Undulating Waves

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After I was tackled to the ground I managed to look up where I saw Helen standing at a second floor window with her arms raised high in supplication. Seconds later a sudden deluge of rain came, easily putting out the flames though moments before there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

After that they brought me here and since then I've only left once, for my confinement hearing. I resolved to do as my lawyer advised and mention nothing of what I believed. Even then he had his doubts I'd have a chance of staying free. Trying to set a building on fire that had many people inside (including my wife) wasn't generally the act of a sane man. He hoped to use my head injury as a cause with the promise that if I was released that I'd receive the necessary treatment.

But it didn't matter anyway it turned out. For the second the judge entered the courtroom I recognized him as one of the unholy throng that had been there that night. Leaping to my feet I rushed at him while I accused him of this when the bailiffs tackled and bound me. On his order I was gagged during the rest of the proceedings and after my outburst even my lawyer conceded I should be confined until I was no longer a danger.

I've been here ever since and there's only one more part of my story left to tell. A few months ago I received my first visitor -- it was Cornelia and her belly was swollen monstrously. Of course I was restrained in a straightjacket during the visit or I would've strangled her and hopefully prevented what will be happening soon. She appeared serene as we talked and she informed me she bore me no ill will. The only thing I wanted to ask her was how she could have let that happen to Jack, since I knew she'd loved him. It was necessary she told me and in truth he'd received a great honor. For through his sacrifice one would enter this world who otherwise wouldn't have been able to and their offspring would reign supreme. After telling me this she smiled and stood to leave, informing me that Helen was outside waiting for her. Then she was gone. And that's all there is to tell.

*

Excerpt from the New York Evening Herald

It is with great regret we announce the untimely death of our reporter Arthur Scott, aged thirty. He accidently fell to his death while writing a follow up story to the tragedy which occurred in Greenwich, Connecticut last Halloween. In an ironic twist he fell from the exact same location where young Jack Dyson had perished. He is survived by his parents Winfield and Sarah Scott and a sister, Mrs. Susan Butler.

FIN

Votes and comments always appreciated.