All Comments on 'Trust'

by BillandKate

Sort by:
  • 180 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Pretty good until it got to Ginny

Widow, war hero, kid, all to pat and a cup of high fructose corn syrup on top.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
ONE TWO UNBUCKLE ME SHOE

third time could be the charm, TK U MLJ LV NV

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Retro LW

Somethings never go out of style.

This is the kind of story that got me hooked on this site and this category . It feels almost retro , this could very well have been posted ten years back. And to me , that's a very good thing.

It was just a wee bit syrupy , but big deal , I really enjoyed it.

B&K , I've said it before , but in my eyes , your stock just keeps rising. Please keep it up.

4*'s

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
doesn't make any sense

For the usual reasons. Mainly, there is no explanation for the betrayal. He should have at least listened -- in a rational world. No wonder he had trust problems. Who knows? Maybe he was simply a terrible judge of character. After all, the first marriage started out nice and sweet, didn't it? Just like the second one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good workman like story

I took a point off for the myth that college students have little regard for the military or military personnel. Young people may not consider the military as an option for themselves but study show that across the board Americans of all stripes hold military people in higher regard then just about any other profession including the clergy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
inclusion of Debbie's "revenge" video

I wonder if this part was added to fulfill some sort of "erotic" content mandate?

See, that part of this overall very good story, is what I liked the LEAST.

I feel that it was unnecessary; a sentence that mentioned her sending him the video and how he watched in DISGUST, as he contemplated posting it online. Yeah that would have been enough.....FOR ME.

But instantly I realized, the added descriptions of Debbie with her fuck buddy, were actually a boon to possible detractors who might say something about this being a NON-EROTIC story. And God forbid it get reported and moved....

I think it sad because, at its core, this story works just fine as a character study where the central theme is losing , earning and valuing trust after a betrayal. And since the betrayal is sexual in nature, as well as the TRUST being emotional manifested in a sexual relationship. I have never understood why people complain about the so-called erotic content. These people call this a porn site. I think that is offensive. This is a STORY site. This site has stories that have ADULT themes. Any of these stories would be inappropriate for children. When I read people who complain about erotic content by calling Literotica a "PORN" site, I actually laugh. Porntube, Porn Hub, those are porn sites!

Anyway, I think that what you tried to do, you were very successful at. This WAS more the classic LW story, detailing the pain, betrayal and fallout from the consequences of adultery. All but that one scene with the video that was un-needed, I really thought this a 5 star effort.

I agree with another commenter that you are getting better, and improving with every story you post. Keep up the good work, and thanks!

oshawoshawalmost 8 years ago

Enjoyed the story.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 8 years ago
****

Good writing, just couldn't connect with the story. The start just never seemed to sync with the end.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "doesn't make any sense"

No explanation, not once it was obvious that there had been others!

She was just a cheating slut!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

As usual, writing these as I go, so some comments may be over-taken by future events,

"trying to figure out how I was going to confirm my worst fears. If Debbie was screwing this asshole, we were finished" - WTF? I realize it's just gossip, but he KNOWS that she lied to him because she had a lunch "date" with a known pussy hound. Yeah,MAYBE she hasn't fucked him YET, MAYBE Heidi wasn't REALLY forced to quit because of her affair with Simon, but come on! Put two and two together!

Depending on my relationship with the ex-in-laws I probably wouldn't send it to them, but I DEFINITELY would have sent it to their employer,maybe with a note: "Is this part of your benefits package?" It wasn't mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised if Simon was in a superior position and could be in trouble.

"she looked at the read out and ignored the call." - Maybe it's an ex that she doesn't want to deal with.

I assume he never told him about how his marriage ended? So she KNEW about his past and tried to keep secrets from him? I'm sorry, he may be damaged goods, but she was just DUMB!

"That's OK, but you shouldn't have replaced your friends with self-centered grabbers out for themselves." - Hank makes it sound like he deliberately went out of his way to choose those kind of friends, it's not HIS fault that turned out to be like that; for that matter, I find it hard to believe that he never formed friendships with ANY good people! It only stands to reason if he was drawn to loyal people in the past that he would be drawn to similar people in the future.

"Is she still hot? Did anything happen between you two while she was in town?" - Come on,that's SO out of character for him! Maybe it's supposed to highlight just how damaged he is, but for a guy who puts such a high value on fidelity, to suggest that two of his best friends that he KNOWS also put a high value on fidelity, might fool around defies belief.

"Could my failed marriage be partially blamed by my selfishness, or the fact that I married a woman with traits of selfishness similar to my own?" WTF? When was he ever shown to be selfish? Yes, SOME of his athletic events and his job relied on his own efforts, that doesn't make him selfish! The closest he came to being selfish was choosing track over football.

I wasn't crazy about how the focus shifted from his wife cheating on him, to HIS being self-centered and selfish.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 8 years ago
Another 5* story form you!

There were two loving wives in this story. A "loving" wife and a LOVING wife.

Glad he dropped the former and found the latter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
ghost

BillandKate, I dont know about you but most men aren't going to live in the shadow of a late hubby no matter what kind of man or hero he was. When you get married the vows say" forsaking all others " and that means putting a late wife or husband where they belong, in your memories not on your sleeve,,,,,,

Richie4110Richie4110almost 8 years ago
A Real Feel Good

Great story as well as a tribute to those who serve and protect.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
A good story...

A good story...And being so, it could have gone to some other category too. It's a trubute to soldiers that fight or fought for their countries, a tribute to real friendship (His friend was what I call a real friend...) and a tribute to real love that comes with care, trust and respect...without one of these there is no real love...4*

mike9698mike9698almost 8 years ago
Good story 4*

I do have two nitpicks though. I hate to tell you this but there is just as much cheating going on in small towns as there is in the big city. Another problem for me was how his girlfriend reacted to his suspicion she was cheating. She knew he got divorced because of his wife cheating so what does she do. Starts taking and hiding phone calls and meeting a guy at a hotel. What is she fucking stupid. No I bet it's that stupid female bullshit double standard. The one that says it's okay for women to be jealous but if a man is he is a Neanderthal knuckle dragger. It's okay for a women in a relationship to have male friends but the man better not have any good looking female friends.

starmanfivestarmanfivealmost 8 years ago
Great story!

The theme to learn, or relearn trust, was a winner. The idea that one can drift away from good people is rarely covered in LW. The first wife was a real piece of work. Good riddance. Hank was a great device for getting Mark on track. A good friend is a friend for life. The military angle was a nice touch. Terrific writing. Five stars.

GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 8 years ago
@sbroke103x...

I agree with parts of your critique, I had also wondered why he _didn't_ use the Ex's sex video as the weapon of war it was intended to be? ...send it to the idiot's WIFE, for example? send it to her parents? If turnabout really is being fair play, he'd also have been "within his rights" (so-to-speak) to try and use that wedge to counter-cuck the dude.

...and yet - he didn't, with no explanation as to why. Given how upset he seemed to be at the time, this is curious.

Chuck100Chuck100almost 8 years ago
Great story, anonymous /ghost - has it wrong.

You did a great job of getting across how a fragile a self-centered person is as well as strength and integrity comes from trust. As far as living in the shadow of a person who demonstrated great Trust and bravery. Chuck was part of her past now and for ever changed her, as would anyone in a deep and loving relationship does to their partner. If you don't accept that, your relationship with that person is doomed to fail. She was lucky to have had such a person in her life. Mark was not trying to replace Chuck, but accept that he was part of her life and was now gone. He wanted to start his own path together with her as a loving, trusting couple.

patilliepatilliealmost 8 years ago
Very sweet story

with a happy ending, which I prefer. Love lost, redemption of character for our narrator, and love found. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Good read I enjoyed it. I am not sure how he could come away from his 1st marriage without trust issues. I don't think the damaged goods label was justified. Thanks for the story

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 8 years ago
Nice Story ... But ...

I enjoyed the story. It is a good tale of development influence and true friendship. What it is NOT (at least in my humble opinion) is a full-fledged LW story. Yes, Sweetie2 (wife Deborah) was Hubby's wife, and, yes, she was adventurous! Without her, the story would be vastly weaker, even meaningless! However, her role was exhausted even before the divorce was finalized. Sweetie3 was his initial change-agent (some time after Our Feet of Clay Hero caused her to drop his impulsive ass!)

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopalmost 8 years ago
Excellent

Brought several tears to my eyes. Great job

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Wow. Magic solution, really. Total bullshit.

First cunt needed burning. He should have made her video go viral. Pity.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartalmost 8 years ago
i liked it

Had to skim a few parts but enjoyed the story.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Journeyman wordsmithing

Not exactly pushing the envelope, but easy to read . There was minimal tension in last phase of story , personally I would have inserted just a bit of drama , perhaps a misunderstanding or mixup that tests the growth of principal characters' principles. Good ending . .. no quarrel with that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wrong Category

The story started out ok, then went off in a totally different direction.

"released on my own reconnaissance." I think the word you were looking for was "recognizance", NOT " reconnaissance."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
3*s

Good story.

All the drama was in the first page. Missed opportunity for a more dramatic story. His realization and resolution of the self-centered person he had become. Could have involved her and her son in that journey.

Gave you 3*s.

Your writing seems to have reached a plateau.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing your next story.

AMerryman

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
Good

The plot was a little chopped up and compressed. The best part was him understanding that he had forked off on a road that lead him to selfishness and selfish people. The second best part was him working to correct that error. Next time smooth out the plot. Give it a little more depth and do not have the character hopping all over the place. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A good story with a happy ending

he found himself after a cheating wife and trust issues losing a beautiful women to find an old love available after her husband dies in Afghanistan . So many things had to come together makes it a soapy story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Further Thoughts

I get the feeling that the writer intended from the start that Mark was going to end up with his high school sweetheart, and Becky was just filler to show how "damaged" he was, not to mention that if he worked things out with Becky the story would have been much shorter!

I'm not sure if this has been said, but knowing his history, planning a surprise party that requires her to act in a suspicious manner, including meeting strange men at hotels shows extreme thoughtlessness at best! She could have handed off the details of the planning to her mother, or sister or best friend. She could have chosen a hotel with a female party planner.

I believe someone else has said, again knowing his past, why didn't she TALK to him instead of running off and dumping him?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Meh. Bland and uninspired.

Honestly, it's like you went down a checklist of magical wishes to turn him into the usual LW hero. Boxing champion, check. Olympian level track star, check. Football hero, check. Amazing lover check. Idol to women everywhere, check. Magical courthouse decisions, check. And and we forgot to mention he actually has a secret million dollar prenuptial proofed account because his psychic father knew she was a whore and chose not to mention it. Fairy tale ending check. Idiot explanation of random affair by retarded woman that he for some reason married, check. This is overdone to death . It is done one billion times in here. The only thing you missed was making him a CIA ninja war hero. I can't hate it because it's like walking into a lobotomized Mayberry. Pleasant, but boring and mildly retarded. There's no real plot or tension other than trust issues that are immediately magically fixed by an equally implausible second chance sexy woman, just a formula and checklist. Hard to like Ginny, you made her a non entity whose only value is fidelity, being hot, and marrying one hero after another. She seems to have no actual talents of her own other than popping out kids. Three stars for excellent writing otherwise.

Whoever the idiot who suggested Becky had an obligation to be his therapy sex toy through his trust issues is a straight up cunt. That is an abusive relationship. He has no right to expect trust and respect while expecting them from her. Both he and the author were smart enough to know that, not sure if the commenter is just one of the usual misogynistic Talibani cunts who think even second chance women are property, but holy shit, fuck off.

Glad Becky found better, but Would not have minded some BTB content here. The ex was a mean self centered whore.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 8 years ago

Interesting little surprise to see you mention the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club. Played tennis there one day and had lunch in the bar with the windows facing right out on the sand. At high tide the waves would come right up to the big windows and they had a small seawall under the windows to protect them. Heard a few years later a big wave came in and really messed up the bar. Nice story, kind of short and I guess predictable, but read pretty true to life.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsalmost 8 years ago
A sweet story

And thank you. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Once in a while

Xx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
AWESOME

To have the chance to learn what LIFE really is about. I understand a salesman s mind set on money I have been interdependent sales my whole life. Money is only a way to judge how your sales are going. You who read this take something from the story. And yes I was Infantry in Nam.

chytownchytownalmost 8 years ago
4th Of July***

Thanks for the read.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
I wish it could be that easy

As flawed as he was described, it would take more than the minor epiphany attributed to him for him to become trusting again.

A bit more relationship development during his weekend courtship flights, or descriptions of the bonding activities with Kevin would have helped.

And yes, I agree with several other posters, if his wife was willing to send a cd showing her infidelity, it should have been free to appear on local dignitaries.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sucked as always

I am sure you modeled the cucky cum sucker after yourself ya half a fag. Maybe I can put one deep into your MRS and you can chow down on it. But you would love it ya fag

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Bland and uninspired"

I don't know if I'm the "idiot who suggested Becky had an obligation to be his therapy sex toy through his trust issues," but just in case, please let me explain my position.

But she KNEW about his trust issues, and either didn't think about how her sneaky behavior would look to him, or thought about it but didn't think it was a big deal. Either way pretty thoughtless for someone that appeared to be a caring individual.

THEN, when his reaction shows how much she mis-judged his mental state, instead of sticking around and explaining what's going on, probably doing a lot to alleviate his trust issues, she runs off and dumps him.

Even if she decided he's "damaged goods", and couldn't deal with it, she could have stuck around, explained what was going on, and told him that she was sorry, she hadn't realized how affected he still was by his ex, and told him she couldn't deal with it,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Were it only true.

I wonder how often real life betrayal situations end up with the betrayed partner having the opportunity to revive his or her devastated trust in the arms of a perfect partner. In my long life I've been made aware that a surprisingly large percentage of my male and female friends have been betrayed, and to an extent most of them suffer trust issues long after the fact, some seemingly stuck in the "Becky" phase. I suspect that more than a few LW authors (and perhaps even more LW "nonnies") fall into that category, and, yes, I'm one of those.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I like this story.

I read for entertainment and this one entertained. Thanks for the contribution. Full marks. (signed ML)

NorbertrichardNorbertrichardalmost 8 years ago
A little unrealistic.

First off , any normal guy would have burned both the wife, and the lover to their employers . He would have sued the company , and they would have both lost their jobs, and he probably would have gotten a nice settlement, and i'm sure he would have told her where to look for the video, even if he didn't tell her relatives.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Norbertrichard Re: Suing the Company

I'm no legal expert but I believe that suing the employer is an over-used trope in LW.

The reason usually given are so-called "Morality Clauses", but those clauses are to PROTECT the company, not to expose them! Those clauses are to make it easier to fire employees who use their positions of authority to extract sexual favors from subordinates.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for posting. I look forward to your future posts that involve men who are not cucks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Isn't it interesting!

"...even screwing her a few times over the weekend; although I didn't get near her cunt with my mouth, no way was that ever happening again after some other guy's cock has been in there."

Isn't it interesting how when we find out they are cheaters, their pussy suddenly becomes a cunt. Along with the rest of the cunt too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Trust

sue the company for what? allowing their employees to take lunch? Last I heard, meal periods were still mandatory unless the union-busters and right-to-work fuck sticks changed it. No corporation ever controlled my sex life.

I'm touched by this story. Coming home with my own disability, I've lost a "friend," because she couldn't handle a crip. Boo-hoo, but my own trust has been shattered. Someday again, maybe.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 8 years ago
Suing the company

Morality clauses just make it easier for a company to fire someone, and the only liability they carry is that an employee who violates them loses his or her job. Sexual harassment lawsuits only work if the employee files them, not the employee's spouse. And most states no longer have alienation of affection laws.

The only way you could ever potentially sue a company because your employee spouse cheated on you while working there would be if you could somehow prove that management conspired to make the cheating happen not for the sex, but with the specific intent of causing you emotional pain.

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
OK

No tension and little build up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sobering, Realistic, Touching, Sexy, Real

I'm disabled. Strong narcotic meds block sex hormones. My multiorgasmic pussy shrank. Lost my clit and labia. My husband? I'm the one who took his cherry; my second marriage after my first pencil dick husband repeatedly cheated on me. Even with some of my now ex friends. He couldn't get any woman off, ever. He's had many before and after me and they never last.

My husband has been with me now 30+yrs. At our worst, when I refused him and did so angrily, he was propositioned. He refused her. Instead he came home and we talked. I was furious, even at him, as he was at me. But we talked and were seeing a psychologist for my injuries who also helped. My hubby listed God first, then me, not being able to serve two lovers 100% at same time, knowing he'd never ever trust her, that he loved me deeply, he loved the my taste and my shave job, and that he even looked at his wedding band!

Since dating he's gone w/me to ob/gyns and again we went for help (gyn was useless). Now I'm on replacement bioidentical hormones (estrogen/testosterone), got topical estrace cream & testosterone to get my labia & clit back (yeah!), and now he's also self injecting testosterone per md.

God rewarded us through the test. Our sex is hotter, we seek new ways of getting each other off, using fantasy and toys...we plan our sex and spend a whole day at it.

I know your story is true bc I identify w/so many of your emotions and experiences. Truly, I wish you and her a happy life together.

People here think cheating is cool or that cuckolding is good. What horseshit...!

Also, go w/your wife to her gyns, every time and her to your md's too. Gyns molest all the time; male (get caught) and female (get away with it). Rephrased questions, slow exams, talking about "ruling out, possible seriousness..." when I'm asymptomatic w/no family history. Caught them in the act.

There's a company in San Diego called Trovagene. They have an insurance accepted & coded (or $120 cash) urine based HPV test that's 93% accurate vs 53% for Pap Scrape. Look it up and make your doctor order it. Done at home. Pap does NOT test for HPV unless it comes back abnormal and only if md requests. Pap Scrape actually drives virus deeper where she can't fight it off as most do. Incidentally, did you know those exams involve touching us inside where we auto arouse and lubricate?

I douche almost daily (1T bottled white vinegar) and I'm clean & healthy & taste sweet. Rare yeast from antibiotic I use baking soda. He eats me as often as he can. While you're doing that to her, remember her anus has 8K nerve endings that will drive her to enormous orgasms too as they will you-wine will prevent cross contaminating. God Bless you for sharing. Read Blondes; explains how sperm/semen cause women to bond to men.

Super_Slut_69Super_Slut_69almost 8 years ago
To Anonymous on Bioidenticals for Men

Hi:

Read your comment. Tell you hubby to look into Bioidentical for men, they work better than injections. REALLY DO. One "injection" of pellets per quarter and you are good. Even covered by some insurances. Did wonders for my hubby after he had an accident that damaged his testosterone production. No not down there, hit his head and damaged something. Anyway, when we finally discovered it they said his hormones were like a young woman's, boobs and all. When they started the injections of testosterone is screwed other things up then we found the pellet treatment. It is better and does not have the daily or even weekly injections. Try it. It did wonders, he lost 40 pounds, stopped crying at commercials, he was a man again.

SharedSigneSharedSignealmost 8 years ago
Author -

Did you know you can report comments posted by non-anonymous authors if they contain foul language like this, "WHORE and guy drinks cCUM" posted by Kerry312?

I didn't either but recently was told how to do it by Laurel, bless her heart. There is a little grey button almost invisible on the lower right side of every comment. If you click it, it gives you a chance to report the user. If Laurel feels the comment is bad enough, she will ban that UserID. Just thought you might like to know.

Also if you get tired of meaningless insults posted by anonymous users you can turn off all anonymous comments. Just go into your profile, choose options, and click the box to turn off anonymous feedback. Everything gets more peaceful after doing this. Good commenters who want to remain anonymous publicly can always send you private feedback by clicking on your User ID. IHIH.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I liked the story but if my ex sent me a video ( childish as it might be) I would be sending it to every single person we knew and all of both families

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
unanswered

So, exactly how is he supposed to have learned to "trust" again? Is it just because he started to date someone from before he was cheated on? There really wasn't much in the development of the trust as the name suggests. There was lots of breakdown but little rebuilding, where the title and description seem to promise more.

Sorry, I didn't get it.

carvohicarvohialmost 8 years ago
Here's my take...

What was this story?

Choppy, yes. Melodramatic, sure was. Predictable, absolutely.

Thin plot, skinnier than Debbie. Scummed up with gratuitous lousy sex, all over the place. A five, damn right!

My only regret was the following. Were I our protagonist I think I would have stepped over to the table where the four women were chatting and I would have told them who I was. I think I would have asked them to tell Debbie they saw me and I overheard the things they said. I don't think the marriage would have been saved; she'd only been working there a short time before Simon got to her, but it would have been interesting when she got home that evening. I doubt if she would have wanted to run off to the tub right away.

You see one the 'boilerplate' aspects of this story was our hero's intention to get proof and to 'suck it up' around the house pretending to not know anything till he did. For me, no way could I have hidden my feelings.

Jedd Clampett

Make no mistake; I enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
American Military Medals Are EARNED, not Won!

While your story was most favorable to the US military in general, you slipped up when one person said the deceased Captain "won a lot of important medals". Armed combat is not a game, medals for service or heroism are earned. (Although most recipients of American heroism medals will tell you they did nothing special to deserve the award.). Notice the correct teminology: "recipients", not "winners".

Still gave you five stars.

A retired Army Lt. Col. with absolutely no medals for heroism or combat service.

virtualatheistvirtualatheistalmost 8 years ago
Anonymous 07/14/16 has it right

Medals are not won. They are earned, sometimes at a very high price.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Second story I've read of yours.

You have some great ideas and the bones of some interesting characters, but your stories just aren't delivering on them for me. I'm not buying that the trust issues got resolved just because he met up with good folk in his hometown.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

This is the first story of yours I have read and it has made me want to read a bit more.

Having been burned twice within 2 years, that is how I acted as well. Zero trust in just about anyone. So a very realistic reaction. and it took a while, therapy and a good, caring, understanding woman before I became whole again.

I would just like to point out one peeve of mine. Hope it doesn't sound pedantic.

""Her husband's last tour in Afghanistan. He got shot up, she didn't go into details but I understand he won some important medals for bravery, posthumously unfortunately."

Heroes in the military don't "win" medals. They humbly accept what they receive/earn.

In fact the only medal really "won" was when the Nobel organization handed obama one for basically nothing at all and completely cheapened the award and destroyed the organization's credibility (at least to anyone but left wing knee jerk raidicals).

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
Growth

Very nice story with a happy ending. Ignore the political rant by the previous commenter. As usual, people get very picky about veteran details, but I read fiction more loosely. I will say that the comment about track and field not encouraging team building was a bit irritating to me, seeing as though I was one of those guys. Some of us like to focus on personal achievement, others like team sports. It doesn't make one more balanced than the other; the world can accommodate both types, and my 30 year marriage thus far has been a pretty good team building experiment. Anyhow, a small nitpick. Don't you absolutely hate going off on a rant after misreading a situation? The clandestine anniversary episode was soooo embarrassing but very well done. Hard to believe she'd just cut and run so quickly, though. The biggest part of fiction and happy romantic endings is the discovery of wonderful women just waiting to pick our poor protagonists up. We can all dream, but don't count on it: beautiful, sensible and mature women don't stay at large very long.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
Obviously, for him, trust wasn't a natural thing...

He needed the group activities to sort of build his trust muscles...

For some people, trust is the norm where, in my case at least, they have to be taught NOT to trust someone...

But enjoyable story.

user110user110over 7 years ago
i wonder...

i think all that sap at the end gave me diabetes.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
Thank you

Been reading stories stories and finally found a feel good one.

Added to my faves. Now I can go to bed on a happy note.

Jay80Jay80over 7 years ago
Great Job

Just a really well done story...... So many well fleshed out characters with real emotional responses..... On a personal note, as an Army officer, I really liked the respect you gave to our fallen heroes...... 5*******

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
what

Didn't send video to hr at her work-none to friends-descalate the war she started by cheating after only knowing guy a few weeks

Must br Kate's influence. Open marriages are decision shared. Adultery-forget new age it is only sex-it is breaking a word-telling the world your word means nothing

Forget breaking someone's trust in you

American culture now accepts if not condones infidelity-reason for so many lawyers

NO ONE VALUES THEIR OWN WORD ANYMORE

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It was a good effort, but you stumbled over your own plot device.

If his first wife couldn't lie without revealing that she was lying, then how did she cheat on him, apparently more than once, for over six years, without him catching her in a lie? Unless it was a very shallow and distant marriage, she had to have lied repeatedly about where she was, why she was late, who she was with, etc.

The whole focus on trust is interesting, since it must reflect your own attitude and perspective. Trust isn't something you give to someone, trust is something a person earns from you. In any new relationship the very first thing you have to do is trust people to be human, which means trust that they will make mistakes. But you also must trust yourself, first. The betrayal of the first marriage was later perceived as being partly his fault for not finding and discerning a better woman. She obviously was very shallow, selfish, unethical, and dishonest. How does a person that bad hide from a truly perceptive and honest scrutiny. As your story sort of implied, he simply didn't take the time and care to get to know his first wife's character. She was rotten, how could he not notice? He wasn't looking hard enough.

You did a good job pointing out that fidelity is not about trust, but about personal integrity. Ginny had it, and so she earned his trust. She deserved his trust. But they will never take each other for granted, which was also implied in you story, when he states his gratitude to be allowed into her life after the loss of her first husband. He understands his good fortune, and will work damn hard to be Ginny's good fortune in return.

A thought provoking and well crafted story about real people. Thank you for your time and talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No Way!

I think after seeing Ginny, Kevin and her husband in the beach picture, I do believe I would of said my good-byes and left to the airport and booked an earlier flight home. No way would I tried to be a husband and a father with the love those two had for Chuck. I know that I could not even begin to fill his shoes.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
Tear to my eye

Yep, made me cry

0zed0zedabout 7 years ago
Saccharin!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy artificially sweet saccharin from time to time.

JeepLover42JeepLover42about 7 years ago
Had to throw in your cuck stuff

You know what I am talking about. Eating cream pies and the blow by blow video of him watching his wife have sex with her lover. That's your kink I guess, but it is gross to me.

That's why I won't be reading your stuff anymore.

Ocker51Ocker51about 7 years ago
Nice story

I gave it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️👍🏻

B_BaileyB_Baileyabout 7 years ago
Love it

I reckon I am a SAP for happy endings. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
definitions

I ended up spending the night in jail before I was released the next day on my own "reconnaissance".(military observation of a region to locate an enemy or ascertain strategic features.)

"recognizance" a bond by which a person undertakes before a court or magistrate to observe some condition, especially to appear when summoned.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago

Well, I can understand if Becky became scared, but it was still pretty harsh of her to just drop him without a single conversation, or giving him any chance to explain.

It was a single confrontation where he acted like a complete asshole because of his issues, not an abusive relationship.

A shame that Becky's mother perhaps interpreted it as the latter, convincing her daughter to end things.

A kinder person that cared more strongly for him, might have tried to get him into therapy for his trust issues, healing his wounds.

I think in their later meeting he was beating himself up way too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
fantasy

yeah, pretty syrupy tale, not bad though. dude should have sent the revenge video to EVERYONE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

cuck show masked as 'romance'.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 6 years ago
Good stuff...

He's not an idiot....he is broken and loses someone special and finally gets help. Good stuff.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Very nice.

All the elements of a LW's story. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Let me get this straight

He had the revenge tape she sent him and he just jacked off to it? Didn't send it out? What a cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Ironic because now I have to trust you in future stories

To not write a stupid cucking scene like that again. Why was that in the story? There was no reason for it to be there why would she be mad at him when she was the one that cheated? So she sends him a sex tape and he finds it sexy? Really? On what planet is this?

Apparently his great revenge was to make a tumblr account... That whole thing ruined the entire story for me. Do you fantasize about your wife having sex with another guy and video taping it for you? Is that why you wrote that in there?

deblackbusterdeblackbusterabout 6 years ago
Seems to be a recurring theme

Going through pain early on to find happiness at the end. Debbie needed to be seriously burned for that sex tape. Him letting her off that easy was a real downer for this story. Second girl was unfortunate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Too big a stretch

The cheating wife was standard stuff. Not sending the video to her family and friends was stupid. Emotions run high in divorces and any normal man would have burned her to the ground, given that particular chance. Then comes Becky. They seem to love each other. He makes a huge assumption and goes off like a rocket. She turns and runs off without saying a word? Not too much love there. She knew the minute it happened what he was thinking. A simply introduction explains things and defuses the situation. But she obviously didn't love him very much. They were just bed buddies. Then you want use to believe a meeting with his Mother and his childhood friend solve his trust issues? And he falls back to an old girlfriend that has a child and a dead husband? Undoubtably with issues of her own? Then he gets grilled by a bunch of soldiers. Not exactly a formula for a successful relationship going forward. But you gave us the Disney ending. Which was both improbable and unbelievable. Good story until the fairytale ending which rang hollow. Sometimes the hero doesn't save the maiden and live happily ever after. Most times reality sets in and life goes on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
You don't "WIN" Medals for Heroism in Combat, You EARN them!

Even in a fictional story, I found your characterization of what the deceased soldier did in Afghanistan to be an insulting denigration of what American soldiers do in combat!

Combat is not the same thing as going to a carnival side show and tossing bean bags onto a holed board, hitting the top bell of a pole with a sledge hammer, or other such childish games. Nor is it the same thing as picking five numbers and "winning" the lottery! You can win those things, you earn medals for heroism.

One star for that!

Lt. Col. U.S. Army (Ret.)

(And no, I don't have any medals from combat, but I served with many who did.)

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 6 years agoAuthor
To the comment below

Given I'm a veteran, that my brother is a retired officer and my son is a submariner; yes, I understand medals are earned, not won. If you paid attention to the story, you would have realized the "metal won" comment was made by a civilian during a conversation between two men that never served. In this context I think this is how the dialog would take place; not that I agree with it.

Sorry you thought my discription of the action that claimed his life of was poorly written. I tried to create a scenerio that would be heroic without going too Hollywood. You obviously felt I failed; try it yourself sometime, it's not easy.

Lastly, sorry to get a bit defensive, but my story was meant, in part, to pay tribute to the brave men and women who have served our country, especially those who have served in the long war in Afghanistan. I only hope those who have seen combat there understand how much I appreciate their service.

Bill

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
To

All You Service Men and Women and Ambulance, Paramedics, Firefighters, and Police! ..... I Humbley Thank You For Your Service,!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

On to the story!....What became of his ex wife ?

Anyway that's my Comment 5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Missed something

I have to agree, the opportunity to use the “sex tape” was underutilized. He should have made sure that all in Debbie’s circle were able to see her “true personnna”. The employer should have been notified, as the workplace romance led to the divorce. The workplace Romeo literally got off “scott free” to continue his conquests of married co-workers. Not acceptable in the #MeToo world we now live in. Just my opinion for what it’s worth. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
yuk

These stories winging about your wife getting fucking and pretending you're a big tough guy make me sick.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great story

This one is one of the many reasons he really enjoy BillandKate.

Bo47Bo47over 5 years ago
A very good tribute story. Thanks!

2 points raised by comentators; 1) Right on for not mailing the sex scandal tapes to all and sundry, mercy is a virtue and let he without sin cast the first stone And to look on a woman with lust in your heart is the same as adultry. Look it up. He did good.

2) The respect shown the service members is greatly appreciated. Commendations are awarded for above and beyond from higher command. Not wishing to diminish any awards, many men have done equal or greater deeds without such recognition because of lack of paperwork in the heat of the moment or because no one of higher rank survived to turn it in. Thank you all!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I really don't know the answer to this

Debbie sent him a DVD of herself having sex with the fellow who broke up her marriage. She said that was to make her ex jealous. How is that supposed to work? Is he supposed to want her back? How can she know that he even watched the whole thing?

If she just wanted it to hurt, wouldn't the possibility of him being angry and making her an internet star be obvious? I just don't think much of this move.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 5 years ago
Debbie's Happily Ever After....

... lasted exactly until the moment Simon saw the next pair of legs.

A womanizer who beds anything with breasts would have dumped her before she had finished choosing the curtains. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I love the personality progression here. You did a great job of walking us through Mark's transformation. Well-written!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
TO HELL WITH BEING THE BETTER MAN.......

That CD of Debbie having sex would have hit mom & dad's e-mail account just as quick as I could forward it. Maybe she'd have the satisfaction of thinking she was making me jealous but I'd certainly have the satisfaction of showing just what a cheap slut she was. We'd each have to live with our actions and attitudes.

And by the way, it would take a little longer to get everyone else she knew onto the address line of the next e-mail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Moronic guy

The guy should have immediately sued the ex-wife for sexual harassment after you received the video. There is no reason why one would ride "on a high horse" after that. If the suit does not work, put it on the internet, let everybody sees who she is and then sue the firm where she works. To hell with the "nice guy routine."

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
five stars

bit light for my taste but easy reading. considering it was a deliberate act of spite and cruelty, it was a shame not to share that dvd with friends and her family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sorry, but Becky was a bitch

She knows she dating a guy who's wife of years cheated on him and she decided its smart to sneak around on him?

Sure its for a party but still, and then to cut him off like that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
excellant

The only bad thing about this story is that ended so soon. When and author writes from the heart, those emotions flow through the story to the reader's heart. But, no matter how lovely, some readers miss it and throw negative comments. This only proves that you will find what you look for. Look for joy and you find it; conversely, look for the opposite, you will find it. I choose to look for love, joy, peace, patience, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow....

Nazi fuck Adolf Gruber makes a good point for once. Guess even a broken clock is right twice a day....

magenta9959magenta9959about 5 years ago
Was I the only one who wondered?

Well written and captivating, like all of B&K's work.

But ....

Becky was to meet Greg Huston the catering manager at the Marriott, right?

Yet the phone message was that she was "scheduled to meet a JR"

Huh?

Was Greg cover for a dalliance with someone else?

Was the number in her phone for JR that of the Marriott?

Suspicious minds would like to know.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBillandKate@BillandKate
2488 Followers
Husband and wife who love to bounce ideas off each other and who enjoy the Loving Wives category of Literotica. We'll keep writing stories - some with BTB, some with reconciliation - as long as the feedback has been mostly positive. The Anom. gallery can be a pain in the ass a...