All Comments on 'The PTA Queen Bee & The Teen Rebel 02'

by RetroFan

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
Unknown81Unknown81almost 6 years ago
Um, Allison, you're partially correct....

Yes, Allison, you ARE correct in that your husband HAS lost interest in you, but you're wrong as to why. Just wait until the day of the Kentucky Derby and see how your husband reacts, that's all I'll say (the Triple Crown must be like the holidays to him). And, following up from that, follow him to the nearby Belmont Stakes (the final race of the Triple Crown; I'm sure Dennis could afford that) and observe him there (really, his horse obsession reminds me of the scene in Airplane where the captain's wife is revealed to be cheating on him--with a horse; he's a (implied) pedophile who likes gladiator movies)...

Can't wait to imagine what her reaction would be to THAT...

Good story, though...

It'd be funny to have a story where Jenna is the only sane woman in her family...

RetroFanRetroFanalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the Positive Feedback

Thanks for your positive comments on my story. It didn't seem to be rating too well, but I'm glad you liked and it did get some favorites so that is pleasing.

Writing about the weird guys in this story, such as Dennis, Mike and Todd was just as much fun as writing about the women, and I also had fun with younger brother Andy satirizing the misguided notion that was common when this story is set that psychopaths could be taught empathy, and the disastrous consequences of this (more efficient psychopaths).

With 30 years now having passed since this story, this is what I think the main characters are up to now:

Allison like many people who had spouses who worked at the WTC was widowed on September 11 2001, but in her case Dennis failed to arrive at work that day, and was inexplicably found dead of a stroke in the field of a horse stud some distance from their Long Island home. Allison lives in a retirement village where she is the autocratic president of the residents committee and always checks out attractive young women who pass by. Her four kids are now middle aged, married with kids of their own and very successful. Eldest daughter Courtney runs the real estate business in Pine Tree Park.

Carol O'Dea is also widowed. Mike suffered a fatal heart attack in 1996 when he and his adulterous cousin Leanne were getting it off in the bathroom of a ferry, Leanne's infidelity again never discovered. Carol's eldest son Todd lives with her, Todd now largely housebound at over 500 pounds. Carol is as stressed as ever by Todd.

Jenna became a successful heavy metal artist and is openly lesbian, married to her long-term partner with whom she has three kids. Of Jenna and Todd's younger siblings Chris has been bankrupt from failed business ventures four times, Libby lives in a trailer park, Polly is editor-in-chief of a gossip magazine and youngest sons Andy and Justin are serving long prison sentences, Andy imprisoned for life for murder and hate crimes and Justin getting a severe sentence for serious corporate crimes.

Of the minor characters Shelley and Kurt are married and have three kids now adults, while Nicole and Matthew lasted just six weeks in their new house before moving out in horror. The events while living there took Nicole especially a long time to recover from, and with the strain on their marriage too much they were divorced by 1990. Pretty Nicole has since remarried a hunky PE teacher and they have two kids now adults, while Matthew never remarried, lives alone and comes home to an empty apartment to eat pasta for one and mope over his ex wife's photographs.

Unknown81Unknown81almost 5 years ago
This quote....

"One of Todd's biggest sources of pride about himself was his ability to blend into the background and seem like he was invisible, this assisting him in his favorite pastime of bullying. Todd was mistaken in this belief. At over 300 pounds he stood out like a kangaroo hopping down Fifth Avenue, a water buffalo in Bloomingdale's or a Tyrannosaurus Rex roaming around Central Park. The real reason Todd's presence seemingly attracted so little attention was that adults, teenagers and children all noticed Todd, but all preferred to pretend that Todd didn't exist."

That quote made me LOL (Todd sounds like Chris Farley, only without the charm)...

RetroFanRetroFanalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Todd was one of my favorite characters to write about

Hi Unknown 81 - I'm really pleased that you find Todd so funny, because I had so much fun writing about him and his antics in both stories, as much fun as writing about Jenna, Allison and Allison's peculiar husband Dennis.

From offending African-Americans without meaning to, teasing his twin sister Jenna about her periods despite this always resulting in her punching him, being too stupid to pass his driver's test, bullying other kids (including special needs children) which always backfires on him, hiding in the girls' toilets to escape a college student he pissed off, antagonizing his psychotic younger brother Andy, taking 15 minutes to realize that being compared to the Hindenburg is an insult about him being fat, shoving chips into the face of a sick girl who is holding a bucket in case she vomits, thinking Captain Cook is the Australian Prime Minister, making a total glutton of himself and thinking about himself in the third person, no wonder most people prefer to pretend Todd doesn't exist.

Unknown81Unknown81almost 5 years ago

It's how you write it that makes it funny, IMO...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous