All Comments on 'To Love and Obey Ch. 05'

by MeredithEighty8

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great ending

And they live happily ever after (:

bodybychocolatebodybychocolatealmost 10 years ago
*good sigh*

Nice ending :). Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
story

Sorry! no no!!! He doesn't love her... You don't ever hurt the ones you love it's impossible. To hurt a loved one is to hurt your self if you truely love. Still don't like his character!!! I think he's a pompous ass. If any man treated my daughter's like that i'd place his balls in a meat grinder and turn the handle very slowly. Fifteen years is too much of an age gap, they'd have nothing in common.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Love and Sex

The story takes place in the early 1900s right? and in upper middle class marriages I don't know how much the big age difference or the lack of common interests would have even come into play. The husband would have been the older, wiser man and the wife would probably been barely more than a girl. For good or bad she was his sexual possession to use, train, control whether she liked it or not. Fortunately for Cassie she came to enjoy and need Robert's sexual dominance of her.

Makes you wonder just what all might have gone on behind the bedroom door of your great grandparents, did grandpa have a bit of the freak in him when he was young?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A FAN

I think you probably got it more right than we'll actually ever know since open public dialogue about sex (kinky or not) didn't exist back then. "50 Shades Of Grey" would never have even been published let alone an international best seller but sexual deviation has been around forever. The fifteen yr age difference was also very normal for the era along with male dominance and emotional suppression. Remember that females probably didn't even have the vote yet. So my hat is tipped to you for a very realistic turn of the century story of romance. Oh and I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Thanks!

happybetahappybetaalmost 10 years ago
A nicely told story. Well done!

Compelling and provocative. Thoughtful comments by readers as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
not love, but writting was really good

I wish the ending was longer, I can´t believe that things he had done were out of love. You are not holding your loved one head down to fuck her roughly, when she had just fallen on the floor hitten by you...thats freaking rape...beating her to submit to him..rape...I thought it will end with her finding someone better, but ok, maybe I am little bit too much into what real love is.

However writting kept me reading till the end, you are talented. keep writting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
William...

Did he have him killed??

bloodandsandbloodandsandover 8 years ago
good for a short story

although more content could have been used to have robert be shown to come to this point and declare love thru his trial of overcoming past hurts, it was really well done for a short story (to me 5 chapters counts as short). good job, well done. i hope you write more stories like these. i am a sucker for a the dark horse to make things right and win the day.

ilikewbsilikewbsover 7 years ago

Enjoyed. Will there be more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

More?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is so not a love story how can she fall for such a cold uncaring rapist cheat I so wished she had Williams baby I have no affection for Robert at all he’s a rapist plain an simple an that baby was conceived through rape

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous