The Rose Diaries Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Cute outfits, right?" She said gazing off into the distance. He watched the maids vanish behind two double doors.

The room was massive and decorated much like one would expect a ballroom. There was plush red carpet beneath him and a beautiful chandelier hanging above. From somewhere a peaceful melody was playing. Miss K. snapped her fingers.

"Not a fan." He muttered, and she laughed.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm sure you'll love it." He cringed at her words. The maids eagerly returned two glasses of water and one of wine. There were two of them. One had noticeably pale skin and long red hair. She didn't look at either of them directly and gingerly placed down the drinks on the table. Her dress was blue and white. The other stood by almost at attention. She had hair the color of ink and seemed rather bashful.

"Thank you, Petal." Miss K. said as she placed the wine in front of her.

"Is this satisfactory?" The other said meekly, and she nodded picking up her wine.

"Beyond. Thank you, Ivy. May I inquire as to what is for dinner?"

"A filet mignon with roasted garlic potatoes." The girl who must be named Ivy answered casting her gaze away and to the ground.

"I'll just have a salad." Miss B. said with a smile and Ivy nodded.

"Will she be needing anything?" She motioned to him. He opened his mouth to speak but Miss K. cut him off immediately.

"Only the house specialty. You may bring us our food and then you will leave us to dine in peace." Miss K. ordered, and she nodded again.

"Yes, Miss K. Right away. Thank you so much for allowing us to serve you tonight. We will be back shortly." Miss K. waved them off and then they rushed away and exited the room. Miss K. raised her glass.

"To Doll's education." To which Miss B. immediately responded by raising hers. He did not. Instead, he looked at Miss K. incredulously. She took a slow sip while looking at him in the eyes.

"You know," she traced her finger around the rim of the glass and stared off in the distance. "where I come from Doll, it's considered bad manners to not raise a toast when prompted. Or even worse to refuse one." He scoffed.

"And where exactly do you come from?" He snapped back. She narrowed her eyes at him and placed her glass back down.

"You forget yourself again my sweet Doll." Peter crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair.

"Are you going to hurt me again for asking a question?" He knew the answer before he even spoke it.

"You know damn well that I can." Miss B. cleared her throat. She exchanged a look of contempt at each of them.

"Girls. Let's have a peaceful dinner. Kat, stop being so...so...so you." She put emphasis on that last word and Miss K. rolled her eyes. "And you!" She directed her focus towards him. "Stop being acting clever. I warned you before and now this is the second time I've had to repeat myself." She scolded the two of them as if they were both her children. He leaned forward a bit in response.

"I think you're a sweet and wonderful girl hiding behind a brave bravado. But you need to stop before you do get hurt beyond what you can even imagine." Peter crossed his arms and scoffed. He drummed his fingers on the table.

"Sorry." He muttered, and Miss K. nodded in response. For a moment, there was silence between the three. Peter looked around the room and took note of the exits and doors. Two double doors in the front and back.

"Is it always so empty?" He pondered aloud. The two women glanced around with him and Miss K. shrugged.

"It varies, I believe. This place can seat quite a large crowd, but it's usually sort of vacant. You have the girls who are on maid-duty who come and go as needed but this isn't our only dining area. The main one has better ambiance." She answered.

"I like the one near the gardens. Such a lovely view." Miss B. added lovingly.

"Doll, I actually made sure that no one would be here for you." Miss K. spoke pausing only to take a sip of her wine.

"Really?" He perked up a bit. That seemed a bit odd.

"Yeah, before we met for the first time. I didn't think that overexposing you to the other Misses and girls would be good for you. I thought a quiet dinner would be nice. Though, today has been much different than expected." She laughed. It was sweet and warm. It was different. He was taken aback by how human she seemed to him right now.

"Yeah, today was different than I expected too." He added with a smirk of his own. Miss B. stifled a laugh of her own.

"Would you mind telling me what you would have done right now in your past life?" Miss K.'s voice was sincere as well. She asked not ordered though he was certain she would order him if he didn't answer. He nodded.

"I'd have gotten off work by now. Well, I assume. I honestly have no idea what time it is." The three of them laughed together at that. "Uhh...I'd be walking home to my little apartment. I would probably make my mom's macaroni and cheese recipe for dinner and then watch TV for a bit before passing out on my couch."

"So pretty average." She responded, and he nodded.

"I'd like to have you cook that recipe for me. It sounds special to you. I would like to try it."

He wanted to tell her off. He wanted to get mad. That was his mother's special dish. The warm bowls that got him through so many rough days at school. Then when the doctors came into their lives. It became his. Now, he made it whenever he was feeling sad. Whenever he needed a taste of the home he had so hurriedly ran away from. He sighed.

"Sure. My mother would have liked you to try it anyway." He lied through his teeth. She knew it bothered him. She knew it. He could see it in her eyes. Did she know about it beforehand? What was her game here?

"Your mother sounds sweet." Miss B. chimed back in. "I'm sorry. I know that must be a sore topic right now. Thank you for sharing it with us. It means a lot." She reached out from across the table and placed her hand over his. "I mean this. Thank you." She looked as if she would almost cry. Miss K. on the other hand was trying to hide behind her wine glass.

"Thank you, Miss B." He lied again. He didn't take her words as anything. She had no reason to care.

The maids returned with serving platters in hand. They set them in front of three of them before removing the covers for everyone but him. Beautifully ornate silverware was paired with their dishes. They were gone as quickly as they arrived leaving behind some more water He reached before Miss K. chided him almost immediately.

"What are you doing?" He rested his hand on the cover.

"I was going to eat." She shook her head before picking up her fork and knife.

"Poor manners, Doll. You always let your betters eat first. Then and only then can you eat. Unless," She began cutting a piece of her steak and gingerly placing her knife down "you think you're better than me." He froze completely. He wanted to say what he truly felt. That he believed that no one was better than anyone else. But since he wasn't a sadistic kidnapper who tortured people for fun. Then he did have that advantage.

So yes. He was indeed better than her. But he didn't say that. Instead he just froze as she began to eat slowly as if just to spite him for his actions. Miss B. on the other hand was trying her hardest to enjoy her meal and ignore the rising tension.

She swallowed her first bite and raised her hand towards him and nodded.

Eagerly, he removed the top of the dish. It was yellowish loaf of mush that had been neatly presented on his plate. He picked up the spoon next to it and poked and prodded it. It had the consistency of oatmeal. Thick and soft. He was able to carve a perfect chunk out of it. He gazed up only to see Miss K. trying her hardest to not laugh at him. Was this yet another punishment?

"What is this?"

"Dinner." Her laugh finally burst through her lips. Another cruel joke. He turned his spoon upside down and watched it cling easily to it. He grimaced as he placed it in his mouth. His eyes widened. It had no taste. He felt as if he was eating air. If the air was a grainy mushy mess. He gagged but swallowed. He placed his spoon down.

"I think I'll pass." Miss K. glanced over to his plate before taking another bite of hers.

"You should eat. The last solid food you ate was at Bobby's Diner off Main Street. Remember?" She said with a smirk. His eyes widened.

"How-"She cleared her throat to cut him off.

"You need your energy. Eat up." Miss B. rolled her eyes at her comment.

"Doll, you do need to eat. But I swear I just asked you to behave, Kat."

"You did." Was all Miss K. added and not a single word more. He dug back into his slop-loaf and shoveled it down with a grimace. As he ate, he listened to Miss K. and B. talk to each other about things he had no idea about. Jasmine had been in the lead, the sun room needed redecorating, someone had requested alterations, and Miss G. had complained about the weather. It was just noise to him.

He continued as much as he could until he hit the bottom of his dish and he lay the spoon down finally. Miss K. dabbed his lips with a napkin. She was smiling.

"Good girl." She said as she lay the napkin on her empty dish. He rolled his eyes. He was certain they both saw him do it. But they left him alone.

"Tastes awful." He muttered.

"It is also absurdly nutritious." She added. "Really good for digestion too." She stood up in her chair and stretched her arms above her head with a high-pitched squeal.

"Wait! Just hold that pose!" Came an unfamiliar voice. Kat's eyes went wide as she nearly threw the chair away as she rushed over to her. There was a woman with a large bag at her side. She was tall, lean, and he almost mistook her for Miss I. She had long shimmering blonde hair that was capped with a beret and had impeccable posture. She looked different than everyone else, she wore an oversized sweatshirt, and tight leggings. No fancy high-heels or dresses.

"Elle!" Miss K. rushed over to her in an instant after crying out her name. She grabbed her into a tight hug and twirled her as the women squealed and laughed in pure joy.

"Hello to you too, Katelynn!" She kissed her on the forehead. Miss K. blushed and buried her face into the woman known as Elle's chest.

"You're back!" Miss K. cried with surprise. She then took a step back to hold her friend at arm's length. "Are you back?" Elle laughed. She had a sort of sophisticated air in her voice. An accent that Peter couldn't quite place. She reeked of high society, fancy brunches, and summer homes.

"Ah, I could be." She tapped her finger on Kat's nose. "For a bit, I'm sure. The house hasn't changed much I presume?" Miss K. blushed and nodded.

"Not really. Still the same repertoire of models for you to shoot. Everyone is still going about their days here. At least, you get to leave." Elle laughed and strode forward to the table.

"Hello Beth." Miss B. went to rise when Elle held up a hand and smiled. "Sit! Sit! I'm just gonna be in here for a few minutes and then I'll be out of..." Her voice trailed off as she noticed Peter. She looked at him curiosity and intensity. "My, my, what a rare sight these days. No makeup and short hair. Are you our newest acquisition?" Miss K. returned to her friend's side.

"Ah, Elle, she isn't ready. It's her first day." Miss K. spoke quickly. Peter tried to break away from her sight, but she kept eyeing him. Like she could see through him entirely. She extended her hand towards him and he froze not knowing what to do next.

"It's okay. I'm not like the others. My name is Elle. Unfortunately, you must call me Miss E. for as long as I am here. A name I detest. I'm charmed to meet you- "

"Doll." Miss B. added, and Elle shook her head in disappointment.

"What a kitschy name. I wonder which poor unartistic slob named her that?" Miss K. crossed her arms and pouted as she said it. "Just kidding, I know it was you, Kat." He took her hand lightly.

"Tell me your name." Miss K. and Miss B. opened their mouths to say his newly acquired name again before she held up her hand and they both went quiet. He looked at her gentle smile and then back at the two women who were both entirely quiet.

"My name?"

"Yes, dear. I want to hear your name from your lips. The name engraved on your beating heart. Please? Would you do me the honor?" He nodded

"Peter." He spoke with no hesitation and she lay her other hand over his and smiled even more.

"Ah, a classic. Strong and noble. A wonderful name. A shame you had to part with it for something so droll." She cooed and let out a heavy sigh. Miss K. scoffed at the insult pointed her way. He couldn't help but laugh a bit. She seemed different. Was she not here to hurt him?

"Are you done making fun of me?" Miss K. spoke once more. Elle laughed and raised her hand in a dismissive action.

"Never, my dear. But you can get me back later?" She winked, and Miss K. blushed again. She leaned in closer to Peter and motioned for him to lean in as well.

"Katelynn's actually a teddy bear. Don't be too afraid of her to see that." She whispered only to him and then stood back up releasing him.

"Right! I was grabbing dinner from the kitchens and then I was off to my studio. Thank you for the enchanting encounter, Doll. Thank you for letting me interrupt you two as well." She turned away from the table and began to walk away. She had a certain kind of strut and gracefulness in the way she walked. As if the world had been a runway.

"Remember! Honey not vinegar, Katelynn!" She cried as she vanished behind the double doors. Miss K. crossed her arms and stuck her middle finger out in front of her. Her eyes shifted back to him.

"Right. Off to bed. We have lots and lots of things on the agenda tomorrow. Let's show you to your room." She commanded, and Miss B. and Peter followed close behind. From out of the shadows, Ivy and Petal emerged to clear and clean the table. But he had left the hall before he could notice anything else.

They walked for quite a while in a sort of odd silence. Peter looked for things he could use as landmarks as he slowly built a map of the manor in his head. Eventually, they reached a gated sliding door fitted with heavy iron bars. Despite the charming elegant décor, it was a cold reminder of what this place truly served. As a holding place for countless others who were abducted as he was. He saw Miss K. punch in a code on the illuminated keypad next to the door and a buzzer went off followed by locks disengaging. She slid the gate aside with ease and they continued through. It was a hallway with doors flanked on each side. The same dark wood with golden doorknobs on each single one. They walked past many of them each having different names on plaques hung on the door. The same names as those he passed in the salon. The only thing that was different was an open bathroom alongside the righthand wall further in. He continued to walk until Miss K. stopped in front of the only door with no name.

"Honestly, does it take that long to create a plaque?" She muttered fishing in her pocket for something she retrieved a key and unlocked the door and threw it open.

"After you." Miss B. said with a smile as he nodded and headed into the dark room. The two women entered eagerly behind him flicking the light on.

It was a pink room. The curtains were sheer pink, the wallpaper was pink with small roses, the bedsheet was a darker shade of pink, the pillows were pink and pewter, the carpet was a dark pink that resembled a light purple. Pink. There was pink everywhere.

He almost threw up at the garish colors before Miss K. lightly pushed him in further and closed the door behind her. The room was also heavily furnished. There was a standout white vanity table complete with a large mirror that was surrounded by all sorts of colorful makeup and cosmetics. Below the windows that lined the right wall was padded cushions to sit by. There was even a reading nook next to the bed that had enough room to lie down and gaze outwards complete with a barren bookshelf. He took a step in a turned around to take everything in. There was a TV encased in glass at the foot of the bed as well as a mysterious door on the left wall next to a massive floor-length mirror.

But, like the wall outside, each window was covered on the outside with heavy iron bars. As if confirming his surprise, Miss B. strode past him to look outside.

"The previous occupant of this room did not treat it very well." She sat down in the nook.

"They weren't cooperative. Eventually, they threw their chair through a window and leapt." Miss K. finished the story with a hint of sadness in her voice. He gulped instinctively at the gruesome image forming in his head.

"Still, we barred the windows, so you can't jump. Ruins the scenic view it once had." She shrugged before sitting down at the edge of the bed. "This is your room. All in all, it's a nice room. It's got plenty of space and usually quiet. Any questions?" She flopped back until she was laying down and stared up at the ceiling. Peter paused to collect his thoughts before approaching her. He hated to admit and was slightly aggravated that this glorified cell was nicer than his place back home. He stopped at the foot of the bed. Miss K. sat up to look at him before patting the bed next to her.

"Where's the bathroom?" He asked glancing around. His attention was mostly directed to the strange door on the left side of his bed next to the vanity. This only amused Miss K.

"Bathroom is outside. We passed it on the way in. Try not to need it at night but if you do, you can press the button next to your bed to get mine, Beth's, or Candice's attention." She motioned to the tiny white button next to one of the bedposts. "But to be honest here, you won't even be able to take a shit without our supervision."

"Bit vulgar, Kat. Though, she is right, Doll. Unfortunately, you can thank your older sisters for misbehaving before you arrived. Some girls thought it would be prime time to cause some mischief while we slept. Broke our hearts to find our trust so rudely violated. So, as a precaution we keep all doors locked always and have one of us nearby in case of anything. It's just necessary." Miss K. pulled him by the back of his blouse on to the bed easily. He bounced slightly and let out a tiny shrill squeak in surprise.

"Cute!" She laughed. He stared up at the ceiling until Miss K. mounted him and pinned him to the bed. He struggled for a bit as she grinned.

"Stop struggling. Beth, I need your help." He saw Miss B. approach the bed with the pink collar in hand.

"You thought we forgot, didn't you?" Miss K. grinned as Miss B. opened the collar back up.

"Please! I don't need it anymore." He begged them both, but his pleas fell on deaf ears. He began to panic. The memories of the painful shocks remained fresh in his mind. Miss B. raised his head gingerly and fastened the collar once more around his neck.

"There we are. Nice and proper." Miss K. laughed once more. She leaned back up and released her grip on his arms.

"Get undressed and go to bed. Tomorrow is a very big day."

"You'll make your debut tomorrow!" Miss B. cried happily as Miss K. rolled off him and stood back up.

"Good night." Miss B. said as they both approached the door.

"Sweet dreams." Miss K. continued as she shut the light and door. He heard the lock solidly click into place. He waited. He waited until he was absolute sure that they wouldn't come back. His eyes began to water until he felt the tears fall slowly down his face. His sobs were different. He barely remembered the last time he cried as hard as he did.

He wailed and sobbed. Every single sob echoed in the dark room. Through his sorrow, he felt the delicate clothes on his body and with every ounce of his strength he ripped and tore them away. He screamed as sorrow gave way once more to anger. He screamed as his grip grew tighter and tighter as he tore away everything. He felt the blouse in his hands and raised it to his face to muffle his screams. He screamed until his throat burned once more. Until he started coughing and wheezing for air. His head grew fuzzy and hot as a wave of lethargy washed over him. The bed began to caress his weary form until he slowly drifted off in a pile of torn clothes. Tomorrow was another day. Another chance to make his escape. His eyes closed, and his breathing steadied and soon he was fast asleep. Finally, the room fell silent once more.