All Comments on 'Under the Influence'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 123 Comments
lnrangerlnrangeralmost 7 years ago
Thank you!

Great story! Any day there is a new story by laptopwriter posted is a GREAT day for literotica! Cheers!

dmhackdmhackalmost 7 years ago
Excellent

An adult story, written by an adult... we could do with a few more of these here.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 7 years ago
A Prototype Fictional Case Study in Expostulating the Implausible

This story actually could have worked for me if laptopwriter had gone far deeper into the Svengali-esque qualities of the libidinous Brad/Susie duo must have had to cajole Cora into betraying narrator hubby. Using retrospect to identify red flags or misgivings that main character had while making the miscreants' acquaintance.

Examining Cora's flawed wherewithals that made her susceptible to believing this 100 proof trope could work was also in order. This was a miss , a very palpable miss from one of Loving Wives usually stalwart scribes. Hoping to resume 5 starring his next story as has been my custom . Laptopwriter and Cora both have to be a discernibly more true to their ' best ' selves.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
THE DOORS ARE ALWAYS OPEN

some walk through while others stay on the other side, TK U MLJ LV NV

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 7 years ago
Thank you!

Thanks for a most enjoyable read!

Killian

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 7 years ago
Ridiculous

I refuse to believe there are adults feeble-minded enough to go along with this ridiculous plot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Her plotting to betray her husband is only a symptom of a bigger problem.

Her plotting and deception are bad enough. But to admit she was so adversely influenced by a couple she casually knew and did not respect implies much deeper issues in her personality and their marriage. His wife needs help.

A decent story. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nice story

It´s good to read some quality stories here from time to time other than the usual btb or willing cuck stuff. Still, "Now It's My Turn" from Aussie Bard is a quite similar story line.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 7 years ago

we are all human. some times even smart people have brain farts and make mistakes. the trick is to learn from them and hopefully correct things before they get out of hand.

thank you for the read.

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 7 years ago
LTW...

You have been on my fave list pretty much as long as I have been reading LW. Don't want to sound like an ass kisser but I really do like your work...even this one. But I must disagree, as I have disagreed with others apparently more civilized and rational than I...not every one deserves a second chance. At least in my book. There is always Jane Fonda. I will never forget or forgive. She has great talent and I admit to seeing some of her works since that time and am able to appreciate her abilities in the film industry. But....

Cora fukked up. Maybe she can earn that trust back...I don't know I'm not in his boots or hers. It would take me a long time but maybe I could get over it. Then again maybe in the end, a long time of smouldering resentment would not have worked out well and it would end in bitterness. I simply don't know. It's a story that begs the answer to a question. One that has never felt at ease or resolved in my heart. Sometimes there is just no room for second chances. Gotta give you a 4* rating for content but 5*s for execution.

Don't like my response Readers? Have at me.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 7 years ago
Nice vignette

I always like stories of redemption. The duality of human nature. When the angel on our shoulders wins the argument with the devil. Nice tight snapshot. Thanks *****

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 7 years ago
Silly

It's a strange little story that began like a sitcom with the usual assortment of zany characters: the brainless wife, the loudmouth friend, his vixen of a wife, and the deadpan, straight-as-an-arrow leading man. I assumed the sitcom would continue in a lighthearted fashion, but then you tried to turn it into a drama.

If you had retained the unbelievable situational comedy of the beginning, I think that would have worked well. It also might have worked well if you had begun the story a little more seriously and tacked on that dramatic ending. As it stands, it's a strange Frankenstein's monster of a short story.

The one thing I can never understand about these stories where the wife behaves like a foolish and rebellious teenager and the husband lectures her like a stern father, is whether this behavior by the wife is something new or an extension of her normal established behavior. The way the husband behaved in this story, where his knee-jerk reaction was to leap straight toward Divorceville, leads me to believe that this is a continuation of dopey teen-like behavior and this is the straw that broke the camel's back. If that's the case, a little more setup would help make sense of their behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Re: Singerjoe

Lighten up Swingerjoe. Remember this is fiction. The great majority of stories in this category are far, far from reality. They are, however, entertaining. Your critique is longer than most book reviews.

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1almost 7 years ago
Nice reading!!!

What a relief to read a story containing the true meaning of "Loving Wives" sin and forgive! And thats without cuckold/wimp borrowings!!! Outstanding!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Thoughts

According to the plan, I assume Cora WOULD have had sex with Brad while Steve was passed out? Or would Susie have jerked him off the get the cum to smear on Steve's cock?

