All Comments on 'The Present'

by elrayo41

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 10 years ago
Odd, but sweet (in an odd way!)

Not sure I see the rationale for lying about the foreman being unknown, but if I grant THAT, then I don't see the rationale for admitting it after all!

An adult woman can't get over an unrequited lust for a teen crush (or maybe it was NOT getting the HC Queen title?) This may be a wonderful one-off, but I don't think I would want any more than a week-end with her! (maybe a 3-day week-end?)

rjordanrjordanabout 10 years ago
Not much of a coherent story

...but extra points for the shotgun house reference. Actually, one extra point, because what you described was not a shotgun house. It was a railroad house. Shotgun's don't have any hall at all. The rooms are in a line like you say, but they are connected by doors not a common hallway. You typically walk into the living room at the front and to get to the kitchen at the back, you have to walk straight down the middle of a bedroom or two.

Railroad houses have a common hallway on one side that connects the rooms and the doors open onto that hallway like compartments on a Pullman car.

No criticism of the sex in the story. It seemed to follow established conventions.

Carry on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Ya didn't finish!

I liked the story line but you didn't finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
IT'S OVER?

When can we expect the rest of the story?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous