All Comments on 'Watching My Wife'

by dashthirty

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I have to agree

Half-assed effort. Most of it is narrated, very little dialogue. No real effort put into writing this story.

kafkafabout 6 years ago
Pathetic.

Total waste of time.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
The basic idea . . .

. . . of a swinging couple where one partner is less into it is a decent plot start, but the execution here is poor.

Impo_64Impo_64about 6 years ago
What did he expect?

What did he expect? They were at "a really hot lifestyle party", not the first one for them, and he was expecting to play some innocent game like Quiz or Monopoly? 1*

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
Strange debut

Who are these people? You launched into this story as if we’re all privy to the thoughts in your head. Don’t be in such a rush to tell this story. Slow down. Set the stage. Introduce us to these characters and make us care about them. THEN, throw them all into bed together.

Thanks for contributing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
The Description Says It All!

"My wife decides it's time for us to full swap" - "My WIFE decides"? Shouldn't that be a decision that the BOTH make?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@swingerjoe, the fagot is back

with is stupid comments and even more stupid advices. He must write them when he is shiting in the privy.

The story? What story? Just a smelly turd!

dashthirtydashthirtyabout 6 years agoAuthor
wow

such hatred from anonymous writers. I think if you are going to toss around name calling etc have the balls to sign your name...what's up with that? Swinger Joe it's funny I will have to go back and read your stuff. When I was writing this you were one of the authors I have enjoyed and modelled after. I will reread and try to see what I can add based on your "detailing" . As for the wife decides? if we have already done a full swap then all those conversations had already been determined. And here's my main "explanation". This is actually plot point to plot point a completely true story. Not one exaggeration. Perhaps that it reads plain is that Im am simply recounting a story as it happened.

But the constructive criticism I will take under advisement. Ive already submitted one other true story. I should have probaby planned this out better and set up a Chapter series detailing our start and the conversations it took to get to a point where Diane has the "right to decide" .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
say what?!

She decides, all by her self. Interesting. To me it appears as though she flat out does not care what he feels or thinks. He is nothing but a support system a fall back for those rocky times. This is not a healthy or growing marriage.

But otherwise bland 95% formula story with little to no interesting nuance, just tiered plodding to a predicable ending.

gordo12gordo12about 6 years ago
Swinger Joe is right

This is structured more as a scene from a story rather than the whole story. More information about the characters helps develop them.

You say this:

"We are mostly a soft swing couple but from time to time we've played full"

But then contradict it with this:

"She looked at me and said, "if not now, when?"

As if this was something new, some great line to cross. The two sentences don't jibe and the plot goes down the old crapper! 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
re: @swingerjoe, the fagot is back

Well, then, please enlighten us.

<P>

Just a few minutes ago I comments on swingerjoe commenting on the commenters and not on the story, but in this case it is the opposite.

<P>

I found his comments to be pretty much dead on. This was so brief and so focused on getting to the ending that this seems more like the outline of a story than a story.

<P>

If your problem is cuckoldry, that does not apply to this story. It's swinging, which is not the same thing.

KSBerryKSBerryabout 6 years ago
Great Fucking NIght!

I enjoyed it. Got right to the point, right into the action. Sounds like a blast. You both got off, good for you. Fuck the haters. Keep writing.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
We need categories for the comments

We have categories for the stories, and many entertaining discussions about whether or not a story is correctly categorised.

As we can see from the above comments about SJ, we also need categories for the comments.

May I suggest:

- Comments about the story

- Comments about the comments

- Comments about the author

- Comments about other commenters

- Comments about whether a comment is correctly categorised

Lue

dashthirtydashthirtyabout 6 years agoAuthor
encouraged

Im going to keep on....yes perhaps more details...perhaps more clarification...no this is not a cuckold story....and yes this is a true story....I have another one submitted

before these comments so the same problems will likely arise. Also it is a soft swap true story before we became full swap...I will write more stories. Frankly we all have styles. I dont enjoy these long rambles or dialogue upon dialogue. I like to the point. .but yes more details as to motivation might be something I need to add

col_lovercol_loverabout 6 years ago
As a first story 5 *****

But you have to slow down as Joe said, forget about the Annonomy's they all want what you have. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Not really a story

More like an opening paragraph. Who ARE these people? What circumstances led them to making these fairly outrageous decisions? If not now, when? Maybe never if they want to stay married. The same facts apply. What about pregnancy or disease? What happens when his wife finds a bigger cock and can never again be satisfied with her husband? What happens if she finds someone better in bed or that has more money? You think they'll stay married? So risking everything for some casual sex seems like a stupid decision. But we don't know anything about them. So this was just a sex scene. And a mediocre one at that.

dashthirtydashthirtyabout 6 years agoAuthor
omg

the last anonymous...how naive are you...first of all condoms were mentioned

second of all why are you reading a story like this if the lifestyle so confounds you.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
Why was our unnamed narrator hesitant?

After all, this was not their first swing party, so what did he expect?

The idea of a swinging couple where one is less interested but has gone through with it anyway sounds like a good story starting idea, but I’d like to see it explored in more detail.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
This is a short about ending your marriage

Most swingers end up divorced. What kind of commitment is their in swinging. Just a poor writers fantasy and those who love these perverted stories.

dashthirtydashthirtyabout 6 years agoAuthor
anonymous fake news

Most swingers dont end up divorced...where are those stats?

Ive been in the lifestyle for 25 years and most couples I know live very

close and fulfilling marriages. I know mine is.

as to Reed....this is a true story. I fully expected we would have a full swap

that nite at the party. But it doesnt mean I dont feel emotions and some conflict.

I r epeat this is a true story. There's trepidation. Part of the buzz of swinging is the unknown, the feeling of jumping off a cliff..I tried to convey that

Perhaps I failed. Certainly the tagline is improper. And I could have shared more details. I have submitted another story which is written in the same fashion as this. A true event that took place prior to this. I think I will write about our first full swap and add in a lot more detail about our background

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
@ dashthirty

I can answer that. I’ve seen many people here cite the same stat about 95-98% of swinging couple marriages ending in divorce, and I was actually able to track down the source. There was one article written many years ago that included an interview with one marriage counselor who estimated that 95% of the swinging marriages he’s ever encountered have ended in divorce.

Three major problems with that stat: 1) it was completely pulled out of his ass, 2) it’s his opinion and experience and no one else’s, and 3) it’s a self-selecting sample because he’s a freaking marriage counselor, so the only couples he ever sees are on the verge of divorce, regardless of their marital status.

This is what we call: wishful thinking. The people who toss out this stat do so because it comforts them to believe it’s true. The fact that it isn’t is hardly an inconvenience.

I believe I once wrote an article that thoroughly debunked that statistic. Maybe I only imagined it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Meanwhile......

downstairs the other guests were wondering where the hell the host and hostess had got to.

dashthirtydashthirtyabout 6 years agoAuthor

its a completely true story...this last anonymous.why read a story about swinging?

You have no idea what goes on a swinger party. The host and hostess disappearing at a swinger party wouldnt even give a single party goer pause...they would know exactly where they are..having some playtime.....

dashthirtydashthirtyabout 6 years agoAuthor
divorce

I would never make the argument that swinging prevents divorce or make marriages happier. Because Im not arrogrant enough to make a sweeping statement such as these from the Unnamed on here that are not only arrogant but ignorant of the lifestyle....second if you did take a study on swinger couples that get divorced my prediction would be that they broke up over something completely different that swinging..and that the lifestyle probably extended the life of their marriage.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
@ dashthirty

It turns out I didn’t imagine it. Here’s the article I wrote (if you’re interested):

https://www.literotica.com/s/on-open-marriage-and-swinging-pt-02

The bottom line is this: swinging is a lot more common than people think, and couples that swing are not more or less likely to be divorced. These are very tough pills for many LW readers to swallow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nah, SJ is full of shit

Swinging is a tiny percentage of the American public, and is becoming more out of vogue all the time. He's stuck back in the 1970s with his black light and lava lamp.

dashthirtydashthirtyabout 6 years agoAuthor
statistics say otherwise

anonymous it's way more prevalent than you think....swinger clubs are showing up all over the place..memberships are on the rise....you are the one stuck in the 70s

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 6 years ago
NOT TOO BAD FOR FIRST TIME

This seems to be your first story, even though you say another is coming. In my opinion, you didn’t do too bad on this one, but you still have much to learn about writing, especially if you post here on LIT. The first thing is not to worry about any comment made by those without the balls to show a user ID. They are like the young thugs who throw rocks off the overpass onto passing cars. Having never written themselves, they know nothing of the way their hurtful comments affect a new writer just getting up the nerve to put his work out there.

So much for the peanut gallery. You say this is basically a true story and I believe you—it sounds about like you are recounting a tale around the campfire, and you are a truthful fellow, sticking to the facts. But think about the times you sat in a group listening to a real bullshitter keep the audience captivated. He didn’t stick to the truth—sure he related every main point truthfully, but he made the story “Sound Right.” That’s what you need to do when writing—embellish the facts—in other words fiction should have plenty of fiction in it.

Something took place before you went to the party—tell us about it. Did your wife tease you when she dressed, did she give your cock a warm-up lick, how did she look, what did she say? You mentioned not caring much for dialogue, but know this—without learning to use dialogue to show rather than tell about action you’re doomed to be a second rate writer. (This we can consider the beginning.)

Next you need a middle—what happened upon arrival? Who did you talk to, what did they look like, Did you two just walk in, have a seat and then the host grabbed your wife’s hand and say, “Let’s go fuck?” If he did , make up a big lie about how your wife was reluctant, or maybe you had been there awhile and she couldn’t take her eyes off him. Give us something! And give it to us before they’re in bed doing the nasty. Then give us some detail about the sex action, if you couldn’t see so good, make up a lie—remember, this is fiction. (The middle probably ends with all hands sated.)

Now finish with a wrap-up about how the two of you acted after the party. Were you in any way jealous, any second thoughts—what? Either wrap it up for the reader, or you can leave it open-ended, but if you do you’ll probably hear, “Finish the Damn Story!”

Looking forward to reading your next story. Good Luck cd

dashthirtydashthirtyabout 6 years agoAuthor
thank you

thank you carolina dreamer...great advice. Agree about embellishment aspect of good story telling. Plus there is a great back story to interaction with the host and there was lots of other stuff we encountered at the party prior this "event". I should have expanded

Perhaps I should rewrite and resubmit again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Everyone doesn’t need to agree or like a story but being vicious is not necessary. I personally don’t think that when couples are happy together fucking others will eventually hurt the marriage. Plenty of people do it but in most situations that I knew of the marriages eventually ended. When both are agreeable to try it but one or both might fall for another then the sneaking , keeping secrets, lying etc.. That doesn’t mean it can’t work for some. There are stranger lifestyles like hot wife/cuck which is one sided or the excessive amount of cheating out there.. Just read it as a story , does it matter if you believe it’s true. I know of some crazy stories that if I didn’t witness or see it for myself I would never have believed it. This story true or not seems logical that it could happen

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Statistically couples who swing are three times less likely to divorce

That is in fact. Does divorce happen in couples who swing? Absolutely. Is it the cause for some of those divorces? Sometimes. But actually cheating on a spouse in a marriage breaks up far, far more divorces.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Yet

Yet another load of garbage

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Nope

Not into this at all. No respect for a man that shares his wife willingly or unwillingly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Shut the fuck up 26thNC

You and your asinine comments about wives sleeping with others...in a category of stories devoted to just that pretty much proves you are nothing but a complete and total asshole. Stop fucking reading them if you don't like them. You are such a clown with all your multiple accounts. Does it make you feel good about yourself to be such a total dick? How fucking sad must your miserable life be to waste hours each day posting your hatred on a fucking porn site. Utterly pathetic little weasel. Go hang out in the gay section because we all know what fucking framer you are.

nickummernickummeralmost 6 years ago
Great

Fantastic story

lucky guy & wife!

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Again

What kind of man makes a whore out of his wife? Probably diskless wonders like the anony assholes commenting here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sad for the husband

He just can't accept that his marriage is over. She's moved on and no longer has much respect or concern for him.

He has better options than trailing his slut wife around a singer's party. Yuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I gave it 5 stars. Now for a few words about wife sharing. I am married to an incredible woman. Althea is CRNA which stands for certified registered nurse anesthetist. We have been married 14 years and Althea has been pregnant 5 times with four live births, all vaginal deliveries and all girls, 13, 11. 9. 6. I work from home doing bicycle repair and sales and raising the children. I may or may not be the father of all the children but I don't care I love them all and they love me, so does Althea. Althea and I have had an open marriage in the classical sense from week one. Which is fortunate since Althea is a traveler which means she does locum tenens short term work (weeks to months) at different hospitals for higher pay. Her longest assignment ever was six months in the Virgin Islands; the kids and I visited her there. Over the years Althea has fucked hundreds of men including attendings, residents, medical students, male nurses, male respiratory therapists, and even janitors. I know because she lets me read her diary which is very detailed. I wish I could tell you Althea is beautiful as a movie star. Not so. Althea is 5'5", weighs 155, wears size 10 dress and describes her looks as "very, very plain." She does one to two hours of yoga daily. She mostly wears scrubs. Her goal for her sex life is daily sexual intercourse. Althea is willing to engage in gang bangs. On the other hand, over our entire marriage, I have had sex with six other women. The major reason for my low number is that for the last nine years I have been having a relationship with Althea's divorced sister Martha (a recovering alcoholic) who lost custody of her children. Martha lives with us in an apartment over the garage and does the book work for both my business and Althea's. Martha also does part time medical coding. For all practical purposes, Martha and I are the married couple and Althea is the mistress. Martha and I share the master bedroom except when Althea is home. On rare occasions when Althea is home she may demand the use of the master bedroom for one of her partners, on those nights, Martha and I sleep above the garage. Martha and I have a six year old daughter who shares a bedroom with Althea and my six year old daughter. All the girls are seemingly well adjusted and do well in school. I do not mind sharing my legal wife.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous