Trusting Love Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jtoughkat
jtoughkat
145 Followers

Sure she had been through a harrowing experience but she had no memory of it and so shouldn't be so affected that she lost herself. She felt different so there was no reason to doubt what Trev had said, she had died, that was the only explanation as to why she was so changed. When she had looked into the mirror after dressing she had barely recognised the woman who had stared back at her. Her features while still the same had changed, a subtle change that nevertheless caught one's eye.

She was now lascivious, the depth of her eyes holding secrets she could not guess at. While the shape and fullness of her lips had not changed they somehow appeared lusher, enticing. She had suddenly turned into a sex bunny who exhibited all the innocence meant to draw the opposite sex. All she needed was a breathy voice to go with it and listening to it now Tara was dismayed to hear a thread that had never been in it before. A mesmerising quality that invited things that she would never dream of offering, well maybe only to Trev. Was this how all immortal women were? No matter this was who she now was and she intended to own it, in her own way.

"Dance with me." Trev said after their meal was done. Their waiter had not had to run for his life again.

"You are supposed to ask Trev." She admonished.

"Don't you want to dance?" he sounded surprised.

"I do but a woman likes to be asked instead of the demand you issued."

Giving her that smile that went straight to her girly parts he stood and offered his hand to her. "May I have the honour of this dance miss Townsend?" he asked with old world formality.

Her eyes danced up at him, a smile splitting across her face. "It would be a delight Mr. St. James."

He leaned over to her as if about to impart a secret, the look on his face a tad bit sheepish. "Actually it is your highness." He corrected.

"What?" Tara was sure she shouted that with an oh so telling lack of finesse. She couldn't have heard him right, right?

He nodded, again as if he could read her mind which given that he had some mystical powers just might be the case. "I am a prince." He informed her as he helped her unresisting self up and onto the dance floor.

"Couldn't you have told me this before?" she grumbled suddenly intimidated and just when she had convinced herself that she could handle the whole thing, he threw another curve ball. She narrowed her eyes at him "What else aren't you telling me?"

"When we get home I will answer all the questions you have, right now I want to hold you, get lost with you." Her heart skipped a beat and she melted against him as he took her into his arms

*

She was graceful, had always been but as with everything about her it was now enhanced. She fit against him like she had always been there. Their moves were effortless that they seemed to float on the dance floor as the music became a part of their togetherness. It was like it was an accompaniment to them alone even as they were in the sea of other dancers.

His wolf was at peace holding her; it had been tormenting him since he had woken up, wanting her. Clawing and biting, something the Alpha had never done even when they were younger. As she had her head lying against his shoulder and his chin resting against her crown he let his wolf surface. Though his Alpha was aching to claim their mate the wolf would have a bit more control in public. Trevyn took a back seat to the wolf, experiencing their mate more through its senses.

Her scent was more acute, the wolf excluded that of the products she used until only her natural scent remained. Trevyn had not known he could do that and he savoured the exotic fragrance she exuded. It was like nothing he could name, light, it evoked the memory of something ephemeral, superlative splendour one was awed to encounter, joyous even as the pain of knowing you could never have them again was prominent.

Wonder blossomed in the wolf, a need to howl his supremacy, a primal call all would know. He had found his mate, held her with all the possessiveness of his nature. She knew she was his, and soon he would find a way around her chastity spell and they would be mated. He dared anyone to take her from him. None would get close to her unless they courted death.

"You feel different than you did a moment ago." She murmured.

"Does it scare you?" the wolf asked. There was a subtle difference in the inflection of the voice, something few people ever noticed but Tara was proving to be too intuitive. She had felt the difference in the wolf so quickly surely she had noted the difference in the voice.

She didn't lift her head or tense as he thought she would but settled even more against him. "It should." Her voice was intimate and stroked his inside so much that he felt himself almost purring. "But for some reason I feel safer."

It was all he could do not to howl in triumph, he was at his most predatory, his wild power more in the open, scaring some of the lesser immortals about but she felt safer with him. Closing his eyes he savoured the feeling, a part of him wishing they were at home so he could persuade her to let him touch her or to touch him. Wolves were earthy creatures, given to a lot of touching, and addicted to taste, it was all he could do to keep his hands to himself but wolves were also loyal. He would never break a promise he had made to his mate.

They danced as if there was no one but them. Nothing else mattered but the feel of her in his arms, her sweet breath caressing his neck, the heat coming from her body as he held her close. There was no space between them as their bodies rubbed against each other with the tiniest of movement. She shivered as his hand trailed down her spine, her breath shallowed and the hand on his shoulder tightened. Turning her head she rubbed her lips against his chest, an innocent sensual caress that clenched his heart.

"Promise me you won't ever keep things from me. After you tell me whatever it is you're keeping." She whispered. "I know there're some things that will have nothing to do with me but I need to know those that affect me."

"I promise." He would keep that promise even if it killed him. Wolves were after all simple beings at their core, their needs primal. They didn't break promises. She looked up at him with those big fiery pools she had for eyes and his world narrowed to her face. Drawn to her his eyes spoke for him when she robbed him of speech. Her smile of accent was all it took for him to lower his lips to hers.

*

No one had told her it would be like this, intense, elemental. The taste of him was different, more primal, rough uninhibited yet so controlled. He delved into her mouth, explored every inch with his tongue. He was thorough, tasting her like she was a treat he could never get enough of. Their tongues duelled, caressed and teased whilst he held her with easy strength. His heat held her as much as his arms did; imprinting him on her until she was sure she would always carry the feel of him, the taste.

She moaned, loving the sweet sensations that danced through her where she had felt nothing for decades. The feel of her lover's body flush against hers brought the ancient being to the fore. From the moment of creation she had been asleep and when she should have been awake she had been put into a deeper sleep. She had been awaken at the point of Tara's death and feeling how Trev's wolf had arisen had shown her how to do just that.

His hand spayed her back, searing her naked skin. She dug her nail into him, holding him to her. Lost in the feel of him she pressed closer seeking more of him, all of him.

A moan of protest issued from her when he broke their kiss but the smile he gave her made up for it, only for her. "We are not alone here for all I want to do." The formality of his wording pulsed a thrill through her.

"Let's go home." She heard the invitation and need in her voice and her heart gave a hard kick. She had waited longer than the earth had existed for this, knowing that her lover would come but never knowing much about him. Now here he was and nothing was going to stand in her way with him. Not even her other self's reservations.

*

She was euphoric; Trevyn couldn't figure out if it was the wine they had had at dinner or a product of her emerging powers. She had only had two glasses and for an immortal with their higher metabolism it was a drop in the ocean. What he knew was that the woman besides him was not acting like herself. She had kissed him the moment they had entered the chauffeured car and kept at it all the way back. Now she was running to the front of the house from the back instead of going through the connecting door from the garage. The giggling and the glances she kept throwing back told him she expected him to chase her. Her eyes were again the embodiment of fire.

She couldn't have any idea how enticing she was to a wolf, her teasing demand an invitation to mate he could not deny. He followed her, letting her keep her slim lead even though she wasn't really running. Laughing she yanked the door open and tried to close it behind her but he was already there his wolf reflected in his eyes.

As soon as he closed the door behind him she turned and threw her arms around him then kissed him like she wanted to devour him. He lost himself in the kiss, the taste of her going straight to his head. He hungered for her, his instincts driving to claim her and lose the annoying insecurity that drove him to act unlike his normal self. He hated it, hated that he even had to consider it as a reason to make love to the woman he loved.

He felt out of control, holding on to his sanity by a thread. She was everything he had hungered for in all his centuries, more than that. Drawing her closer he savoured the heat of her lush body. She was tall, five foot eleven to his six foot four with curves meant for a man to hold, unlike the sticks men went for these days.

Sleekly muscled without it being the prominent definition of her he was all woman and he couldn't wait to sink into her. Sure whatever spell that kept him from claiming her was still there but he could lose himself in the heat of her mouth, her sweet behind, her hands. He got harder just imagining it.

It felt like he had gone for decades without the tender touch of a woman, her touch. She was manna, ambrosia, his raison d'être. Sweet Any she was his death. A slow languorous death that was pure pleasure in its torment. How had he lived his life without her?

He devoured her even as she did the same. Explored her mouth and lips with brutal sensuality. Drank her in to the depths of his soul 'til she was all that was inside him.

"Treváyn Ianatan Naomh Sheámais." Trevyn froze at the name called by someone who should not know his fey name. Growling, a low menacing sound barely heard he turned to face his intruder. "Care to tell me what you have done to my daughter?"

She glared her anger not showing any fear when powerful immortal had run at the hint of his anger. She looked like she was ready to attack, a mother bear preparing to defend her cub. The foolish woman would probably attack him even knowing he wasn't human. She had to know, how else would she know his true name?

"Erin, to what do we owe the pleasure." He bit off fighting hard the instinctive need to attack.

What was it about this blasted woman that had him reacting against his principles? He never attacked women and as the mother of his mate his first impulse should be to protect her. And yet from the very begining she had raised his hackles. He had been driven to attack her even before her hostility for him had registered.

"I'm here to take my daughter home." She declared.

His wolf surged and he had to fight hard for it not to attack. Tara would never forgive him if he killed her mother. "Over my dead body." His voice was even deeper than before with his anger. How dare she want to take his mate? No one would ever take his mate away from him.

"That can be arranged easily enough." Was the woman's cold reply. Was she insane? He could rip her throat to shreads before she knew to blink.

"Mom!" Tara admonished and tried to move past him to her mother. He put out his hand to stop her all the while keeping his eyes locked on the idiot woman who had the gall to threaten him in his own home. You didn't win a fight in the wolf's own lair with him.

Erin turned to look at her daughter for the first time since the confrontation, she gasped and tears filled her eyes. "Oh my baby! Come here. I haven't held you for so long." She held her arms out to Tara.

Trevyn wanted to stop Tara from going to her but there were also tears in Tara's eyes and he knew better than to get between two emotional women. Confused at the turn he looked at the other men witnessing the scene to see the same bafflement he felt.

"You're so beautiful." She was cried as she held her daughter like she would never let go. "So powerful."

"I know." The two words should have sounded so vain and yet there wasn't even a hint. It was an acknowledgement of fact such as a guileless innocent might make. A stament that accepted something pleasing to hear and yet unremarkable.

Trevyn blinked at that. Tara had always been rather shy about her look even uncomfortable with compliments. What was going on here. The two women held and cried to each other for a bit longer before Erin glared at him over her daughter's shoulder.

"This is why I did not want her anywhere near you got her killed before it was time."

"Excuse me," Trevyn ground out with quiet rage. "You wanted her killed?"

She broke the embrace to hold her daughter to her side. "That is not what I meant. She was safe and would have stayed that way until it was time if you had not interfered."

"Safe." Trevyn stalked to within inches of the deluded woman. "It was that that bald headed SOB you are so found of who bludgeon her to death. So no I am not going to trust my mate to your judgement."

Trevyn regretted the words as soon as they left his mouth. Much as he disliked the woman he couldn't fault the love she had for her daughters. Her brown skin ashened at his words, horror replaced her returned anger. He could see that the words he had carelessly thrown at her had torn her heart out. The lines on her face seemed more pronounced.

With renewed tears she turned to her daughter. "Darling?" There were so many questions in that one pained word and Trevyn hated himself all over again. What was wrong with him?

"I'm alright mom. Trevyn came for me."

Erin shook her head as she wiped the tears off her daughter's cheeks. "This is all my fault. If I had been more experienced I would not have bound so much of my powers with yours and would have seen that blood incubus for what he was."

"Blood incubus?" Tara asked.

Her mother nodded. "I knew Ray was an ubus but I had no idea he was a blood ubus, they're sadistic. And I left you to one."

"You didn't know mom, and though I hate to admit it putting Cam and I to sleep was a good idea."

"Cam!" Erin gasped as she pulled away from Tara. Worry lined her face even as it became somewhat blank as if she was no longer altogether there. "Oh no!" She gasped holding her hand to her stomach as if in pain.

Trevyn became alert as did his men at the distress in Erin's voice. Tara ran to her mother. "What is it? What's wrong with Cam?"

"You are two sides of the same coin. Whatever happens to you..." She whispered her horror.

"...happens to her." Tara finished the thought her voice echoing her mother's horrified tones. "What can we do?"

Erin drew herself to her considerable five foot nine, drewher shoulders back then marched to the nearest wall which happened to be where Trevyn had been kissing Tara just moments ago, moments that now seemed like ages ago.

She placed her hand on it and suddenly it became water. Water that stayed confined even though there was no glass between it and his foyer. He could see scattered debris at the floor of whatever body of water this was, the murky depths betrayed shoals of varied fish swimming by. But what caught his eye, what caught everyone's eyes was the woman floating in the water her left leg caught by a chain to a rock.

Her eyes were open, staring at them, icy blue eyes that had what looked like shards of ice radiating about her pupils. Mercurious flecks glinted through the blue and raw power shone from their depths. This was not a woman to ness with.

The most disconcerting thing about her though was how identical she was to Tara. She gad never said her sister was a twin and he had not been prepaired for it.

Tara gasped and ran towards her as if to dive into the waters but her sister held out her hand and she took it to pull her into the foyer. The woman dropped to the floor taking Tara with her which finally broke Trevyn's stupified spell. He rushed to help the two women but the chain still held Cam, sticking out of the watery wall with a ripple. It was spelled iron. Only a few of the truly ancient immortals could escape the chains without a key. Even then it would be a struggle for them.

With little effort Erin encircled the manacle at her daughter's ankle and crushed it. It was, to put it mildly impossible. "Who are you?" He asked her unable to keep the awe from his voice.

"Someone who will not stand to her children attacked." Her hardened tone promised retribution. "What happened." She asked her daughter in a voice of total command.

Cam laughed with bitterness. "Bad taste in men, this one turned out to be a Dorian mafia."

Trevyn raised his eyebrows at that. The Dorian mafia were a group of immortal crime families that amoung other unsavory crimes stole powers from the unwary. If Cam was like her sister then she had had no idea she was immortal and would have been easy bait. Like the blood ubus the Dorians could use sex with their vicyim to draw in enough of their powere that upon their victim's death all their powers would go to the Dorian.

"I see." Erin said with icy calm.

Backing away from her daugters she held her hands out palms up. Without ang fanfarr fire formed upon them, perfectly controlled resting upon her palms. Only his supernatural senses told him the fire in her right hand was more than it appeared, nothing else differentiated it from ordinary flame, immortal fire. The one in her left hand though was something he had never seen. A near blinding white at the base it gradually became icy blue to be crowned with a blue that was a shade darker.

"Fireice," Erin stated as if she had seen his confusion even though she was so focused on her flames. "Nobody hurts my girls."

She brought her palms together for a second and when she seperated them the two had taken something from each other. Now they were both identical, both bearing the heat and ice for all to see. As if freeing a couple of birds she let the fires fly and they shot out. One into the water that promptly became a wall again and the other passed throug the door without scorching it.

Fireice. He had only ever heard rumours about it, that there were two wells of it each at the exact poles of the earth. Thank God humans had missed the true poles by a margin. But he had asumed it was a myth. No one he had ever heard of could summon it unlike the fire whose opposite it was. Who was his mate's mother that she could summon both?

He couldn't sense a glamour on her so she had to be as old as she appeared and immortals stayed young. Yet no human could hold the power needed to generate either one of the deadly fires.

"Come on love, let's take your sister to dry up."

Tara met his eyes over her sister's head. "See you soon." She mouthed as she helped her up then led her towards the stairs.

"Is that the mother-in-law to be that you dislike?" His friend Tate asked but didn't give him time to reply. "You my dear friend are in trouble with those three." He added with a commiserating slap on the shoulder.

jtoughkat
jtoughkat
145 Followers