All Comments on 'True Lies - Redux Ch. 02'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
I am enjoying this spy story so far.

It has more sex than many LW stories we have seen. I am still pissed that is posted in non-erotic. What a rotten way to limit the audience that will find this now and in the future. In years to come, it will not appear in the story spinner in LW because it will be in non-erotic, and who the hell checks that genre every day? Once again, I will complain via the "report a bug" (to the right) and ask others to do the same.

oshawoshawalmost 8 years ago

I want to second HDK' s comments. It is reprehensible that an untalented troll author with an agenda can dictate where stories are assigned. Following HDK suggestion I will request Laurel and Manu reconsider the decision to assign this to Non erotic and return it to LW where it rightfully belong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I agree with Harddaysknight and oshaw

Reported as suggested.

Good chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

You are still crafting an engaging story. I'm glad that I hunted for it after the series got moved from LW. While you aren't overtly describing the sexual situations, the story is centered around a cheating wife. Thanks for the work.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 8 years ago
Please return to loving wives category.

Banning signe wouldn't hurt either.

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 8 years ago
Nice!!

Thanks for sharing. Too bad you were jacked around about the category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It pisses me off

That this story got switched from LW to here. The biggest reason that I am mad about it, is the lousy precedent that it sets for future authors who are looking to and through the history of some of Lit's most successful authors for inspiration.

Anyway, I am enjoying this series so far. This chapter has MORE than enough sex in it, (talking about sex, characters motivated by sex, as well as descriptions OF sex) that I feel that the NON-EROTIC category is, in fact the wrong choice.

Anyway, my best advice to you about the story from an author's standpoint is about narrative point of view. I think that it IS good to be in Rachel's mind, as WELL as Jim's. But instead of switching back and forth, the omniscient 3rd person narrator voice might have worked better for the flow. Then, to really personalize the characters, their own dialogue reveals the rest of the character development. This story utilizes some good ideas, and the dialogue so far is by no means crap, but I wonder if you can tighten up on it a little better in the future chapters? Certainly, one thing missing are sweeping descriptions of setting (places, scenery, etc.). The 3rd person POV really helps you out there.

That said, I get it! Once you start writing it one way, shifting to something else is more jarring then beneficial. Really, using the 3rd person as POV, is advice for your NEXT big story effort, more than this one: an obvious learning experience.

Keep at it and good luck! In ANY regard, your efforts are appreciated! Perhaps all the more, because of the BS move played out by Shared Signe and her hypocritical agenda driven abuse of your freedom of expression.

Stand tall and firm! You have nothing to be embarrassed about!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
fuck Signe

the bitch reported the story and got it moved because she didn't like the content. and she is trolling the forums too, trying to get her way.

as HDK said: I will complain via the "report a bug" (to the right) and ask others to do the same.

oshawoshawalmost 8 years ago

For those interested: SharedSigne has written to the Authors Hangout in the Literotica forum section in her attempt to gain support of her position. For those willing to show your support of justbobkc you may wish to indicate your disagreement with this form of censorship.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Enjoying the story and all the subtext , both covert and overt

I get the wife's disrespect and her extramarital forays. The husband has method role-played the role of sheep, government beauraucrat beancounter all too well to satisfy a prototype ambitious alpha-bitch. He knew that when he married her and has ostensibly underdelivered on the expectations of maintaining such a woman. You can't own a tigress and content the beast by feeding it bean curds and whey. Excellent story.

Full marks. *****

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
Oshaw, would you please direct me to

the authors forum with the comment you mentioned? I seldom visit those things and I am unable to find the discussion to which you refer. Thanks! Look forward to your next story, regardless of the category, if I can find it!

All readers and authors should be concerned about being manipulated and relegated by one person..... that joined this site two months ago. This goes beyond the quality or content of any given story.

JounarJounaralmost 8 years ago

@HDK

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=78556084&posted=1#post78556084

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
@hdk

You are totally right. Here's the forum post:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1324480

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
"She can report stories all day long.

We only move stories if we feel that they need to be moved. I believe this is the only one we've moved." Laurel went on to state, "We read the story and agreed - it is more of a spy thriller. Loving Wives stories should focus heavily on the wife and/or on the marriage relationship. LW is an erotic story category. We felt that the marriage was not enough of the story, and that Non-Erotic was a better fit."

I just posted this, "Laurel, Your reason for moving True Lies is seriously flawed. This story is very similar to hundreds of posted stories in the category. You have not moved the hundreds "wrongly" submitted to Loving Wives. LW is a very popular category. We all know that. Maybe half the stories are erotic. Many do not even have wives, but that never prompted you to remove them. Some are about girlfriends. The top stories in the category are not erotic and are mostly revenge stories. Your justification lacks logic and consistency. You are yielding to a delusional would-be writer. Do you want to scrub LW down to just what SS feels are erotic, or do others have a voice in this matter? LW will become a wasteland if you allow SS to have her self serving way.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Amen ! HardaysKnight !

It's very obvious to me that a few very jaded individuals are bound and determined to literally do irreconcilable damage to this site.

The very fact that this so called writer ( I personally believe it to be the one formerly known as Frontlinecaster , just from some of the similar vocabulary and boasts made) can come here , and in two short months , turn Literotica into Lush ll is beyond description !

I guess from now on all LW stories must have a "Token" sex scene , regardless as to whether it furthers the story line or not !

Maybe if enough people reported Sharedsigne /Frontlinecaster , they can be banned from Literotica ! They certainly do not have the best intentions for this site in mind , in my opinion !!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Interesting story and different from the usual write by numbers plots

This has been a very interesting story and it keeps the reader guessing. This author has chosen to add geopolitical background and politics to flesh out the story and add dimension to the ploit. If those elements annoy some readers because they disagree politically then they don't need to read the story.

Chapter Two laid out several possible directions the relationship could take.But It clearly is a LW story because the central relationship is between a husband and wife. With the wife having an affair, how could it not be ? This could go so many ways. BTB, reconciliation, RAAL or something different.

Recently the LW genre has been cluttered with sub 2.5 drivel that can't even be called stories. If you exclude the real storytellers like Mainefiddleheads,qhml1,Slirpuff and vandimonium1 this category have been an absolute disaster.

Is this like the WifeWatchman stories that often show up in Non-Erotic ? Although when WW writes about sex, it's often enough for a whole series vs. just one story. But again WW is writing a series of stories where the main protagonist is a police commander locked in a battle with a shadowy mastermind of crime, like a Moriarty.

He has a super hot wife and an open marriage, yet he is no cuck and the characters work.

Does Laurel want to turn LW into a safe space where the only acceptable plotlines don't offend anyone's political sensibilities, or just the local SJW whose only acceptable storyline is a willing cuck.

justbobkcjustbobkcalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks again to all my readers and early voters.

I have had several private comments via feedback and I appreciate all the private support and suggestions offered. I am quite honored to hear such support and encouragement from a few of the well-established and respected authors in this very difficult and emotionally charged particular category.

I did not mean for this kind of ancillary controversy to arise - but it does seem apparent that "non-Erotic" does have an impact on the readership - at least quantity wise.

The second chapter is garnering fewer views since it was posted initially as the changed "non-Erotic" category - but this is the start of a major holiday weekend also. I can't force myself to spend a lot of time in this whole debate right now merely because I am deep into Chapter 3 and it's flowing pretty good, plot wise, I think. If I don't hit a block I should be able to submit it tonight or tomorrow, but again with the holiday I can't say when it will actually hit.

I admit that for whatever reason this genre grabs my interest more than any other at this stage in my life and after reading quite a bit other stories, both in the LW genre but also some of the classic non-fiction description articles like "love your fans" (IIRC) I can appreciate the deep feelings especially this genre seems to generate. I would not bother to write JUST a "spy story" without this central breaking marriage core plot.

Thanks again to all the commenters - and especially those with constructive comments on both the plotting and just the writing style in this story. I certainly agree one of my major lacks right now is "different voices for different characters." I do think about that and I'm trying but that is a personal challenge for me.

foolscapfoolscapalmost 8 years ago
Draining the swamp

SharedSigne's crusade is to move stories like this one out of loving wives so that the fetish shit that she dumps in there will be all that's left. She believes that she should be the supreme arbiter of content and frankly she is only a mediocre author at best. Those who care about quality and oppose censorship by a literary lightweight should oppose this effort by communicating directly with Laurel to voice their opinion.

It is clear SS doesn't understand the difference between porn and erotica and her claim of being a successful novelist remains unsubstantiated. I have wondered if she/he/it is just another personality of the FLC collective with their Texas roots.

Please stand up to this one, very vocal, below average wannabe author.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
The next chapter is a few days away.

We need to develop some sort of system that will let readers know when the next chapter is posted as no one will be following non-erotic. If anyone thinks that you get as many views in non-erotic as in LW, they are badly mistaken. Having a story moved to non-erotic is like being banished from the site. This writer is being penalized because one person has somehow, and quite inexplicably, swayed the moderators to move a story that is an example of the heart of LW. I am open to suggestions on how to counter this drastic tilting of the playing field.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
WHO IS GOING TO "DID" IT

who gets caught and how, TK U MLJ LV NV

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years ago
To HDK

If all BTB stories were moved to Non-Erotic, wouldn't that vastly increase the readership of that category? I'm not being a wise-ass. I honestly think that if all the stories involving divorce, revenge, and murder were moved to Non-Erotic, everyone would be happy. BTB fans wouldn't need to worry about accidentally stumbling across a cuck story, and cuck fans wouldn't have to read the BTB tales.

Win-win, I say. Of course, I've proposed this since I got here, and no one has listened to me.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
Non-erotic has a bad ring to it on a porn site.

I would agree to have a category for cucks, for hot and shared wives, and for cheating wives and the consequences of their actions. They could break LW into sub genres. But the fact remains that Loving Wives dominates in views and comments and to be cast into non-erotic is the kiss of death, at least at this time. The fact also remains that a huge number of stories in LW are not erotic and most readers are fine with that. Swinger, you have made your complaints known and I appreciate that. SS has suddenly been given the power to move stories to other categories. She will be gone from here in a few months or so, but the evil she does will live after her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Have my attention

Very good story!! Glad I remembered your pseudonym,as I read the first installment on LW then tracked your story to NE

Richie4110Richie4110almost 8 years ago
Why is the Catagory important?

I really don't care about the Catagory; I do care about the quality of the story and the author's writing skills. I'm glad I found this story and look forward to the next and the next etc chapters because reading it gives me great pleasure.

I also love reading some of the comments that give insight to that persons character. They do not change my interest nor my value of justbobkc's talent.

justbobkcjustbobkcalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Chapter 3 was just submitted.

I have added a little more graphic eroticism and I've brought the focus back on the the whole angst of the crumbling marriage a tad. I admit I am shooting for a "hard R" kind of eroticism like the original "True Lies" movie and more like mainstream eroticism.

Maybe I've got some personal blinders on and just my own selection criteria, but I've found just so many good stories here that certainly I would not consider "just porn." And I don't consider Literotica "just a porn site." Maybe I just don't get it.

I have also respectfully asked the approvers to leave this chapter - at least - in the LW category. Thanks again, everyone. We'll just see what we will see...(I KNOW that's another quote from some movie...I can't quite place right now.)

The story is far from finished and now I've got to think about chapter 4. I'd like there to be a few more surprises myself in how it all ends up. :-)

ken philipsken philipsalmost 8 years ago
This is right wing fundamentalism Republican political crap

Lost me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What happened with the story...

..."We need to talk" posted a week or so ago?Got deleted because it was BTB too?

About True Lies:

Good Story, but the author is putting too much in a crusade ChristiansXMuslims. Every one of them have their defects.Don't forget the Dark Age before you put a finger in Muslims savagery.

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
To @swingerjoe...

To @swingerjoe: What you said in your comment is exactly as if someone said: "If all wimp/cuckold stories were moved to Non-Erotic, wouldn't that vastly increase the readership of that category? I'm not being a wise-ass. I honestly think that if all the stories involving cheating, disrespect, and degradation of husbands and women were moved to Non-Erotic, everyone would be happy. Wimp/cuckold fans wouldn't need to worry about accidentally stumbling across a BTB story, and cuck fans wouldn't have to read the BTB tales"! It's just the same thinking, the same words...Just like: The stories "I don't like" should be removed to grey category...The people "I don't like" should be in prison, like in the "MacCarty period"! An so on...

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
About this part 2...

About this part 2...I see it as a transition chapter...where some new peons are thrown in the "game"...So we have to wait for parts 3 and 4 to know how all will end...Hoping those and these two parts are already in LW!!! 3* for now

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
Nicely hung over the cliff

This audience will be hanging in there. Do not worry about me. I enjoy BTB and RAAC! I do not quite understand how he can go to a lower ranked government position according to the rules. I thought that the salary could only go up as a public servant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Boring.......

Boring.......boring......I almost fell asleep. Where is the action ???????

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I like the story BUT...

...the socio-political diatribe is REALLY starting to get in the way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I guess there's a.............

I guess there's a story in here somewhere but dammed if I can find it...

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
the comments are more entertaining than the story

I fear the drama coach doubling as psychologist will only take this further down the dreary pathway of yada yada yada

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
OK...

Is this going to be another "masculine" cuck husband?? There seems to be a pattern in your stories. Wife cheats and whores; while thoroughly enjoying sex with a richer, better endowed man. Other man dumps or abuses cheating wife, Wife comes back to cuck husband and all is forgiven?? Lets see slut wife actually pay for her sins!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

boring

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

I’m enjoying it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Need more "Tom Arnold" humor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Like this story so far👍

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

Enough for me. ⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Confused, confusing, puerile. A sophmore's reading of both classic liberalism and political philosophy in general

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous