All Comments on 'The Treachery of the Heart'

by TwistedMisery

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Too slow

I hate to say it, but this is lacking a serious hook in the first four paragraphs.

cassandracharmedcassandracharmedalmost 10 years ago
sorry wrong place for this type

I'm sorry but this should be in loving wifes than romance. Yes there are some elements is the story that point to romance but the rest is how they have cheated together over time. They hurt not just his brother but also their daughter. It would have been better to have the husband and wife going through the divorce before she got together with him that would have made it fit the romance a wee bit better

ariesgirlariesgirlalmost 10 years ago

Too funny...busted by her own kid. I wish we had Mark's POV. I wonder if he knew if there was something between Leah and his brother but chose to ignore it.

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 10 years ago
A tough subject

First off, I think this is the right category because the focus is on the love of Leah and Riley, not her betrayal of Mark.

People cannot help who they fall in love with. The danger lies in allowing those initial loving feelings to build. Circumstances forced Riley and Leah into those feelings before they were emotionally and mentally equipped to deal with them.

Of course, the honorable thing would be for Leah to play down the whole kiss incident and stay mum about her feelings. She did love Mark, just not as much or as deeply as Riley. Let Riley move on. Losing the love of her life should be her penance for allowing those feelings to develop in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Short Sighted Cheaters

Whether this is in Romance or Loving Wives, the real issue remains the loving family that hovered over the story.

Leah stayed with Mark for the good of the baby in the first place. What changed while Riley was in the service? Was she pining for the illicit feelings Riley gave her? Is that the "love" she missed? A quick fuck and dash?

While you cannot help whom you fall in love with, how in the hell did Riley come to think of coveting his brother's girl as love? Lust I got from the description, but not love.

There was no indication that Mark did anything to deserve the betrayal of either his girlfriend or his younger brother. He must have been a decent husband and father, since she was still married when Riley came back home. And she must not have been looking to trade up, since it took the repeated attempts from Riley to get her to change her mind.

What I read was a pair of cheaters getting together, not realizing that they really do not know each other. They can't say that they truly are in love, since they have spent no practical time together as the people they are today.

And then there is the reason I posted this - Riley and Mark's family. How in the world are they going to react when Mark tells them why he wants a divorce? You think they are going to say "no big deal, you only cuckolded your brother" to Riley? Leah and Riley have blown a hole in their families, and then there is Abbie. Despite the assurances Riley utters, no way that girl won't resent Riley when she gets older and realizes what her memories mean.

This is not a romantic story. This is not a realistic story. It is a disaster. Not poorly written (although it was a bit slow), but miscategorized and unrealistic in its outcome. I don't think a sequel would show this ending well for any of the characters portrayed here.

And I don't think there should be one, either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
hate it!!!

i hate this story!! this is not romance!!!

Leah is a cheating slut and Riley is a ass to do this to his brother.

fuckmeinto_oblivionfuckmeinto_oblivionover 9 years ago
who know porn could get so deep?

I never thought porn would make me cry..... I was literally bawling my eyes out !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I disagree with the other comments about this story and the cheating aspect of their relationship. Sure, Riley and Leah could've handled the situation in a more honest way, but I still thought their story was romantic and hot and I was rooting for them through the whole story.

While we don't know much or anything about Mark, there are hints throughout the story that allude to the possibility that he and his wife are estranged.....for example, what devoted husband would just go to bed during a movie and leave his wife practically sleeping in his brother's lap? Riley finds an exhausted Leah after finally getting her daughter to sleep - "Mark slept through the whole thing", Leah tells Riley. It's Riley, not Mark at the hospital when Leah goes into labor. The initial scene of the three of them in the kitchen. ...when Mark gets up to head to work, he doesn't acknowledge Leah once. Mark asks Leah to marry him well after their baby is born....I took all of these as hints that while Mark may have been a devoted and loving brother, his feelings for Leah might not have been the same.

I liked this story. I usually don't read the romance stories on this site, but this story kept me engaged. Thanks for sharing.

SampkyangSampkyangalmost 8 years ago
Very good story

But I did NOT like Leah. She was dishonest and lived a lie until found out by accident. She NEVER did best for Abbie, hurt Mark, she was a deceitful cruel person. The writing was more than excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
well wrotten in my opinion.

Total lack of character in Riley. Lust was prevalent, but unsure of love between wife and brother-in-law. Weapon of mass destruction for three families, in law's, husband and daughter, and bothers parents and siblings. One cannot control lust, but it is a choice whether to act on it or not. I would never returned for more than a visit if I felt that kind of lust for my sister-in-law. Stupid and shallow lovers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Selfish, self absorbed asshole.

Some brother. Riley was a whiney, selfish bitch. Easy to appreciate the difficulty of the situation but hard to empathise with any of the characters and the clueless brother wasn't really characterised at all. A tour in the army is probaby just what Riley needs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I Don't Think So

I really don't consider this to be a romance story. This is a story about a cheating wife and a backstabbing brother who put his own selfish wants ahead of the respect he should have had for his brother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Two Deaths needed

The death of the backstabbing piece of shit of a brother and that of the filthy whore of a wife . Happy ever after I don't think so . Mark will hate both of them and turn the daughter against scumbag . The brothers family will never forgive them .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Romance ??????

Romance bullshit . Filthy whore slut and a slimy piece of pond scum ex brother . Best ending would be for both to get the most virulent painful disease possible and die in agony , I would place the two of them below a filthy paedophile .

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgerover 5 years ago
2 thoughts

1. if you're going to bitch then put your name on it, if not well, then you're a little bitch.

2. l moved 2100 miles because l knew l loved her. Never said a thing. 4 years later after a divorce she knocked on my door

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I won't debate whether it was love or just lust between those 2. I don't blame how Riley acted because he was head over heels for her. He was ready to give up his brother to be with her and if he's choosing her over his brother, so be it. But I disliked how Leah acted. She didn't need to marry Mark yet she did. She wanted Riley to stay even though she knew he was suffering. She should have made a choice years ago. Mark might not be the best husband but she should have left then. She is a weak character and a coward.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Leah is a skank and Riley is a weak pathetic pussywhipped loser that even the Army couldn't redeem

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is just pathetic

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bunch of cheating, lust filled assholes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No, they are NOT going to be happy!!! They began their relationship by adultery. Betrayal of husband and brother. Deep down, in the hindbrain, the whispers will come: “If they will cheat with you, they’ll cheat ON you!!!”

If will fester, and poison them. Distrust will grow. One day he’ll realize that he has shat on everything he was taught about honor, and will hate himself for it. Then the hate will turn on her.

You tried to write a “True Love Romance”, but there’s no happily ever after when it starts with lies. The husband didn’t beat her, or neglect her. The brother wasn’t a knight in shining armor rescuing the princess. Rather this is a story of the Knave and the Wicked Witch running of together.

If the misandrist court awards her custody, the daughter will be corrupted, and grow up thinking that it doesn’t matter if she breaks her word, or how much she hurts others, as long as she gets what she wants.

1 star for a vile, disgusting, post modern piece of shit!!!

ZK

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Your opening line is, 'Riley lifted his spine from the sofa as his frame curled in an all over stretch'. How can you possibly curl into a stretch on a sofa unless you can claim your doing gymnastics, lol? I stopped right there!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

THIS IS NOT ROMANCE, SIMPLY CHEATING TRASH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cheating skanks ain't romance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

All these comments about Leah being some whore are so funny. And they’re probably all from men. Cheating has been a thing since forever. Men also cheat all the time but once it’s a woman, they wanna hurl all sorts of insults her way. The double standards are appalling.

Imagine getting so emotional over a piece of fiction. Grow the fuck up.

drycreeksdrycreeksabout 1 year ago

A great story kinda hard to follow all the jumping back n forth in time. But all in all a good read.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

2 cheating fuckers

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTwistedMisery@TwistedMisery
1263 Followers
I'm a professional fiction writer. I enjoy delving into the dark, and slightly twisted. No matter the response, if it affects someone on an emotional level, then I'm satisfied. I enjoy feedback of all kinds. Good, bad... doesn't matter. Be forewarned though that if you leave ...