The New Wolf Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"HELP ME." A scream came from the front door. "PLEASE HELP ME."

David jumped up and Clara followed him. She grabbed his shirt off the floor while he pulled his pants on.

"PLEASE." The scream sounded again.

David swung open the bedroom door and walked out.

"Who are you?" He asked.

Clara was steps behind him. She thought the voice sounded familiar but couldn't place it.

"Clara is that you? Thank the moon goddess."

Suzy ran over and wrapped her arms around Clara. The woman started sobbing into Clara's shoulder. David looked at her with confusion. All Clara could do was bring her arms up and comfort her old friend.

"What happened?" Clara asked once Suzy's crying calmed down.

David handed Suzy a glass of water and she let go of Clara.

"Where are James and Marilyn? Did they make it here?" Suzy asked. "I need to see James."

"David can you stay with her a second?"

"Of course." David put the pieces together.

Clara ran into the bedroom and got dressed. When she came back out David was trying to get Suzy to sit down. Clara walked over and David went in the bedroom to go change.

"What happened? How did you get here?"

"It's terrible Clara, Lucas has only been the alpha for twenty-four hours and he's insane. I had to get out of there. Where is James? I need to see him."

Clara heard David on the phone in the other room. She sat on the couch and Suzy followed her lead. The poor girl's eyes were red with tears.

"He was pretty beat up. I haven't seen him yet, but he's here."

"In the house?" Suzy's eyes went wide.

"Sorry." Clara didn't mean to get her hopes up. "Somewhere on pack grounds. I'm not sure where exactly."

Clara thought she saw a look of relief flash on Suzy's face. David walked back in the room and started putting his shoes on.

"James and Marilyn don't have phones. I called the doctor, she said James is doing a lot better and she sent them home for the night. They're staying at Marilyn's old place. Why don't we all head over there?"

"I think that's a great idea."

Clara stood up. Suzy started to stand, but she only made it half way before collapsing. Clara grabbed her before she hit the floor.

"Call the doctor back," Clara said.

"No... no I'm fine," Suzy said. "Just a little shaken up. Please I need to see James."

Clara looked over at David. He had a creased forehead.

"I'll run over there and grab him."

Clara started to walk towards David, Suzy reached up and grabbed her arm.

"Don't leave me."

David walked over to Clara and gave her a quick kiss.

"I'll be right back," he said.

Clara watched him walk out. When the door shut she felt an ache of loneliness.

"I stole a van. It ran out of gas and I had to run the rest of the way. This was the first building I saw. I can't believe you were here."

"I'm sorry Suzy. Leaving must have been difficult for you."

Suzy's eyes went wide and she rose from the couch.

"Mindy. I forgot. Lucas attacked as we were leaving. He got Mindy. I left her at the van. She needs help Clara, she's hurt really bad."

Suzy started running towards the door. Clara chased after her.

"We should wait for David to get back," Clara said.

"She's dying. I have to save her."

Suzy pulled open the door and ran out into the night. Clara followed her outside. She had no clue where David was. The border was about half a mile from their house.

"Suzy stop," Clara yelled.

"I can't let her die Clara. We have to hurry. You can help me carry her back."

Suzy started running again. Clara didn't know who Mindy was, but Suzy was in a new place. The forest was confusing; she was lucky to have stumbled onto their house at all. Clara started running after Suzy. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and typed David a quick text.

Suzy's friend has injury. Call doctor, meet us by the border.

Clara pocketed the phone and picked up her speed, she was still trailing Suzy. It would be much faster to shift, but that meant losing her clothes when she shifted back and in this cold that wasn't an option.

"If anything happens to her I won't forgive myself," Suzy said in between breaths.

They ran down the hill. The road came into view soon and Clara spotted the van. Suzy started to run faster. The cold air burned Clara's lungs as she pushed forward. Suzy got to the van first. She swung open the back door and climbed inside. Clara slowed as she reached the van. She felt a vibration in her pocket and pulled out her phone. There were four missed calls from David and one text message.

IT'S A TRAP. DON'T FOLLOW HER.

Panic flooded Clara. She pocketed the phone and turned to run back. She made it about twenty feet before arms wrapped around her waist and hoisted her in the air. She let out a shrill scream.

"Miss me?" Lucas started dragging her back towards the van.

She struggled and screamed, but he was too strong. He threw her in the back and slammed the door. Clara sat up and tried to open it back up, but it was locked. They started moving and Clara continued her pounding and screaming on the back window. Two wolves appeared from the forest and Clara's heart broke. It was David and James; they were too late.