All Comments on 'The Pool Party: Thanking the Hosts'

by SLC-Ohio

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
GeorgepatGeorgepatalmost 19 years ago
I enjoyed it

Man, I wish I could be at a pool party like this one and see her naked and spread like that. Hot

Enjoyed your story

don87654don87654almost 19 years ago
Good, but could have been better

Most anyone, if they have a pool, can have a pool party and do all sorts of touchy-feely. Not too much erotic about this one.

SLC-OhioSLC-Ohioabout 18 years agoAuthor
author's note

I received some accurate criticism about this story that was sent from an anonymous reader. Folks, if you are going to criticise, at least leave a name so that I can respond.

So here's the bottom line. 'Pool party' was the first story accepted by Lit. However, it was taken from a much longer story, a story about my childhood, my leg brace and so on. That original story was rejected by Lit.

When it was rejected, I rewrote the original story, toned down the loss of virginity stuff, but the second story was also rejected by Lit.

I thought 'what the hell', the only way I am going to get a story published on Lit is if I give them the type of BS they want to read. So I saved the pool party scene, added the cock and cunt words, threw in a bunch of artificial sex scenes written to appeal to male readers...and presto...it was accepted.

Again, it was my first story. Did I sell out...compromise my standards regarding 'creative non fiction'?

I am admitting that I did.

SLC

lorencinolorencinoabout 15 years ago
An interesting start

It's unusual, which is good, but a little too catalogue-like in the sense that it is more a list of events rather than an integrated story. What I'd be very interested in seeing is the stories that were rejected. Any chance of accessing the stories that were rejected? You see, although I'm being somewhat critical, I am rather intrigued.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
fun

It was a fun quick romp. I liked it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous