Touched by Moonlight Ch. 01

Story Info
Whatever his destiny was, it couldn't include her.
4.3k words
4.56
23.1k
40

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/07/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SilverDawn
SilverDawn
955 Followers

This is my second submission and part of what I hope will be a continuing story for everyone. It can stand alone but it follows Kissed By Lightning, I suggest reading that one first. This will be a mini series leading up to a larger segment.

Please be aware that for character development purposes and plot development not all chapters will have sex in them. I hope you like it and look forward to hearing your comments and hopefully receiving some votes

A very big thank you to, Inverted Fool for editing this chapter. Your positive comments have given me a great confidence boost. Thanks so much for lending your valuable time to proof read this chapter.

This is purely a work of fiction emanating from my weird imagination and is not in any way intended to offend. Any resemblance to person's living or dead is coincidental.

© [A. Jaimes] [2015] [Touched by Moonlight] All rights reserved.

******************

Joshua Morvant stood at the base of the wide, elaborate staircase. His blue eyes looked up and met the warm honey gaze of his elder sister who stood at the head of the stairs. Katrina. Her hair was in a messy bun and her fangs gleamed. She had always looked like a warrior princess to him. She had help raise him, had given him more love and affection than was normal for most vampires of their status.

"You should have told me sooner!" He hissed. His fists balled at his sides.

Katrina looked down at the breathtaking face of her younger brother. The pink scar running from his left cheek and slipping down to his jaw line almost completely faded into his pale skin. The small piercing over his eyebrow made him look like a badass. He stood tall and proud, his 6 foot something height would tower over her if she were on even ground. She lifted her eyes and gazed out into the distance. Her energy pulsed feeling the emotions in the air, she could taste them against her skin, feel them pushing against her the harder she fought to ignore them. His were particularly pissed on this day. After all, they'd finally told her brothers the truth about her birthright.

"Telling you sooner would have accomplished what? There is nothing you can do about it, Joshua." Her tone was subdued. Almost numb. Joshua felt his vampire rattle inside his mind, furious at her almost nonchalant attitude.

Katrina had come back home a month ago with the same attitude. Some of the usual light in her eyes was dimmed. She wouldn't speak on what had transpired while she was with the wolves, no matter how much he nagged. She was tight lipped about the whole thing, and then this— this maiden bullshit. Their parents had sat all three of them down last night and explained their sisters', for lack of a better word, situation. Their parents had retired to their wing of their Long Island estate, and had spent the time in seclusion, closing their family bond for the last two months. His elder brother spend his time before the large fireplace in the main room and watched the flames dance. He sat in self-imposed numbness. Only infuriating Joshua even more. His whole family acted as if it didn't matter, as if she was already—- No.

"You're just giving up? There's still time, you can still find a mate!"

Joshua's iris bled into a bright red at her quiet, somber expression. The fury and grief over his sister's fate edged on the monster's protective instincts. Worse yet, he couldn't believe she would just sit back and give up her whole life. That she and the rest of their family would do nothing! He moved, was above her in seconds, striking out with his leg and throwing her body out, into the second floor corridor. Katrina flipped, landed on her feet as her body slid backwards from his force. She let out a sigh.

Katrina supposed she was partially to blame for his behavior. He took a little after her own dramatic outbursts, and like all male species, didn't handle emotion very well. They usually sparred when things got too heated for them to handle, it's how they processed emotions. Katrina dodged as his talons reached her. She danced around him, her golden gaze tracking his every movement. He was beautiful in his fury. His long brown hair flew behind him, almost dancing as their fast movements continued. It irritated him that she wasn't even defending herself, simply avoiding him.

"Say something!" He hissed. She could hear the fury in his tone, the frustration.

His hands gripped her leg and a second later her body was flying through the air. Katrina's body crash landed painfully onto a decorative art piece. 'Asshole!' She cursed, on her feet a second later, brushing off the dust from her practical black tee. She looked down nostalgically at the statue she'd brought back from Rome. Her eyes narrowed dangerously as her brother approached. She blocked his attacks, shifting her weight on the balls of her feet to stay out of reach. She twirled around him, stood behind him a second before he shifted in her direction, 'too slow.' she planted a foot on his chest and his body flew backwards violently. An explosion rocked the entire second floor as the row of windows blew out from the aftershock.

"I won't...This is my only choice."

Katrina felt the adrenaline in her body. Her blood pumped and the darkness that lived inside her shifted, ready to play. She strained her neck, watching him get to his feet and cracking his knuckles. "Coward!" Joshua hissed, watched his sister get into a defensive stance, beckoning him to come at her. Joshua's fangs lengthened. He focused his energy to strengthen the muscles in his body, to aid him in speed. Katrina was well versed in war, but she couldn't outmatch the body of a male of his caliber. It wouldn't be easy, but fighting her was the only way to get a reaction from her prissy, numb attitude. Whatever she was keeping inside was drowning her and he couldn't bear to watch his sister that way. Katrina needed an outlet even if she didn't know it.

And so it went for months. Their parents secluded to one wing of the estate. While Joshua and Katrina destroyed most of the other wing. The eldest Morvant brother, Katrok sat before the fire, his eyes on the spinning, amber liquid in his glass. His mind moving paces ahead as he heard Joshua and Katrina's conversation and following after the sounds of their havoc on their winter home. Katrok let out a breath, his green blue eyes swirled with a mixture of red as his vampire shifted to the forefront of his mind. He'd always suspected but he'd denied it for years, unwilling to believe she'd have to take up ranks with those—- with those creatures.

Katrok's gaze moved towards the ruckus in their home and let out a resigned sigh.

****

Luciano's body materialized on soft grass on an acre of the Morvant Manor. He stood at the edge of a lake owned by the family. He looked up at the 60,000 square-foot French chateaux-inspired limestone estate as he ran towards it. The familiar place brought up nostalgic feelings in his chest. He'd spent many happy winters here with Katrina.

'Katrina.'

He let out a frustrated sigh as he jumped and landed on a towering arch of the estate. She'd spent four months after they'd returned from what he was calling the Occurrence avoiding him. He understood that she'd been affected by grief after loosing the female hybrid, even he could feel the tight lingering feelings of grief, but enough was enough. This was the longest they'd gone without speaking or seeing each other and he was tired of it. He wanted his best friend back.

He wouldn't admit it out lout, but he'd spent nights thinking of her mouth and the arch of her neck and her hands. Her dainty, golden skinned hands made his mouth water. He ached to see her face, whether flustered in anger or joy, he craved having her presence near by and it's soothing effect on his beast. She had a way of calming him when he got to his darkest. Her gentle, no-nonsense ball busting attitude always helped him keep his head straight. He had burst into laughter while thinking back on the time he'd caught her stuffing her face in the pantry in preparation of her family's annual parties. He'd spent days just thinking back on all the craziness she brought into his life and he hated it. Hated feeling her absence in the silence of his New York condo.

She was everywhere and yet nowhere at all.

Luciano ran a hand through his long locks. His hair was longer than he'd had it in a while, he couldn't bring himself to cut it. Katrina would always do it for him when it got too untamed. He jumped upwards moving swiftly across their high rooftop and towards the front of the mansion. His gaze moved to one of the upper rooms on the west wing and caught the shadow of what, he assumed, must be her parents. He flipped backwards and landed in the driveway, his body rigid as he took in the eerie silence of the estate, followed by the sounds of destruction inside the mansion. His eyes narrowed as he stomped his way to the large double entry doors with every intention of knocking the house down to figure out what was happening, only for it to crack open before his hand hit the door.

From the corner of his eye he glanced at Katrok's blue-green eyes as he moved his gaze over the entire foyer. He let out a breath as he caught the chunk missing from the grand double staircase, the shattered glass and splintered marble that laid on the floor.

"Luciano."

"Katrok."

Their greeting was short and clipped. Although they'd been great friends for years, that's just how they interacted. Katrok and Luciano had both been born in the same year, just months apart from each other. Katrok was only a thread younger than him, and once they'd been close friends...The males stood before each other, making a quick survey of the other. Luciano clasped a hand to his chest and gave the male a courtesy bow in greeting, which Katrok replicated.

The silence was filled by a soft explosion that blew out what he assumed was a wall upstairs.

"What happened this time?" Luciano asked on a sigh. He heard them thrashing and moving somewhere above, Joshua's grunts were the loudest. 'She must really be laying it on thick, this time.'

"I will go summon her. Wait here." Katrok brushed off his question easily and coldly. His posture was tense and his expression stoic. Luciano nodded and watched the man disappear around a sharp turn on the second floor. Luciano took a moment to look at what he recalled being a beautiful home, now laying in ruins for the most part. The flickering fire in the main rooms irked his curiosity, Katrok only ever started a fire when he was deep in thought. 'What the hell is happening here?' Luciano let his senses spread, and wondered why the head of the Morvant family had still not come down to greet him. It was customary of course. 'Of course, you showed up unannounced 'cause you can't keep your filthy hands off their daughter,' he thought dryly. Hearing the hushed whispers above and sensing movement a second before Katrina's smiling face was coming down the stairs.

'Finally.'

Katrina moved gracefully towards him, her hips swinging from side to side effortlessly. She wore loose black cameos and a blank tank top. Her hair was tight up in a messy bun with loose strands all around face. Blood smeared the top half of her forehead and her hand was drenched in blood. He realized that she was the only female who didn't bother dressing up to catch his attention and yet he was drawn in like a moth to a flame.

"Luciano. This is— a surprise." Katrina's melodic voice soothed his beast, set him in a daze. He gave her his biggest smile, noticing the small hitch in her breath, and wondered how he had never noticed her reactions to his smile. It took him a second to realize she'd spoken something and expected a reply. He swallowed and looked around.

"What happened this time?" Luciano asked her, his eyes moving over the wreckage in the front room. Katrina gave him a sheepish smile, not really answering his question, and his eyes narrowed. Something in her eyes was off, they were shut off and empty. "What did that baboon say this time?" There was an edge to his tone that made Katrina smile sweetly as she walked past him. "Come. Let's take a walk."

Katrina snuck a glance in Luciano's direction. His hair was long, curling at the ends against the back of his neck. She shivered as heat rose inside her. She'd always found his long hair irresistible, more so than usual with males. She'd demanded he cut it just so she could have some semblance of control around him. 'God. He makes this hard, doesn't he. But he is gorgeous to look at.'

"So, what brings you here? Does the Elder require my assistance?" She questioned, unsure why he'd just shown up at her home. He usually never stopped by unless invited, or if they'd planned something in advance. She was quite taken aback by his casual demeanor. He shook his head, "I was in the neighborhood, thought I'd see why you've been avoiding me these past few months" Luciano whispered against her ear and paced to a fallen tree trunk. He laughed as she choked slightly at his words. She looked around, hadn't even noticed they'd made it this far in silence. She frowned at his teasing, forcing her body to calm down.

"I've been busy, Luciano. I'm sure you've got plenty to keep you company." Katrina spoke, reaching up to loosen her hair. She let the short locks move in the breeze and sighed at the feeling. It'd been in a bun for too long. She and her younger brother had gone at it for longer than was proper. It'd been at least two months of their constant dueling, cooped up in their home. Most of the walls of the second and third floor of the East wing were decimated, literally totaled. Joshua had trouble reigning in his fury, and she had well, she had issues she only had a month to sort. She looked up at Luciano's smoldering grey eyes, and felt a soft blush cross her expression. She moved her gaze to one of the hills in the distance.

"Now you know you're my favorite cookie on this side of the pond." He tsk'd as he teased her. She fought to show a smile instead of the crushing pain that blossomed in her chest. His childhood nickname for her reminded her of what she was to him. She fought for breath and strength just to act normal. 'God dammit! I've been doing it close to 200 years, you'd think I'd get better at it.'

Katrina took a moment to enjoy the silence, letting his scent envelop her in it's warmth. She'd missed his presence over the past few months, but their impending separation would be easier if she distanced herself from him now. "Have you heard any news on the O'Faolain Alpha?" Her voice was soft.

When she thought back on the O'Faolain and the grief he must be experienced her heart ached. Ached in ways she didn't know could ache, for someone she barely knew. No. That wasn't right. Katrina knew and understood Stefani maybe a little more than anyone else might have. They were kindred spirits, both born to a destiny neither wanted. Stefani's had led to her death, while Katrina's would lead to an empty place. She could still hear the laughter they'd shared in the Great Hall's quarters. The small smile Stefani had given Katrina when she learned to bring out her teeth on purpose. The curvy hybrid had taken it all in stride, she'd been brave and courageous. Katrina would honor her memory.

Luciano tensed slightly, his mind moving over to the few short words he'd spoken with his brother, and let out a sigh. Both in their own thoughts before he spoke, "Last I heard, he's been staying up in a cabin up north, dealing with— We'll he's needed the distance from his pack. My brother is scheduled to come back for the Centennial Ball next month. I'm sure he'll let us know how he's doing then..." Luciano looked down at Katrina. Her hair floated widely around her face as the wind caressed her and he found himself jealous of the wind, who got to touch her so freely. His hands balled into fists while he calmed the surge of heat that brushed him. She was in deep thought, her bottom lip between her teeth, the gleaming sharp fang caught his attention and immediately he was transported to that night.

The memory of her delicate fangs piercing the vein at his throat assaulted him and almost brought him to his knees. He shuddered and forced himself to step away from that and come back to the present. He felt sweat form over his forehead, and he swallowed hard, glad that she was too deep in thought to notice. "I'm taking a trip to Morocco in a couple months. The council asked me for some freelance recon. I thought you might want to tag along. There's this quaint little place that sells the most wicked blades there. It's about time we extend that collection of yours, what do you say, cookie?"

Katrina cringed inwardly at the nickname but gave him a smile nonetheless. "Let me think about it..." She gave him such a wide smile he felt his chest constrict painfully and he nodded. Katrina frowned, unsure of what that strange feeling she was getting from him was. Empath abilities or no, he'd always been the one person she couldn't get a read on, his emotional pathway had always been locked to her. 'Maybe that's for the best.'

"How are you doing? Are you well? Your hair has gotten longer." She reached up and brushed her fingers over the long locks of his blonde hair, her fingertips tingled at the brush of skin contact. Luciano's cheeks turned a slight pink, bringing a wider smile to her face. He didn't speak but moved his hand to cup hers, wrapping her fingers in his larger ones, stepping a foot closer to her. Close enough to feel her warm breath. He gave her a tight nod. A couple months ago with everything that had happened, it taken a toll on all those involved, him included. He still didn't understand his reaction, but he'd felt off for weeks after what he'd seen. That type of untapped power and the selfless act of sacrifice left a sour taste in his mouth. Something strange had been nagging at the back of his mind ever since, something forgotten.

Katrina held her breath. Anyone walking by would have to wonder on the status of their relationship, as close as they were. Maybe closer than was proper for vampires of their stature. They were, after all, purebreds. Katrina severed their connection, looking away and stepping away from him, needing the distance. She swallowed hard.

"You haven't been around to cut it." He whispered and for a second, something warm crossed his expression, something Katrina was sure she'd imagined. She shook her head. "You should leave it. It looks— It looks good on you." He laughed and the world was set on fire. Everything seemed brighter when he laughed. His joy was infectious, delicious like honey.

She'd been selfish. Small as it was, she'd spent so many of her years simply needing to be around him, in whatever way she could. She'd spent nights waiting around until he was done with his women, with his parties and his adventures, and waited hand and foot for any attention he might shower her with. She'd listened closely to his escapes, to his sins and to his accomplishments in their society. She'd even chased off some of the bolder females when they got clingy. Furthermore, Katrina was no stranger to their venom, she had to grow thick skin just to be around him. After all it was no secret how their society saw her.

She'd heard the rumors, the tight lipped sneers that spread throughout the balls, gatherings and reunions among the females. Their kind saw her as his doormat. The child that hung too tightly to the Casanova of their society, delusional that a male like him would ever set his sights on her. They never let an opportunity pass to remind her of that. The man who belonged to them all. Ironic, that in a month's time she'd belong to their whole race in a different sense.

SilverDawn
SilverDawn
955 Followers
12