Time for Truth Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

The betas arrived and Knox and Zeke sat. BJ walked in and for some reason he noticed Zeke. He'd heard of the Gaines beta, but now his mind was telling him to be wary of him. Not being one to back away, BJ made his way to the Gaines betas. Knox stood to greet him, but BJ was focused on one man.

Something about this guy bothered him. "Um, Blaine, the Gaines are our guest. They don't have to work tonight, right?" he asked. Blaine was nervous. BJ was one of his closest friends. He knew his friend would go ballistic at the thought of any male even looking at his daughter.

"BJ, Javon has given them permission to work the party. So, despite how you feel, he stays." Blaine explained.

Zeke remained silent as he faced his father-in-law for the first time. He knew BJ Daniels was overprotective, and he knew that he had to prove to this man that Marisol was the only thing in his world. That he'd die for her. Dropping his eyes, Zeke submitted to the other male. He wanted to earn the respect of Marisol's parents, and would do anything he could to do so. He met both when they visited Wildwood, and they both seemed to be reasonable people. They were often polite, and he never had any real issues with them. Julianne was often more friendly and easy going. He wondered if she'd changed when his interest in her daughter was revealed.

"BJ, look. Go home and dress. The party starts in an hour. Relax, I've got this." Blaine assured him. BJ looked at Zeke once more. Something about this guy bothered him. But he nodded, and told Blaine, he'd be back. Zeke actually sighed when he left. Blaine heard him and spoke. "Javon told me who you are. BJ is like a brother to me, and Marisol is my niece. Tonight is for her. Keep yourself in check." He warned.

Zeke answered, "Yes sir." He didn't challenge Blaine, or even make demands.

Blaine was impressed. He stepped back. "If you keep your head cool, then tonight should go off without a hitch. Look, I know this is nerve racking. You seem like a nice guy, Zeke. When he learns who you really are, be ready." Blaine advised.

Zeke nodded. Then the men reported to their stations to make sure everything was in place.

Marisol dressed for the party and Julianne wanted to see. She walked out and showed her Mom the set. Julianne was amazed sat her beauty. The dress left no doubt that her little girl was now a woman. They heard BJ drive up and Marisol started to go to her room. Jules stopped her. "Baby, let him see the dress now, that way he can have his reaction and get himself under control before the party."

Marisol froze as her father entered. BJ hugged and kissed his wife and then he noticed a beautiful brunette standing nearby. He turned and was stunned to see that the lovely woman was none other than his baby girl. She was wearing an outfit that was entirely too sexy. He opened his mouth to forbid her to wear it when Jules stopped him. BJ, she is an adult now. This is her night. Don't you dare ruin it for her.

He turned to his mate, "Jules, there will be males there." He explained. There was no way any man would gawk at his baby, that beta, Zeke would be there. Something was off with that guy. He would not let him see her dressed so provocatively. BJ opened his mouth to forbid her from wearing the dress. Before he could speak, BJ, don't you dare.

Momma, come on. Who called you? This is... BJ started to reply when Nina interrupted.

I saw you and Blaine ruin Celia's party and poor Kyra almost cancelled hers. I know you are trying to protect her, but son you have to let go a little. Nina reminded him. Celia called her earlier and she had spoken with Julianne. She knew her son was overprotective, and it was understandable. She witnessed the family years earlier when the children suffered and their parents sacrificed everything they had to assure them that they were safe. BJ was a true beta, and he felt it was his calling to keep his family safe. Letting go of his daughter would not be easy, but she needed to grow. He had to let her.

Marisol watched her father. She knew he was talking with someone mentally. She waited for him to order her to change. He didn't. BJ looked deep into her dark eyes and he knew, despite how he felt she needed this. This was her night. "Marisol, you look amazing." He hugged her. "I know you are eighteen now, but you are still my baby. Even when you are one hundred eighteen, you will always be my baby girl."

Marisol hugged her father and thanked him. BJ headed to shower and Jules offered to help with her makeup. Soon BJ, Julianne, Rosa, Javier, and the twins traveled to the community center. Marisol and Desda would make an entrance, and the wanted to be s[resent to receive them

Soon everyone arrived at the community center. The kids were dancing to the latest renditions of popular music. BJ was silent as he sat in the front of the catered party and waited. Soon, the birthday girls and their arrival was announced. Everyone stood as the two women entered. They were stunning; Desda wore a red and burgundy ensemble of lace and leather. Marisol entered wearing navy, royal blue, and black. Zeke looked up as she entered and his wolf howled, Marisol heard him and their eyes locked. His message was clear, and she finally knew. He was her mate.

The music began, and Marisol was temporarily frozen. Her eyes locked on one security officer who was just as entranced as she. Zeke Abraham is our mate? she asked her other half. Yes, her wolf screamed in glee. Girl, it took you long enough. Now, let's go get him.

Zeke's heart pounded. He could see that she recognized him. She was his. He stood to go to her when Knox stopped him. "Zeke, we are working. Remember what her uncle said earlier. Don't cause a scene."

Zeke nodded. His friend was right; he was here to work. However, somehow tonight, he would spend a moment alone with his woman. Zeke's mind hummed. She knew him. He worked as the party swelled around him. He glanced back toward the center of the crowd once more to see a male kissing his woman. His wolf prowled.

"Beta, you are working." a strong voice reminded him. Blaine stayed close to Zeke's and Knox's station because knowing Marisol was his mate would be hard on him. Blaine suspected that she would go all out tonight and he suspected that Zeke would react.

"Yes sir." He growled in reply.

Blaine sighed, Poor guy he thought. "Look Zeke, take a moment and get yourself under control. I'll cover for you." Blaine offered. Zeke nodded and headed to the break room.

Javon, I had Zeke to leave out. Ask Lakota or Levin to check on him. Blaine sent his brother. Javon beckoned Levin and shared Blaine's concerned. Levin was concerned and he quickly went in the back to talk with Zeke.

"Zeke, are you alright?" Levin asked. He knew this had to be hard on the young beta. He knew what Lakota and Reina went through when they pursued both him and Margaret. He was certain that it had to be torture to watch your mate interact with other men.

Zeke could not lie to his alpha. "Her wolf recognized me, Alpha. I saw her. She knows who I am. I won't cause a scene. I just need a moment. But she knows who I am." He explained.

Levin started to speak when they were interrupted. "Levin, is everything alright?" Thaddeus asked. If the Gaines beta was unwell, he'd take him home.

"Thaddeus, Zeke is fine. He just needed a moment." Levin explained.

Thaddeus nodded and the two left Zeke alone for a moment. Zeke stood to return to his post, but when he opened the door to leave, he gasped. Her scent captivated him. He could not contain the grin that spread across his face.

"You're my mate?" Marisol stated glaring at the gorgeous male before her, her heart pounding. He was so handsome, and he was hers. "Explain."

Zeke smiled, and pulled her into the room. Both of his strong hands circled her waist. He pulled her close, moved his lips close to hers, and whispered, "Happy Birthday, my love." He kissed her and her wolf howled. Slowly her arms encircled his neck and within seconds, she returned his kiss enthusiastically.

*****

So ends chapter five. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please vote and share your thoughts.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers