All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 021'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Fools Gold

From the 2008 movie?

SirCarlSirCarlabout 8 years ago
Once again,

as with all of the previous chapters, will thought out, presented and written. Keep going,..

hardheadd1hardheadd1about 8 years ago
:-)

Gets better and better!!!!!

twistedromantic420twistedromantic420about 8 years ago
love it

Great story I only have one John NEEDS a science officer

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

"From the 2008 movie?"

No, from Iron Pyrite. :)

I haven't seen that movie yet.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

"Great story I only have one John NEEDS a science officer"

Got a thing for girls in lab coats? :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Master chief?

I get the feeling that John in full body armor plus helmet is sort of a Master chief.

Some artificial intelligence in the story won't be too far fetched as this is the future.

In any case with new armor, hardware and training the team should be ready to encounter hostiles pretty soon I'd imagine.

I always like it when the newer girls show some development, as in Calara learning ability and Jade's mentality, so please continue these lines.

Last great thing including the other sex genres (FFFF, MMF etc.) seamlessly in the story, keep it up and don't be afraid to experiment.

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

Chapter 22 is done and just being edited, Chapter 23 is in progress.

"In any case with new armor, hardware and training the team should be ready to encounter hostiles pretty soon I'd imagine."

A fight you say? Hmm, who knows what could happen. :)

FatherSinFatherSinabout 8 years ago
Looking forward to each new chapter.

A science officer might be fun.

sithonsithonabout 8 years ago
Wow that's fast turnaround for a new chapter.

I was thinking Johns next lover could be a doctor.

May be an amputee or someone with a major disability or much older than him to see if his semen has a restorative function as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Fantastic!

Another fantastic chapter with a good mix of sex and development.

Dana/Sparks has definitely become my favorite to see interact with John and I can see her becoming much kinkier with what they do together. Please keep the theme of submissiveness going between them and ramp it up even more!

Looking forward to more great writing, keep it up!

Timtom12Timtom12about 8 years ago
Addicting

I've even gone so far as to set up a cronjob to let me know when you've posted another story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Airlock

You've not gone back (yet) and covered the airlock recognition failure on Olympus that sparks/Dana and Calara encountered. It's almost as thought the fault just went away

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far.

Regarding the airlock: I haven't forgotten, they were just in a hurry to leave Gravitus after the attack. I'll come back to it later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Continuing to enjoy this immensely

I see you like technical sci-fi, such as rail guns and such, and in fact, you do seem to know a thing or two. I don't know whether that's just personal interest, or if you're into real engineering. Whatever the case, I'll give you some pointers right now. Trust me; I'm an engineer :)

For projectile weapons (rail gun, gaus, or old chemically propelled), these are the rules of thumb:

#1 - the faster the projectile goes, the greater the penetration it will make. I.E, it is effective against armor, and will dig deeper into armor. However:

#2 - the faster the projectile goes, the LESS damage it makes on non-armor targets! It will only leave a full penetration through the body, but the hole it leaves will be small. See, that's how I know that Dana Sparks (nice as a surname, eh?) actually made those new modified rifle rounds explosive. Why didn't you tell us she made those rounds explosive as well? Because that's the only way that shot would've made that big hole in the shooting dummy ;)

The most effective defense from projectile weapons are wide-area force-based fields that would deflect its trajectory - think like water, only we're talking about energy particles that impact the projectile. That, or thick or ablative armor that absorbs the shock.

Now, for particle/plasma weapons, some other rules apply. Plasma/particle weapon shoots a stream of charged ions or similar particles. The penetrative power is immense, and on microscopic level it behaves like a cutting torch. With that being said, the plasma does not "melt" anything, it pierces through material with its kinetic energy. Energy requirements for this weapon are immense, and heat is immense, too - greater than any rail gun or laser. But it's not "overheat while shooting" that we're talking about here; it's the innate heat of plasma. Plasma weapons must already be designed to combat the immense heat, so take that into consideration. Effective weapon range (where damage is feasible) is considered short-to-medium. Shielding that would be effective against this is a powerful form of electric field that traps/diverts ions. But this kind of field would become saturated quickly, thus losing its shielding capacity in sustained combat - hey, there's an idea against Kintark weapons, should John encounter some grumpy human-hating lizards!

Laser/beam. Invisible in space (often needs be said). Excellent point defense. Very short range. The only way to protect against energy weapon of this type is either a mirror surface to reflect it away, or a superconductor surface that would absorb it and divert it into capacitors. Standard sci-fi shields or fields cannot actually protect against this, because laser is essentially light, and light passes through energy shields and fields.

On that note, let me give you another piece of advice:

Stay away from too much technical explanation in the story itself. If you really do want to geek out a bit, then all the technical details on weapons, shields, tech, etc, should be done via conversation between two characters. That way, it seems less like an information dump. For instance, you may explain it like a conversation between Dana and Alyssa - where Alyssa would ask Dana on how things work, and then they talk about it.

So, that's it from me...

TeflerTeflerabout 8 years agoAuthor
Interesting feedback thanks!

I don't have an engineering background, I'm just interested in sci-fi really, but I try and do a little research to keep things at least partly grounded in reality.

Strangely enough, Alpha Centauri does have 3 suns for example, which is interesting enough not to need any kind of embellishing!

I do take a few bits of artistic license with the science, just to make things a bit cooler. :) Invisible laser beams wouldn't make for very interesting stories, with parts of ships just blowing up for seemingly no reason. I figure that in the 750 years from now until the story setting, someone would have come up with a way of making laser bolts visible to the naked eye!

I'm about half way through Chapter 23 at the moment, so hopefully I'll finish that by the weekend.

AurimazAurimazabout 8 years ago

Whoa... Sparks turned into Dana in a blink. And then she turned back. I'm confused. Joking :)

Seriously, watch what you write. And again - less sex, more plot.

RB1947RB1947over 7 years ago
I miss

Sparks. It's a much more memorable name than Dana. The girls seem to be evolving into one girl with different hair/skin color. I really liked the character of Sparks. I'll miss her.

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Family Settling In.

Would not be concerned about Dana/Sparks. Each of the girls are and will remain unique unto themselves.

EasynuhmanEasynuhmanabout 7 years ago
Solid Team building.

Preferred Sparks as well. Dana seems more...... grown up /classy with a mouth on her. (Should I wonder what the last name will be? I think we can all guess.) New enhanced tech is impressive. Bad souls better watch out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Please support Telfer via Patreon

We want him to have the ability to write more of these wonderful chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Story and Railgun

Really liking this story and the sci-fi aspects of it, one simple thing to note is that a silenced railgun is impossible because the speed that the projectile is traveling through the air is literally several times the speed of sound meaning there will be a large boom as the round breaks the sound barrier regardless of the sound dampening done to the chamber of the rifle. The only way the gun would be silenced is there is no atmosphere for the round to travel through.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sonic Boom...

I dislike when someone who doesn't fully understand what they are discussing incorrectly corrects another, such as the person claiming the rail gun would produce a loud sonic boom unless fired in a vacuum (no sound in a vacuum.) At first glance, this might ring true, BUT, and I am no expert, there are already supersonic rounds in use today, and although it is true weapons firing these rounds cannot be "silenced" as subsonic rounds currently are, they also do not produce huge sonic booms as say a fighter jet does. Again I am no expert and only "know" what supersonic rounds sound like from movie depictions, they are loud, but not jet fighter/sound barrier loud, which I am familiar with from living near where fighter jets trained.

I am guessing the loudness is related to the speed and the size of the object surpassing Mach 1, aka the speed of sound. Would a supersonic needle round produce a loud sonic boom?

EnjoysHugsEnjoysHugsover 6 years ago
Sonic boom

Bullets and all other items breaking the 'sound barrier' do indeed produce a sonic boom. Bullets are smaller than jet fighters hence the effect is less. This is most easily experienced with. . 22 long rifle rimfire rounds which are naturally just sub sonic. But with the vagaries of manifacuring tolerances the occasional round goes supersonic which makes an amazingly large amount of noise in comparison with normal rounds when it happens on an indoor gun range.

FatherSinFatherSinover 6 years ago
Sonic Boom

It might not be easy to explain but higher mach numbers SEEM to produce less powerful sonic booms. It is an effect of transience, energy boundary, and division of energy. The travel is so fast that the shockwaving edge is only in position to send a shock wave to your ear for a fraction of a second. At railgun speeds it is barely a pip if it creates any boom. The crossing through the shock zone is faster so the ramp of the sound is condensed. With multi mach the energy splits into several shock waves. One shot could sound like a burst. The energy is divided between those shock waves so each is less intense. The first often numbs the ear to the less powerful following sonic shock. The effect is like driving over bumps. If the first bump is big, your suspension isn't recovered for the others and you might float over them with a general sense that the first bump just upset your suspension worse than it actually did. Multi Mach shockwaves upset your ear the same way unless you are hearing them from a distance.

These rounds are so fast they might create an ultrasonic ping that would not even concsiously register as sonic booms, at least to human ears.

Bimike43Bimike43over 6 years ago
Really? Making weird techie comments about fantasy weapons

Please chill out and stop insisting you know more about the technology and physics of a fantasy universe. Complaining about the size of a sonic boom and skipping over issues of alien tech, future tech, ALIEN nymphs..and all the rest ...to assert you somehow know more about handheld rail guns? Dude... you gotta relax!

StaukerStaukerabout 6 years ago
BiMike43

...

*Opens mouth, decided against long rant , closes mouth*

......

I enjoy reading all these theories. Yes, this is science FANTASY, but remember: SCIENCE fantasy. Nitpicking the energy shields being formed from a single generator in the rear of the ship as opposed to multiple smaller generators hidden all over the vessel, or the friction present in the vacuum of Tefler space, or the physics of sound waves is what the comment sections are for.

-> stauker

taco1085taco1085about 5 years ago
wow

so love this story.... the girls are getting access to powers they did not know they would have and also getting so creative and their personalities are really starting to develop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Catholic School Girl Stereotype?

Okay

I kept giving you 5’s but you are running out of ways-to-make-it-interesting-when-one-older-guy-with-a-magic-cock-is-fucking-four-marginally-legal-babes

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Gotta agree with Anon 08/17/19: the sex scenes are, uh, boring. Same thing, over and over and over. Mildly interesting for sure, but they should take up way less of each chapter. I hate to be critical of anything to do with this great story, but really, maybe you could go into a LOT less detail on the sex? Unless it's something new, maybe keep it to a paragraph or two? Thanks.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 4 years ago
To Anon, regarding 'boring' sex scenes.

If you don't enjoy the sex scenes, just skim ahead if you want, but they are an important part of the story, tying together the physical and emotional closeness of the characters. The title of the story after all is 'Three Square Meals', referring to the fact that John feeds the girls 3 meals of cum in order to induct them into his 'harem', so you should really just accept that there will be sex scenes. Furthermore, giving critical advice about how to deal with the 'issues' that you see aren't critical to the story when there are over 100 further chapters already written just seems pointless. Enjoy it or don't read it.

This is my second read through of the story, which I've followed up to it's current chapter 126 and even though there are some things you might not think are relevant they all add to the story and character development, and having fore-knowledge of what is to come I wouldn't change a thing. It's all good, really.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loving the Sci-fi story but

The sex has become one note, and easily read. I'm guessing the writer is a guy, not that it matters but it's aimed at men. It's like the same darn thing sex wise every time. No foreplay just wam bam thank you mam. Shoved his huge dock in a hole and cums pints of it. I will of course continue to read as the writing is very good. But how many times can you see the same thing over and over and it becomes ho hum. Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Haha, She actually did it. Dana is a whole R & D Division on two legs. 🤯

This crew is now out of this world. 🚀 The Galaxy had better Watch Out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"Learnt" is NOT a fucking word!!!!

I still gave you 4 stars but its "learned".

TeflerTeflerover 3 years agoAuthor

"Learned" might be the preferred variant in America and Canada, but in the rest of the English speaking world, "learnt" is the correct past tense of "learn".

As you may or may not be aware, I'm English, and therefore use the original versions of many words our colonies have adapted. Armour, valour, sceptical, apologise, colour, grey, defence, practice... there are dozens of differences in the written versions of our shared language and you'll get to see them all in this story. :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Toma-y-to Tom-a-to, Dialects change from region to region

The English language has been bastardised throughout the lands that has recognised it as the easiest one to pronounce and spell, the individual countries spelling is open to debate. Learnt is the correct form here in Australia as well.

MrViixMrViixalmost 3 years ago

I'm absolutely loving this series! It's like it was written for hentai. Also, my apologies, but I don't comment on every chapter, though every chapter gets a well-deserved five stars.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Something that I learned watching the History channel,.. Winston Churchill famous quote, "The United States and Great Britain are two countries that are separated by a common language." -- Dandy Lion, "ain't it the truth?" ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well i am german and lovethis storyline. Sometimes too much extended sex, but knowing where to find this story it is certanly ok ;-) as an german i was learning english in school many jears ago and it is quiet comfortable recegnising english instead american. Thank you Tefler for the efford you put in this story - and by its extended way - i am in hope to find an closed storyline someday instead one more eample like many others never finishd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Rediscovered this series, previously stopped seeing new chapters posted so gave up as an abandoned series.

Started again, hard-core sci-fi it's not, but fun and engaging it definitely is. There are even Tyranids (Warhammer 40k), a decent amount of tech and a good storyline. It's even in well written English. My only criticism, and I agree with the German respondent, is the sex (so far) can get a bit drawn out and repetitive, while some of the action is "found the bad guys, killed them, rescued X and went home." Still, can't hand around, 118 chapters more to read :-)

Strand

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, good fun to read. I just want to point out some small things to be corrected, even if the series is already finished. In space, to fly and test the dropship, you do not need to bring the attack cruiser to a halt, as the dropship will already carry the intrinsic velocity of the cruiser, and relative to the dropship, the cruiser will not be moving at all, provided the cruiser is not accelerating. common misconception due to air resistance, but that isn't a thing in space. Minor nitpicks, but overall good story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Re: dropship

While the description about the intrinsic velocity would be accurate under normal conditions (actual real space physics), I suspect that hyper warp (Tefler physics) works a bit differently. How two ships in hyper warp interact (in Tefler physics) in made clear in a later chapter. 🙂

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not sure if it has been caught so far, but you use "Dana" once too soon, during the love scene prior to her actual announcement:

> "Very much." Dana purred. "I wish you could stay inside me all the time!"

Regardless, this is a great chapter of a remarkable series. 5* as always.

LevindlLevindlover 1 year ago

I want to point out, that it seems that negative comments come from people who hide behind being anonymous rather than using their names.

If you have something to say negatively, at least have the balls to put your name in front of it! Even if it’s supposed to be constructive criticism like some people are doing stating that their science fiction physics is better than the authors, is all still theory and you are hiding behind being anonymous when doing so.

Stop using anonymous as a way to hide behind what you want to say if it’s negative in any manner! It’s unbecoming and lacks any form of honor.

Daniel

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The name "Dana" gets used about 1/2 page ahead of when Sparks announces she has selected the "new name". I might behoove the author to make the proper correction (although I don't know if the Literotica authorities allow you to make editorial changes post submission - ...they should!)

It bothered me when this passage came up: "Very much." Dana purred. "I wish you could stay inside me all the time!"

skippersdadskippersdadover 1 year ago

Great job keep it up.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Sparks / Dana is such a gain for the crew but John still hasn't asked Jade about her abhorrence to firing guns.

texstertexsterabout 1 year ago
Sci-Fi minutia

I am all for sci-fi discussions and debate in the comments section! It’s the Mark of a great series that people take the time to think through the real world possibilities and care enough to postulate & defend their assertions. Go read the comments sections of any Star Trek or Star Wars site and see.

I learned to love astrophysics from the early bulletin boards in the pre-Internet days, when I would point my 1200 baud modem to a sci-fi BBS and read and post.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 year ago

first Dana comes up with rail guns, now improved body armor, .... our heroes are on their way to greatness, ... ;-) TTFN

ranec1ranec1about 1 year ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Just don't use armour piercing unless you're trying to take out a tank!" she laughed.

ranec1ranec19 months ago
WHERE IS IT!!

patiently waiting for the yellow N

Demented917Demented9176 months ago

Good stuff.

But going back to a pervious chapter, did the girls get the issue of the inability of them to open the DNA locks? Remember, John was the only one that could.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith5 months ago

... ***spoiler alert*** ... later on, Doctor Rachel Voss confirms that the girls DNA did change, thanks to updates from John's psychic spunk, .... they will then know to update the data base each time after John gets busy, .... and Rachel also finds out some more interesting stuff, .... see, they really did need a doctor on board, not just for when they want babies, ... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith2 months ago

Wow, Dana (Sparks) just got her new, top of the line, Workshop up and running, .... and she has already tripled the fire power of their rifles (railguns now) and cut the weight and dressing time for to don a Phalanx suit of body-armor, ... just these improvements would make her a few million credits if she'd contact McCarran Arms, and Steinbeck Armoury, ... she's amazing, especially now that she has the proper tools, ... thanks John, ... ;-) ttfn

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES