Time for Truth Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Clarence, where are you? Michael sent as an eerie feeling enveloped him. Something was not right. He felt something shift inside his Beta.

Michael, I am fine. I need to do this. They need to answer, Michael. Had I asked permission, you would have refused. So I'm not asking. Clarence replied.

Clarence, they might hurt you. You could be killed. I'm ordering you to come back home. No Were could disobey an order from their Alpha, to do so would automatically destroy the alpha bond, leaving them without a pack, or rogue. Michael knew this, and that's why he issued it. Clarence would never willingly break their bond.

Alpha, please. Let me do this. Clarence pleaded.

I want them to pay too, but we don't need war Clarence. If they hurt you, I'm declaring war. With Benny and the others here, you know the vampires will get involved and everyone loses. So for me, just this once, please stand down. Michael commanded.

Fine, I'll be back in two days. Clarence agreed.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Brandy asked as she waddled into his office. The sight of his mate, so heavy with their son, made Michael smile.

"It's nothing. I don't want you worrying, OK." He answered kissing her temple.

Brandy wrapped her arms around him. She inhaled his scent, and it grounded her. She was worried. The boys had gone home for the weekend, but she felt something was about to happen. "Talk to me Michael. Tell me what is wrong." She pleaded.

Michael had never lied to her and he wouldn't now, "Clarence wants to confront Jael. I ordered him home." He exhaled. "They need to pay Brandy. What they did to Nina cannot go unpunished."

"Baby, it happened decades ago. I know you are angry, and part of you blames yourself. But if you declare war on Jael, who loses?" Brandy sked. "We are happy. We will have our son in a few weeks. Don't make me have to raise him without his father. He needs his Uncle Clarence around too."

Michael started to speak, but Brandy wasn't finished, "The vampires are watching them. Remember what Javon said. If they harm another person, human or wolf, they will destroy them." Brandy reminded him.

Michael closed his eyes. He knew what she said was true, but he also understood what Clarence said. If they continued to say nothing it was as if they were saying the Jael Pack was right, and they were not. However, he would stand down for now. He would wait.

*****

Meanwhile in Loess Falls something strange happened. Phillip felt Michaels distress. He looked at his family they were unchanged, unmoved. He searched for his bond with Javon to find that it was gone. He had a new Alpha. He was now a member of Thane. "Dad, I'll be back. I need to talk to Alpha Javon." Phillip explained as they drove back into the compound. Javon was in his office. He was saddened at losing a pack member, but also happy that the bond with Thane was growing stronger.

"I'm sorry Alpha Javon, can I speak with you for minute." Phillip entered his office, clearly agitated and worried.

Elise was there, and she hugged him, and told Javon she'd be back. "Alpha Javon, our bond, it's..." Javon smiled, "You are part of Thane now Phillip. I suspected this on my visit, but I didn't ant to sway you. You are happy there. I've seen it. And you will make a fine Beta within his pack."

"Wait, what do you mean you knew? I know I caused some problems, but Alpha I've changed,. I'm trying to do right. You don't have to release me from... This is my home, Mom, Dad, all of my family is here. Please Alpha Javon, I know I embarrass you, just give me another chance." He pleaded on the verge of tears.

"Son, I never broke our bond. It transferred to a new Alpha. You are one of mine and will always be, but your destiny is to be part of the Thane Pack. Besides, you love being in California, much more than here. I've seen it Phillip. You must live your life, start anew. Besides, I'm sure that Michael is overjoyed at acquiring such a strong junior beta. This is good, Phillip. This is right. You can come see us anytime you need to, we are not saying goodbye. We will be here, no matter what. I don't have to worry about you getting out of hand again. You respect Michael, and you need his guidance." Phillip nodded.

"I need to tell my family then. Will you?" he hesitated.

"Son, you don't have to ask. I'll be there with you." Javon assured him. The two talked a bit more and then Phillip had to get ready for the party.

"Oh and Phillip, don't let me catch you trying to kiss my baby girl," Javon laughed, "Yea, I saw you watching her. As a Dad, it's might right to warn guys off, especially playboys." Phillip blushed, because he definitely planned to get some alone time with Miss Aria Janet Loess.

Phillip grinned, "Well Alpha, warning heeded. Besides, I owe the lovely Desda and Marisol a first kiss." "I wonder if Marisol will run off to California with me," he teased.

Javon laughed, "Hell no, and BJ would beat the crap out of you. Besides, her ..."Javon paused. He wasn't about to reveal the secret of Marisol's mate to the young male with him. It wasn't his business. He exhaled, "Now we will need extra security at this party. You interested?"

Phillip laughed and relaxed. He and Javon left his office and Javon went to the community hall where the pack was setting up. Javon looked around as Lakota and Levin joined him. Javon felt old. Two of his pack members shared a birthday and both were eighteen now. Desda was beautiful and outspoken. She would go far. Marisol was so sweet and shy, it was almost crippling for her. She wasn't the one he was worried about. She would be fine, her father, BJ, would have a hard time letting go. Javon smiled, he'd actually met her mate, a young man from Lakota's pack. He was nice enough, and he had a wicked sense of humor. He was just what the shy, introverted girl needed.

He and the Gaines Alphas talked and they agreed to wait and let nature take its course. As long as his presence did not cause Marisol any harm they would allow him to approach. Now the three of them would draw straw to see who would deal with BJ.

Javon laughed. He understood how BJ felt. His little girl had guys sniffling around her for a few years now. She had not met her mate yet, but he would be more accepting than most fathers. Or so he thought.

*****

Benny was spending time with Nickie, Theo, Javier. Jonathan popped in and the four spent time talking. The three boys seemed to love teasing Nickie, but as her big brother, Benny shut them down quickly. They apologized and the four enjoyed their time together. Soon the three guys wanted to go work on their fort, and Nickie wanted to listen to music, so Benny decided to check on Rosita.

He found her with Aunt Jules. She seemed down. He smiled; he'd talk to her and find a way to cheer her up. "Hey Aunt Jules. Can I spend some time with my lovely cousin? We need to catch up."

Hearing and seeing Benny made Rosita smile. "Marisol isn't here; she walked the twins to..." Benny stopped her. "I meant time with my coolest cousin, you. Come on girl, lets go for a walk."

Rosita looked at Momma and Julianne laghed, "Go on, have fun you two."

The two walked out and Benny pounced immediately. "So, what's this I'm hearing about you liking Kevin's little brother?"

"Oh no, not Kyle, who told you that. I don't like him. He's such a baby." Rosita declared. Benny fell over laughing. "That's right. I have to approve and no guy is good enough for my cousins."

"You jerk, that was mean." Rosita added laughing.

She relaxed and she and Benny spent the next two hours together talking about everything and nothing at the same time. Soon, he walked her home and decided to see if his Mom or Dad needed anything. He'd talk with Mari later.

*****

Marisol stayed at Kyra's for a while after Malcolm drove the girls to school. He also drove Jayden and Kayla back to the alpha home. Before leaving, Malcolm kissed Kyra and showered her with love through their mate bond. He sensed that Marisol needed time alone with her aunt. He giggled at the chatter the younger ones shared. Jayden joined right in.

As Marisol visited with her Aunt, she started to ask about Zeke, but stopped. Kyra suspected something was bothering her, so she waited.She needed to recognize her mate on her own and not be lead. However, soon Marisol went on to other topics, and didn't mention him. She told her aunt that she was buying a new dress for her party. Kyra recalled her eighteenth birthday, and the leather ensemble she chose. Marisol was about to declare her independence, and she suspected that many would see that her niece was now a woman. She recalled her brother's reactions at her party. Malcolm wouldn't leave her side, and BJ had a fit. Momma had to intervene to calm him down. She smiled, If big brother thought having sisters was rough, wait until he sees that his baby isn't a baby anymore.

Marisol was talking about the events of her day, and not aware of her aunt's musings. Kyra sent to Celia, She's going shopping for a special dress. Be on big brother alert. Warn Jules Celia laughed. She knew exactly how BJ would react. The fur would fly, and he'd probably cover her with blankets and challenge any males that noticed.

She has met her mate. She has no idea that he is hers. He'll be there tonight too. Kyra added.

I know, the Gaines beta, right? Celia queried. Does BJ have any idea?

No he doesn't. He sees her as his baby. I'm heading to work. Let's meet for lunch, ok? KYra suggested.

OK, I'm calling Momma and Jules. We need to ready and in full force. Besides, after what he did at our parties, I will not let him ruin Mirisols. Celia declared emphatically.

You're right. I still have nightmares. Kyra replied, shuddering at the memories of her brother and his friends corralling all of the boys at her party into a corner and daring them to move. Only Malcolm was allowed near her. Kyra reminded her sister about lunch and then ended their conversation.

Marisol stopped and waited for her aunt to finish. Soon, both women noticed the time, and Kyra had to go to work. "You have to go to work, now? I'm going home; I want to clean up so Momma won't have to. Desda and I are not going to school today, so we have a free day to do as we please." Marisol smiled.

"Well, sweetheart enjoy your day. While you're at it, sneak over and take a peek at a certain guy you failed to mention this morning," Kyra teased. Marisol blushed. How did she know I was thinking about Zeke?

Mari was excited. She needed something new, something that said "Look at me, world. Here I come!" Desda called and asked what time did she want to go to the shopping center. The two girls decided to go early to avoid the crowd and they both would buy killer outfits. Desda knew what she wanted, but Mari was unsure. "Girl, relax. Listen, we are 18 now, grown." She exclaimed, dancing around. Mari watched her outspoken friend twist her hips and swing her hair. A part of her wished she wasn't so shy. "Tonight is our night. They love to think we are little girls but we are both full grown. It's our time to show them."

Mari smiled and thought of one man. What would he think if she showed up wearing a skin-tight skimpy outfit? One that screamed to the world, I AM WOMAN! Then she saw it, the perfect outfit, a royal blue bodice with navy base and royal lace. Next to it was a navy mini skirt. Desda saw where she was looking and screamed with glee.

Papa would have a fit. She placed the royal blue and navy skirt back on the rack. Desda teased, "Are you gonna be a baby forever?"

Mari sighed, "No Desda, I just won't disrespect my parents."

"Mari loosen up. Come on you are so stressed. You are leaving for college in less than two months. You have to make a splash. Come on try it on. Look, wear the blue outfit. What's the worst that can happen?" Desda asked.

Mari thought for a moment. They would be at the party, and he wouldn't ban her tonight. People often saw her as a little girl, but she was not a child anymore. She'd buy the outfit and wear it. What was the worst that could happen? She followed Desda and they both chose an outfit. Donning the outfit, Mari looked at her reflection. She was amazed at how the dress hugged her curves. She looked amazing. The bodice cinched at her waist, lifting her bust line, giving her buxom am ample appearance.

"Come on, let me see," Desda called. Mari stepped out and Desda was speechless. "Dayum Mari, you look good. You have to buy this and wear it tonight." She added. "Wait; let me try on my outfit." Desda vanished and Mari went back to change into her jeans and top. Desda came out and Mari had to admit she was hot. She told her so and the two girls made the decision to buy the outfits.

Poppa, will not like this. He would never approve. I'll talk to Momma. She will help keep him calm. she thought.

Marisol was pleased with her purchase. On the ride back home, she wondered about Zeke. What would he think? Shaking her head, Marisol tried to dismiss her random thoughts. Her wolf was not having it. He met his mate. He was just being nice. He would never be interested in us. She told her beast. Her wolf replied, He is here with us now. Mari was shocked. Her wolf was so aggressive. She seemed to become more so when Zeke Abraham came around. Soon they were back home. The two went to the community center to help set up for the party. As soon as they entered, Desda flirted instantly with the males that were present. Marisol was more reserved.

"Happy birthday," Marisol jumped. The hair on her neck stood on end. She turned and looked into the most amazing blue eyes. "Thank you." She replied softly. Zeke smiled. At least she wasn't running.

Zeke stopped still and waited. His wolf was ecstatic. She was near, and his heart pounded.

"Are you coming tonight?" She asked.

Zeke smiled, "I'll be there but I'm on duty. Besides, your family is coming in, you wouldn't want just some guy there."

Marisol smiled, "Of course you are welcomed. I want you to come." She blushed. She thought of the new outfit. What would Zeke think?

Zeke forced his animal to calm down. He didn't want to scare her. Mari was surprised because her wolf liked being near him. She opened her mouth to speak when someone called him.

Zeke fingered and tossed her hair. "I have to work. Maybe, we can talk later."

She smiled and nodded. Soon she watched him walk away and go about his duties. Desda joined her. "Girl he is cute. I'm dumping my boyfriend tonight; I'm talking to him.

Mari was instantly annoyed; she growled, How dare she?

Desda jumped.The reaction was totally unexpected, but the message was clear. The blond Beta was off limits. She smiled, My shy friend has some bite after all. she mused."Hey, are you ok?" Desda asked.

Marisol didn't answer. Then she forced a smile, "I'm just excited. I can't wait to go to our party."

Desda laughed and the two girls went about their day. Mari didn't go home but to the lake. As she was staring and admiring its beauty, her thoughts were interrupted. "Whoever has you frowning will be disposed of?" A deep baritone promised.

"Uncle Garrick, hey. You made it." Mari greeted.

"Where's Aunt Shari? Ava?" Mari asked.

"At the Alpha home. They can't wait to see you." Garrick stated.

"Uncle Garrick, I'm so happy you all are coming. I'm so excited." She babbled on and on hugging him tightly.

"Hey, young woman, let go of my husband." A familiar voice called.

"Aunt Shari, hey. You made it. Where's Ava?" Mari chattered on. Laughing and embracing the young wolf, Shari told her Ava was with Nickie, Theo, and Rosita.

The small group chatted and returned to the community center, where Mari greeted her grandparents and other guest. Soon noticing the time, she rushed home to dress.

"Momma, I'm back." she called bringing in her purchases.

"In here," Julianne replied. Mari entered her office and Jules smiled. "Now, show me the dress that will give your father a heart attack?"

Marisol turned serious, and Jules laughed. "Marisol Daniels, I will deal with your daddy. Now let me see the dress." Mari smiled and took the set from her bag.

"Nice, I bet this looks amazing on you." Jules stared noting that the colors were perfect for her daughter.

Marisol smiled. "Momma I looked amazing when I tried it on. It's a bit revealing, but I liked it. I felt sexy." She blushed.

Julianne laughed and hugged her daughter. "Sweetheart this is your night. We want it to be special." She reminded her. "Now, soak in the tub, and get ready."

Marisol rushed from the room. Tonight was the night everyone saw that she wasn't a little girl anymore. Marisol took her mother's advice.

Meanwhile, Rosita was spending time with her friends. All of them were attending the party. They were so excited and told Rosita that she was so lucky to have such an awesome big sister. They were right. Her sister was the best, and tonight was her night. All of their family was coming and even the small ones would be there, but since they were little they'd go home early leaving the party to the young adults. Rosita would go home with Aunt Kyra, because Momma and Poppa would stay at Marisol's party for a while. Javier was going home with Grandma and Grandpa; he wanted to be around his best buddies. More than likely, Jon Jon would stay too.

*****

Phillip went home, heart heavy, knowing he had to tell his parents that he'd switched packs. He'd tell them later. Soon Benny called and wanted to know if they were walking to the community center together. They needed to go early. Members from other packs were attending as well as some humans. They needed to keep an eye on the males. Philip laughed. Benny was always so protective of the younger females in the pack. His own sisters, Daniella and Candace, often were so annoyed by them, they'd shift and beat them up. But it never stopped Benny from watching over them. Phillip appreciated it. Now he was moving to California, so he'd ask his friends to keep a close eye on his family for him. Soon he agreed to go over early and the guys hang up.

"Hey Baby Boy, why the long face?" his sister teased as she entered the room.

Phillip smiled, Daniella, his older sister was his biggest cheerleader. "Nothing Sis," he countered. I will miss you guys so much when I go back home for good. he thought. His affirmation that Thane was home for him shocked him. Daniella could sense a change in her brother. She heard of the shenanigans he'd gotten into in California and she had to admit that she was worried. But Alpha Javon flew out there and came back. He met with the family and told them he was OK, He even called and the Thane Alpha allowed them the time to talk with her younger brother.

Phillip was always smart; smarter than all of them really. That was why when they found out Momma and Poppa was saving money for college for him all four of the older kids pitched in.

He was home for a few days and she was glad to see her brother. However, she knew Phillip better than the others. They were born close together. He was dealing with something.

"Phil, you can tell me. What's wrong?" Daniella asked.

Phillip wasn't ready to tell anyone yet. Tonight was Marisol's and he didn't want to ruin it. "Nothing, Sis. I forgot to wrap Desda and Marisol's gifts. Can you do that for me?" He asked. Daniella frowned at her brother, but agreed for now. She'd find out what he was hiding soon enough.

*****

Blaine called all of the betas that were working the party to the community center to set up post. Knox and Zeke reported in as was expected. Being guest Betas from a visiting pack did not exclude them from performing duties. BJ had gotten off work and wanted to see the guys. This was his baby's party and he wanted to make sure they knew that no wild partying would be allowed. If any males tried to accost his daughter, then they needed to leave. All security needed to be on high alert.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers