All Comments on 'The Schooling of the Spell Caster'

by Estcher

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
MillDrewMillDrewover 1 year ago

I love your story and I especially love novels as it allows one to be drawn into a marvellous tale of wonder, and achieving a most satisfactory conclusion whilst looking forward to their next adventure.

Your reveal of Amber that eventually pulls her into the circle was very cool!

All your Circle characters have developed nicely and I for one have joined the outer circle….

I find myself Invested as an avid reader to now being emotionally tied into sending my own little bonding thread to the members of the circle and adding my own will to aide during the times of trial, especially when kicking Quentin’s proverbial butt. Way to go Grace! 😊

dwoelfledwoelfleover 1 year ago

Oh my God's. This sucked me in and held me for a whole day. So good. So engaging. So smokin' hot. Thank you for a day well wasted. Outstanding read.

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

Yes! Loved the last series, can't wait to start this entry! 28 pages? WOOT! (I never say that but I'm excited, and it felt fitting)

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

Oh! It's all one chapter! Even better! (Saw the "the end" thing)

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 1 year ago

Very nice. I do very much prefer the balance between story and sex in this section -- it reads better and there is frankly more interesting content. (Not that I don't love erotic description -- this is Literotica, after all -- but good character and plot development is frankly more interesting and compelling and it heightens to power of any erotica.) I was kinda lukewarm about the first section, but this one is absolutely marvelous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice! I'm sooo looking forward to the next part!

AproposAproposover 1 year ago

Excellent story. You were correct the reduced emphasis on sex makes for a much better read. Can't wait for Part 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And just where is the beginning of book three? the first two were very entertaining, but don't leave us hanging without book three. CajunBear

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great, hope to see the next chapter very soon.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Great so far, 5/5. When will the next chapter be published? It was a very long wait for this one, but it was a nice improvement.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

I’m so very glad you’ve both picked up the pace of this story and dialled back the sex a bit in favour of the plot advancing. Tbh I really enjoyed this, it moved along at a decent pace, although I’m not entirely sure why Gwydion was part of the story, maybe I missed her vital part of the plot - other than to underline the “Witches are bad news” line. In other news, I’m also chuffed that there aren’t any serious grammatical errors to trip over, I know some readers don’t care about them, but a lot of us do, so thanks to whoever does your proofreading and/or editing, they’ve done a really good job.

Thank you also for uploading this as a single piece; personally that’s infinitely preferable to how you uploaded the first book, please consider repeating this format when you’ve written the third part.

Many thanks for writing and posting here on Lit, regards Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I find your take on this genra very intersting!!! I love well thought through world building.

SlofredSlofredover 1 year ago

I have skipped the whole story to let you know early on I am glad to have this story line back and look forward to reading it. THANKYOU for continuing to create. Comments to follow

onarollonarollover 1 year ago

Definitely need Book 3 to finish off a great story.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Great story! Looking forward to more! Thank-you!

jcus0511jcus0511over 1 year ago

Great yarn that is set up for a wonderful conclusion..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love your two stories in this series! I really enjoy reading your writing and I’m eagerly awaiting the next chapter. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent storytelling. I’m enthralled. Can’t wait for the next one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My mind is blown!! What a fantastic story. You are really talented. Please keep it coming

justme1289justme1289over 1 year ago

You’ve had me since the first chapter, can’t wait for more!

dlj403dlj403over 1 year ago

You know, if you cleaned up all the IP violations, you could actually sell this

jdan526jdan526over 1 year ago

I enjoyed this, looking forward to what comes next.

tim0277tim0277over 1 year ago

Wow, what a story. I hope you post the next bool quickly. I enjoyed this story and gave it a 5star rating. Keep up the exellent writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A few plot holes and unbelievable character behavior but still a very entertaining read. Can’t wait for the next.

LeakyFaucitLeakyFaucitover 1 year ago

This Story! I agree on the 5pages of sex 1page of plot issue, only made it two pages into this one before clicking back here... Thanks! Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Honestly, I really wanted to like this,but Amber is so insanely unlikeable that by extension everyone else becomes unlikeable with how they cater to her.

I can't imagine anyone on earth glossing over their lover almost letting their other lover die over pettiness and being.. fine with it?

The plot was pretty decent, world was good, every interaction without amber was fun, but it just got.. grating?

BrattymBrattymover 1 year ago

I can’t wait for book 3!!!

jacosg36jacosg36over 1 year ago

Gawd I love all those sneaky hobbit references. Each one was so well timed that they all made me laugh. Great story, can't wait for the conclusion!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Couldn’t stop reading it. Really looking forward to book 3. You have great talents in story telling & eroticism.

RatjuicyRatjuicyover 1 year ago

Thank you for this great series. I am brand new to sci-fi fantasy and I absolutely love your story and story telling. I might even have to read Lord of the Rings now! Thank you for sharing your gift with us. I eagerly anticipate the next instalment.

ikrs32ikrs32about 1 year ago

This was such a great read!

LynchjimLynchjimabout 1 year ago

Wow Estcher I loved book 1 but book 2 was twice as good now you’ve got a big job making book 3 three times as good but if I had to put money on it I’d back you all day long you have a real talent for making your characters lovable and real now that is not as easy as it sounds.

I’m looking forward to book 3 asap please.

MakehandpartyMakehandpartyabout 1 year ago

Wow! Just WOW!! LOVE this series and am eagerly awaiting the next installment.

NaughtyNaughtyNurseNaughtyNaughtyNurseabout 1 year ago

It is exceedingly rare for me to find a story, let alone on Literotica, that forces me to read it through to the end. This series has been one of those few.

Please continue this work. If you should ever formally publish it, I'd happily pay for it!

FredBaxterFredBaxterabout 1 year ago

Commenting from the testing section of the story. Do the heroes of this story ever stop being passive idiots. Literal morons who do nothing to defend themselves without being saved by God's and demigods? I really tried to give this a chance, but good lord how many times are they going to let people try over and over to murder them without responding. Done with this story

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519about 1 year ago

Excellent story! I cannot wait for the next book.

LeRoyEdwardsLeRoyEdwardsabout 1 year ago

Thank you for the glorious entertainment!!! Twists and turns, intrigue, and innuendo it is all GREAT!! I will be eagerly awaiting Book III.

raavan090raavan090about 1 year ago

Excellent work...I don't know how I missed it so many days... eagerly awaiting the next installment...keep up the great work...

RatnorareRatnorare12 months ago

Simply brilliant!

clearlyenigmaticclearlyenigmatic12 months ago

What a fun series! I can't wait to read more adventures of the Fellowship of the Cock Ring! Keep up the great work.

SkiingphotogSkiingphotog11 months ago

*scraped, not scrapped.

Regardless this is a super fun read. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Oh my, you are having fun! And I'm so glad, because I'm having fun too!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just found this story', keep going thanks

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow.....

Five huge bloody red Nova star

EM_Lockiel_51EM_Lockiel_519 months ago

I think this story just went supernova it was absolutely spectacular it took me several hours just to finish reading this story totally amazing story I LOVED IT!!!!

I think you may have blown me away with this story very creative writing keep it up!!!

JimDiamondJimDiamond8 months ago

Fellowship of the cock ring? It was a great story then got that Lord of The Rings silliness at the end. Still a great story, aaaaand will be a great "Trilogy". So at least a five star rating. I loved it.

cabernetguycabernetguy8 months ago

awesome! loved this second installment! such a great imagination, you have. wonderful character development. Looking forward to the third part.....though I know you're taking a break. Congratulations, by the way, on this story winning a contest. well-deserved!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story, I keep checking in the hope there's more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It’s been a pleasure to be immersed in this fantasy. Is book 3 available anywhere? Do you have a patreon account?

Graywolf1966Graywolf19667 months ago

Want more, need more. When is the next part coming out?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Where art thou book three?

Richard1940Richard19407 months ago

Engrossing! Thank you. 5*

PrimusVoxPrimusVox6 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed the story, 5*.

My tiniest bit of what I hope is constructive criticism - I found myself drawn out of the story more then a few times where *large numbers* involving *important events* were described, as they just didn't make sense. Two examples - 500 gnomes being all that remains is a heavy impact and makes sense given their difficulties breeding, but at the same time there's no way 500 slaves being freed brings a city of 300,000 to a halt, never mind the broader geographical region. At Yanwey crater, 4 million lives are lost in a 6 mile crater, either putting the population density significantly higher than Tokyo, or expecting "animals of all kinds, trees, flowers, insects" to be counted as lives, stripping the number of meaning.

They are not major issues, and overall do not detract from how much I generally enjoyed the story. They are just little speed bumps that I think, if smoothed out, would elevate the tale even further. Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to book 3!

DivwayDivway5 months ago

A long story revisited can be a mammoth task trying to fix and rewrite. So well done Estcher and thanks. I love your characters. The way you have created the family feel. The interaction between them all kept me reading for hours. I could not stop reading. Now reading your other ones. I like your style too Estcher. Please keep it going and letting yourself evolve as a wonderful storyteller. The sex is imaginative and makes one consider it.....

DistantConstellationDistantConstellation5 months ago

Lots of times the old tropes get shopworn. You've found new twists and I am anjoying this hugely - and looking forward to your new volume next!

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca4 months ago

Enchanting, mesmerizing, utterly addictive.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I got interrupted while I was reading this and couldn't convince myself it was worth continuing. I gave it a three out of mercy.

LovereadingyoursLovereadingyours2 months ago

It was a very interesting take on hero's and villains. Very enjoyable!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEstcher@Estcher
The completed Spell Caster trilogy arc is complete and published on Literotica, Smashwords, and Amazon. And in case you were not aware, The Schooling of the Spell Caster won third place in the November 2022 Reader Awards under Sci-Fi/Fantasy. That was pretty cool. And it was ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES