The Makeup Artist Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hello?"

"Nikii!"

I sat up, excited. "Hey Sam! How are you, hon?"

"I'm good. You're back in town?"

I paused. "Yes. I just snagged a job with Alicia Keys!"

Silence. Then: "Are you serious? Oh my God! That's great."

"Yeah, thanks."

"Well, when you get a chance, come see me. How long are you in town? You need a place to stay?"

I laughed. "No, I'm good. But, unfortunately, I'm leaving tomorrow night. Sorry."

"Well come by if you can. I know how your schedule is, so I won't trip. But come see me if you can, ok?

"Ok," I yawned. "I'm going to get some sleep now. We have an early day tomorrow. I just wanted to check in."

"Well, I'm at the desk, so I gotta go too. Call me. Love you!"

"Love you too." I smiled as I hung up and sank back into the pillows. Those words never sounded so good.

~~~

My alarm clock went off at 4:30am. Cutting it off, I basked in the warm sunlight streaming into my suite. However, still a bit groggy, I suddenly realized that Alicia hadn't called me last night. However, the small consolation was that I was still a part of her styling team. Plus, I was making an outrageous fee, so I really couldn't be disappointed. Maybe I'd have my chance another time.

I called Room Service for a quick meal of croissants and a fresh fruit platter. While waiting for it to arrive, I jumped in the shower. Lathering my soft, brown skin with a coconut body wash, I swished and swirled the thick, fragrant suds all over my wet, naked body.

After I finished and dried off, I padded around the room nude, going straight to my luggage. Thankfully, before the flight, I had a chance to run back to my condo and quickly pack a couple of bags.

I opened my garment bag and the perfect outfit was in front.

I first took out the simple pair of tight jeans, a white top and a pair of black ballet slippers. However, needing to look a bit more professional, I also chose a fitted, maroon corduroy jacket.

Before I dressed, I went back into the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. I first pulled my jet-black hair, which was rapidly growing past my shoulders, into a cute ponytail. I brushed the ponytail out and curled the long strands into several large spirals. I went light with my makeup, only using a sable brown eyeshadow, jet-black mascara and a soft brown lipgloss.

After I dressed, I went back into the main room and double-checked my makeup case to make sure I had all of my equipment. I also checked my style notes from our meeting on the plane.

Then there was a knock on the door. My food arrived and I ate quickly. It was almost 5:30am and I knew it would be time to leave soon.

As if on queue, the hotel phone rang. I quickly answered it.

"Hello?"

"Nikii? Hi. It's Robin. How are you?"

"Fine, thanks."

"We're meeting downstairs in the lobby just before six. Are you almost ready?"

"I sure am. I'll meet you down there. Thanks!" A few minutes later, I grabbed my handbag and my makeup case and made my way downstairs. I was pleased to see that I was the first one there. As everyone else trickled down, we all mused about being a bit tired.

When Alicia came down, we all perked up and were ready to go.

She wore a cute, powder blue velour hoodie, the hood pulled up over her head, and dark sunglasses. She also wore a pair of low-rise cargo pants. I grinned at the flash of her slender tummy that peeked from over the fitted khaki material. When she thought no one was looking, she winked at me. I winked back.

Promptly at 6am, the cars came to the curb and we all filed outside.

Señora Torres, Kayla and I loaded into a white cargo van on the way to the Ebony shoot. Shannon, Robin and Vance rode with us too. Alicia and Troy rode ahead of us in a jet-black Town Car.

While in the car, Señora Torres told me that she'd allow me to do Alicia's makeup for the day, but that she'd be right there to supervise. The fact that she trusted me that much made me ecstatic.

We were shooting the Ebony cover at the Hiro Lounge nightclub in the basement of Manhattan's Maritime Hotel. After a short time, we arrived at the hotel and then immediately started getting Alicia ready. She was due to start shooting by 8am.

Alicia's first look was a racy, leopard print halter dress. The deep v-neck showed off her light brown cleavage. As Shannon was making the final alterations on the dress, Vance and I worked on her hair and makeup. Vance first styled her hair in large, bouncy spiral curls. Then he gently brushed the crown back and secured it with a gold hairclip, letting the back flow freely. I used browns and golds on her eyes and a cute reddish-gold lipstick.

When she was ready, she let the photographer snap the photos while she posed like a pro. As always, I also snapped my own pictures for my business portfolio.

Her second look was a black, see-through shirtdress. Black fishnet stockings decorated her shapely legs. Vance released her hairclip and left her curly hair to swing freely. I used more silvery eyeshadow and changed her lipcolor to a brick red. While we were styling her, she was on her cell phone conducting two more interviews. I was amazed at her ability to focus on two important things at the same time.

Once she was ready, she went back in front of the camera. Again she adopted perfect poses and came away with tens of usable frames. I was amazed at her versatility and secretly admired her ability to become a chameleon in front of the camera.

For the finale, Alicia was dressed in vintage scarlet red gown. A beaded band just below the bodice of the dress cinched her tiny waist. Vance combed out her curls until they became flowy, cascading waves. I added a rosy eyeshadow to her almond-shaped eyes, along with a touch of glittery silver shadow on the inside corner of her eyes for a sexy accent. I used a rich coral blush and matching lipcolor to complement the dramatic dress.

The photographer was again pleased with her performance as he directed her though the final round of shots. We all stood there enchanted by her natural beauty.

All too soon, however, the photo shoot was over. Because our team was so efficient, we finished the shoot at 1pm, giving us two hours before Alicia's autograph signing.

We thanked the Ebony staff, hugging everyone goodbye. They promised to email us the proofs of the shoot as soon as possible. Then Alicia and the rest of us went back up to the lobby of the hotel and waited for our cars.

"Ok Alicia," Troy said. "Your car's on its way. We can go back to the hotel, and you can chill out and have lunch before we get you ready for the afternoon events."

"You all go on back to the hotel, Troy," she said. "I want to ride around the city for a bit. By myself. Just to relax and unwind. I promise I'll be back before 2."

When the cars arrived, the entire team started to pile into the cargo van. As I was getting in, Alicia grabbed my wrist. "But not you, Nikii. I want you to come with me."

Again, I felt the eyes of everyone on me as her driver helped us into her Town Car. As soon as she got in, Alicia hit a button, and the dark, glass partition rose, separating us from the driver. Then she hit the button for the intercom. "Carlos? Please wait until the cargo van pulls off, then drive us around Manhattan until I give you the word."

Once we were settled in, I happened to glance out the window as the cargo van pulled out into the street in front of us. As it passed by, I swore I saw Shannon in the window glaring at us. She had an evil grimace on her face as they passed by.

I knew she couldn't really see us through the Town Car's dark windows, but I couldn't help but grin at her discomfort. Take that, bitch.

Thankfully, Alicia saw her too. "Don't worry about Shannon, honey. Now she's a great stylist but as far as her lovemaking skills? I had her two or three times, but I haven't indulged since. Quite frankly, she wasn't that good." Then she grasped my chin in her soft hand. "You, on the other hand, are fantastic."

As severe as that sounded, I was secretly elated. But then I thought for a moment. "Wait. Two or three times?"

She blushed. "Well, I had to make sure, didn't I?" Then she started laughing and we dissolved into giggles.

Then we chatted for a little while as we drove around the city. Since we'd both spent considerable time in New York, we showed each other our favorite spots.

After a short time, however, she began to get antsy. "But for real, Nikii. We don't have much time. So please?" she said as she sat back in the plush seat and unbuttoned her pants.

Suddenly desperate for more of her sweet juices, I knelt before her. I grabbed her pants and panties and in one fell swoop, yanked them off.

I looked up and winked at her right before I buried my head deep into her sugary sweetness.

"Oh fuck!" she exclaimed as my tongue went straight to her clit. She jumped as though an electric shock ran through her. She moaned, and her ass bounced and wiggled all over the leather cushion. "Damn it, Nikii! That feels so good, honey!"

My tongue strokes increased until I was furiously laving her sweet pussy. Her juices were even sweeter than the day before and I loved every drop. I grabbed her hips, pulled her even closer and licked even harder.

Teasing her, I wouldn't allow her to climax right away. I alternated slow and fast strokes, so I could keep her right on the edge. In her excitement, she grabbed my head and tried to make me move faster, but I resisted. As I licked and sucked, she grew more and more impatient.

"Come on," she moaned. "Hurry up!"

I refused and slowed down my licks in defiance. She groaned loudly and I snickered. I kept up the sweet torment until I knew she was about to go mad.

I spread her legs even wider and took long licks, from the bottom to the top. I even teased the dark rosebud underneath. Finally, I inserted a finger and pumped swiftly, searching for her G-spot.

She cried out and humped even harder against my face. "More, Nikii! More! Don't stop! I'm almost there! Don't stop!"

I pumped my finger faster and swirled my tongue harder against her clit. Then she started shaking. Gently at first but soon she began to tremble violently. "Ohhhhh!"

I took a second finger and slid it deftly into her pussy. I rotated my wrist as I wiggled her clit with my tongue.

That was all it took.

"Nikii!" she screamed. "Oh God, I'm cumming!"

Her sweet liquid flowed copiously into my mouth until she fell limp. As she calmed down, I rose from my knees and sat next to her.

She rested her head on my shoulder. "You are fantastic. Damn!" She caressed my thigh. "Now things are going to be extremely hectic later. So let me say goodbye to you now."

She tilted her head up and kissed me on my neck. I shivered as her lips gently nipped and nibbled at my still-heated skin. Then she moved up and kissed me square on the lips. "Thank you, baby. For everything," she whispered.

I sighed, contented. "Anytime, sweetie. Anytime."

~~~

Once we got back to the hotel, Alicia conducted a few phone interviews with the local radio stations. All the while, we styled her for her autograph signing and the charity events.

Once finished, we shuttled her off to her afternoon events. When she was done, we rode back to the hotel. Because it was now 5pm, we immediately started getting her ready for her movie premiere.

We dressed her in a demure, cream-colored silk dress. The floor-length, fitted dress caressed her slender frame perfectly. Vance styled her hair into an elegant updo, and I used neutral makeup shades to allow her natural beauty to shine through.

As we worked, I smirked as I felt her hands secretly caress me. Every so often she'd rub my thigh or gently pinch me. Her touch sent tingles through me, and I struggled to keep my mind on the work at hand.

Once we were done, we all went downstairs and loaded into our cars. At 7pm sharp, we arrived at the premiere of Alicia's new film. As she worked the red carpet, I stood back behind the paparazzi, admiring her lean frame. I swore I saw her wink at me.

Just then, Troy came up to me. "Well, I guess you're done, Nikii. Alicia's going to the nightclubs right after this and Señora Torres is going to style her final look. So, actually, you're done for the night. What's next for you?"

"Thanks for everything, Troy" I said. "Actually, I'm going try and catch a late flight back to Miami. What about you guys?"

"We're flying out to Chicago. Alicia's got a full set of events scheduled for the weekend, and she's taping a segment for Oprah on Monday. I wish I could take you with us, but we're using her regular makeup artist. But I have an idea. Let's all keep in touch. There's definitely going to be a lot more promotion for the movie and the album. There'll even be a world tour at some point next year. Maybe we can make some room for you?"

I was speechless. The universe really loves me.

Troy handed me a small envelope. "At any rate, here's your check. And Alicia wanted me to give you a bonus." His eyebrow raised. "It's a huge one. You must really be something!" he laughed. "Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in your career. Oh, and you have copies of all the pictures, right?"

I nodded. I made sure that each of the photographers had my email address. They were all so nice that they agreed to email me the proofs at once. In fact, I'd already downloaded them to my iPhone while we were just in the van.

Troy gave me another hug. "Thanks again, Nikii!"

As I was leaving, I half-heartedly waved at Shannon, but we refused to say anything else to each other.

Robin and Vance cracked me up as they hugged me goodbye. I hoped I'd see them soon.

Before I headed to the airport, I said goodbye to Señora Torres and Kayla. Señora Torres handed me a small envelope. "Here's a bonus for being such a great assistant. You took very good care of Alicia."

I hugged her. "Thank you so much. Thanks for everything, Señora."

She whispered in my ear. "You're quite welcome. I hope to see you back in Miami, Chica. There's so much more I could teach you..."

All I could do was grin.

~~~

"Ladies and gentlemen. Flight 1502 to Miami, Florida will soon begin boarding for our first-class passengers..."

I sat in JFK airport absolutely amazed at the past twenty-four hours. I still couldn't believe that I got a chance to style the amazing Alicia Keys during an incredibly hectic day of promotion for her new album and movie.

Just then, my cell phone rang. It was a New York exchange, but I didn't recognize the number.

"Hello?"

"Hi there. I'm looking for Nikii Clarke?"

"This is she. How can I help you?"

"Good evening. This is Amanda Stewart. I'm looking for a makeup artist and I hear that you're one of the best."

I smiled at the soft, demure voice. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Ms. Stewart. Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it. What services do you need?"

She explained that she needed a makeup artist for a photo shoot. I quickly explained my usual fee structure. I charged a set rate to do makeup for a standard one-hour photo shoot. However, the fees increased for more elaborate makeup, additional makeup changes, longer shoots and additional travel.

"I'm curious. What projects are you working on now?" she asked.

"If you have an email address, I can send you some pictures of the work that I did today. I'm in New York and I just styled Alicia Keys."

She gave me the info and while balancing the cell phone in one ear, I whipped out my laptop and typed a few keys. "Ok, Ms. Stewart. You should have those pictures, as well as a few others, shortly."

We talked for a minute more and then I heard her gasp. "Oh! I just got them. This is great makeup application. Wow! I'm impressed." Her voice rang sweetly in my ears. "I'm in New York too. What's your availability in the next day or so?"

We spoke for a minute longer as I answered her final questions.

"Well, Nikii, it was nice talking with you. I appreciate the consultation. Thank you so much for your help, and I look forward to speaking with you soon."

"I look forward to it, Ms. Stewart. Take care."

I hung up, pretty satisfied. It would be great to book another job before I left the city.

A few minutes later, my cell phone rang again. Still a New York exchange but a different number and still unfamiliar.

"Hello?"

A low, seductive female voice came on the line. "Hi. This is Malia. I'm a stylist for Kimora Lee Simmons. I'm calling for Nikii Clarke. How are you tonight?"

I was stunned. Kimora Lee Simmons? The clothing, jewelry and fragrance mogul? That Kimora? Damn. She was one of my absolute favorites.

"Hi, this is Nikii and I'm fine, Malia. Thank you for calling. How can I help you?"

"Mrs. Simmons has heard a lot about you, and she wanted to consult with you. She's looking for a makeup artist for an upcoming project, and we wanted to check your rates."

Malia quoted me a price that was nearly triple my normal rate. "Is that about how much you charge?" she asked.

Though I was tempted to take the extra amount, my conscience made me correct her. "No, Malia. That's more than my normal rate. Let me explain." I launched into the exact same fee structure I'd just explained to the caller before and made sure to cover the extra fees for additional services. After I finished talking, I was silent.

"Oh, I see," she said. "Well, thank you for clearing that up for me. I just have a few more questions." We chatted for a few more minutes as I made sure she had all the information she needed and that it was accurate.

"Well thank you so much, Ms. Clarke," Malia said. "I'll relay this information back to Mrs. Simmons. We'll definitely be in touch."

Hanging up, I was amazed. Two business calls in less than ten minutes? Things were definitely picking up.

About a minute later, my phone rang again. This was getting fun.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Nikii?"

"Yes?"

"This is Kimora Lee Simmons. My office called you a moment ago and got a quote for your rates?"

Kimora herself was on my phone? This was almost too much. "Yes. I spoke with Malia. Do you have any other questions? Did you get all the information you need?"

She paused for a moment. "You gave me plenty of information. As a matter of fact, you gave Amanda Stewart the exact same information."

Now I was confused.

She must have read my silence. "I was Amanda, honey. I was just testing you to see if you'd give two different rates to two very different people. And you passed. Congratulations," she laughed.

I sighed. Things kept getting better and better. "Ok," I laughed. "What happens now?"

"Well, I'd love to meet with you. You're in New York?"

"Yes. Actually, I'm at JFK Airport. I was just about to leave for Miami."

"Well don't leave just yet. Stay here in town. Let's meet tomorrow at my office at, say, 11am? I'll have Malia text you the address and the directions. Here's her number just in case." I copied down Malia's phone number on a pen and paper I'd dug out of my purse.

"Thanks so much Mrs. Simmons. I'll see you tomorrow at 11am."

"No, thank you, Nikii. I appreciate your honesty. I just hope your work is as good."

I chuckled. She had no idea.

My work would be good. In fact, my work would be flawless.

"Thanks again, Nikii," she said, bringing me out of my reverie. "Oh, and bring plenty of pics, ok? Ok. Ciao!"

Hanging up my phone, I hurried to the ticket counter. "I'd like to change my flight please. I'll be in New York for a few more days..."

Life was definitely good.

Definitely.

Stephanie Rose Productions © 2008. All rights reserved.