The Twelve Tables Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,536 Followers

"Josh, thank God," Nik cried in relief. "Hurry up and open this thing," she shook the door. "Charles is going to regret doing this to me. How dare he treat me like a naughty slave girl. When I tell Papa how he treated me," she continued to rant as she shook the bars in frustration as Josh walked slowly into the dimly lit room.

"What will you tell Papa exactly?" Josh crossed his arms and made no move toward unlocking the cage. "Will you tell him that I gave you access to my account for emergencies only, and you abused that trust? Will you tell him how you disregarded my feelings because you didn't want me to take anyone but you to the events I was invited to at work? Will you tell him that not one of your siblings, not even me, came to speak to Charles on your behalf?"

"Josh just let me out already," Nik sounded slightly conciliatory. "I'll be nice to Peri and her mother, even though they said some truly hideous things to me," she huffed.

"I didn't like what you did to Peri, and I won't tell you it didn't affect me but Nik your absolute disregard of my feelings, what I wanted and needed in my life hurt. Here I was supporting you to do what you needed and live your life the way you wanted, and you couldn't do the same for me?" He shook his head. "Peri can look after herself. She begged me not to hold your actions against you. I cut you off, and I won't be letting you out of here because now I know you wouldn't lift a finger to help me. My whole life has been about what you wanted Nik, never what I wanted. If I let you out, you will keep trying to make me do things your way and right now I don't care what you want."

"Don't be stupid I would never hurt you, everything I did was for you!" Nik screeched at him angrily. "She won't handle life on the farm, and she will leave you just like Cherie left Dante. I was trying to save you!"

"Ten thousand dollars from my trust fund, as well as your family allowance and the credit card I paid for each month while I lived like a frigging pauper trying to save money for my own business? How is that all for me?" Josh raised his voice to equal hers.

"You said I could use it," she accused.

"For emergencies Nik, what emergency did you have every month that I don't know about?" he spat in reply. "Name even one that was a true emergency."

"You don't understand. I have an image and lifestyle to maintain. I can't be the owner of a fashion boutique and look like a hick. You wouldn't want me to live like that. I would look as bad as that cow you'refucking."

Josh took a deep breath and bit his tongue studying his sister silently. How had he not seen just how self-absorbed she had become?

"Josh stop pouting and let me out. You can't leave me here like this," She hissed at him.

"I didn't think I could either. I came down to let you apologise for hurting me so badly, and let you out," Josh said slowly and deliberately. "You aren't sorry, though, not for any of it, and I see that now. I couldn't understand why you would treat people so badly, but that is probably my fault for always giving in and doing what you wanted. We all have," he shrugged.

"As if! I've had to fight for everything I have. I worked hard to get where I am," she yelled. "I owe you nothing, and if you think I am going to apologise for your mistakes, you can think again. Just fucking let me out before Papa finds out how you wasted your trust fund, and you end up in the cell next to mine."

"It's too late Nik, he knows. We're going home tomorrow, congratulations you've fucked up both our lives," Josh said sadly. "I am sure you don't care about that either."

"I didn't do anything. This is all your fault. Wait 'til I tell Papa my side of the story," her voice had become hysterical as she screamed at him.

"Yes," he admitted, "I think it is my fault," he turned then and went upstairs turning off the light and shutting the door. He leaned back against the door listening for some minutes to the obscenities she screamed at him. She was totally irrational and despite himself, he worried about her fate.

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,536 Followers