It's obviously a plus that Susie halted it while she still thought that Steve was out.

If, as in the LW cliche, she thought that their sex life had become routine, why not talk to Steve about it?

When she said, while she thought he was passed out, "I won't cheat on Steve," I took that as a statement that she hadn't cheated.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Further Thought

I think Joe's just disappointed that Cora wasn't burned so that he could copy and paste his usual complaint.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 7 years ago
A good story

Is always noticeable by the amount of weird comments in gets.

This one must be a 20* Plus story, in that case!

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 7 years ago
Five stars for originiality

even if the ending was a little pat.

kimi1990kimi1990almost 7 years ago
Pretty good day in LW

Three stories to read. A couple of them were from the legends, and this was the best of the crop. Still, it was not up to your usual. Needed to be edited. Thanks for this story and I look forward to that longer story. Four stars.

19pvc4419pvc44almost 7 years ago
Finding an end

The problem with a story such as this is that you 'sort of' dig a hole and jump in - then you have a problem of getting out and finding a suitable, believable ending. So... Ok the end was a bit weak but still well thought out and the result is a very nice story.

5*

19pvc44

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very Entertaining

An interesting, well-written, if stereotypical, story with a pleasant outcome. Always enjoyable.

And some comic comments from a few of our loonier regulars; Lordmyself and SJ parodying themselves relentlessly, twentyseven still 'can't believe' the most glaringly obvious characteristic of LW and justgr8 developing nicely in the role of apprentice village idiot.

All in all a most entertaining effort. Thank you Laptopwriter!

xiluaxiluaalmost 7 years ago
Liked it!

The plot was weak for adults to relay on it for success; nonetheless, the story was good enough to be enjoyable, with the right balance of emotions/remorse to make it a very realistic outcome for the ending.

My thanks to the author, for this effort.

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusalmost 7 years ago

Weak ending....I'm not saying I had a problem with them staying together, just that it was way too rushed.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 7 years ago
Nice job on the story and I guess that it had "a" resolution.

But not everyone has the same criterion for resolution. I, for example, do not for a minute buy the idea that this was just an idea that had come up between two wives and got blown out of proportion. This seems like the old burning a house down to hide a murder idea. The number of lines she had to cross to get to where they were was significant and telling. This was a well planned and all in campaign. She had to know that he would have been devastated at the thought of cheating on her, but she also had to have known that he would never forgive her if he had found out the truth. And this makes it hard to believe that it was just a fantasy. Cover-up, yeah? Also, as in many other stories, his second chances didn't involve crimes against other people, just against himself. They can't really be considered to be the same thing.

But it was well written and a good read. For a knock off story during a break it was really, really good. I do enjoy your writing and like I said, the above factors wouldn't matter as much to some as they would to others, like me. Hooty-hoo

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
LOL

Swingerjoe was being sarcastic on the first cuckold story posted today. He must have really loved it, but as soon as we get something a little different from the usual swinging, hot wife story, he goes into the "bitch" mode. fantastic behavior

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Interesting Little Tale

We've seen this plot device in other LW stories (get him drunk and make him think he had sex with....), and in some stories the deception works, while in others (like this one) it leads to an unexpected crisis for the schemers -- especially the wife.

You handled this telling of the tale deftly and concisely, and while I believe that the second chance was appropriate in the setting of this story, the trust is sure as hell destroyed. In real life, this act of betrayal would probably fester and eventually lead to dissolution of the marriage.

Five * of course!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nice

Really liked how her behavior was broken down and examined.

I miss that in so many stories and was very satisfied that this one wasn't lacking.

silentsound

fisheronefisheronealmost 7 years ago
Marriage getting stronger

It shows how a friend can destroy a marriage if you are not careful

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 7 years ago
Credit where credit is due

LTW has written the highest rated story in the history of LW. That is quite the accomplishment, given the genre's poor scoring performance. He has given us steady entertainment, for a very long time. He has written serious stories about serious circumstances.

Sometimes, as writers, we want to write something fun, enjoy throwing off all that angst and just letting the words flow. This was fun reading, and, I expect, fun writing.

Some people find raining on parades enjoyable. Good luck with that. The rest of us are here for the classic cars, the floats and the marching bands. Thanks for the story, LTW. It gave me some entertainment for an afternoon when I needed that. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Pretty good story, although I'd say rubbing another man's cum on his dick while he's unconscious might amount to a sexual assault - and who was going to do it? Couldn't his wife just give him a handy?

bruce22bruce22almost 7 years ago
Interesting Tale and Question

No, I do not believe that everyone has a right to a second chance..... But I admit that in the case described it would be improbable that I would not seek a divorce. Laptopwriter has done an excellent job here.

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 7 years ago
Great

Quick Story. Liked the Build up of his Drinking. Been there and Quit on my own. as for the friends trying to Corrupt my marriage because theirs obviously Sucked. anyways liked the Conversation with Dad about Second Chances.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I'm A Great Believer In Second Chances...

... And it is disingenuous to state that one has never been given a second chance in the entirety of their lives. That being a given it must take a complete prat to state otherwise or is so blind that he never understood the myriad occasions growing up a second chance was given in which case she is well rid of him, Thank you for posting an excellent story I thoroughly enjoyed it.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 7 years ago
Very good.

A good one from one of my favourite writers.

A bit short though. Would have loved a better

explanation to how the couple got to make

the wife disrespect her husband.

But I loved the plot. It really grabs your attention.

Agree with bruce22 that some mistakes

don't deserve another chance.

But this one surely does.

Thanks laptopwriter. Hope to get to enjoy

many more of your excellent stories!

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsalmost 7 years ago
something real

This was a pleasant read this evening. It was quick and touched on something very real in most people's lives; that second or next chance to make it right again.

Thanks for raising the quotient.

MFH

Bd4554Bd4554almost 7 years ago

Really good story. I totally agree with the concept of second chances reflected here. But in some respects this wasn't a difficult case. Cora walked up to the line, but she didn't actually cross it. She stopped of her own volition, so she didn't do anything unforgivable, in my view. The harder question is whether she would have deserved a 2d chance if she had crossed the line and then shown unquestionable remorse and genuine horror at what she had done. Many readers will say "hell, no," but the concept of true 2d chances probably suggests otherwise.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 7 years agoAuthor
swingerjoe you couldn't just leave well enough alone...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so one scathing critique is fine. Of course you weren't satisfied with that so you had to post a second. I was debating on that one but then you just had to post a third and try picking a fight with another person who has just as much right to their opinion as you do yours. As long as I deleted the third comment I also deleted the second. One scorching, 20 page diatribe per customer, I'm afraid.

luedonluedonalmost 7 years ago
Now, now, LTW, deleting SJ's comments is a mistake

There are so many among the commentariat who gain their entertainment by railing against SwingerJoe's comments. You would deprive them of their fun?

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Bravo, LTW

The only mistake would be in NOT deleting Swingerjoe's comments. This would be a lot better place if every author would delete his comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
More people......

More people divorce due to financial issues than infidelity. People seem to be able to understand and forgive a slip as long as there is steak for dinner and gas in the tank.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hubby's a Bit of a DipShit !

True,the wife was wrong in letting herself get conned into Brad & Susan's little wife-swapping plan BUT,Steve over-reacted ,especially since he heard Cora shut it down when push came to shove. Maybe Cora needs to re-evaluate a marriage where her husband acted like a sanctimonious,self-righteous asshole.

Dear old Dad's advice about 2nd chances helped the marriage survive but,while Steve is being vigilant in making sure he can trust Cora,maybe she should be chipping away at his self-righteousness.

juderboyjuderboyalmost 7 years ago
closer to real life than most.

The one thing that most authors do not understand is that the best part of a story starts where this one left off. He gave her a second chance. How did that work out? I would love reading about the ups and downs. What about the other couple. You can't just leave that standing. Did he have it out with them? Did he warn his other friends? And what did it take for his wife to earn back his trust? People fuck up all the time, it is too easy to do. But to manage to fix and repair such a situation, that is where the real story is.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 7 years ago
"Second Chance'

might have been a better title for this story.

A bit like another story on the site with the title Last Call.

networkgurunetworkgurualmost 7 years ago
I guess it was too difficult

Why didn't he just tell them about the near-death experience he had when he was drunk?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Angst!

It isn't a substitute for a plot. The boo hoo hoo crap. Shouldn't be more than 25-20% of the story

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 7 years ago
Nice

It almost went too far before the wife came to her senses. Luckily our non-drinking husband saved her from the jerkoff catalyst of the swap before anything happened. Yes, I believe she never cheated and half-believed when she said she wouldn't have gone through with it. It won't be easy but their marriage can, with time, return to normal. Nice work.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@Juderboy

We got a resolution to the current situation. This isn't their life story! And we DID hear what happened to the other couple, they got divorced!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Really?

Juderboy, now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. This story has asufficient ending.

Can you say the same about yours?????

Practice what you purportedly preach.

oatzaboatzabalmost 7 years ago
LOL

Incompleted stories and Juderboy's comment. It is similar, when JPB was a new writer here in LW and JPB wrote a comment at a story with a complain (no word by word) "Why did not the author ended his story?".

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@betrayedbylove

Why do you only "half believe" that she wouldn't have gone through with it? She DIDN'T go through with it, stopping before she knew her husband was awake.

Now I suppose it's POSSIBLE that if he was really out of it they might still have talked her into it, but to use that slim possibility as the basis to only HALF believe her is a bit of a stretch!

Impo_64Impo_64almost 7 years ago
A very good story about second chances...

A very good story about second chances...4*

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 7 years ago
Great story, thoroughly enjoyed...

Nice story. She left her husband with a very difficult decision to make. He was apparently using intercourse as the deciding factor in whether or not to divorce her - he wanted to see if she'd actually go through with it. For me though, her greatest betrayal was her siding against him, planning to trick him, encouraging him to drink, knowing all the pain and guilt he'd have to deal with, all the lies she would tell him once he awakened - and yet she persisted. It's almost inconsequential as to whether or not she would actually cheat on him. Her cold-blooded determination up to that point was enough.

I'm glad he offered her the second chance, but that type of betrayal is... scary. I think I might be afraid to close my eyes around her for quite some time. Trust is gone because this wasn't a drunken indiscretion, it was no accident, no spur of the moment decision. I hope she truly appreciates the mercy shown.

Great story, food for thought. 5 stars. Thanks!

mower9527mower9527almost 7 years ago
Good premise, needs better editing

I liked the story but editing is a little sketchy. Like an unexpected speed bump on a smooth stretch of road, misspellings and punctuation errors detract from the overall.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I Believe In Second Chances

I am in favor of second chances for others because when I most needed a second chance, I was denied. I have lived my entire life wishing my first wife could have found it within her heart to grant me a second chance. Both of our lives would have been better if she had. I honestly think so anyway.

smmhomesmmhomealmost 7 years ago
JbRobertsson nailed it - ditto

The betrayal occurred with the plotting and execution - even if lack of follow through.

I'll only add this thought: Imagine if a partner were plotting your murder. The partner plots, plans, hires a hitman, etc. If it all gets called off at the last minute... and you survive, can you rebuild trust with that partner? Now murder and infidelity are a difference in kind rather than degree... I get that. However, once trust is shattered to such an extent, can a marriage (or any partnership) survive?

KRD19254KRD19254almost 7 years ago

4* only due to the outcome and editing needs. Is the problem that he really does not know here like he thinks that she is a latent submissive that can be easily manipulated by others? 7yrs no kids not too common, reason, or other issues?

If this is how she gets excited then he needs to stay with dad. She plotted, planned and executed to the point of him passing out, then got cold feet. Sorry but that is one step to far for the 2nd chance.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago
Loved it

Five stars. A fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thought-provoking......!!

This story brings one to really think about the fairness of "a second chance"...some of the comments make ridiculous comparisons....Of course putting a marriage in jeopardy is more major than breaking a glass, and yet Hitler's crime is infinitely worse...even the analogy to Jane Fonda is ludicrous, she adversely affected so many people...somehow, though, when I see Jane I can't focus on her despicable past, all I'm thinking about is getting between her legs, anyone else feel that way about her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good rec story

It isn't hard to see how it only became real to her when it was actually going tp happen. At that point she made a stand. So he had to decide if what she had done behind his back was too much to come back from.

For most it would probably damage but not kill a marital relationship.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 6 years ago
@Sbrooks103x

I re-read this tale and I will ask you not to comment on my comments. If we were in a discussion or you were the author that would be expected. Out of the blue, I call it disrespect. It's only a matter of time before you pass Tazz with the most comments because you have an opinion on everyone and everything. And why did you change your name? By the way, the thought to swap was in her head, if only for a little while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
*4 I Couldn't Agree More !

Sbrooks103x is a dip shit with an opinion on almost everything and is almost universally wrong with all of them. He (or she) should go back to momma' basement and spare us his (her) stupidity !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
the plan

Was for the rest of his life he would live with the devasting

guilt that he had betrayed his vows, and his infidelity led to his wife having sex with another guy. Furthermore, she knew how adversely he would be affected by that knowledge the entire time thr trio was plotting the betrayal.

Her statement about swapping was husband would not go for it. Not a word about her not wanting to swap.

Another point to consider is he views the couple as at best casual acquaintances. Obviously his wife had a much closer relationship to the couple he was not aware of her having.

Second chance...I can understand his reasoning, but I would have difficult time trusting her for years.

As for jane fonda question in one comment, I don't care how nice her liposuctioned legs look, her reprehensible treasonous actions are unforgivable and I feel nothing but revulsion at the mention of her name

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
good story 5*

i do agree with other comments that just because she didn't go through with it doesn't mean it wasn't a serious betrayal.

i do think it would have made a better story to continue with the betrayal and the conniving trio find him gone, leaving a suicide note (can't live with "his" betrayal) and see them sweat for a week or two.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Liked it.

Would have appreciated more of an ending but the story didn't really lack anything.

Good reading and thanks!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
Hmmm... a girl agrees to go with a guy and give him her virginity...

When she changes her mind before hand, she's still a virgin....

Though actions speak louder than words thoughts can have more impact than actions...

You think she'd be hard-pressed to get him passed the idea that she was willing to devastate him for anything... her stopping didn't undo THAT...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@lostdogslumming

Cora wasn't main character. Story was complete and certainly up to standards as the husband, having been saved from his outrageous and dangerous betrayal was given a second chance to live and change his behavior.

He must then determine if wife deserved second chance or would he be hypocrit. Husband's drunken excesses could easily resulted in deaths of others. Much more serious than death of marriage!

Pappy7Pappy7over 6 years ago
Second read and I still enjoyed the writing and the

way the husband called them on their shenanigans. But I remember thinking the first time and even more so this time that his father comparing his immature actions and the second chances he got then to the long planned and all in execution of the betrayal by his wife and "friends" was a little bit of a mismatch. Children unthinkingly do dumbass things. Deliberate betrayal by a mature and supposedly trustworthy spouse is not a good comparison. I would be afraid to sleep around her, what if he didn't drink because he was deathly allergic to alcohol? What if he had some psychotic reaction to alcohol and killed someone after they got him dead drunk? What if he killed himself over the guilt of his perceived infidelity? I don't see a second chance for her, too much is unknown about her actions. Also, why would she risk her marriage and her husbands mental health over a chance that she might like sex with the other guy? No, her actions were the actions of someone who has already fucked the other guy, and gal, and wants desperately to do it again, with no consequences. But boy can you write. It is a joy to read your stuff.

Pappy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sappy7, you clueless cuck

Everyone knows a gelding like you puffing up on a fuck-story site comment section is really a lonely virgin growing an unkempt neckbeard.

Save the posturing for your pals at redpill or whatever site you losers flock to, only derision and mockery await you here.

Cheers!

deblackbusterdeblackbusterabout 6 years ago
Anon seems to be projecting

Or maybe you've been browsing too much reddit.

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
That

Part about the railway tracks and the train bearing down on Him (That gives Me the Hebbie Jebbies just thinking about it) :- As for the story Are all Women that gullible?

Anyway that's my Comment 5 Stars WOOF!

OH OH OH I have been wondering how long before the likes of Ashley Madison. Com start advertising here in the comments section?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fact

The fact that she stopped it should have been enough.She would always know that he wouldnt trust her and she'd have to live with her mistake.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago

It's interesting to play second chances, and see for far you can apply it. The reasons he gave for being disappoint are valid. The second chance idea was given by someone trusted. Here, it was applied and written to be successful.

The second chance should be provisional-to get to this place in a marriage there is at least one major fundamental problem that really needs to be addressed. And I don't believe it was identified or addressed, a valid choice for a story you don't want to use your awesome idea on, but relegates it to a more common status.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another good one

I really enjoy your quick stories. Tight, interesting, and finished.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Very good and disturbingly realistic.

I remember the night my 2 friends and my wife were slipping drinks in front of me, trying to get me drunk. It was all a joke and nothing like this was intended. That's what friends and a loyal wife will do, but I can see this happening just this way.

Good story well told.

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
"I don't know why" (they were getting divorced)

Because over 80% of married couples that are swingers end up divorcing within 5yrs.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 5 years ago
Anonypukes

I hate self righteous anonymous cock suckers!

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Swinging usually from hanging themselves

Good story enjoyed well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank You

I Liked this Story a lot .. But I doubt I could ever Trust Her again .. And what good is marriage without trust ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You have a leaning towards

Truncated endings. You are an excellent writer, very creative and you always pique my interest, but you also tend to have rather hasty and abrupt endings. You build up a very realistic world around your characters, and then; chop. The end.

I do understand. When I'm building a project, I take my time. Do it right. But when the finish line is in sight, the shackles come off, and it's full steam ahead. I know what it's going to look like, but I can't wait to get there!

Still frustrating though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Smmhome made a very valid point

He (or She) said:

"The betrayal occurred with the plotting and execution - even if lack of follow through.

I'll only add this thought: Imagine if a partner were plotting your murder. The partner plots, plans, hires a hitman, etc. If it all gets called off at the last minute... and you survive, can you rebuild trust with that partner? Now murder and infidelity are a difference in kind rather than degree... I get that. However, once trust is shattered to such an extent, can a marriage (or any partnership) survive?"

I have nothing to add to that. Smmhome covered my thoughts very succinctly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re: Penneydog55

You always make me laugh, when I'm done I always seem to agree with you. Just a thought, sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is that big assed headlight on the front of a locomotive. If I was Steve I would have been pissed as hell too, but having had a second chance for more than one kind of mistake I can't see me being quite as hard on Cora as he was. But that's just me, now if she had gone through with it there would have been red sauce, gray matter and body parts galore... Signed: BTW

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Trust...

I would have a VERY tough time trusting her ever again. Hidden cameras, GPS trackers, cell and computer surveillance would be in HER future!!! Maybe a Post-Nuptial agreement??!!

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Again for this very good story about trust. There are several stories with this same plot. This is one of the better ones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Umm....

Susie was going to leave Brad's semen on Steve as evidence? Since sleeping with Steve was her future goal, couldn't she have at least tried a handjob first? Thrown him a bone, so to speak?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Good 5***** story!

She messed up big time, but she was stopping it. I can't imagine what made her do it in the first place. Maybe she had some growing up to do? It sounds like she learned a lesson. That's a story about walking to the edge of the cliff and stepping back just in the nick of time. Good job.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
hmm

the first time i read the respect aspect of a cheating spouse. for me i would not respect someone that has to have sex so badly that they would cheat on their loved ones to get it. i wouldn't be able to be married to someone i didnt respect

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Another well done one!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Should have divorced her

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Screw second chances!!! She could have killed him... Separate and Divorce...

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

She's very lucky that she stopped it when she did.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

She was Lucky. It is a good story. AAAA+++

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago
Re: MarkT63

If that's what your reaction would be why not just divorce? Why be marrried? Oh, wait suprise...you aren't. Sign: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nahhh. Something else was going on, the way this story went doesn't make sense. What it was, who knows, and Cora may well have had second thoughts but her willingness to go along as far as she did doesn't make sense as simply a method to set up a swap.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

5 stars. You are a fine writer, and I enjoy your stories.

A marriage is worth fighting for. Reconciliation and redemption is the best outcome. Sometimes it just can't be achieved.

Repentance (which means change on a deep level) and forgiveness are disappearing concepts in our society.

In this story the wife was being pressured by people she thought of as friends, but (pretty late) stopped her course and said no. That should decide the question.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done... I have to say that I find it amazing that people talk about how there must have been something else going on. As if your story was ambiguous or you hinted at her being unfaithful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

These stories lack analysis:"Any idea how many second chances you've been given in your life, son?" The father then goes on to say everyone deserves a "second chance". Really? Any intelligent reader can think of counterexamples - pedophiles, murderers, a spouse who deliberately and cruelly betrays and humiliates the other spouse. I would have liked to have seen more development of Cora's repentance in the story. Given what she did, the ending was rushed. Nevertheless, I think the author made the basic case for a second chance, particularly because she stopped the scheme and asked the couple to leave before she knew her husband was awake. Interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow, this is a tough one. Its like someone planning something stupid and then chickening out at the last minute. Like jumping off a Clift into a lake below, going up in a plane to parachute out then won’t do it. Stuff you plan and then back out of happens all the time. This situation was different, but if you have any since at all you don’t throw a marriage away over a stupid stunt that was only partially completed. He handled it correctly.

Les

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really well done. Cleverly layed out. The only friend I ever had with an open marriage ended with him taking his own life. Yes, that's the awful truth.

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

What I found strange was him not telling his folks, and especially his dad, about his 'near death' experience. That's what dad's and mom's live for, and would have been of the utmost interest to them. Also would have been responsible of him to have told his wife the same, before they were married.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story. Great plot idea. Thanks for your writing.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous