Ultimate Assassin Saga: Escape

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The flames grew larger in the man's hand and spread to a second one. Then, he put his hands together and shot a huge wall of blue flames at him. He stopped in his tracks and turned the blade of his broadsword point down, jamming it into the ground. A second later, a huge wall of rock and earth rose up, blocking the flames. Then, he pulled his blade free and the wall sank into the ground once more, the blue flames no longer coming. The Demon stared at him with a wide smile on his face and his red eyes were glowing with lust for battle.

"I see that your own skills in magic are not overblown." Zarich said in good humor and he licked his lips, laughing amongst himself. Then, the man began to slowly walk towards him, his entire body glowing with his own magic and it created a reddish black aura around him. "You are indeed a warrior with blade and magic. However, what you have over me in Demon magic, you lack in Nature magic. You draw from within yourself while I can drawn from the world around me, making my magical stamina endless. Tell me, how long do you believe that you can last out against mother nature and all her glorious power?"

The Chaos Demon could feel the might of magic around him and he knew that he couldn't defeat that in his current form. However, he could defeat it in another and he knew that he had no choice. He had to show his real face. He jammed the blade of his broadsword down into the ground below him and he drew on his magic, his aura becoming colored with flame-like colors, surrounding him and he began to shift. His Human skin melted away and revealed the form underneath, his clothing melding to his body.

When the transformation was complete, there stood the true form of one of the most powerful Demons to ever come out of the Abyss. He was well over eight feet tall and lanky, though somehow thickly muscled. His skin was colored a whirl of black and whites while he wore a mask of black bone of sorts over his eyes that trailed up into the three thick bone horns that curled atop his head. His eyes glowed blood red in tiny slits in the black bone mask and his razor sharp fangs appeared from between his thin lips. His shoulders were covered in bone and there were razor sharp spikes there as well. Both his hands and feet were covered in black bone with spikes on them that could rend through anything. Lastly, two membranous black wings sprouted from his back and it was armored with black bone around the edges.

"Do you still believe that you can defeat me?" Acheron asked in a dark, evil voice as he took a step forward and he could smell the fear coming from the other, weaker Demon. He chuckled as he held up his hand and he flexed his claws, relishing in his true power for the first time in many centuries. His entire body was surrounded in orange and yellow flames of Abysmal power, flowing around him like a long lost friend. His small blood red eyes narrowed on the weaker Demon and he smiled widely, showing his razor sharp fangs. "You are nothing more than a symbiotic being and that makes you much weaker than a pure Demon. Even a Half Demon is more powerful than you and you can not hope to defeat me in this form."

"Shut the hell up you bastard!" Zarich shouted, his anger overriding his fear for the moment and he'd counted on that. The weaker Demon put his hands together once more and forks of black lightning shot at him, careening towards him at rapid speed. He didn't even bother to dodge the attack and the bolts of lightning slammed against his aura of Abysmal power, only to dissolve under the stronger force of his power, unable to get through to harm him.

The weaker Demon watched all of this and his anger faded once more to be replaced with his fear. It was obvious that he knew that he was facing up against something that was way to powerful for him to handle and was trying to think of a way out. The weaker Demon had affronted the Chaos Demon and that was enough to earn him his death. No matter where he went, he would track him down and tear him to pieces, literally. Then, the weaker Demon did the cowardly thing that he'd expected him to do. He ran over to Twister and grabbed her neck under his arm, choking her while he held up his other hand which was sparking with flames.

"Turn back to your Human form now or she dies." Zarich bit out, threatening him. However, in his Demon form, the Command Assassin didn't care about that because he knew that he could handle the creature. The Command Assassin took a step forward and as it would appear to the other Demon, he disappeared. However, he was merely moving faster than what he could see and he was quickly behind the man. Just as the Demon looked over his shoulder, he was face to palm with his hand and a blast of pure orange fire engulfed his skull, causing him to scream in pain as he released the High Shaman.

When the flames finally stopped, the weaker Demon no longer had a head, and when it collapsed to the ground, he wasn't taking any chances. He waved a hand and the body of the creature caught on fire, burning quickly. Once the flames were done, the body of Zarich was nothing more than ashes and he waved a hand, scattering those ashes to the winds. Then, he stepped around to face Twister, looking into her eyes and he could smell the fear in her frame. He knelt down in front of her and he reached out, touching her face with his hand, showing her his gentleness even in this hellish form.

"Do not fear me. You are my friend and I will not harm you." Acheron said in his dark Demon voice and he pulled his hand away. He could sense her fear receding as she looked at him and he smiled kindly, though it was sure to look evil. He couldn't have her fearing him so he closed his eyes and he began to reinstate his human form. When he opened his eyes, he knew that he was Human appearing once more and he smiled at her. "It is all done. Now, let me free you from these and we can go."

The Chaos Demon grabbed the collars around her neck, wrists, and ankles, breaking them one by one. Then, he lifted her into his arms and he turned back to where the tunnels were. He stopped when a figure leaped down into the opening of the nearest tunnel. He readied himself to do battle with her and he was about to put he down, but the High Shaman touched his neck, shaking her head. Then, the blonde woman stepped forward and she took off her cloak, draping it over the other woman. With a nod of her head, the blonde woman turned and disappeared into the tunnels.

The Command Assassin shook his head and continued on with the woman in his arms. When he came across his two allies, Gareth was awake and helping Tide to his feet. As one, the group headed for the cliff opening and they would soon be out. This whole thing was over and hopefully the future of the Amazons and the Wood Elves would be a good one, operating as allies to move forward.

One could only hope and that was what he needed.

Chapter 28

Two weeks later, Acheron walked with the Forest Guard Captain and the High Shaman of the Amazons towards the northern edge of the High Forest. He knew that the next province that he was going to search was the Tundra and that was all he could really do. He had to search each province one by one and handle the issues that came along with searching the regions. His brother would figure things out soon enough if he didn't already know about the whole issue, but that didn't really matter to him.

Since the battle, the Amazons and the Wood Elves had grown closer. King Aden and Queen Kira had settled their issues among one another before signing on with an alliance with one another. That was a huge part and he was glad that he'd had something to do with it. Things had been changed much among the Amazons and the Wood Elves, though there was still some residual prejudices among the two races. That was to be expected of course, but it would fade with continued alliance with one another.

Reaching the northern edge of the High Forest, he looked forward and he saw that there was an open plain for him to walk across before he would reach the tundra. The next few minutes passed with the Chaos Demon saying good bye to friends that he'd made, and when it was done, he walked forward out of the High Forest into the plain. He walked into his new future.

XXXXXXXXXX

Azrieal sat behind his desk, lost in his own rage and need for justice - no vengeance. He'd watched through the eyes of the Shade as his brother walked side by side with an Elf and a Human. It was obvious who he'd thrown his lot in with and he had betrayed Dalkia. He'd betrayed the very Empire that he'd helped to carve out and he knew that it had something to do with the Angel Queen, but he didn't know exactly what. That didn't matter however. What did matter was catching up to his brother and getting his revenge.

He would have his revenge on his brother, one way or another even if he had to sacrifice all of the Demons in the Dalkian Empire to do it. His brother would not escape and he wouldn't escape the ramifications of such a betrayal.

*Authors note*

Please comment and tell me if you liked it or not. I have some plans for the next Installment, but I also have tons of other things I want to write and don't want to waste my time on a story nobody likes.