Ultimate Assassin Saga: Escape

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She had a collar of golden collar around her neck and a chain attached to it that ran up the wall to the roof of the cavern. Also, her wrists were bound in front of her by iron bracelets and a chain that ran deep into the floor of the cavern. Also, her ankles were bound by iron clamps and the chain that was attached to them trailed off into the wall of the cavern behind her. She looked down upon herself and saw that she was naked save for a soft hide skirt that covered her buttocks and her sex. Other than that, she was naked and vulnerable, but her kidnapper hadn't taken advantage of that as she'd expected he would.

Then again, he was Human so maybe he didn't operate on Human emotions and Human devilry. Her kidnapper was a black skinned creature that she knew as a Shade. Shades were a part of the Dark Races, but they were considered to be higher ranked because of their intelligence level and their ability to reason with a clear mind. However, there was no doubt that they were evil and wanted nothing more than to kill. That was obvious from the actions of the creatures which were never positive and always lead to someone's death or at least their attempted murder.

The Amazon couldn't help but wonder why the Shade had taken her and why he hadn't killed her. He hadn't said a word to her in those three months and it was making her go a little insane. The only interaction that they had was when he threw water on her to clean her and to feed her her food and water for the day. She could always tell that he hated having to feed her, but she got the feeling that he wasn't the one in control. She often heard him muttering about "that damned bastard" and she had to wonder as to who that was. The Shade obviously wasn't the one in control. He had a master.

She could've been much of anywhere in the world do to the portal that he'd carried her through when he'd drawn her through her window. However, she had a feeling that she was still in the Wilds somewhere. In fact, she would guess that she was still within the High Forest too. Why she thought that, she didn't know, but it was just a feeling she got. She knew that she was close to clean water, but that was all that she could tell and she knew that because she could smell the pure water nearby. Where exactly it was she didn't know, but it always sounded like it was above and all around them.

Twister caught movement out of the corner of her eye and she turned to look at who it was. It was the Shade walking from the previous cavern into where she was being kept. She noted the large wooden bowl of water that he held in his black hands and she knew what that was for: to clean her. His blood red eyes looked upon her and he looked disgusted by the sight of her, but he made no comment as he stopped in front of her. Then, much to her continued annoyance, he threw the water right in her face. The ice cold water washed over her face and down her body, cleaning her of any grime or smell she might've accumulated. She would've hated it completely, but it did do one thing for her that she was grateful for: it took the light sheen of sweat from her skin.

The High Shaman shook her head to get her hair out of her face and she spat out some of the water. Then, she carefully blinked open her eyes and she stared upon the Shade. The black skinned creature was looking at her with something akin to gloating in his eyes and his lips were spread into a wide smile, showing off his dagger like teeth. He held the bowl that had held the water in it before he'd thrown it at her in one hand and she watched as he dropped it to the ground. Then, he knelt in front of her and his smile seemed to widen even more.

"Your captivity will be coming to an end soon enough. It is about to begin and the High Forest will never be the same." the Shade said in it's beastly voice and it reached out to touch her face. She ducked her head back, the sound of the chains rattling filling her ears and she knew that there was nothing she could do to avoid the creature if he persisted, but she'd be damned if she'd allow him any liberties with her. "You will get to see your precious Demon one more time and you will see him fall. If you continue to be a good little prisoner, I will kill you after him so you don't have to spend too much time feeling your heart break."

The Amazon listened to his words and she swallowed past the knot in her throat. She stared defiantly back into the Shade's blood red eyes and she drew on the saliva in her throat. Then, she pursed her lips and spit a thick wad of her saliva into the black skinned beast's face. The Shade closed his eyes just as the wad of spit hit his face and it stood out like a sore thumb against his black skin. The Shade growled dangerously and his hand came up, wiping away the spit.

"You just made a fool mistake." the Shade growled angrily, his eyes glowing bright red in the near darkness. She flinched slightly when he pulled back his hand and knotted it into a fist. He was going to hit her and she knew that she couldn't stop him. So, she merely knelt there and stared into his eyes with pure defiance glowing in her eyes. She would show no fear of the Shade, and even when he struck her, she would show him the defiance that Humans possessed. She would not allow her warrior spirit to be broken.

The Shade's large fist moved swiftly towards her face and she closed her eyes to wait for the pain to erupt. After several seconds, she still didn't feel any pain and she opened her eyes slowly. She stared at the fist that was only a scant half inch from the tip of her nose. Why had he stopped? She looked up past his fist and at the Shade's face. The creature's black face was creased with struggle and she could see his muscles straining as he tried to push his fist further forward, but he couldn't for some reason. There was something holding him back. Catching movement out of the corner of her eye, she cut her golden eyes away from the stayed Shade and towards the new person. Seeing the being that stood there, she gasped and her eyes widened.

It couldn't be!

Chapter 23

Tide stood in front of his mother, and like the two people at his side, he waited. Tide, Trixie, and Matthias were all waiting for what would be said in this meeting. Standing in front of the three of them was his baby sister, Tsunami and she was regarding their mother who sat behind her mahogany desk in her office. Tsunami was a spy and he knew that she'd been spying lately upon the Wood Elves. If his sister said that Twister was there, the Amazons would be going to war with the Elves, but if her information told that Twister wasn't actually there, then a war could be averted.

Either way you looked at it, whether they went to war or not was dependent upon the word of his baby sister.

The Guard Captain took a deep breath and blew it out to steady his nerves. He crossed his wrists in front of him and he waited for what would happen. The room was completely silent of anything and they continued to wait for whatever was going to happen. He was the most anxious to find out what was going to happen because he didn't want to go to war with the Elves and he wanted the surety that they wouldn't be going to war with the Wood Elves. However, if his sister said otherwise, they would be going to war with the Elves and he would fight harder than anyone because it would mean getting his sister Twister back.

Then, his mind trailed to Acheron and what had become of him. It was possible that nothing had happened to him at all. He might've simply wandered off, thinking that there was nothing more that he could do. He might not be dead at all and might be quite well somewhere in the Wilds. He didn't know that for fact of course, but he found it hard to believe that anyone, especially the Wood Elves, could've killed Acheron. After all, he'd seen the man face down the Minions with no fear and he'd always come out the victor over them despite the huge numbers against them. That was why it was so preposterous to him that he'd fallen at the hands of the Elves.

The Amazon Prince knew that the Amazons were awaiting what would come out of this meeting. They all knew that they could be going to war with the Elves if what was said was what everyone expected. That the Wood Elves had been the ones to kidnap Twister. All anyone had to do was wait and see what Tsunami had to say. After all, she was the top Amazon Spy, and if anyone would know where their sister was, it would be her. She was the best, that was undisputed.

"I want to know what you saw." Kira suddenly said, breaking the silence of the room and everyone's attention was drawn to the oldest within the room. He shared a look with Matthias that spoke of both of their anxiety and their worry. However, neither one of them would show any emotion towards his mother and allow her to see what they were feeling on the inside. "I need to know if the Wood Elves have taken your sister. If they have, then we will be going to war with them. If not, I fear that your sister may be dead."

Those last words sent a rumble through each and every one of them. No one wanted to believe that she may be dead, though outside forces might've thought it different. Someone who wasn't as close to Twister would've allowed the thought to cross their mind that she might actually be dead and been dead for a while. However, none of the people within this room were going to believe that for one moment unless they actually saw the body of the woman.

"I saw much in my time hiding amongst the Elves." Tsunami replied, her voice cold and empty of all emotion. That was really the only thing he didn't like about his baby sister was her lack of emotions. It was unsettling to hear her talk about killing someone with no infection in her voice. True, all of the people that she was sent after to kill deserved it, but the taking of life shouldn't be treated the same as slipping on your boots or strapping a dagger to your belt. "What I didn't see was the High Shaman. She was nowhere in the village and no one was talking about her. That leads me to the conclusion that she is not there."

Tide let out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding. He was glad that she hadn't seen his sister among the Elves because it would've meant war and many Amazons would've been lost. However, that was their last option, and without her being there, they had no idea where she could possibly be. He felt dread well up in his chest and he couldn't stop it from pouring over his heart like malice. Just where the hell was his sister? Could she possibly be dead?

He didn't want to believe that, but it seemed like the only option left to them. They'd searched their territory of the High Forest tirelessly and had found nothing. Not even one trace of his sister. Not one footprint, not a broken twig, a sign, nothing. With so little to go on in the first place, it wasn't really any surprise that they couldn't find her, but that didn't warm his heart any. After all, his sister was out there somewhere, and despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he believed that she was still alive. It just wasn't like his sister to give up and die.

Also, the whole fact that she'd been kidnapped in the first place made no sense unless she was going to be used for something. The Guard Captain had no doubt that his sister had been taken by the same people who were sending the beasts against their village and they would gain nothing from killing Twister. No, they would lose a bargaining chip if they did that and he had the feeling that these people were all about bargaining. They were the types that when they had the actual upper hand, they kept the upper hand and wouldn't allow anyone else close to it.

"What exactly does that mean?" interrupted the voice of Trixie and all eyes turned to her. Her face was pale and drawn as if she were deeply worried. Considering that she was Twister's apprentice and was suppose to be the next High Shaman, she was next to family. After all, the two women had lived together for the past twenty years and it was of no doubt to anyone in attendance that the two women had grown close. He knew for fact that they often shared a bed and their bodies with one another as was the course of most High Shaman apprentice relationships.

It was well known that in the beginning of Twister's training with Zarich the two had gone to bed with one another and had for nearly every day leading up to his death. That had been a horrible day for everyone, and even though he hadn't known the man that well, he'd been sad to hear of his passing. The body had never been discovered, but no one had doubted that he'd died. After all, who could go up against a hoard of Orcs by themselves and come out without being killed? No one was the simple and logical answer. They'd laid the man to rest without a body two weeks after that and they'd said their prayers. If anyone deserved to go with the gods, it was definitely Zarich.

"She isn't dead." Matthias said confidently and they all looked at him. All of them were wondering the same thing: how could he possibly know that? Of course, they all knew that he couldn't know that at all and they were all aware of that, but they wanted some kind of answers. They had lost a loved one and they wanted someone to answer for the disappearance. He knew that his second-in-command hadn't had anything to do with it, but even he started feeling suspicious of the man. Then, Matthias brought up his fist and pressed it over where his heart was. "I can't say that for sure with any evidence, but I feel it in my heart. Twister is alive."

"Aye, I feel the same." Tide finally spoke for the first time and with a conviction that he never would've believed that he felt. He stared at his mother first and then at Tsunami, daring either of them to call him a liar. His mother stared at him with belief and love in her dark blue eyes. However, his baby sister continued to stare at him with those cold, emotionless eyes and he never would've been able to pinpoint exactly what she was thinking. She was simply to hard to read and always had been, even when she was growing up. "Twister is alive somewhere out there and we must find her. We have to save her and bring her back home. The ones that took her will meet a bloody death, that I will make sure of."

There was silence in the room once more and all of the Amazons were lost in their thoughts. The Guard Captain stared at his brother-in-arms and he nodded his head. The Guard Commander nodded back and turned to face the Queen with a steady glance. Then, Trixie stood as well and came to stand between the two men, adding her stare with theirs. He watched as his baby sister deliberated in her mind, and then, she turned her back to them before backing towards them, standing at his left side, looking up at her brother. Then, the Spy turned her gaze to her mother and showed a united front.

The Amazon Queen stared at them one and all, her blue eyes empty of all emotion. Then, a small smile crossed her face and she chuckle low under her breath despite the dire situation. She pushed back her chair and she got to her feet, placing her hands on her desk. She leaned forward and she looked into each one of their eyes individually. It was as if she was searching for any sign of hesitance or disbelief, but she could search all day and she wouldn't find it. They were all steadfast in their belief that Twister was indeed alive and they weren't going to change their minds because of a stare.

"Since you all feel this way, I guess there is but one option left." Kira said, her feminine voice echoing off of the walls and hitting their ears like bombardiers. Tide felt his heart begin to race, but he kept his gaze steady and strong. Matthias crossed his arms over his chest and dared the Queen to call him a liar, though he didn't think that would really happen. Trixie held her hands in front of her, having them carefully crossed and she waited for what the Queen would say. Tsunami stood strong with her hands on her hips and her head held high, showing her support of them. "We will simply have to keep looking. Divide your troops once more and take them out into the forest. We must find her, no matter how long it takes."

The Guard Captain felt vindicated just then and he let out his breath. Then, he saluted his mother and bowed low at the waist to her. Without saying a word to anyone, he turned sharply on his heel and he walked from the room. Once he was outside of the room, he took a deep breath and he said a prayer to the gods that they were right. He could only hope that they weren't searching foolishly for someone that really was dead and wasting all of their time. It was his sister though and he couldn't just let it go without finding a body. He loved her way too much and he couldn't allow her to be buried without finding a body first. That was of course assuming that she was dead in the first place.

If she wasn't dead and he found out, he was going to be happy at first, but he would be pissed off too. If it turned out that she'd gotten lost in the forest, he would be madder than hell. However, he knew his sister and she knew the High Forest better than any member of the Forest Guard or any Hunter. She wouldn't have simply wandered away and gotten lost. Besides, he'd seen someone take her from her window and disappear without a trace. That was the part that worried him the most as he walked through the halls and headed for the Forest Guard office.

Stepping outside, the Amazon Prince took a moment and raised his eyes to the dark blue sky. The Amazons outside looked at him, but they didn't bombard him with questions about what was happening. They stayed silent and watched their future King looking up at the sky. He frowned as he watched the sky. It was beautiful yes, but he felt like he needed to be watching for something and he didn't know what. Suddenly, he saw a black dot flying above the clearing and it would seem that that black dot was getting closer. It was as if that black dot was coming to earth and coming to earth within the village.

Tide touched the hilt of his broadsword and waited for the dot. It could be an enemy come to kill them and he wasn't going to drop his guard to that. As the dot grew closer, he could see the dot more closely and he was able to make out the features of an eagle. Why the hell would an eagle be coming here? He knew one thing for sure though: it wasn't an enemy. Eagles weren't well known for killing people or for being controlled by evil forces. He pulled his hand away from the hilt of his broadsword and he straightened as he waited to see what the eagle was going to do.

The eagle, easily three foot tall, landed in front of him and he stared into the eyes of the bird. Its white feathered wings spread wide and it let out a screech. The Amazons were looking at the beast and at him, obviously wondering what was going on. He was wondering that himself and he was starting to regret not pulling his broadsword when he'd had the chance. The beast could leap at him and tear him to shreds before he could draw his weapon. The eagle was a raptor bird and raptor birds were well known for their aggression, but for some reason, this eagle wasn't acting the same.

"Lord Tide, I am a messenger of the Demon you know as Acheron." the eagle said in a strangely human-like voice. He stared at the eagle in surprise and shock. This damn bird was talking to him? Wait, what the eagle had said. It had said that it was a messenger of Acheron's. He knew the Demon hadn't been killed! Now he had the proof of that in this eagle messenger. "He asks that you meet him in regard of your sister and the entire mission. All you have to do is follow me."

Then, the eagle leaped into the air and pumped its wings harshly, propelling it into the air. The Guard Captain made a split second decision and he followed after the bird. The bird flew just ahead of him and he watched the creature, not sure that he should be doing this without saying anything to anyone. After all, it could be a trap to lure him in and end his life. However, he couldn't see a reason behind that at all and maybe that was why he followed willingly after the bird. He didn't like being at the mercy of another, but he would deal with that if it meant getting his sister back and destroying the enemy.

1...2122232425...28