All Comments on 'To My Husband'

by Fairywand

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
QuillmanQuillmanover 19 years ago
Lucky man

...and very open minded. What delightful honesty, and what a shame he will never know, and continue to guess...wrongly :(

With best wishes.

Lou NuttickLou Nuttickover 19 years ago
And why will he never know?

Because you didn't tell him. There it is, in the letter for all of US to see. But you didn't tell HIM.

Communication is essential for a healthy marriage, yet you withhold information that would increase happiness for both of you. This lack, therefore, is as much your fault as his. Perhaps even more yours than his, because you have a problem, and can even identify the solution, but won't communicate it to him.

Pehaps you have even gone as far as to tell him that everything's fine, expecting him to see beneath your words to your underlying unhappiness. Here's a clue about many men: if he loves you, he trusts you. And if he trusts you, he'll believe what you tell him.

Men love to solve problems. Especially when the solution is so easy to implement and the rewards so great. And all you need to do is show him the letter.

UmbertoBUmbertoBover 19 years ago
Wonderfull story but..

I liked this little story a lot but it needs a sequel. I think she should have the courage to let her husband read the letter. Better still, why don't she just show him. Maybe under that familiar face of her mate hides a tiger. A romeo, that is waiting to lite her fire but simply does not know how to start. Shame that she wil never know, while a little push her a little hint there might do the trick. Communicate, guide, engourage and -if nescecarry- demand (kindly).

RedHairedandFriendlyRedHairedandFriendlyover 17 years ago
Thanks

Your story will be mentioned as a "Blast from the Past" selection in the New Story Review Thread section of Lit's. Bulletin Boards, found on the Author's Hangout forum. Thanks, Red.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous