Touched by Moonlight Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He was speaking, talking about the trip. He was excited, she could tell. He sent those smoldering eyes in her direction and Katrina didn't regret it. Not one second. She'd loved him for so long and so strongly. It consumed her. She just wished—- Katrina wished for so many things...Too many things... More than she was worthy for.

The urge overcame her. The urge to tell him everything. Just as it always did when they shared these quiet comfortable moments, when he was simply Luciano and she was simply Katrina, she'd get the same urge. After all, there was so much she had to say but, as those kind gunmetal grey eyes looked down at her, her heart ached and her resolve faltered.

This beautiful creature, this breathtaking, courageous male was meant for something important. She saw it in the way the sun played against his skin and the way the breeze rearranged it's path to caress him. But mostly because she could see the inner flame of people's souls and, while hers was a spark, Luciano... Luciano's lit up like a flame. His shine was so bright it hurt to watch. She looked around and smiled as the earth's green and gold magic flow shifted over in his direction, craving his warmth.

This world loved him.

Loved him maybe more than she ever could.

Katrina had always known he was destined for greatness. And whatever that destiny was, it couldn't include her.

This, this is what she'd been hiding from for years. What she wouldn't confide to anyone, especially not her family. When they asked 'why not Luciano'... How could she tell them what only she could see. Her birth given mark, the brand that tied her to a life of servitude gave her the ability to see into people, to see their souls, and when she looked at his... When she looked at his, she saw how obviously unmatched they were to each other. His light devoured hers just by standing beside her. He was a wild creature, untamed and uncorrupted, that's what lit his flame. He was strong, reckless, loyal and solid to the core. His spirit was free and unrestrained.

"Katrina. is everything alright?" Luciano asked. He looked down at her and knew she'd been lost in her own world as she often was. Her eyes sparkled for a second, he saw the beginning of tears forming in her eyes and frowned, unsure of what he'd said or done. She blinked back the tears. She shook her head and gave him a dazzling smile.

She meant it too. When she smiled in his direction she meant it, because she'd go. She'd willingly serve the Maidens, serve their race. She'd sacrifice it all for him, to bear children that were strong and worthy, to feed and heal the elders that ruled their kind if that's what it took to protect him. In the silent moments she stood before him, she knew.

Katrina would live the rest of her existence in solitude, on the sidelines, wishing and praying for his well being. And could only hope that when his flame was finally set free, a spark would somehow, someway, reach her.

"I think everything is going to be just fine." She smiled wide, a strange calmness entering her soul. Acceptance. "I should get going." He nodded as she reached up and gave him a small peck on the cheek and moved before he could say anything else.

"I'll see you in a month, Lucia!" She shouted over her shoulder, taking one last look before he materialized and faded. She smiled to herself, in seconds reaching the front of the house, letting herself fall against the door.

She had a couple of seconds of silence to herself, while she picked up every sound in their large home. She memorized it, let the memories filter through.

Her sharp senses moved her a fraction of a second before a long panel, presumably from their dark grand piano, crashed into the spot she'd just vacated. She hissed. The wide, silly smile on her face did nothing to stop the thick tears pouring down her cheeks. Tears she didn't know she'd been shedding until they blurred her vision. She screamed, the sound shaking the chandelier and the remaining windows. Her fangs extended, her golden eyes blended seamlessly into bold red, her talons clicked together at her sides as her hands shook. Her eyes landed on her brothers, who's stance tensed at the top of the stairs. They both looked at her with such a broken expression, their pity clear in their eyes. Her chest expanded as the burn intensified, she felt the grief take over, she jumped.

**

"Come whatever storm or darkness.
I will do whatever it takes to care for him.
No matter what may become of me.
I will be his shield, his sword.
I will become his strength and even from a far,
I will love him till the end of my days. "

~ Katrina

12