Warrior's Choice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,086 Followers

It was time. The nurse pushed the plunger on the syringe. Connor's eyes fluttered. Denise and I leaned in, watching his face, his eyes. He looked up. Smiled. Then frowned.

"Am I dead?" What a horrible question to ask.

"No my dear," I told him.

"Then who are these two angels I see floating in front of my eyes," he said with a big grin on his wonderful face.

Denise giggled, even though she, and I, had heard this line so many times before.

Then I was kissing him. He was kissing me back. I heard Denise sob.

"Clear the room," she demanded.

The roomed cleared. We were now alone with him. I pulled back looking into his eyes for any signs. I saw only love.

"How bad? I remember the crash..."

"Pretty bad," Denise whispered, her throat almost closed with emotion.

"...and the explosions. Then there was nothing for a long time. Then pain, shooting, excruciating pain all over my body. Then there were space suited bodies around me. They pulled me out of my craft. The pain grew even worse. I think I passed out. Then the pain was back as they cut me out of my suit. After that I don't remember too much, until I woke here, with two of the most beautiful faces in the entire universe staring down at me."

I was balling my eyes out. Denise was sobbing quietly.

"That bad, uh," he said off handedly.

"You were a mess," Denise said. "Should I list your injuries?"

"Yes. I want to know how bad it was. How close to dying I came."

"Oh god," I croaked.

"You were bad. You lost most of one leg, your right hand, your teeth, larynx, a foot. Your jaw was shattered as was your pelvis. Five broken ribs were the least of your injuries. You died five times before you got to the hospital ship. You died three more times there."

"Did I die here?"

"No, we wouldn't let you," I said softly.

"I see. My lovely Marie, are those tears of sorrow or of joy?" Connor asked me.

"Mostly joy my dear Connor. Mostly joy."

"I see. So, tell me. Did either of you..."

"Yes, both of us. You have two sons."

"Two sons? When can I see them? I want to hold them?"

"They are both three years old, Connor."

"Three...but I was only gone two..."

"No you have been gone for four years."

"Ah, that's right. I seem to remember getting an extension order. Three years old..."

"They are anxious to meet you," I told him.

"But not just yet, eh?"

"Right you are. There are tests..."

"The inevitable tests..."

"Yes the tests," I giggled at him.

"Well that's a good sign," he said taking my hand in his.

"You know she is no longer married," Denise blurted out.

"Denise!" I shouted.

Silence filled the room. Connor just stared at me. I could see the thoughts flash across his mind. Denise kissed my cheek.

"You're welcome," she whispered in my ear.

"I...I don't...this can't be...how could...could I be..." Connor stuttered to a halt staring at me.

"Time for you to rest now," I told him.

"No," he said shaking his head. "No, what I need is you...here in bed...beside me."

"I can't. Not now. Later. Maybe," I stuttered.

"Are you kidding me," Denise growled. "Get your ass out of your clothes and in that bed now. I'll cover for you..."

"I can't. Not now. When he is moved to a regular room. Too many eyes here."

Denise looked around, then nodded.

"You're right. I'll be right back." And she was out the door.

"I love you," Connor whispered.

"I love you too," I replied.

I finally admitted it, to him and to myself. I knew I did so long ago, but refused to acknowledge it to myself or to anyone else. Denise knew. I don't know how, but she knew. And now he knew. Oh Connor! My brave, honest, Connor. I knew he loved me and Denise. I knew the minute he did. I don't know how or why, but I knew. I knew he also loved Denise. The way he looked at her when she was around.

"Why did you put Denise on your list first?" I needed to know.

"Because I fell in love with her first," Connor said softly.

"I see..."

"No you don't."

"No, I don't."

"Marry me?"

"What?" I was shocked.

"Marry me?"

"Of course."

And that was that. Denise came back with an orderly. Connor's bed was pushed to the elevator and down to one of our regular rooms. I whispered in her ear that Connor and I were getting married. Once in the room, she disappeared again only to reappear with the Chaplin. He married Connor and me right then and there. Anything for our Warriors.

* * * *

It's been five years since we married. Once Connor was out of the hospital, he had four months accumulated leave. Four glorious months together. It was the four of us, soon to be five. Yes I had gotten pregnant again. As was Denise. I couldn't not let her. If it wasn't for her, I would not be married to Connor. I would not have the most wonderful man I have ever known. God I love him. My husband was a Warrior.

Connor has been out to the stars twice. The first time was a short tour, six months. He went out to clean up a battle that had been raging for two years. He is now out there, fighting another battle. Yes, they promoted him. He is a general and not in harm's way as much as the first time. He is due home in two days. What a glorious reunion we will have. There may even be another child in it for us. Denise has had two more babies with Connor. He has let her raise them. She is now divorced. I'm going to ask Connor if it is okay to ask her to move in with us. I know he will say yes. She is over here a lot when he is gone.

He still puts her first on his Warrior's Choice list every time he leaves for the stars. I just giggle at him when he does. Denise calls every time to get me up there with them. The last time, I let them be alone for the two days before he left. She caught again. I'll find out how he liked being alone with her when he gets home. I love him so much. I love Denise too. To date, Connor has sired eight possible warriors for our world. Eight. I'm proud to be his wife. I'm proud he is a Warrior. My Warrior. My Warrior's choice.

# # #

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,086 Followers