The Powder

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nice legs, Melissa had to admit to herself. Almost as good as mine. It must be nice to always wear the most expensive hosiery. Melissa caught herself. Why am I being so catty? Do I dislike this woman THAT much? "I have to be professional," she corrected herself. After all I AM her agent.

Carolyn extracted herself from the vehicle and beamed a broad smile.

"Hello, Miss Hannover. I wasn't expecting to see you today."

"Oh yes! I accidentally left some important papers here at the house and decided to run home during lunch to grab them. And please, call me Carolyn."

Accidentally-left-some-papers, my fanny. You want to make sure I show this place to your satisfaction. Melissa forced an even bigger smile. "Okay, Carolyn it is. I'm glad to see you too. Our prospective buyer is a little late."

"Well then, let me make you some coffee while you wait."

"I'd like that."

Melissa allowed Carolyn to take the lead as they entered the front door. In passing, she noticed that Carolyn's perfume smelled very nice and she wore the cutest pearl earrings.

"I simply LOVE your shoes! You have to tell me where you got them," Carolyn remarked over her shoulder as she led Melissa to the kitchen.

"Why, thank you." Maybe she was a bit too judgmental on Carolyn. Gosh, had it gotten warmer INSIDE the house too? Melissa felt tiny beads of perspiration on her forehead. Her vision blurred slightly and she had to blink to correct it.

Melissa seated herself at the kitchen table. Carolyn was engaging her in idle chitchat as she prepared the coffee, but Melissa was gradually having a tougher time following. She felt a growing fuzziness and sense of detachment that seemed to originate from between her eyes.

Carolyn completed her chore with the coffee maker and walked past the kitchen table. She sat on a bar stool directly opposite Melissa. Melissa absently wondered why Carolyn hadn't taken the table seat across from her. After all, it was closer to the coffee maker, but Melissa just couldn't hold the thought.

Melissa wasn't aware that she had placed an elbow on the table and propped her head in her hand. Carolyn continued to speak, but Melissa could barely concentrate. She occasionally managed to slur out a "yeah" or "mmm hmm." Her blurred vision had been replaced by tunnel vision. She could only really see Carolyn. After an undetermined period of time, the upper half of Carolyn's body faded from Melissa's vision. Carolyn's legs were the only things that were clear. Those lovely, dreamy legs. Oh, they looked so nice in pantyhose. Her shoe. Was Carolyn dangling a shoe?

The tingling Melissa felt earlier in Carolyn's bedroom was back. But this time it wasn't in her hand. It was all across her lower body. Melissa would have thought it pleasant, but she was beyond the ability to process a thought like that.

Carolyn continued chatting about nothing in particular. Any outside person who was only listening would think that Carolyn was engaged in a perfectly normal conversation. They wouldn't be aware that Carolyn was studying Melissa very intently. Melissa's eyes were dilated and her speech was heavily slurred. Carolyn figured she could start reciting the Declaration of Independence or even sing in Japanese at this point and Melissa wouldn't react. "It won't be long now."

Carolyn talking to me... her legs... her nylons. "Why is everything going sideways?" was Melissa's last thought as her head fell from her hand and she slumped on the table.

5.

"Hey, Melissa, you've got to get going."

"What? Huh?"

"What the heck are you waiting on?"

Melissa opened her eyes. She was in a bed.

"Are you talking in your sleep? Get up! You don't want to be late for your interview do you? Four years of college and it would suck to blow the best job opportunity you've had."

Job opportunity? But I already have a j...Melissa rolled over. She was in the apartment she had shared in college with her friend Kelly. Kelly was standing beside the bed and had hold of Melissa's shoulder. But why is Kelly's hair so long? The last time...

"GET UP!"

"Okay, okay. I'm up." Melissa sat up and swung her legs over the side of the bed.

"This is the outfit you're going to wear, right?" Kelly was holding a hanger covered by a clear plastic dry-cleaning bag. Melissa could see a business outfit on the hanger as Kelly hung it on the closet door.

"Huh?"

"It's just about perfect. Look, I have to run to work. I'm going to do something and I insist you not get mad at me."

"Okay." Melissa blinked in confusion.

"Notice how the outfit I'm wearing is pretty much like yours?" Kelly did a quick twirl, displaying a skirt of similar style to the one on the closet door. The primary difference was that Kelly's was navy blue and Melissa's was tan. Kelly was also several inches shorter and had needed to get the skirt hemmed.

"Uh huh."

"Do you know what's different?"

"Uh, no?"

Melissa walked quickly out of the room, only to return moments later. She tossed a packet on the bed. "Look, it's time you invested in some quality hosiery. God may not care about that $2.49 pair from the grocery store that you wear to church, but the people at Burgess Real Estate want their agents to look professional."

"Oh, you're an expert on my prospective employer, eh?" Melissa tried to sound sarcastic, but her eyes were drawn to the packet.

"I'm expert enough to know they won't BE your employer if you don't impress them. I'm officially late. See ya later." Kelly stepped forward and kissed Melissa lightly on the forehead. Before pulling back, she whispered, "Now, don't forget to put my gift on those gorgeous legs of yours. And good luck!"

The combination of the kiss and the whisper were almost electric. Melissa inhaled involuntarily, taking in Kelly's perfume. Melissa sensed her own arousal. Kelly spun to leave and Melissa was almost eye-level with Kelly's ass. Though Kelly was a bit shorter than average, she usually had no problem turning heads. Melissa found herself staring at Kelly's behind and legs as she walked away.

When Kelly finally left her field of view, Melissa stared down at the gift. It was department store pantyhose. Yes, much more expensive than what she'd spend. Now Melissa found herself thinking this was the absolute perfect item for her outfit. How could she not see it before? Why had she even considered wearing the cheap stuff? Why had she EVER worn the cheap stuff? Melissa could feel her excitement build as she turned the package over in her hand. This would get her the job. It had to. She really, really wanted the job. Financial independence would be wonderful. Funny, the arousal she felt when Kelly kissed her was growing stronger. She closed her eyes as she fumbled with the package.

6.

".......m.....a......."

".....m.l..sa....."

"...melissa..."

"Melissa"

"MELISSA, are you awake? Are you okay, dear?"

Melissa bolted upright. She was wide-awake and instantly knew where she was. She was sitting on the leather couch in Carolyn's living room.

"Oh, but the client! How silly of me! I have to show the house!"

"Relax, dear, relax. He's not here yet. You passed out, but you were only down for a couple of minutes."

Melissa saw that Carolyn had pulled a chair beside the couch. Carolyn had a hand on Melissa's shoulder. In the other was a damp cloth.

"I don't know why I passed out. This has never happened." Melissa blurted her words rapidly. She was having trouble regaining control of her voice, but she felt strangely energized. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time she felt so good.

"I don't know either, dear. I was just debating calling an ambulance. Did you skip breakfast? Are you dehydrated?"

"No, no, I feel fine -- great actually. Please, no ambulance. I'm sure I'll be okay," replied Melissa, attempting to reassure herself. She was starting to feel embarrassed at the circumstances.

"One minute we were having a nice conversation and the next thing I know you slumped over and fell out of your chair."

"Oh, my!"

"I didn't want to leave you on the kitchen floor, so I picked you up and brought you in here."

Melissa noticed that Carolyn's blazer was off and her blouse looked a bit rumpled, "probably from carrying me," she thought.

"I'm so sorry for the trouble, Miss Hannover."

"No, dear, no trouble at all and it's 'Carolyn' remember? I'm just glad you're okay. Though I'm afraid you got a runner in your hose when you fell." Carolyn pointed towards Melissa's feet.

"Wha..." Melissa's legs were still up on the couch and her shoes had been removed. As she turned to look at her legs, she saw, at the top of her right big toe, a snag that had already run up just past her knee.

Melissa's eyes widened in shocked. Her heart pounded as if it were trying to beat its way out of her chest. The skin of her right leg, underneath the run, felt as if snakes were slithering up and down the flesh.

"SHIT! SHIT! OH DAMMIT!" They can't be like this! This isn't right. Melissa rapidly but gently placed her hands on either side of the run and began to push the nylon together, as if this would magically fix the run. "DAMN! DAMN!"

Why? Why? It's not supposed to be like this. Tears streamed down Melissa's face. Her heart beat even faster. The run wasn't disappearing and her hands trembled so badly she was actually pulling the fibers of the nylons apart as much as pushing them together.

7.

Carolyn's face was a portrait of wonder and astonishment. Any other person also watching Melissa at that moment would probably have a similar look, but Carolyn's reason was different. Carolyn wasn't confused at this "strange" behavior. Her reaction was more akin to the four-year old who runs down the stairs on Christmas morning to find a shiny red tricycle under the tree.

Getting from the kitchen to here had been easy. After Melissa slumped on the table, Carolyn had dragged her to the couch, laid her down on the soft leather cushions and removed her shoes. After placing the shoes on the floor, she placed a hand on Melissa's right foot and pinched a small bit of hose between her nails. A firm twist and pull created a run. She settled herself in a chair next to Melissa, placed a damp wash cloth on Melissa's head, forced a look of deep concern to her own face and began speaking Melissa's name.

8.

Melissa felt a pair of hands close around her own. Through her sobs, she realized that someone had been speaking to her. Melissa's head was bowed and eyes closed. She listened to the voice for the first time.

"Easy, now Melissa. It's going to be okay. I promise it will be alright." It was Carolyn. She was holding Melissa's hands and speaking softly. Here words were soothing. Melissa was still painfully aware of the crawling flesh on her right leg, but she managed to regain a small amount of her composure.

"Look at me Melissa, please." Melissa's eyes were closed. Slowly she raised her head. She turned towards Carolyn's voice. Here eyes were still closed and a tear leaked from the corner of a shut lid.

"It's okay, Melissa. I promise." Melissa guessed that from this angle, she wouldn't be able to see that horrible run.

Maybe she can help me.

Melissa opened her eyes. She saw Carolyn's face looking up at her. Carolyn was kneeling beside the couch. Though Melissa was determined not to look in the direction of her own legs, she could feel the warmth of Carolyn's hands around her own.

"There! That's much better! Oh, my dear Melissa. Everything is going to be fine."

Blue. God, her eyes are so blue. Face, so soft and pretty. Melissa's thoughts seemed to slow as Carolyn's soothing words washed over her.

"Alright, Melissa. Is it the run in your hose? Is that the problem?"

Ah, everything would be perfect except for that, Melissa thought. So nice having Carolyn here taking care of me. Melissa was unable to mouth those words and merely nodded instead.

"I have just the thing. Stay right there."

Before Melissa could even react, Carolyn stood and walked quickly out of the room.

Melissa immediately felt her heart begin to pound again. Her brief sense of security was slipping away. She closed her eyes and listened for Carolyn's voice.

9.

Carolyn breezed through the kitchen towards the laundry room. She could barely contain her emotions. The "giddy as a schoolgirl" cliché could not be more appropriate for how she felt. "This is WORKING! Okay, get a hold of yourself."

Passing the doorway, into the cramped space between the dryer and the wall, she paused only long enough to snatch up a shopping bag. In an instant, she had hurried back through the kitchen and into the living room.

Melissa was where Carolyn had left her. Her head was even still turned to the side where Carolyn had been kneeling, but the eyes had once again closed. Melissa's hands were no longer on her legs. Instead, they hovered and trembled a few inches above the run. Melissa had begun to sob again and her chest and head shook more violently with each intake of breath.

Carolyn paused. Was this pity that she began to feel? After all, here was a strong, independent woman reduced to a state of utter helplessness. It was almost pathetic. "But she's just one girl, remember? Just one subject in the experiment! This is more important than some silly notions like 'pity' and 'pathetic.' It'll all be worth it."

Carolyn beamed, "Alright! Open those eyes and wipe away those tears! The solution is here."

Carolyn sat in the chair beside Melissa and lifted the shopping bag onto Melissa's lap. Melissa opened her eyes and looked at Carolyn.

"My cousin works for a clothing importer. Every few weeks we meet for lunch and she brings me a bag of free stuff. I expect you and I wear the same size in hose. I want you to take your pick here, as many as you like." One of Carolyn's hands rested gently but firmly on Melissa's shoulder. She squeezed, "Gosh, take all of them if you want!"

Melissa peered into the bag to see several packages of hosiery similar to the ones she had seen in Carolyn's drawer. Instantly her spirits lifted.

"Oh, Mu-m-Miss Hannover, I just couldn't take these," Melissa stammered, although she was already digging into the bag.

"It's Carolyn, remember? And don't be silly. They didn't cost a thing and they'll look and feel wonderful on you. Trust me!"

Images of putting on the hose flashed in Melissa's mind. Carolyn's voice caressed her. In particular, the phrase "look and feel wonderful" sent a shiver down Melissa's spine.

Carolyn stood. "I have to get back to work now, but I seriously want you to enjoy those. Please give me a call on my cell phone if you start to feel faint again. I'll call you soon to see how you're doing."

Melissa's hands were still buried in the bag. It was almost as if she were trying to touch each package at once. The thought of Carolyn leaving made her both excited and troubled at once. She immediately began to think about what she would do when she had the place to herself. But Carolyn had been so wonderfully comforting and maybe, just maybe, she'd help Melissa change her...

"Bye, Melissa." Carolyn was already halfway across the room to the door.

"G-g-good bye!"

Upon hearing the front door close, Melissa swung her legs off the couch and rotated herself to stand up, carefully clutching to her chest the bag of precious cargo. Before she could rise, Melissa's eyes were drawn again to the horrible snag. Feelings of revulsion suddenly returned; the excitement of the shopping bag was temporarily forgotten.

Melissa heart began to race even faster and she was as breathless as if she had just run a long sprint. She let the shopping bag fall to the floor, as she simultaneously kicked off her shoes and reached behind her for the zipper on her skirt. Each of her ragged exhales was punctuated with a cry or a whimper. Panic took on an almost physical presence in her chest and lungs because she just couldn't get her darned fumbling fingers to move fast enough.

Finally, the button and zipper yielded and Melissa wasted no time in pulling her skirt down to her ankles. In one fluid motion, her hands slid back up her legs, grabbed hold of the nylon waistband of her ruined nylons and yanked them down toward her feet. Before her hands even got all the way to her ankles, she sat on the couch in time to raise her feet, enabling her to remove the offending clothing completely. With an angry grunt, she flung them. They hit Carolyn's television with a soft "thump" and tumbled to the floor.

Melissa stared forward briefly as her breathing slowed. Relief? Not completely, but she did sense that an emergency had passed. Though the crisis was over, she still had something else to do. Oh yes!!! The shopping bag! She had no time to think that she might look silly or awkward in someone else's house wearing nothing but her blazer top and a pair of panties. She eagerly dumped the contents of the bag onto the rug.

Melissa squatted in front of the packages, letting her knees come to rest on the floor. Her breathing was still deep and rapid but excitement had replaced the panic. Her hands swirled the packages as a child would swirl a deck of playing cards. Her mind raced at the possibilities, "so many colors, so many styles and so many textures. ALL of it glorious nylons and all of them for me!!!"

What to wear? What to chose? "I supposed it should be something to go with my outfit," thought Melissa. Any other time that thought would be a sensible one, but it produced a strange response in Melissa. She was annoyed with herself. "Hmmph!! All these beautiful hose to choose from. The MOST important thing I wear. Why let my OTHER clothes dictate what I wear? It should be the other way around!"

The fact that she obviously had no other clothes here seemed very unimportant. Melissa quickly stood and began to unbutton her top. She dropped the blazer on the chair beside the couch. Within seconds her bra and panties joined the blazer.

Now Melissa stood naked. Melissa Adair, successful real estate agent, stood stark naked and alone in a client's house. She paused only for a moment to consider it. The only thing that surprised her was that she wasn't surprised. She wasn't going to waste any time contemplating the right or wrong of what she was doing. She kneeled again in front of the packages.

10.

"Yes!!!" Carolyn couldn't even whisper. She had said it aloud.

Carolyn sat in her car, staring down at the small viewing screen. She hadn't even bothered to leave her own driveway. She let out a sigh of relief. The product appeared to have the anticipated effect on humans as well. Her initial lab results showed that the animal subjects became totally engrossed with any object they touched that had been infused with the powder -- hats, basketballs, stuffed animals, oranges, whatever. The item didn't seem to make any difference. Once the engrossment started, it seemed to turn into an infatuation with that object and all types of objects identical or very similar to the original. Carolyn dubbed the treated objects and identical types as the "focus category item."

Getting to this point with a human subject had not been easy. The hefty sum of money she paid to Carlton and Associates Security was worth every penny. She was familiar with the company based on some security consulting work they did for Walker Chemical. Carlton and Associates, or "C and A," were extremely competent and very discreet. Devan Baxter, who managed her account there, did not even act curious regarding the actions Carolyn requested. She first wanted to find a young, unattached female real estate agent who didn't have any strange infatuations or otherwise odd behavior. Devan's research and surveillance provided her with several options and Melissa was Carolyn's choice. Melissa seemed almost boringly normal, dated three or four times a month, had sex occasionally, but she clearly hadn't found her "Mr. Right."