The Shepherd of Ashburn Court Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ben, you are special to us as well." Gabriella said and placed her hand on top of his. Catherine placed hers on top as well.

The doorbell rang breaking the moment. Ben got up and went to the door. Standing outside was Trish who was looking nervous. He let her in.

Trish missed the extra coats hanging on the hooks and immediately went into her apology when the door closed. Ben tried to get her attention but she missed that too

"Ben, I'm so sorry if I've upset you. I just wanted to show you how much it meant to me your bailing me out of my financial crisis. When I kissed you and you got so hard like that I just had to show Shelly because I love her so much and she could really make you feel good with her amazing mouth and like I said she really loves it-"

"TRISH! I have company!" Ben finally yelled to stop her.

Her mouth was open and her wide eyes darted to the entrance of the living room where Gabriella and Catherine appeared. They stood glaring at Trish with their arms crossed.

"oh god." she peeped, her face shading to match her hair.

"Please! In the living room, now!" Ben growled.

Trish kicked off her boots and Ben hung up her coat.

Gabriella and Catherine tried to sit next to Ben on the couch but he didn't want this to look like he was ganging up on Trish. She made a mistake. He just wanted to clear the air. Trish took the chair facing the couch. He let Gabriella and Catherine take the couch then he shifted over to the ottoman between them and Trish.

"I'm flattered by the attention. I really am. I'm finding... I definitely have a weakness for beautiful women and you all qualify as that. My body seems to have a mind of its own. It acts like a freaking teenager! But I need to make something clear. I'm not looking for a girlfriend right now. I'm not much of a catch at the moment- Please... let me finish." he said when all three started to protest.

"There has been an unprecedented increase in kissing in recent days. I went years without the touch of lips on mine and now the three of you... and Tina to be completely honest, seem to have made it your mission to reacquaint me with what I've been missing. You know, based on physical evidence, that I enjoy these moments but afterwards I'm left confused and worried I've led you on. It tears me up inside. I'm not promiscuous. I'm not a player. I'm having difficulty with the emotional context of all of this. With Tina, I've been bluntly honest in making it very clear that while I can help give her life structure and direction in the short term she understands that she and I will not be a couple. She deserves someone her own age. I've kissed Beth too but she knows we're playing and it's therapeutic, a way to bring her back to that fun vivacious woman she used to be."

Ben looked deeply into the caring eyes of the three women in front of him. "But you three, you leave my heart is tied in knots. It's far too easy to see myself falling in love again. I can't. Not right now. I'm not worthy of any of you as I am. I'm terrified of hurting you. It would be Wendy all over again."

He put his hands over his face and shuddered.

The three women looked at each other with worried eyes. They didn't want to hurt Ben or each other. Trish was first to speak.

'Ben, please don't worry about me. I'm not hurt. I'm flattered that you could see yourself falling in love with me but please know I'm not looking for love right now either. I apologize for not making that clear before. For not understanding or even acknowledging your confusion. My heart is still stinging over John. I'm doing my best to just look out for myself for the next little while. You were right. I went from a very active sex life to complete celibacy and it shocked me. An important part of my life was missing and I tried to fill it with you. If you like you can think of what you did with me as what you did with Beth. Purely physical therapy to heal the soul. I loved it and I think you need it as well. It's fun and it's a close therapeutic connection to someone. That doesn't make you a player, a bad attitude does. I'll be there for you if you just want to have some no strings attached therapy. So will my cousin. Play your cards right we may even re-enact that story I told you. Anyway, I have to go. Think about it." Trish patted his leg and let herself out.

Ben watched Trish go with reddened eyes, his embarrassment plain to see. He looked back at Gabriella and Catherine. "So, I didn't understand the signals she was sending at all. I probably read your intentions wrong as well. GOD! I'm such an idiot! I'm so sorry for embarrassing you like that."

Gabriella and Cat saw the Catch 22. It they admitted they wanted his love, he'd be torn about hurting one of them. If they denied their need, he'd be crippled with embarrassment.

Gabriella thought the best option was to delay the conversation. "Ben, it's been a very emotional day. I think we should take some time to think. See how things look in the light of a new day. You sleep well. Thank you for opening up to us today. It was truly special." She stood and pulled Catherine along with her.

Ben just watched them go, confused and emotionally exhausted.

When they got outside Catherine turned to her friend. "Are we doing the right thing?"

"Right now I don't think there is a right thing." she replied.

Chapter 12

Over the next few days Ben pushed himself into his old routine. Get up, work out, breakfast, check the trade blogs, work in his office, eat, and go to bed. The new element was Beth's visit Tuesday night and she picked up right away that he'd had some kind of emotional setback. She didn't press but she promised herself she'd speak to the others to find out what happened. It pulled her out of herself to worry about Ben and that in itself was therapy for her.

While Tina wasn't happy she picked up on Ben's mental state and didn't push when he asked for a postponement of her visit to the following week.

Daphne came to visit him Friday afternoon to speak with him about renovations. She'd received the guidelines and requirements for building a daycare to handle twenty children and the team she'd hired to do the renovations were suddenly indicating they'd need a lot more money. She was feeling a little frustrated and cheated and had lost faith in them. She wanted Ben's opinion on the work required. She laid out the plans on his kitchen table and he made notes. After an hour of review Ben brought out a large sheet of paper and his pencils and rulers. He quickly sketched out her floor plan and showed how he would redesign it to meet the guidelines and make better use of her space. It wasn't a lot different than her original idea but there were a few brilliant adjustments Daphne immediately seized upon. The visibility was much improved so they could see the children from almost any area. The expanded washroom facilities were safer and child friendly. It was a better plan.

"Ben, this is wonderful! My next problem is how am I going to get this done? I don't trust the team I hired." she said, concerned.

"Fire them." Ben said. "I'll call a friend of mine and get the name of a dependable contractor team. I have an interest in this. I'd like to enroll Tina's Christopher in your daycare as she's going to be attending University this fall. She might even take some summer courses. Give me a minute."

Ben dialed a number on his cell. "Dominic! This is Ben!... I'm good. Listen, I was wondering if you could give me the name and number of a team of dependable contractors for renovating a home into a daycare. There is a bonus involved if the work can be completed by the end of April beginning of May. Yeah, I got it! Thanks! Give that new grandchild of yours a hug for me... Thanks and take care!"

Daphne was sputtering with anger. "Ben! I can't pay a bonus!"

"Oh, sorry! I should have asked if you wouldn't mind me picking up some of these costs. I get carried away when I get in involved in reno projects. I have some connections to get high end fixtures that will wear far longer than the standard stuff contractors use. I'd love to be part of helping you bring this to completion. I understand if you want to do it on your own."

She was somewhat mollified by his apology. "What percentage of the business are you asking for in return?"

He looked at her in surprise. "Zero. I'm not doing this for the money. I just want to help if you'll let me."

It was Daphne's turn to look surprised. "Zero? Do you want Christopher enrolled for free?"

"No. Yes, I'd like him enrolled but I'll pay his way." Ben said.

"You're paying?" Daphne's eyebrows crawled skyward.

"Yes, Tina received nothing from the life insurance and all assets James had are going to pay off the lawsuits. She has nothing. I'm helping her get her life back. Nothing more than I would have done for a daughter had I been lucky enough to have one. I'm just paying for her room and board, her education, and daycare." Ben replied with a smile. "So, can I help you build your daycare?"

Daphne just nodded and smiled.

"As I'll have to renovate the main floor washroom I could throw in a renovation of your upstairs bathrooms as well. Come see what I've done with my master bathroom before you say anything." Ben grinned.

Daphne took one look as the shower and the soaker tub and gasped.

"Can you imagine soaking away all your tension after a busy day with the kiddies? You think your daughters might appreciate that too?" Ben whispered in her ear with a smile.

"You are a master of temptation Ben! Yes, we'd love this in our home but again I have to ask, how much is this going to cost?" Daphne moaned.

"Nothing. I'm buying the fixtures from my guy and I get an even better deal the more I buy. The stuff for Trish's place is already on order. I was planning on renovating Tina's home if I could get it but that no longer looks likely. I think Joanne is going to list hers which I will bid on but I may not get it. I do this work myself with all the required permits and inspections. You can see how mine turned out. If you like you can join Trish and I when we head over to the store I use and choose the tiles for your new bathrooms too."

"Yes, I'd like that. Can the girls come too? They have better design taste than I do." she asked as they went back to the kitchen to get the paperwork.

Ben rolled up the drawings he made for Daphne. "Sure. Are they available tonight?"

"Tonight is perfect as they're coming home from University. Can I get a picture of your bathroom to show them?" she asked.

"Sure. Help yourself."

Daphne met him back at the front door and Ben helped her on with her coat. "We'll meet at Trish's place at 7 tonight. OK?"

"Perfect!" Daphne said. She stopped and took his hand in hers. "Thank you Ben. Truly."

"What? I'm doing this for me too! I can't wait to hear the sound of happy children in the park again." he smiled. He didn't tell her that the work helped occupy his mind and he desperately needed that at the moment.

She shook her head with a grin and headed home.

Later that evening Ben was parked at the end of Trish's driveway. Trish climbed in the front seat. "May I kiss your cheek." she said in an almost perfect imitation of Tina's soft voice. He stared at her in shock then nodded weakly. He turned his face and she gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek.

"I told Tina what I'd done and she seriously put me in my place. That young woman is a tiger! Don't be fooled. She is VERY protective of you! She told me I had to ask permission from now on and to respect your boundaries." Trish smiled. "If you choose to expand those boundaries please know I am available." She buckled in and looked at him. "Are we waiting for something?"

"Sorry, I'm still a little dazed. Yes, we're waiting for Daphne and her daughters. I'm going to be helping them renovate their daycare and their bathrooms. They're coming along to choose their tile patterns as well. You're bathrooms are first. I'll probably get the daycare contractors to help me with theirs. I'll just act as foreman on their jobs."

Trish was looking out her window and spotted the women coming. "Speak of the Devils- woah, have you seen Lisa and Lori lately?"

The rear door of Ben's truck opened and Daphne climbed in. Her daughters slid in next to her. Ben turned in his seat and froze when he saw the two young ladies pushing back the fur rimmed hoods of their parkas. The two were identical in every aspect. Long flowing red hair, pale blue eyes, long aquiline noses complete with a fine gold ring through their right nostril, lush red lips, and a dimple on their chins. He caught the flash of gold earrings and studs running up the ridge of an ear and assumed both would have the same complement of jewelry. They looked nothing like the tweens he'd first met when he moved in. He'd witnessed them growing up but it had been quite some time since he'd last seen them so the difference was shocking. They were absolutely identical but somehow he'd always been able to tell Lori from Lisa and thankfully that hadn't changed.

"Good evening Lisa, Lori, Daphne." He said looking each in the eye as he said their names and the two young women smiled broadly. Their braces were long gone and their brilliant straight white teeth gleamed in the identical smiles they gave him. They were always impressed with his ability to identify them no matter how hard they tried to be identical. Only their mother shared this ability and even she sometimes missed. Ben never did.

"Good evening Mr. Shepherd." the twin's voices said in perfect unison. It was a little unnerving and Daphne frowned.

"You know I don't like it when you two do that!" Daphne complained and they giggled.

Ben grinned and got them on their way.

The tile shop was expansive and the variety they sold was daunting. The selection ran from ceramic and porcelain, to glass of all shapes and colors, and natural stone. Trish saw what she wanted immediately so Ben was able to write down the product ID's for her order. Then Ben brought out his tablet and mocked up some designs as the twins reviewed the materials. Once they saw the pictures their mother had taken of his shower they were much more excited about the process and selected some very attractive glass tile to use as an accent for large natural stone tiles. Ben agreed that it would look and work really well in the space they had.

Then they began to work on concepts for the daycare. They chose a simple white tile for the washrooms and Ben suggested some pretty and cheerful glass accent tiles. He used his tablet to show them the touchless taps and soap dispensers so the kids could keep their hands clean and germ free. The finish was going to look clean and modern and should help give the daycare a very sophisticated look yet it was very friendly and accessible to kids. Ben swore the fixtures were far sturdier than anything they would get from a regular contractor grade supplier.

Once Ben had written down all of the part numbers for he started an order and indicated that he would provide the quantities once he had done formal measurements. They indicated they would hold the order open for him.

On the drive home the twins were very animated about their vision for daycare and Ben discovered that it had always been their dream to run a daycare and they were a little dazzled that it was actually coming true. He caught Daphne's eye in the mirror and the two shared a smile.

Trish was in a world of her own as she envisioned her new shower stall with the body jets and the deep soaker tub. When they pulled into her drive she forgot she wasn't alone in the car with Ben. "May I kiss your cheek?" she asked. Ben froze as the back seat went silent.

"Uh, yes." Ben said, embarrassed.

Trish leapt up and planted one right on his cheek and partially on his mouth as he hadn't had time to turn. She grinned and slid out of the car with a quick bye to the ladies in the back seat. She skipped up her driveway to her house and Ben drove up to the next driveway for the rest of his passengers to exit. Daphne got out and closed her door. While their mother was walking around the back of the truck Lori and Lisa looked at each other with grins on their face. "May I kiss your cheek?" they said in unison from the backseat.

Ben rolled his eyes at their teasing. "Sure." he said, hoping it would be over quick.

Lori leaned over the seat until her face was right in front of his. Her right hand was braced on and squeezed his right leg and her left hand was on the back of his neck. Suddenly her lips were crushed against his and the tip of her tongue caressed across his lips. She slipped back to the backseat and slid out of the car before he'd had time to react. He started to turn to look back when Lisa was suddenly leaning over the seat. Because of his shift her right hand landed right on his hardening cock and her tongue swept across his as his mouth opened in reaction to her firm squeeze. Then she too was out of the car and the two ladies were running up the drive giggling in excitement.

Daphne watched her daughters scamper away and looked in the passenger door window. She saw Ben's upset expression. She pulled open the door. "Ben, what did they do?"

"Too much." he said gruffly.

Daphne noted the bulge and his unease. "I'm so sorry, Ben."

"I'm not used to be pawed and I'm certainly not used to being kissed like that from kids I've watched grow up. I feel... a little ill actually. If you'll excuse me I want to go home." he said.

"Oh Ben. God, I'm sorry. They've had a crush on you for years. That's no excuse though. I'll talk with them. Are you still going to help with the Daycare?" she asked hopefully.

"Yes, of course. But talk to your girls. That can't happen again!" Ben growled.

Daphne nodded and closed the door. Ben drove away quickly and she marched up her driveway. She had two naughty girls to discipline.

Ben rushed inside and went directly into his master bath. He stuffed his clothes into the hamper and stepped into the shower. He got the water as hot as he could stand it and gave himself a good scrub. It didn't help so he shut it down before he scraped himself raw. The image of those two beauties remained in his mind and the feeling of their soft lips on his and Lisa's hand gripping his... God dammit! This was Trish's fault! If she hadn't been so careless. Ben didn't know what to do with himself. First thing he need to do was tell Trish she had to be more careful. He threw on a robe, grabbed the phone and dialed Trish.

"Hello?" she answered.

"You've got to be more careful about how to treat me around others!" Ben blurted out.

"Ben? Is this you?" she asked.

"Who else do you kiss in front of impressionable young women?" he growled.

"Ahhhh, did they want a little taste of their own?" she teased.

"Dammit Trish! I've watched these kids grow up since they were just teenagers! I can't begin to tell you how it feels to have them suddenly kissing and groping you. It was horribly disturbing!" Ben yelled.

"But they got you hard didn't they!" Trish pushed.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you! It's so freaking wrong and it could have been prevented if you'd... hello?" Ben realized the phone line was dead. "She hung up?" he said looking at the receiver incredulously. He must have stood there trembling for thirty seconds glaring at the receiver, getting more and more angry.

Suddenly his doorbell rang. He dropped the phone on the desk and walked to the front door. He saw Trish standing outside without her jacket. He yanked open the door and pulled her inside, maybe a little too roughly.

"Are you nuts? It's freezing out there!" he growled, his anger still hot.

She took a good look at his robe.

"So after the girls tugged on your cock did you come home to stroke yourself off in the shower?" she goaded him.