The Makeup Artist Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kurtis wanted to keep Christina's hair curly and lush. He simply spritzed a bit of clear gloss on her tresses and fluffed them up a bit. Even though it was nearing 11pm, she was as stunning as she was first thing that morning.

Once we were done with Christina's look, Christina and Tonya spoke privately in the corner of the room. I thought I saw Tonya pull out a checkbook and carefully write on it. Ripping out the check, she stuck it inside of a white envelope she pulled out of her back pocket.

Once they completed their business, we all came together for a few hugs goodbye. Then Jasmin, Wanda and Kurtis hurried Christina off to the upstairs suites.

"Ok, Nikii," Tonya said. "I think you are officially done for the night. Here's your check." She handed me the white envelope she just had in her hand. Then her voice lowered to a whisper. "Along with a little bonus for your hard work." She smiled and winked.

Had my name had been passed around again? I was too exhausted to even comment.

She looked at me curiously, but because I didn't bite, her look softened. "So what's next for you, Nikii?" she asked.

"Actually I'd love to stay out here for a few days. But I'm going back home to Miami. What about you guys?"

"After Christina's done with the parties, we're leaving for L.A. We're all based out there. And her regular makeup artist will be there as well. But we're planning some events in the next few weeks. Can I call you if we can make some space for you?"

"Sure," I said as I scribbled down my contact info on the pen and paper that I always kept in my makeup case. "I'd love to help."

Tonya gave me her card. "And anytime you need a reference, just have people call me at this number. You've done a fantastic job and we'd love to work with you again!"

"Thanks again, Tonya! I really appreciate it," I said as we hugged. I couldn't hide my grin as I exited the room.

Just then, my cell phone chimed. "Hey, Nikii! Did you forget about me?" Krystal teased.

I laughed. "How could I? You've been my only Damsel in Distress this evening."

"I'd better be," she quipped. "Listen, are you interested in a job for tomorrow?"

Was I interested? "Sure!"

"Well, come and meet us back in the main styling room."

A few minutes later, we all met and I listened as Joi, Krystal and Karen explained Amerie's dilemma.

Joi spoke first. "Krystal was our last minute fill-in here at the VMAs. And Amerie really needs a makeup artist for tomorrow, but Krystal can't do it."

Krystal chimed in. "I have to be on a plane first thing in the morning, headed for Japan."

Damn. Japan?

Krystal continued. "I'm going on a promotional tour with Janet Jackson. I should be on a plane right now, but I really wanted to help Amerie out for tonight. But since I've got to leave early in the morning, I can't stay tomorrow to help her out."

Krystal thought for a moment. "You're actually the perfect choice to replace me. I called my friend Gayle at Essence and she heard great things about you from Rose Grandon and Constance Sharpe. They really vouched for your talent. Also, the pictures of your work that I saw? It really speaks for itself." She smiled.

I smiled back. I really liked hearing her say such sweet things about me. For us to have only met tonight, she really affected me.

Karen finally spoke. "And you really came through for us today in a pinch. That says a lot about you."

"So...are you interested, Nikii?" Krystal asked, looking directly at me.

She really shouldn't play with me like that.

We all spoke for a few minutes about the next day's schedule and confirmed my fee. I was doubly surprised when Amerie offered me a substantial bonus for filling in on such short notice.

Satisfied with the terms, I agreed. Surprisingly, I was given a short stack of forms to fill out right then and there. I had to smile. Amerie and her staff were real professionals.

"We need to meet in my suite tomorrow morning at 6am sharp," Joi said. "Amerie has a busy day ahead."

"I need to get some sleep then," I said.

"We'll book you a room, Nikii," Karen said. She thought for a moment. "Actually, just take Krystal's room. I'll arrange everything with the front desk. You two can bunk together tonight, and Krystal, you'll leave in the morning. Nikii, you'll just stay there and check out Tuesday morning when we all leave."

"Thanks! That sounds great. Very generous," I said.

"Let me show you to your room, at least," Krystal said. I shook everyone's hands and wished them goodnight as Krystal and I headed for the elevators.

Krystal and I first headed back to the room that I shared with Jasmin. I packed up my clothes and equipment, and Krystal helped me carry my luggage back to our room. I sent a quick text to Jasmin to inform her of my changed accommodations, to wish her a safe flight and that I'd talk to her later.

Once I was settled into Krystal's room, I took a seat in the plush chair right next to the bed.

"Now, let's really relax," Krystal said as she pulled a brown paper bag out of her suitcase. "Voila!" she exclaimed. She held a tall bottle of Tequila Rose liquor. I grinned. The pink elixir was one of my favorite drinks.

"Ice?" she offered.

"Yes, my Damsel," I joked as she poured the drinks.

"Here's to a successful day," she said as we clinked glasses.

"And here's to a new friendship," I added, giddy with excitement and arousal at this lovely woman.

Suddenly she stood up. "Wait. I'm all icky. Let me go change." She dashed into the bathroom.

As I sat there, I reflected on my fantastic day.

Here I was, hanging out in a luxurious suite, in one of the hottest spots on earth, with a pocket full of money, sharing drinks with a beautiful woman.

And that the incredibly attractive Amerie wanted me in less than six hours?

And that I'd met my gorgeous sorority sister, Saadia, and the stunning Nicole Scherzinger?

Just then, Krystal came back into the room, clad in only a hot pink silk robe. She slid onto the bed and motioned me over. As we got comfortable, she leaned her head on my shoulder.

Suddenly I felt her tense up and she sighed heavily. "Nikii? I have a confession to make."

"What is it?"

She paused. "Nikii? About earlier? I really didn't need an eyeliner pencil. I had, like, five of them in my case. I always carry extra black eyeliner pencils."

I turned and looked at her.

She continued. "I'd seen you earlier and I really wanted to meet you. And I figured that if you helped me out, that you were not only cute, but also compassionate. And helpful. And that you were the real deal."

Wow. "So, I passed the test?"

"With flying colors."

I grinned. "You're sly as hell. I like that."

"You're not mad?" she asked incredulously.

"Not at all. I'd seen you too. But now you owe me one. A big one. And I will collect!"

She grinned as she relaxed against me. "So," she said after taking a sip of the potent liquor. "Tell me all about yourself. And don't leave anything out. I want to know everything about you..."

I had to smile. From the very beginning, it seemed as though Lady Luck was definitely on my side.

Life was definitely good.

Definitely.