Travis and Adam Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Do you want something from the mini bar?"

Adam started to say no, but then nodded yes. He wasn't a big drinker, but he felt the need for a little liquid courage. "Bourbon. Neat."

Travis raised his eyebrow at that, but pulled a mini bottle out, grabbed a glass and poured. He decided he'd have the same and grabbed another mini bottle.

By the time he made his way over to the sofa, Adam was shaking. He put the drink in Adam's hand. "Drink!"

Adam looked up at him and drank the liquid while Travis took a seat next to him, turn to face him, one leg bent, laying the sofa and one arm laying across the back edge. He sipped his drink and watched Adam for a minute.

"Are you ready?"

Adam nodded and set his empty glass down on the end table near him. He looked up at Travis.

"Tell me about Albert." Travis's voice was smooth. Calm. It wasn't an order, but Adam knew he needed to know the truth.

Adam felt a little sick. It had been so long since he had had to worry or even think about Albert that he didn't know where to start. He reached up and raked his fingers through his hair. Decided to just dive in.

"Albert..." he paused, took a deep breath, "Albert was a teaching assistant for my English Professor my junior year of college. He...well, he seemed to take an- an interest...I guess you would say... in me." He wanted to laugh at how naïve he had been.

Travis just waited, keeping quiet. This was Adam's story to tell and if he had questions, he would ask them when Adam finished. He nodded at him, giving him the silent okay to go on.

"I was shy in college." His mouth twisted in a wry smile. "Hell, I've been shy all my life. It wasn't until the last couple of years that I began to come out of my shell. But college was especially hard. I had a hard time making friends. I was that nerdy guy that spent his weekends studying, never really leaving the dorm, unless I went to the library." He searched Travis's face for any sign of pity or disgust. He imagined Travis had always had friends; he was always confident in who he was. Adam didn't see anything in Travis's eyes that made him feel small, though. Only tenderness.

"I was struggling a little in my English class and Albert caught up with me in the hall after class one day. Actually, I bumped into him. Literally. I wasn't looking and he sort of popped up in front of me. He offered to tutor me the rest of the semester to help pull my grade up. We started meeting a couple evenings a week and to give him some credit, my grade did raise. But, I started to get the feeling he was interested in something more than a tutor/student relationship." Adam shifted in his seat, remembering all those times Albert touched him and he hadn't had the courage to stop him. "We hung out a few times, but I never really felt that way about him. There seemed to be something off about him. I pushed that thought aside in my desperation for a friend."

Adam was beginning to feel the effects of the bourbon. His body slowly warmed up and he leaned back against the sofa, letting his head fall back. "God, I was so stupid, Travis." He sighed. "Are you hot? It seems really hot in here."

Travis pulled himself from the sofa and adjusted the thermostat, stopped at the mini fridge and grabbed a bottle of water on his way back. He settled back in for the rest of the story, handing hte bottle over to Adam, who chugged about half before plunking it down on the end table.

Adam looked over at Travis. "Thanks." He paused, trying to remember where he left off. "So, over the semester I ignored his flirting. I even half-convinced myself that I was imagining things. Albert comes from money. Lots of money. He always tried to pay when we went out to a movie, or whatever. I never let him, though. I always paid my own way. If he was interested in being more than friends, I didn't want to lead him on. See, I had never seen the other side of Albert. To me, he was just a quirky guy. I got the feeling he was lonely, though."

Adam grabbed the water bottle and swallowed the rest of the bottle quickly. His throat felt dry and his skin felt warm. He sat up a little and unbuttoned a couple of buttons before yanking his shirt off over his head and sending it flying across the room.

Travis tried not to think about how sexy Adam looked sitting there in a white tank and faded jeans. Unfortunately, his cock didn't care what he was thinking and twitched under his boxers. He held the groan in when he saw Adam reach down to pull off his shoes.

Travis grabbed his leg and pulled both of them so they were on the sofa with Adam's feet laying in his lap. "Go on, Adam." He quietly began slipping off Adam's shoes and socks and tossed them to the ground.

"Yeah, um, okay." He looked at Travis's hands on his bare feet and sighed when he began massaging them with his strong fingers. "Well, as the semester was drawing to a close, I mentioned to Albert that I didn't think I needed any more tutoring. That I felt I was ready for the final."

"How did he take that?"

"I thought he was fine. Until a couple of days later. He called and wanted to have dinner. I told him I couldn't because I was studying. Which was true. Finals in all my classes were coming up. Just because he wasn't tutoring me anyway, didn't mean I wasn't going to still hang out or be friends with him. But... well, he definitely took it that way. I could hear the disappointment in his voice and I guess I felt guilty. I finally agreed to dinner that night. God, I swear I wasn't trying to lead him on. I thought maybe if we had a nice dinner he and I could talk and I could make him understand I just wanted to be friends." He raised his right arm to lay across the back of the couch. "To say it didn't go well would be an understatement."

Travis downed the rest of his bourbon as he waited for Adam to go on. He gently went back to massaging his feet, letting his hands slide up his ankles and then to his calves a little. He loved the hair on his legs and began tracing feather light circles on his lower calves and back down to his ankles.

A little sigh escaped Adam's lips and Travis knew he was distracting him from finishing their conversation. Reluctantly, he pulled his hands out and patted his leg on the outside of the jeans, urging him to continue.

"He ended up taking me to this insanely expensive French restaurant. I was completely out of my element. When I walked in, the maître de started fussing that I wasn't wearing a tie. Hell," Adam snorted a little, "I wasn't even wearing slacks. I had on a pair of jeans and a button down shirt. I had no freaking idea he was taking me there." He stopped and chuckled a little remembering. God, he had felt like a fish out of water.

Travis slid his hand back up his calf and gave a little squeeze, quietly asking him to continue.

"Um, anyway," he cleared his throat, raked a hand through his hair, "Albert told them to leave us alone and apparently they know his family- I guess anyone who donates a million dollar anything to a college is treated like royalty- and they let us in as is. Although we were guided to a small table towards the back."

He grabbed for his water bottle and realized it was empty. Travis quickly got up and grabbed him another, handed it to Adam. After a few swallows, he was ready to go on.

"Anyway, he ordered everything for us. I had no freaking idea what I was going to have for dinner." He smirked a little. "I knew Albert was sort of wound tight, but now I could see he was a little controlling, too. While we were waiting, he took my hand and began pouring his heart out to me. I was stunned and uncomfortable. I had hoped I could let him down gently. But, no, he was talking about traveling Europe with me, visiting Italian vineyards, seeing Paris. It was freaking me out. I tried to pull my hand away, but he held tight. Told me had waited for this day since the day he met me. That I was his soul-mate! He wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise. Finally our appetizers arrived and he pulled his hand away for a moment. I knew it was then or never."

Travis was saw Adam clench his jaw. "It's okay. Adam. You can tell me anything."

Adam looked into Travis's eyes. "I know. I just feel bad that I hurt him that night. Maybe if I hadn't... well, hindsight, right?"

Travis nodded. "It didn't sound like you had a choice. Not if you wanted to be honest."

Travis's understanding fueled his resolve to get the rest of the story out about that horrible night. "Yeah, so I finally jumped in. I told him I was flattered, but that I really only cared about him as a friend. His eyes got so big and his skin became completely white. It was almost like he hadn't even considered that I wouldn't be with him. I am not sure what he had built up in his head, but the night was not going as he planned. He suddenly grabbed my hand and squeezed really tight, pleading with me with his eyes. It was sad and I didn't know what to do. I felt like a monster, Travis. A goddamn monster. And I hurt the only friend I even had at college." Adam felt unshed tears on his lashes, brushed them away and looked at Travis again. Wondered if Travis thought he was an ass that had let Albert on? Once again, he didn't see any condemnation in his gaze. Only compassion.

"The night ended quickly. He stood up and threw money down on the table, leaving me. I wasn't sure what to do. Should I follow him? Stay and eat... But he left and that made up my mind. I apologized to the waiter and added a little money to the tip before I called a cab and headed back to the college. I don't think I slept that night."

"But, you still had to see him in class, right?" Travis asked.

Adam nodded. "And he made his move the next day." Adam rubbed his temple as the memories flooded back. ""I got home from class and the room was filled with balloons. All colors of the rainbow. There was an envelope on my bed with my name on it. I immediately recognized Albert's handwriting and was suddenly filled with dread." A shudder ran through him. Even today that card freaked him out.

"I opened it and it had a picture of red roses on the front and said 'To My Love'. When I opened it the pre-printed poem or message was blacked out. Instead he had scrawled horrible things all over the inside. Calling me his and how I had teased him long enough and that if he couldn't have me, no one else could. Basically a bunch of crazy shit." He laughed, but not because it was funny. No, Adam laughed because he had been so clueless. "Crap. Like I said, I thought he might have had some interest, but I had no idea he was unstable. That was the first of many, many more cards and gifts. I tried avoiding him, but of course, he was in my English class and I had to see him then. He would always smile at me and ask how my day was going. As if he hadn't just snuck into my room and left a leather dog collar on my pillow."

Travis coughed, shocked. "What?!"

Adam looked over to him. "Oh, that was one of his tamer gifts. Let's see," he paused and thought back, "within the timespan of about two weeks, I received more than a dozen cards, a butt plug, a large hot pink dildo, the dog collar, a Kindle, a leather whip, a book on bondage- with a handwritten note inside telling me how wonderful it would be when I finally submitted to him." He shook his head. "He even signed me up for a gay bondage magazine."

Travis held his rage back, but it was boiling just under his skin. "What did the school do about him?"

Adam grimaced. "I, um, didn't tell them at first."

"Why not?" Travis was shocked.

"See, I didn't want to be responsible for Albert getting suspended or expelled from the school. I felt like it was my fault for hurting him. I wondered if I had given him signs without realizing it. I mean, sometimes a person can do that, right?" He didn't wait for a response. "Plus, I wasn't sure if anyone would believe me. He came from such a rich, well- connected family."

"But, you had all that proof!"

"Yeah, I did. And for some reason I held onto all of it. I didn't throw anything out, even though that was my first instinct. I kept everything in a box in the closet. But, it was his next move that...well, fuck... let's just say he stepped up the level of crazy."

Adam still felt warm. Reached down to unbuckle his belt and then unsnapped the top of his jeans. He looked over at Travis and forgot what he was doing. "Hi." He smiled at the sexy man.

Travis smiled back. God, his boyfriend was a lightweight. The bourbon was really starting to affect him. He stared down at this half-opened jeans, wanting to tug the zipper down for him. No, he told himself, focus!

"Adam," he prompted him.

"Oh, hi Travis." Adam said, a dreamy little smile playing at his lips.

"What did Albert do next?"

Adam's eyes flashed, remembering what they were talking about. "That dickhead photoshopped my head to a photo showing some guy with a tiny dick jacking off. Then he printed it out and put it on EVERYONE'S desk in my class! On the same day I had two finals- including English!"

"Fuck," Travis whispered.

"And then when I ignored him again and tried to deal with the humiliation and just finish the damn semester, I actually get called into the Dean's office! They accused me of printing it and handing it out! Basically, they accused me of being some sort of sick pervert. They even said they had a witness! I knew immediately that it was Albert. They were going to expel me!" His long-held anger came back to the surface. "God, I was pissed, Travis. And then I remembered the box in the closet." He laughed. "They actually had a school security guard 'escort' me back to my room to get the box. Me! I was the victim! I guess when your daddy donates a million dollar building, you are guaranteed to never get in trouble." He smiled at Travis. "At least, that's what Albert thought."

"Hold that thought," Travis said and went to grab a couple waters. He knew Adam still had the second bottle he had given him earlier, but figured it was hot by now. Besides, his throat felt tight and he was worried about Adam. He looked flushed. Hot and angry. He hurried back and handed one of the bottles to Adam. "Drink it, baby. You look hot."

Adam drained the bottle quickly, letting the cold water slide down his throat. He left it in his hand, but Travis saw it start tipping and grabbed it away from him and set it on the floor next to his feet. Adam didn't seem to notice.

"Go on, Adam." Travis urged quietly.

Adam pressed his lips together in a flat line, finally sighed and started back on his story.

"When we got to my room, the door had red graffiti on it. 'Cocksucker'. 'Whore'. 'Faggot'... they were all scrawled in big red letters across the door. The security guard that had escorted me motioned for me to step back and held his finger to his lips so I would keep quiet. I was a little freaked out and don't think I could have gone in without being pushed, anyway. So, he opened my door noiselessly and slipped into the room."

"What happened?"

"I heard this scream and then some yelling and suddenly Albert burst out of my room! He was naked, except for something red on his cheeks and his chest. And he was holding a knife. He was panicky and his eyes were wild. I mean, crazy wild. When he saw me, he lunged and I stepped aside in time." He stopped and took a deep breath.

Travis had scooted closer and placed his hand on Adam's arm on the back of the sofa. Adam felt his calming presence and continued. "Adam dropped the knife and I can't believe it, but I actually bent down to pick it up to get it out of the way. God, I was an idiot! He looked at me with this sick smile and just as I reached it, he ripped it from my hands. He leered and raised his hand over his head, but I heard something behind him and suddenly the guard inside my room jumped him and tackled him to the floor. Albert was so shocked he didn't struggle when the guy took the knife away and used his plastic restraints to cuff him."

"Fuck! You could have been killed." Travis could hardly believe it.

"Yeah, well... thank god that I was forced to have an escort. When he went inside, he found my bedding had been slashed. He found Albert in the closet with the knife. He had lunged at the guard thinking it was me. Apparently he got in a pretty good hit because it took the security guy a minute to pull himself back up."

"Wow. Just...wow!" Travis was shocked. This guy was psychotic.

"Yeah, I know. Later, when they went through the box of items I had saved they found a couple of snakeskins. I told them I had never seen them before. And before you ask, no, I have no freaking clue what those meant. Oh, and the red paint on the door and his body? Wasn't paint. The sick freak stole blood from the lab." Adam shivered.

"Did he get expelled?"

"Oh, yeah. And arrested, of course. He pled the charges down, but had to enter a psychiatric hospital until medical staff felt he was stable. They said he would have a minimum of five years. And I was immediately told to place a restraining order on him for the rest of my life. Apparently, he had some sort of diary detailing how he was going to kidnap and torture me. They never told me about what it said, really, bit it was apparently some sick shit."

"And you never talked to him again? Until now?"

"Not exactly. That first year, he somehow got phone privileges I started getting weird, rambling voice mails. Poems he wrote to me. Sick things. I changed my number and that was it for calls. But, he did mail me a letter once. Well, really more of a picture."

Travis raised an eyebrow.

"It was a magazine picture of a snake. He had cut out my name in magazine letters and glue it across the top."

"What the hell?"

"Yeah, I never did figure out the snake thing. It never made any sense to me. He is crazy, though. Don't let him fool you. I can't believe I didn't remember his family owned this hotel."

"Are you okay? Do you want to leave tonight instead of tomorrow? I think your dad would understand." Travis paused as a thought struck him. "Wait. Does your dad know about Albert?"

"Oh, yeah. Both my parents know. Even my sister. They all went with me to the sentencing. And no, I am not going to let Albert ruin my life. No, I don't like knowing he may still be here in the hotel, but I don't feel threatened. First of all, I have you."

Travis's heart soared. Damn right, he had me, he thought!

"You make me feel safe, Travis." He smiled a little and let his gaze travel from Travis's eyes down his chest and back up. "You are so strong. God, I love your muscles." He reached out to touch Travis.

"Wait. You said first of all, so what's the second reason you don't want to leave early?"

"Oh, well surely the medical professionals wouldn't have let Albert go if he was still unstable."

Oh, god, Travis thought as he tried not to roll his eyes, his boyfriend was so naïve. He was so trusting. A man like Albert, with a family and connections like he had, could surely pay someone off to release him anytime. But he wasn't going to scare him.

"So, you still have an active restraining order against him?"

Adam's eyes looked a little unfocused.

"Adam?"

"Yeah?" Adam felt tired. The story and the bourbon took a lot out of him.

"The restraining order. Do you still have it?"

"Oh, yeah. But Albert told me it didn't matter because I came to him."

"Well, he's an ass and I don't believe anything he says. He may be right, but I would think he can't approach you without getting into some trouble."

Adam wasn't really paying attention anymore. Travis realized their conversation was over for now. "We have several hours before dinner. Do you want to take a nap?"

Adam nodded. Stood up and swayed a tiny bit. Travis grabbed him and walked him gently to the bed, where he plopped down on his back and closed his eyes. He reached down and unzipped the jeans and slid them over Adam's slim hips, throwing them over a chair.