved is harmed by infidelity. It's just that the victims don't bleed out (except financially).

Finally, there is another underserved side to the BTB category (Burn The

Bastard). I've only seen less than a handful of stories matching that description in this category.

I wonder why, if men really are the bastards they are so often claimed to be. I don't argue that men may be more promiscuous than women (but really? It takes two, so how do we honestly conclude that?), but I do argue that today, women are the bastions of faith and morality they were reputed to be in my youth.

But the BTBastard stories are rare. I wonder why, and frankly, would like to see more of them (hopefully good ones).

Infidelity is a road with two lanes, one in each direction. And traffic is heavy in both directions. Too heavy, IMO. There needs to be legal and real consequences to breaking such intimate vows and devastating multiple lives. Societies, for right or wrong, better or worse have traditionally dealt with such things in various ways. In the west we have managed in more recent history to remove all but financial (legal costs) consequences from the dissolution of a marriage for any reason. And the judgements are nearly universally lopsided. I think that itself is criminal.

In the case of infidelity, where there was intent and to some degree always premeditation, there should be criminal consequences. If I robbed a store at gunpoint I would be charged and likely convicted of several felonies and accordingly jailed. Why then, is not the willful and wanton destruction of a family and the lives therin and the economy thereof not also considered felonies? Because in terms of the magnitude of the crime (based upon the damage) it most certainly is.

Simply losing the marriage is not adequate punishment to the criminal.

A lot of the BTB stories address this rampant injustice (just not enough in the one direction to suit me) in various ways. Some are more violent than others, but most seem to be seeking some balance.....some JUSTICE in the aftermath of the discovery of the betrayal.

If that were not so, why would they go to such great lengths to remove any children to safer environs, protect assets, eliminate capital advantages granted by the courts every single time, remove the chance for the emotional and economic rape that occurs in "family court" every day?

Oh, and I won't be paying any attention to any chest beating or grandstanding by any soppy, bleeding heart, "but it was just a mistake" moralists....or from those that believe that because the woman is the "nurturer" she should be granted the bulk of the marital assets, the home and custody of the children, even though she was so morally bankrupt and emotionally corrupt as to abandon her children and husband for sexual entertainment outside her marriage. Why not express her...whatever...and exit the marriage honorably. And it IS about honor, isn't it? And what about a husband's abandonment of his obligations and commitments when he gets caught having committed adultery?

Yes, for a change, let's take an honest (and as unbiased and unprejudiced as possible) look at what we've done to each other that now makes marriage one of the worst propositions going. And please, let's consider both the male and the female victims' responses in some proportion approaching the realities we see in the courts.

Are you up to that challenge Poindexter? We anonnys will remain anonymous for the same reasons we are now anonymous....and we and the "troglodytes" await you!

Oh....brevity?....Irony!

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 8 years ago
A Victimized Woman Can Kill Her Attacker

This may enrage lawyers and jurists, but a woman who has narrowly missed being killed by her attacker and further threatened by said attacker, would get my 'Not Guilty' vote as a member of the jury. Great story with a very unexpected twist at the end.

IMSmutIMSmutover 8 years ago
A minor inconsistency.

You don't really explain how the isolated housewife got the gun.

I assume it was hubbie's but there isn't really any foreshadowing towards it.

Nice read otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@IMSlut

Maybe you you should re-read the story. It was stated the gun and the ammo was in his desk drawer.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 8 years ago
Wouldn't normally approve

murder. In this case though, the miserable bastard got his just desserts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WTF

A "victimized" woman can kill her abusive husband but a woman can abuse her husband and if he kills her he is the bad guy? Sorry burn the bitches. A woman that abuses her husband by cheating on him and he kills her gets my not guilty vote.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
interesting she can kill him, but he cant kill her

1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

VOTE 1* FOR EVERY STORY RATED BY THAT TRANNY BITCH FOOL VASTIESMITH2 AKA BONNIETAYLOR2 AKA ANON!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Sounds Cucky

Says a lot about you. Guess you're OK with women killers but not men. Sounds a lot cucky to me.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 8 years ago
Dear annony it sounds more like you and your wife!!

Before she left your sorry ass for much better men! I gave this a 5 because it reminded me of you!!!

JonasMacJonasMacalmost 8 years ago

This isn't burn the bitch, this is wife fucks around on abusive husband and has him killed.

BTB isn't about a husband looking for a reason to abuse his wife, it's about a husband that's devoted to his wife only to have that devotion thrown back at him. Then, instead of allowing himself to be cuckolded he unleashes hell making the unfaithful wife realize the errors of her ways. I will agree that I don't care for the BTB that has the wife killed, that's distasteful, but who doesn't love a good story of revenge?

With that said, even though the concept of BTB is skewed in this, it was a good read and a different perspective. 4 stars.

Super_Slut_69Super_Slut_69almost 8 years ago
Thank God there is a Hell.

There is a Hell for women like this. Did she really try to fix things? I doubt it. She is really unrepentant, she will pretend she is sorry but without repentance there is not redemption and she will stand before the Bone White Throne of Justice probably next to the man she murdered. Perhaps they will be happy then.

PS If you don't know what I am referring to, please read the last book of the new testament.

imhaplessimhaplessover 7 years ago
She burned the bastard ("BTB")

which is exactly what he deserved! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Story

The bastard had it coming, as far as I could tell.

Cheating is one thing, but beating on a woman is

a whole other thing, and just about the worst thing.

In a marriage it's probably the worst thing possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
If men & women dont...

respect each other & keep secrets, such events will happen even in millennia from now. & no insurance is paid in case of suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Mr annoy

Insurance companies do pay for suicide ,after 2-3 years after the polices are in effect. Now you know you are wrong .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
quite true

A very accurate description of a typical abusive relationship. I can't condone the murder, but understand the motive. A wife and mother of two was shot and killed by her abusive husband in a public parking lot in my city recently. She had a restraining order.

I'm a therapist who works with batterers. Our efforts to help them adopt healthy relationship behaviors is modest at best. Nothing works 100% of the time (Lane's Law), but the optimal solution for women like Mary is seeking help from domestic violence services agencies and the law. DV shelters are a far better solution than homicide.

gmann57gmann57over 6 years ago

Im happy she got away with it, This should be a wake up to all the abusive assholes out there , Seems to be getting worse

all the time. 5 stars well writen

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
SPOUSAL ABUSE CAN ONLY END 1 OR 2 WAYS

neither is profitable or ez, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
must have missed

Where she considered just leaving and getting divorce.

Read like she had supportive people around her if she hadasked for help.

While the years of mental and emotional abuse cannot be discounted, from what I read, she began planning his murder shortly after the first physical abuse.

A part of me believes rapists, pedophiles, and abusers should have all forms of physical hell visited upon them

I have read numerous accounts where wives left sought divorce only to be hunted down and killed.

His last attack would have been fatal if not for chance.

Part of me wonders if she put as much effort into escaping as she did his murder, she might have gotten away and not have to carry the guilt of cold blooded murder

xtchrxtchrabout 6 years ago
Solves The Problem!

This woman solved her problem with finality. I have no sympathy for anyone who abuses their supposedly loved one. The way the laws are, she could have went for a divorce and restraining order but that is only a sheet of paper...it will not stop an abuser. The laws are in his favor until he finally hurts her too bad to overcome. Sure she broke the law but she put a stop to the abuser and protected herself and her children.

I don't see how other comments are convinced that she was cheating on him, unless I missed it I didn't read anything that mentioned or even implied that she was cheating.

Thank you for a very thought provoking story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Was this really LW?

It was more like Non-erotic.I kept with it hoping it would reveal Mike's struggle to reform and allow him to appologise and reconcile. While I don't condone spousal abuse, that plotline would have provided much needed conflict to be overcome. That would have been some worth reading. But no it just plodded on, pedestrian and sadly predictable while seemingly taking unwarented swipes at anonymous commenters for being anonymous. It was just boring.

Poor effort. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Mistake.

I would never allow spousal abuse,,, BUT, the attitude on not liking BTB just because she made a ‘mistake’ is soooo naive. Reverse the mistake and the wife would crucify the husband without a thought

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good honest story

Not that believable in today's society but I liked it. Abusers don't stop abusing regardless of professional help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story..

...well done, a nice twist to the lw category. Loved the way she tricked him into writing the suicide note. If the cops investigated her computer and found the history of how to use a gun, it might have put a kink in her plans. Well done! Thanx! 5 stars

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
GREAT story- BTB at its feminine best!

Burn the BASTARD!!! Love how it all came together. This time the wife meted out the BTB punishment to an abuser who deserved it!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Couldn’t finish this one either

Again reads like it’s written by a disturbed woman

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Murder

You set out to.murder him from the beginning. There was no effort at rehabilitation, only supposed escalating abuse. Comparing abuse to accidental cheating is a cheap dodge. Oh, the evil man who would dump a wife over a "mistake" she made in cheating. The author's agenda here was clear from the start and the murder was inevitable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Typical feminist Bullshit

Women initiate at least half of domestic violence. All family law is grossly biased toward women, not just the divorce law.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Really well done

Well written and balanced. Good stuff!

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Fire when ready good for you Monday morning quarterbacks leave now

Glad she didnt wait for 3rd strike

Little drastic but fear and pain great incentives

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
terrible

sorry, this was a dirge

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Not sad.

If the writer was going for depressing. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not good

Someone killing themselves would not shoot from 6 inches away. They would place the gun against their head. The police can tell how far the gun was away from his head when it was fired. They can also determine the angle of fire. There would blood spatter which would end up on her clothing. The duration of time between her calling the police and the time of death would weigh against her. There would gunfire residue on her arm and upper clothing. The police would check there as well. The suicide note would be seen as bogus. Overall the storyline is not realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You may be good at breying at the storm, but..

not so much writing stories ! Mayhap change of a hobby is called for. 1* !!

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago
Hopeless

Not my cup of tea. Homicide is never justified in these circumstances.

Stupid story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
My stepdaughter was murdered by an angry former boyfriend

Dear Stormbreyer:

I am very glad you wrote and posted this story.

**It is a wake-up call**

I lost my beloved stepdaughter to an angry killing man. Actually, as her mother and i had divorced, she was my former stepdaughter, but I loved her as my daughter.

She was a psychology and criminology student and working for me as a part-time staff analyst for my firm.

My beloved stepdaughter was killed at age 23 living in an apartment in the university district. She was murdered by a possessive angry violent neighbour whom she had dated for a few weeks. When she stopped dating him, he told her "If i can't have you in my life, my life is not worth living". When she told me that on a mid-May afternoon I said "Get the heck out; that is a murder-suicide risk" She said "he is moving June 30th, I can be civil until then with him".

I sensed that she was trying to help this guy; he had been under care of a mental health clinic and was supposed to be on meds after trying to throw his mother off her apartment balcony. Sometimes, though, one has to ignore the "help" mode when there is a risk of personal injury..

I do not knwo if he ever struck her; I sense he night have.

**When she told me of his implicit threat, I madean immediate link to a pst tragedy in my family. However, I did I foolishly, did not explain the reason for my comment"**. My Mom's best childhood friend, my honourary Aunt Sylvia, had lost her husband to cancer at an early age. Eventually, she remarried. Her new husband was an angry controlling man. Aunt Sylvia has=d calling my Mom collect about her worries. My Mom was on the verge of sending Aunt Sylvia a prepaid airline ticket to come to stay with us at our cottage when she found out that Aunt Sylvia was dead, killed by her abusive husband who then took his own life.

I was very worried about my step-daughter. . However , i thought situation had cleared by end of June.

On Friday, July 2, she was scheduled to work for me but asked for the day off; I said yes. She was in his apartment having breakfast when he suddenly took out a large knife from the sofa and cut her throat, stabbed her and then set fire to both of them with propellant. He blocked the door so that she could not leave

She died on the way to the hospital.

He survived the fire and was tried. He pleaded not guilty pleading "not criminally responsible". After a long trial, he was found guilty of second degree murder by the jury (it happened in Canada). he committed suicide in jail before he was sentenced.

There is much more to this story, but there are a few lessons:

.1. **Trust 6th sense**.If your 6th sense says a person is dangerous, let the professionals deal with that person; back away. My step-daughter indicated he hd problematic behaviourand I said "can you really help him'.

2..** If at risk, get out**. Forget clothing, ID, phone, anything else, Such items can be replaced or retrieved later. Just get out.

3. **Angry men escalate and eventually do terrible things**. I realize there are angry very possessive controlling men out there. If you are such a man with such tendencies, get help. If you are the woman, get out ..

4. **Therapy can help control anger**. A good friend who is a psychologist explained to me that there are effective anger management therapies than can help people be less angry, controlling and nasty. You know if you need help. Seek it out..

5.. **Never hurt a woman**. My stepdaughter was 105 pounds and 5'2". Her murderer was 5'10" and 175 lbs. He had the advanatage of surprise and strength and she ended up in a grave ..

Hoping this note can reinforce what is in this story of mary, the loving wife..

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story and I enjoyed. Too many women take abuse and some get killed by abusive husband or boyfriend

Ignore ones who think went too far.

Read. How many get injunction and ignored and killed.

Cops even in that category

jtwheels

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userstormbreyer@stormbreyer
192 Followers
It has been a while since I published a story. My apologies to readers who have been waiting for a resolution to the Sweet Ass series. My life went sideways for a while, then there was COVID, yada, yada, yada. Anyway, I decided to post some more content. As my followers kn...

SIMILAR Stories