The Reporter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Erin just looked at me, "Jennifer, when you have lived as long as I have you learn to play the percentages. If you had said no the card would have been shredded, the ticked canceled and you would have been none the wiser." She gestured towards the side of her desk, "I broke into your apartment last night and packed you a bag." Before I could express outrage at this latest bit of news she continued, "Jen, she is my only daughter. Sara is my whole life. But I must be sure, please understand I have to protect my baby."

All I could think to say was, "I won't fail you or Sara."

She stood and walked around to the front of the desk, "I know it is old fashioned," she said as she picked up a knife. "But I want you to swear a blood oath that you will remain dressed morning, noon, and night." She walked over and cut her palm and then grabbing my hand cut my palm also. Grasping my bleeding hand in hers she said, "Swear it Jennifer," Her words coming out as a command instead of a request.

I had expected pain but I guess the wine had numbed me. Gripping her bleeding hand tightly I said, "I swear by whatever God there may be that I will remain dressed while seeking the information you need. Erin. I swear I will remain dressed morning, noon and night." I paused a moment still holding on even though she had released my hand, "Your turn Erin. Swear that you will allow Sara to join with me in any manner she wishes once I am back."

I could see the shock and a hint of anger in her eyes. Instead of arguing she said simply, "I swear on my blood, that if you complete this task I set before you, and remained dressed the whole time. I will grant my blessing for any union you and Sara wish."

"Thank you," I said looking at her as I let go of her hand. I looked down at my palm and noticed that though there was blood in it, the wound was healed. Only a thin pink line remained of it. When I looked up I was going to ask how but decided it was part of her being immortal.

Handing me a tissue to wipe the blood off she simply said, "Time for you to get dressed. My car will take you to the airport," before leaving.


Chapter 7

I looked at the pile of clothing lying over the bag and shuddered in fear. "I can do this" I said over and over as I edged forward. I was hoping that I would have only to deal with a simple loose dress and sandals. But looking at the pile I saw that wish pop like a soap bubble. Erin had laid out bra, panties, hose, and a long sleeved pant suit with jacket. Closing my eyes, I picked up the bra and put it on. With my eyes closed I didn't have the vision of seeing the items reach for me, but it did make it harder to dress.

I eventually did finish dressing. It felt as if my body was covered in spiders crawling over me. There was only one thing that kept me from ripping them back off and that was the vision of Sara waiting for me. I had expected the feeling to fade but it never did. I did not know if I could fulfill Erin's task and finding the woman she sent me to search for but I would die trying. Hell, it felt as if I were dying already, I could not stop hyperventilating and shivering.

The door opened and Erin walked in followed by Sara, "It's time" she said. I looked at Sara standing before me fully dressed, her eyes had a wild look and she was panting like a dog on a hot summer's day.

I reached out and stroked her face, "Are you ok love?" I asked. She threw herself into my arms and sob in abject misery.

"I can't do this," she said her words muffled against my neck.

Stroking her back I cooed, "I understand," and "It's OK." Hugging her once tightly I turned and picked up the laptop and suitcase before walking over to Erin, "I'm ready." Without a word she turned and headed towards the car. I looked back once and saw Sara standing in the middle of the room her arms wrapped around her tightly as she shook.

The drive to the airport was made in silence. There was nothing I could say, I knew that before the day was out that Sara would be undressed and lost to me. Even so I would remain dressed to prove my love, I was always taught that actions speak louder than words. When we arrived at the airport I reached into my pocket and handed Erin the cell phone, "I don't want to know." I knew if I had it, I would hear that she had stripped from her own lips and frankly didn't think I could take it.

Erin looked at the phone and then at me. She started to say something but stopped and instead nodded. Closing the car door, she said something to the driver and left me standing at the curb. The flight to Maine was uneventful other than the stewardess coming every few minutes asking if I was OK. I guess I had the wild eyed look. I finally answered and said, "I really hate flying." That seemed to shut her up. I tried to read the file that Erin had prepared but could not focus. All I could think about was Sara telling me she could not do it.

I won't go into detail here of the two weeks I spent in hell searching for the woman. The only thing I will say about the time spent in the northeast was the first night. Opening my suitcase, I found that Erin had left a note for me, "Wear this when you sleep at night." The note was attached to a red unitard with attached gloves and feet. I had hoped that at night when sleeping I would get relief from having to dress but by the look and feel of the unitard as I slipped it on, it was not to be.

The woman's name was Barbra M. Smith, or I should say one of the names she used. At least that was name the woman that Erin sent me to find. For an immortal she was not very good at covering her tracks. The trail lead all over the north east but I finally ran her to ground in Enosburg Falls, Vermont. She was living under the name of Barbie M. Smyth outside of town. It seemed she was quite the philanthropist and always giving funds to the colleges for research. Each night while sitting on the bed I would email Erin with what I had learned. I wanted to ask about Sara but didn't dare to.

Her emails in reply were always short but encouraging. She would say things like good and keep up the good work. But like me she never mentioned her daughter.

Once I had everything I could on the woman I emailed and asked if I should interview her. I was sure as a reporter I could get in to see her in regards to the donations she had made, especially the endowed chair for psychology she had just given to the University of Vermont. Erin's reply was cutting and short, "NO!!!"

I stayed in Vermont a few more days not to find more information Barbie, I already knew everything I could about her. No, I stayed because I was scared to go back. At least while I was far away I could pretend that Sara was still wearing clothing and we would have a chance at happiness. Each night I emailed, "No new information," to Erin.

I received a reply from Erin that was different from the short one or two word ones I had in the past. She wrote,

Jennifer,

Staying away will not help any. It is time you came back and deal with Sara and your fear. I know that you have been wearing clothing constantly, so there is nothing to worry about on that score. You have done exceptionally well, in both research and clothing.

Personally I did not think you would be able to do it. I had expected that you would have come back long ago, your tail between your legs. I am very proud of you Jen. No matter what else happens just remember you managed to impress me with your dedication.

Erin

'Damn it, she was right,' I thought to myself. I really hated when people would tell me to do what was best for me. But Erin was paying the bills and it was time to head back. Even though I had been wearing clothing morning, noon, and night, the phobia never left me. So with my skin crawling, I headed back. I had somehow expected a car to meet me but no, it was not to be. I ended up catching a cab back and reaching the house knocked on the door.

Sara answered the door dressed only in skin. She took one look at me, burst into tears and ran into the house. I stood there rooted to the spot. I knew she would be nude, but a small part of me still hoped that the fears were groundless. Erin walked up and wordlessly I handed her the lap top. Opening my purse, I dug out the gold card and handed it over. She looked at me, a look of sadness on her face, "I'm sorry Jen."

Looking past her I sighed, "So am I." Turning I walked down the front steps to where I had parked my car a life time ago. Half way there I heard the front door close; the sound of it was like a knife into my heart. I don't remember the drive home or anything else. The next thing I knew I was huddled in a corner of my darkened apartment, nude, and with a mostly empty bottle of Jack clutched in my hand.

The reporter in me forced me to my feet and across the room to the computer. I had a story to file. I wrote it all out, from the morning it started till now. I knew it was not the story that I had been sent to get but it was the best I could come up with. Several times someone knocked on the front door but I was not interested. I could have sworn I heard Sara's voice calling from the other side of the door, but I knew that was just my imagination.

Well, that is my story. I went searching for a loony old lady and instead found a race of immortals, and love. Now with Sara's love lost to me, there is no reason to live. Once I send this off to you Tom, you can consider it my resignation. Keep the check, where I am going I will not need it anymore.

Yours truly,

Jennifer Jones

Jennifer pressed the send button and sat staring at the computer. Instead of feeling sad and spent, a wave of lust swept over her along with a scent she knew all too well. She turned in her chair quickly and saw Erin and Sara standing fully transformed behind her, their great wings waving back and forth. She stood and ran into her lover's arms and felt Sara's wings close over her.

Erin smiled at the pair and said softly as she embraced both, "It seems Sara gets her pet after all." She paused a moment, "and I, I get another daughter."