To Love a Stray Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's because they're werecats they aren't with me," I mumble.

Strangely my thoughts make no sense and complete sense at the same time.

'The two different natures of our brothers don't make it easy for them, one part human and one part werecat.'

"I wish you would go away and leave me alone! I don't want you and I certainly don't need you! I wish you would go away and never come back!" I snarl at the dark shape watching me from the shadows.

"Here Rosy, have a few sips of this," It's Alan again and I blink as I realise he is trying to get me to drink from the cup he is trying to hold to my lips.

"Don't touch me!" I snap uncomfortably as he attempts to stroke my cheek. "I don't like being touched!"

'I like it. He has no intention of hurting us, he's only offering comfort. I like the contact. I need it.'

"Since when has what you liked or wanted mattered?" I think angrily as I turn my face away from the offered cup.

"Come on Rosy," Jake murmurs softly, encouragingly. "It's only camomile and peppermint tea with some honey added. "It's very soothing and relaxing,"

I become aware that he is gently massaging the back of my neck and gradually working his fingers up to rub the base of my skull. It is incredibly soothing and relaxing and I am barely aware of his movements as he turns my head. I feel a warm dampness against my lips; I open my mouth and take several small sips.

The liquid tastes slightly sweet and is soothing on my sore throat as I swallow automatically. I hesitate as I realise what I am doing but the back of my head is cupped gently and the cup against my lips tips more liquid into my mouth. I exhale sharply through my nose but swallow the last mouthful of liquid and open my eyes to look at Alan uncertainly.

"It's just herbal tea," Alan tells me gently. "Hopefully it will allow you to calm down."

"You drugged me!" I accuse and struggle briefly but I am exhausted and I soon stop trying to escape the rather comforting embrace I am held in.

"There were no drugs in it," Alan says calmly. "The herbs encourage a werecats body to naturally combat adrenaline produced when upset or stressed."

"I don't know about anyone else but my inner cat is telling me he would like to stretch out on a warm surface in the sunshine and laze around," Jakob says lightly.

"Anything to get you out of work," Alan says with a slight laugh.

"What about your inner cat Rosy? What does she want?" Jakob asks curiously.

"Nothing." I snap instantly. "She has no say. I am in charge not her."

'I refuse to let you lock me away any longer. We will do what I want as well as what you want.'

"I haven't shown you the fresh water spring and the swimming pond yet have I?" Alan asks. "Feel like going for a short drive?"

"Not really. I think I would prefer to stay here," I say uneasily.

"I feel like going outside and I want company," Alan says as he straightens up and extends a hand towards me.

"No," I refuse stubbornly.

'Yes, oh yes!'

"Stand up," Jake orders as he moves me off his lap and I find myself having to stand up or end up sitting on the floor.

"One of the first things you have to learn is even She-kitts and Queens have to obey an Alpha most of the time," Jake says in a calm even tone.

"I don't feel so great, I need to go and lay down." I persist stubbornly.

'No, I need to go outside!'

A shudder runs through me as I close my eyes and bow my head. I ignore the voice from the dark shadows in my mind. I grit my teeth and refuse to give in as I fight to force her presence deep into the dark recesses of my mind.

'No! I will not be denied what I need!'

"Fresh air will do you the world of good," Alan states with assurance.

I open my eyes and glance his way to find him watching me intently.

"I don't feel well," I realise I am speaking the truth as the words leave my mouth. I have a pounding headache and I feel sick to my stomach.

"No doubt because of the way you are abusing and torturing your inner cat," Alan says firmly.

"How could he know what is going on inside my mind? How could he know how I am punishing you for all the bad things you have caused to happen?" I stare at him shocked.

'Because I won't be silent any longer.'

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
89 Comments
RarRodrigRarRodrigabout 2 years ago

Completed story is on Wattpad under the ID - Mygypsy.

It's a good read and we'll worth the search on the Wattpad site - cheers.

1Merlin1Merlinover 2 years ago

After spending 30 hours reading this angst filled ramble I feel just like Rosy.

Betrayed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
FINSH IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have loved this story from being to what you have so far. But Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finish it please I need to know how it ends ??????????? can not wait in till you write more please do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Overall a great story

Just a note. The author finished this story on the Wattpad website under the same author name and story name.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Overall Review

I am not sure if you intentionally ended this story where you did and thought you would come back to it later or in another story. Or even if this is the ending you wanted, but I do feel it is incomplete.

Overall I liked the story. There are parts where some editing could have helped, but not too much was unforgivable on that front when you get into it. The plot, I believe has some failures or oversights that would make it flow better, more logically, make the end of the journey(to this point) in this chapter more believable. Things like the vastly different mental states between the beginning, as a stray that hasn't reconciled with her cat, to a kind of self imposed exile and not reconciled with her cat. The flashbacks or history review of Rosy's life experiences never hint to these problems, where logically we should have some indications of the condition she ultimately suffers from in this chapter.

Another part I had difficulty with was how the "inner-cat" is portrayed throughout the story. In almost every single reference I can recall or find skimming back through your work, the "inner-cat" is basically referred to entirely as insticts or communicative through only feelings, metaphysical body language, or instincts. But in this chapter it changes, and Rosy's "inner-cat" doesn't just become communicative, it becomes an entirely rational and sentient being on the center stage. It's just not a transition that's easy to follow with the portrayal throughout the story.

Some situations in the story are particularly difficult to understand the characters reactions to. With some thought, many of these situations are partially or largely explained with the more animalistic instinct within the group dynamic. I found some of these situations to be thought provoking and intricate. Overall most of these situations provided me with great entertainment in reading and then deciphering the underlying ideas.

On the flip side. Some situations the characters encounter are clearly morally unjustifiable. Not just to a rational human, but according to the animalistic instinct, against everything that forms and guides their social structure. It makes the characters near impossibly immoral, and when later they change to doing the right thing and acting like they were perfectly reasonable is insane, and shows that the characters should have handled the situation correctly from the start, instead of in the afterword as it were. It makes the character seem completely unreal when they clearly know and understand that something is wrong, then do nothing to start with. Waiting until someone else steps in and accepts that everything is morally reasonable from the starting point through to a logical conclusion. (I totally hated wade from the start obviously he shouldn't have done that. 1 chapter prior, but after the terrible event, hey wade, sure we can check in on Jazz sounds good, later bro.) It an exaggeration, but it doesn't feel far off.

I will mention that the character's failures to spot obvious misunderstandings and act rationally portrays them as unfairly ignorant. There is also the overall inconsistency in the character's behaviors, which at times was used wonderfully to represent difficult situations involving high stress and mental fatigue. And at others was a big letdown, almost mandatory stick-foot-in-mouth moments to create stress or plot lines to lead to the next part of the story.

Overall, as I said I enjoyed it. Great concepts for some of the characters. A very fun dynamic of tradition, development, and instinct within the social structures you created. A little short on details for understanding some of the aspects of life and characteristics within parts of the society and characters, but was pleasant in some ways. Creating mystery and, whether intentionally or not, left me trying to the grasp the same social concepts that Rosy struggled with. A very challenging set of circumstances created a simple, but engaging plot. I kept reading, in spite of the problems I identified, I had to know what happened next at the end of every chapter.

The biggest let down is that the story feels almost 5 chapters short of closure in many regards whether good or bad. It leaves me wishing there was more to read. If you wanted for us to try visualize where the story goes from here, yeah there's lots of room to imagine where things go, but fails to provide structure or direction to make any of them....mesh with the starting point you provide. I think that this is the biggest letdown, because it let's down not just the reader, it let's down the quality of work you provide throughout the rest of your story.

I realize that some of this may be interpreted as unfairly harsh, but it's certainly not intended that way. I want to provide you my opinions on where things felt off or in need of change to me. And I am well aware that I am not an accomplished writer or editor, so I share my opinion from only a readers perspective. An avid reader, whom enjoyed your story. And though well after your latest activity, I do hope that when or if you continue writing, that maybe sharing my opinions with you could help, or if nothing else stimulate productive thought.

Thank you for your story.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Bound to My Mate Ch. 01 A chance encounter with her life mate.in NonHuman
Omega Pride Ch. 01 Omegas only mate with Omegas...right?in NonHuman
Sacrifice A voluntary sacrifice meets an unexpected end.in NonHuman
Miley and the Alpha A newly turned werewolf is taken by an Alpha.in NonHuman
Claimed A hybrid shapeshifter is asked to help wounded tiger.in NonHuman
More Stories