Time for School Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Somehow I just knew ... I was eventually going to get my answers.

The next morning, upon my approach to the bus stop, I found Sofia standing there watching my arrival. She grinned from ear to ear as I neared, walking up to me and hugging me under my arms. I smiled happily, hoping there weren't too many eyes staring at us. Since it was such a small group, though, I wouldn't be surprised if they all were. She let her arms fall away from me, looking at me with an elated grin.

"Someone got up on the right side of bed this morning," I joked. She softly giggled.

"Yes, I did," she replied.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Very well," she said with a hint of suggestiveness. "I almost got in huge trouble yesterday when my parents got home."

"Why's that?"

"Well, they wondered why there was a cup left on the kitchen counter. I had to lie and tell them I did it, even though it's something I never do. Then, they wanted to know why I was doing laundry at such a weird time. They also wanted to know why I took a shower randomly as well and why two towels were used."

"Wow," I remarked in surprise. "Your parents are really attentive ... and suspecting. I really did not think about any of that stuff. I'm sorry you had to lie to your parents."

"It's fine. They didn't ground me or anything, but I did get yelled at over the cup and the towels. I really don't mind it, because I didn't want them to find out. I wanted to always remember how amazing that time we shared was, not that I got busted for it afterward."

"I can understand that. After all - I was there." The two of us then grinned at each other as she had another small giggle. I then glanced over and saw her bestie staring pretty intensely at us. "Looks like your friend might be getting a little impatient," I said to Sofia.

"Oh, that's just her being her. Don't worry, I didn't tell her about anything that happened yesterday. Bu~t, I think she might have a suspicion." She then glanced to her friend and then back to me. "Anyway, I should get back to her. I'll see you later, Anthony."

"See ya, Sofia," I replied before she smiled and walked back to accompany her friend.

That was a really pleasant start to my morning. It was more than enough to get my mind off of any freaky, robed, time people – at least for a little while.

The bus soon rolled to a stop before us and swiftly whisked us off to school. At the front of school grounds, I found Eve sitting in her usual spot. She peered an eye up, almost sensing that I was approaching and greeted me with a warm smile. She then gave me an equally warm hug and a quick kiss on the cheek. The two of us shared a usual morning chat before I headed off to get myself some breakfast. Afterward, I walked outside to see my friends. Nora immediately got to her feet when she saw me approaching them. She rushed up to me to greet me with a huge hug. I hugged her back, a bit confused.

"Nora?" I asked, looking to the guys.

"Just go with it, man," Frank quietly said, waving his hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked Nora. She sighed heavily in content, looking up at me with a smile.

"I am now," she said. "I really am. ... Thank you so much for standing up for me yesterday. You don't know how much it meant to me."

I smile warmly, understanding now what this was all about.

"You don't have to thank me," I reassured her.

"Yes, I do," she quickly replied. "You were so cool yesterday. You're really ... the coolest guy I know. ... I really like you a lot."

I was taken aback by that confession. I didn't quite know how to respond.

"Um ...," I awkwardly uttered. It didn't take long for her to realize what I was thinking.

"Oh, no!" she quickly exclaimed. "I don't mean it like that. I mean I really like you as a friend," she explained further. "Really, you're a wonderful friend to me – you always have been. Thank you."

I smiled again and nodded to her. I wasn't sure I'd be able to requite her feelings if she had actually confessed something much deeper than just friendship.

"Anytime," I calmly said.

Nora then gave me a friendly kiss on the cheek before settling back into our embrace. I looked over at the other guys who all grinned and gave me two thumbs up. I smiled and rolled my eyes, giving a thumbs up back to them. Still, it was pretty great to get such warm hugs from three female friends in one morning. But soon, the bell to begin school rang and the two of us were forced to part ways.

"See you at lunch," Nora said, smiling.

"I will be there," I nodded to her before she headed back to get her backpack. We all then headed off in our own directions for our first period.

First period was more of the same that day – simple, efficient, brief. In second period, I got to chat a little with Tamara and soak up her sunny smile. I also got a good punch in the arm from Elizabeta on our way together to third period. There, I chatted it up with all of my new female friends, including Sofia. It was a rarity to get to talk to her in class, since she was usually so focused on her work. She gave me another tight hug before heading off to her seat on the other end of the room.

Of course, I was always happy when lunch rolled around. Not only because, well, food, but also because it gave me a chance to talk to my friends after what happened in school yesterday. Nora informed me that she hadn't spoken to Jason since 'the incident' and that he chose to completely avoid her when she spotted him in the hallway. I could only smile and nod my head proudly. The less interaction he had with Nora, the better. All throughout, the guys were teasing me by making kissing faces and pointing to Nora when she had her focus on me. Although their actions were childish and immature, I was ecstatic that things felt as natural and back to normal as they were – like before the whole 'time stopping' thing had begun.

It was in fourth period that I had a deeper conversation than usual with my two female friends therein. After I'd gotten settled in, Jordan and Sarah walked into class. They headed past me, Sarah giving me an almost reassuring squeeze upon my shoulder. I was taken aback by the gesture, turning to the two as they sat down.

"Hey," I curiously greeted them. "What's up?"

"Just wanted to know if you're okay," Sarah asked. "You weren't yourself yesterday."

"Yeah," I replied with a sigh. "I had to deal with this guy. He was my friend's boyfriend and, well, ... I saw him hit her."

Both of them were shocked.

"My god!" Sarah exclaimed. "Is she okay?"

"She's doing better now, but ... I can tell she's still heartbroken."

Jordan humphed and shook her head in disgust. "Did you at least knock his ass out?"

"Yes, I did," I replied with a confident nod.

"Good," she replied with a smirk. "I'm proud of you." I chuckled softly.

"Don't worry," Sarah chimed in. "We'll treat you to pizza again as a congratulations."

"Thanks," I said, smiling happily. It felt really nice to know I had those two on my side.

Sarah shook her head. "No need to thank us. That was really cool of you to stand up for your friend like that."

"Good job, slugger," Jordan playfully added.

I then turned around, trying to keep myself from busting out laughing. The praise they'd given me elated my spirits to the point where I found Jordan's little nickname for me hilarious. I instead let out a deep, happy sigh and got to focusing on my work presented to us by the gorgeous Ms. Adanna.

The rest of the day was enjoyably uneventful. I was glad to have normality shine through all the chaos that had happened in my life over the past week and a half. Now that all the dust was beginning to settle, I was left with a lot of new friends as well as my inexplicable yet extraordinary new superpowers. I felt like I was finally able to comprehend, absorb and adapt to all the change. I was in a good place in my life once more, finding a state of tranquility. Nothing was able to disrupt my high spirits or shake the foundation of my mind any further.

Well, nothing except for the mystery surrounding the people in black robes.

The bus ride home was enjoyable. So was the walk back home. Sofia took the opportunity to wrap her arms around one of my own, her head rested comfortably on my shoulder as we walked side by side. The affectionate gesture really just melted my heart and made me feel like my life had truly become something quite amazing. It was fortunate that Sofia and I found ourselves on the elevator alone together as usual. It gave her the opportunity to pull me in for a deep, warm embrace and to share a wonderfully intimate kiss with me.

Once the doors opened, I departed from her company. She had a big grin upon her face as she watched me leave. I knew she felt incredibly satisfied to have finally spoken up and made her own fantasy come true. Of course, I couldn't say I'd come away with nothing out of it myself.

That night, I found myself lying calmly upon my bed, idly tossing a crumpled sheet of paper to the ceiling. It was amazing how normal things felt for me after less than two wild weeks of non-stop up's and down's. I ended up with over half a dozen unforgettable sexual experiences with members of the opposite sex that I'd absolutely fawned and fantasized relentlessly over. On top of that, I managed to best one of my most despised bullies and get him to back off from harming one of my best friends any further. I actually found the drive to pay attention to my schoolwork, and though I might've been getting ahead of myself, I already felt my grades starting to climb.

My life had done a complete one-eighty ... and yet it felt so normal.

I was happy. Although I'd always been a happy person, overall I just felt so much more ... satisfied. It wasn't purely because of just having sex, but the fact that the bonds and the friendships I formed, both new and old, were so ultimately satisfying. Being able to finally express myself in ways I could've only dreamed was equally satisfying. I mean, heck, I basically walked up to my teacher and admitted I found her drop-dead gorgeous. That alone made me feel incredibly liberated. I got to learn how much fun the people around me were - like Talia and Elizabeta, and even Jennifer.

I then wondered if I actually deserved all this.

There was no doubt within me that my incredible powers brought about incredible confidence. But ... was that a side-effect of the powers or was that always inside of me all along? Did I really deserve to feel, I dunno, this lucky? I suppose luck can happen to anyone. Then again, it wasn't luck that I managed to be charming and entertaining enough for Eve to enjoy talking to me. It wasn't luck that I stood up to Jason and got him to back off of putting his hands on Nora. Could I really say I 'won the lottery' out of this? Maybe this was some sort of evolution for me.

So where the hell did mysterious men in black robes fit into this evolution?

My powers couldn't have just come out of nowhere. What if these mysterious guys ... gave them to me? Maybe they're like a 'Justice League' or something and I'm some kind of new superhero they want to recruit. Then again, I did feel that I got an overwhelmingly negative vibe from them.

Then, I gasped with an almost child-like wonder sparkling in my eyes. Maybe they were supervillains I had to take down! I curiously stroked my chin and got goosebumps at the very idea. I bet I'd need a cape and some kind of spandex suit to wear. ... Nah. Maybe the cape part, though. Capes are pretty awesome.

I then carelessly threw the paper ball to the side, managing to hit the wall like a backboard to sink it into the trash. I sat up on the edge of my bed with a content sigh. Overall, maybe this evolution was meant to make me a better person. I certainly felt better - both physically and spiritually. I felt better about everything and everyone around me. I managed to overcome the temptation to brag about my powers and everything I'd accomplished in such a short amount of time. I managed to stay true to myself in the face of fear, anger, sadness and confusion. I managed to get past the rough spots and come out better than before.

I could've caused so much havoc and chaos with any of my newfound powers, yet I chose not to. That's not what I wanted. I wanted to continue to be the guy with the secret superpowers and not have to just use them for personal gain or flaunt over it like an arrogant jerk. I enjoyed being me. Because, in the end, that's all I really had.

The rest of the week rolled on by and, finally, the weekend had come. With the weekend also came the start of the winter break, so I was rolling on high spirits. I was thankful to take a break from school and get a couple weeks off to just do anything I wanted. Thanks to my powers, 'anything I wanted' entailed literally anything. First thing was first, however, and that was to get some well-deserved rest in. I woke up nice and late like I liked to do on Saturdays and just soak up the satisfying feeling of having to do nothing at all.

I loafed around in bed for a good while, just letting my brain rot to the Saturday morning shows I always watched. I then decided to get up and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. It was late enough in the morning that I decided to just have a big lunch as my first meal of the day. I hopped on the computer and chatted with my friends to catch up with the latest goings-on of the internet. I checked the time, noticing it was a little past noon. I walked away to go put on a bathingsuit and some sunscreen. I was going to head out to the pool for a while and just chill out in the water. Aside from the fact that I always loved going to the pool, I was getting a funny sense in my head urging me to go out there. I shrugged, figuring it was better to listen to my superhuman senses by that point.

I slipped on some sandals and made my trek out the door, down the hall, and out onto the pool deck. It was always really convenient to have the pool deck on the same floor I lived on. It was warm out, sunny and with a mostly clear sky. A perfect day to go swimming. As I strode on down to the pool itself, I noticed the shouting of a young girl. The voice was grating, almost yappy and yet oddly familiar.

"¡Mami!" I heard her call out "¡Mami!!" Once I was close enough, my eyes nearly popped out of my head in surprise. It was Elizabeta, of all people. I set down my towel and slipped off my sandals at an empty table under the shade of one of the awnings.

"Hey, I recognize that shrieking voice," I said as I casually walked up to the pool's steps. She turned to me with an annoyed, huffy look on her face. That expression quickly turned to surprise just as mine did when she recognized me.

"Oh, my god!" she exclaimed. "What are you doing here?!"

"I live here," I replied, stepping down into the perfectly tempered water of the pool's shallow end with her. "Just felt like hanging out in the pool for a bit."

"Wow," she remarked, sitting down on the steps while I began to wade around in the water. "Damn, that's a coincidence. Good timing."

"I'd say," I said with a chuckle. "So, what brings you here?"

"I came with my mom to visit some old friend of hers or whatever. She said there was a pool here so I said 'Hell yeah, I'm in.' Not in those words, of course. She hates it when I swear."

I laughed as I idly floated in a seated position with my legs out.

"Oh, if she could hear what my ears have heard."

She grinned, gritting her teeth almost threateningly behind it. She tried to intimidate me by floating closer to me.

"But you're not going to tell her, because I'll break your fucking shins. Right?"

"Comprende," I replied with a slight smile. I couldn't argue against someone as tough as her.

"Bueno," she said, easing back a bit and smirking arrogantly. "Looks like that dumb little Spanish class you have is working out. Taught you at least one word."

"One word more than what I knew before," I stated.

She shook her head in disbelief.

"Still can't believe I ran into you anywhere outside of school. It's pretty cool." She then idly looked over my chest as I stood up for a moment. "You didn't tell me you work out."

I had to actually refresh myself on my new physique, looking down at the water rolling gently down my abs.

"Oh, well, you know. ... Gotta keep in shape."

She humphed in intrigue. "Well, you have a pretty good shape. Not a very big shape, but ... it's nice. It works for your shortness."

I scoffed. "Uhh, last time I checked, you're shorter than me."

"Oh yeah?" she threateningly asked, quickly making her way up to me.

"Yeah!" I shot back, grinning at her. She suddenly leapt up and used all of her weight to push me down under the water. I laughed under the water and easily fought my way back up to the surface.

"Now who's shorter?!" she exclaimed as she stood tall over me.

Well, there was no way I was going to let that one slide. She shrieked when I suddenly pulled her legs out from under her, causing her to splash down.

"Hey!" she shouted in a rage, angrily splashing me as I laughed. "Ugh! I was trying to keep my hair dry, you pendejo!"

"You fired the first shot," I replied with a big grin. "I just returned fire." She growled as she briefly wrung some of the water out of her long, sable hair. She shook her hair around and then folded her arms across her chest. I continued to grin at her, which caused her sour expression to gently lighten up.

"You know," she said as she sat down on the steps again, "I don't remember you being so ... fun. Usually you just like to keep to yourself, papi. Lately you've been pretty fucking awesome."

I was humbled by the fact that she actually gave me words of praise for once - in her own, unique way.

"Just trying to break out and let loose more," I explained. She smiled in response.

"Dawg, I like it."

"Oh, I'm your dawg now?" I asked with intrigue. She watched me as I began to slowly drift from one side of the shallow end to the other.

"Yeah, maybe like a little, short one, ya' know. Like a chihuahua."

I smirked as she laughed at her own joke.

"I'll let it slide cause we've known each other for a while."

She gasped softly. "We seriously have though. It's almost scary. I remember in middle school you were ... pretty fucking crazy, actually. I liked hanging out with you for a little while."

"Yeah, but then you traded me in for better friends."

"Yeah man, I'm sorry about that. I realize I made a mistake there. I was pretty fucking crazy myself, you know that."

"Very crazy," I responded, both of us grinning. "I still thought you were super cute, though. ... I still do."

Her grin suddenly got a lot bigger, snickering almost in embarrassment. "I think you're cute, too, papi. It's nice having you around. And, by the way, they weren't better friends." I was humbled by her remark, nodding in thanks. "Hey, remember in middle school we had history class in that big auditorium thing?"

I let out a quick, boisterous laugh. "Oh, yeah. I had a lot of fun in that class."

"I remember you used to shout 'Hey!' really loud and the teacher would get so pissed and look around to see who did that."

"I got caught a few times, too," I recalled with a casual shrug. "Still didn't make it any less fun."

"I thought it was pretty funny," she also recalled, smiling.

She continually surprised me with how ... friendly she was being. It was a different side of her that I didn't get to enjoy all that much. But at that moment, I was soaking it up.

I then recalled my own memory. "I remember, one time this year, you walked into one of the desks real gracefully and went 'Ow, my boobie!'"