They Walk Among Us Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Here's to Bravo guys, fair winds and following seas," Adam said, using the traditional Navy good-bye.

They all raised their shots and then slammed the empty glasses on the table. Bob Holiday ordered the next round and Martina went back to the bar. When she was gone, V-man stood up and excused himself.

"I don't know about you guys but my damn eyeballs are floating," he said.

"Now that you mention it V so are mine, I'll go with you so we're still using the buddy system," Kevin told him as he laughed.

The other seals agreed and Carl and Don joined them which left Adam Dawson and his team Chief alone at the table. Adam looked over to see if Martina was still busy and then turned to Bob with a serious face.

"Bob, first thing in the morning I want you to get an Intel guy to check out Miss Duval. Don't use the civilian spooks, make sure it's one of our guys," Adam told him.

"What's up Boss, you smelling something?" he said.

"Maybe, or it could be nothing, but something just doesn't add up about that one. Just make sure that you do it quietly, I don't want to draw any attention," he told him.

1000 hrs, Seal compound office spaces.

Adam Dawson sat behind his desk with his hands behind his head. He had a far off look in his eyes as he thought of his fellow Seal and friend, Peter Newman. He wondered if he was being kept alive for information or someone had just killed him somewhere else. He kept trying to piece together what Dvorska said about the area.

Nothing made sense as he dwelled on the scene. Animal prints all around and a few normal prints other than Bravo squads. It was inconceivable that an animal could take out an entire fire team, but how else could you explain the bodies. Adam had seen his fair share of dead bodies, but nothing even came close to the extent of the damage done to Bravo.

Then there was the way his point man was acting. Feeling the prints, comparing them to his hand, and he sure as hell didn't know why he would sniff the air. Kevin Dvorska was physically afraid of something out there. No, that couldn't be it, even though he was green when it came to the teams, he was still a Navy Seal. The thoughts tumbled in Adam's head and only one answer came up repeatedly, nothing made sense.

His thoughts were interrupted when Neal Hawkins entered the office. The fact that his superior came in was of no real significance, but having the CIA spook Johansson with him was. They took a seat across from Adam but none of the men said anything. Adam stared at the spook with contempt and even though he didn't mean to, the look carried over to Hawkins.

"I can see you're still pissed Adam. You and I both know that pulling you back was the right call," Hawkins said.

"It was the right call Neal, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Since Johansson is with you I assume you have some Intel," Adam said as he leaned forward in his seat.

"We have very little so far Lieutenant. One thing that we do know is Radovan Valenta is still in Predjama. We weren't sure if he'd be scared off with all the commotion that went on," the CIA officer said.

"I thought you guys would be looking for Pete, or don't you consider a missing Seal high priority," Adam said sarcastically.

"You know as well as I do Dawson that when we sign up for this, we accept the risks that come with the job. You don't like them -- quit," Johansson snapped back.

"That's funny I don't remember you taking any risks from that cozy little office. Then again maybe you do have certain hazards, I hear paper cuts can be brutal," Adam told him.

Neal Hawkins quickly stood up and moved to the side of Adam's desk.

"Alright you two, knock it off! We're not going to sit here and bagger each other because when you're done we're going to be back here with the same problems!" Hawkins screamed at them.

"I didn't start it Neal, you're teammate did," Johansson said as he glared at Dawson.

"Shut the fuck up Johansson, you sound like you're ten. Now Adam the reason we're in here is I got something for you. I know I told you to stand down for awhile but I need you and Bob Holiday to go on a special op for us," Hawkins said as he sat back down.

"I don't get it Neal, just two of us?" Adam asked.

"We think that if we go after Valenta with just two, we stand a better chance at nailing him. Also why you're there, see if you can find some Intel on where Pete might be. If you and Bob find something secure the area and wait for the rest of your team. The first part of the op is important, we need Valenta. I'm giving you the second part of it because I want Pete back as badly as you do," Hawkins explained.

"Two things, how are we going in," he asked.

"You and Bob will rent a car out of town and pose as an American researcher and his camera guy. You're contact is the CIA operative in town. She's undercover as the curator for Predjama castle. You two are doing a documentary of ancient castles in Europe. Johansson has all your papers and identification," he told him.

"Ok that sounds feasible, but since it's my op, my team, I want Dvorska with me," Adam told the two men.

"Are you nuts Dawson, that kid is green and we can't fuck around here. This op is pretty God damn important," Johansson said.

"Thanks for your input on my organizational skills Johansson. Neal, I'm telling you this kid is special. I don't know if it's some sort of gift or what but this kid is amazing, and if I get a chance to look for Pete I want Dvorska with me," Adam told them.

"Your team -- your call, I'll have the guys change the papers. I want you two heading out around 0400 hrs tomorrow morning. You'll be able to get there and join in on one of the daily tours. She'll put you up in the castle to make your story creditable," Hawkins said.

"Fine, I'll get the guys together and go over the op and equipment," Adam told them.

Once again, sorry for a short chapter. If you have made it this far, don't worry I am working the story around to come full circle. I hope you enjoyed this one and please don't forget to vote and let me know what you think. I can only get better.