The Scarlet Dove - Issue 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“It’s been a wild ride, girl,” he said, letting her go. “I’ll never forget you, but I hope we don’t never see each other again…”

“Promise?”

Baker laughed. “You’re the real deal, Star, this city needs you, y’know...”

She was quiet for moment, not sure what to say. “You know, Baker,” she began at last. “I never told you this, but I actually hate being called ‘Star’.”

“Shit, girl, my bad,” he apologized. “How come you never said anything before?”

“Before it was the thing I hated least about you.”

The two bit dealer stared at her for a moment, then smirked. “Take care of yourself, bitch.”

“You too,” Starling replied.

Her bags were still in the living room, and she changed back into her own skirt and tank top. She went out the back door, hoping there was less of a chance she would be spotted. A huge weight lifted off of Starling’s shoulders as she soared up into the cool night sky.

Of course Baker wasn’t above lying to her, but he wasn’t a brave guy. If he thought that heavies like Ozone and maybe even Dominion wanted him dead, he’d stay gone. It was over.

When she at last reached home, she found Lacey waiting outside her door. The brunette jumped up, seeing her arrive and instantly wrapped her in a tight warm embrace. The tenderness and the caring flooded Starling’s mind and she melted into the other woman’s arms. Lacey took her keys and opened the door, then pulled her inside.

Back in her own apartment the briefest sense of relief came over Starling, giving way almost immediately to utter exhaustion. She dropped her stuff right inside the door and pulled away from Lacey, stumbling into the kitchen. She took a bottle of water out of the fridge and guzzled it.

Lacey was staring at her, clutching a brown paper sack. “Are you okay?”

I know she wants to be here for me, whether as a friend or…whatever… Starling set the empty bottle down, she was quiet for a moment then looked up at her friend. But I can’t tell her everything that happened, she looks like she’s barely holding it together just knowing I spent the day as Baker’s sex slave…if she knew I’d been gangbanged and worn by that beautiful big black cock…

“Yes,” Starling replied at length. “It was just one day, one awkward, degrading day…but now it’s over and I’m okay.”

“Okay,” Lacey sighed in relief. “I guess that’s good…so what now?”

“Now I can get back to work,” Starling said, reaching for another water bottle. “There’s still bad guys I have to bring down.”

“Not today,” Lacey said sternly. “You’ve got to get your head on straight before you go back after Tom or Dominion or whatever his name is!”

“Two different people,” Starling corrected. “And I’m going to get them both!”

Lacey obviously didn’t know what to say. A long uncomfortable silence hung in the air between them.

“But first,” Starling said at last. “I need a shower…and some sleep.”

The brunette smiled and nodded. Starling went into her room, stripped naked and climbed in the shower. The steaming water poured down her shoulders and over breasts, easing all the tension in her body and washing away the last twenty-four hours. She let her mind clear, not dwelling on any of the traumatic events of the last day, it was almost meditative. She felt raw, worn out, both physically and mentally, like all her nerves were exposed. By the time the time she was climbing out of the shower though, she was beginning to feel better. As she wrapped a towel around her dripping curves, her nose was met by a delicious smell.

Lacey had made some breakfast. Starling was exhausted and ready for bed, but her stomach rumbled hungrily. The brunette made small talk while they ate, avoiding any topics related to crime, superheroines or sex slaves. Before long Starling was beginning to laugh and joke, and gossip like girl friends do. She began to realize how much she had missed this kind of interaction those first few lonely months in Warden City.

By the time they’d finished eating, Starling felt on the verge of passing out onto her plate. Lacey took her into bed, and Starling actually thought it was a little sweet how the brunette tucked her in…but was she just trying to be nice…or something more? Before she left, she leaned down and gave Starling a kiss.

Feeling their lips touch set butterflies dancing through the red head’s stomach. She began to wonder if she finally had a girl friend, or if she had somehow accidentally gotten herself a girlfriend!

It was yet another confusing situation, Starling decided would have to wait as the exhausted young woman drifted off to sleep.

8:00am Sunday…