Wenatchee Ch. 05-06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,600 Followers

She was smiling as I confessed my interest and uncertainty. "Well, that's plain enough. You're interested in me ... and I'm interested in you. I'm assuming that sometime in the future you will be single again and I just want to make sure my name is on the list of possible new partners."

I looked at her in surprise. That was very direct. No messing around with vaguely disguised hints. It demanded a response.

"Right at the top," I said without really thinking about it. It was true. Gisele would be the first person I would want to date if and when I was free to do so.

"There you go," she smiled broadly. "I got what I wanted and I didn't even have to drag it out of you."

"Jeeze, Gisele. I hope you don't think I'm easy," I kidded.

"Of course not. We're just having a bit of fun between two adults who like each other and get along well together. The serious stuff can come later."

"How much later?"

"Now don't get overanxious, Geoff. We're still at the beginning stages. I have a feeling we'll know when the time is right."

Our conversation was light-hearted on the surface, but had serious undertones to it. It surprised me that it was so easy to fall into this situation. I was going to have to discipline myself to keep from rushing into something I might regret later.

"There go those clouds again," she said. "Having some doubts?"

"No ... warning myself not to rush. How is it that you're so easy to talk to? You've got me verbalizing my thoughts. You're a hard person to keep a secret from."

"Good, I'm glad to hear that. But then, I don't think you're the kind of guy that keeps secrets from people he trusts."

"Hmmm. I suppose that suggests that I trust you. I guess I do, come to think of it."

We were sharing a Black Forest Cheesecake as we bantered back and forth. I was really enjoying the joust and, of course, the company. I guess it showed because Gisele made it plain she was enjoying it too. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to be with her. I'd been without female companionship for more than five months and that was the longest I had gone since I was a freshman in college. Married or not, I was attracted to this woman and my big head was passing that information along to my little head.

Great Expectations, the classic Dickens story, told of a boy who strove to rise from his humble beginnings to become a gentleman in English society. My great expectations were to rise from the ashes of my marriage and rebuild my life with a new partner. The lovely lady sitting across from me was definitely a candidate.

"There you go again, Geoff," she chuckled softly.

"The clouds thing?"

She nodded. "I don't recommend taking up poker as a pastime. Your eyes light up when a happy thought appears."

"I'm that transparent, am I?"

She nodded with a wry smile.

"So what am I thinking now?"

"You're wondering what it would take to get me into your arms ... if not your bed."

I don't know what my facial expression was at that moment, but whatever it was it provoked a reaction in Gisele.

"Oh my ... a bulls-eye," she said with surprise. She looked flustered and took a quick sip of water to calm herself.

"This was your game, remember?" I reminded her.

"Touché, sir." She was regaining her composure, but had blushed mightily.

I decided to up the ante. "So ... what would it take?"

"Let's just say you're heading in the right direction."

"Good. I'll settle for that. After all, I'm a married man, and I have to be careful of my reputation."

"And I don't?" she said, feigning an indignant pose.

"A true gentleman would never endanger a lady's reputation. It's just not done," I said in what I thought was an English accent.

"I'm not so sure about that, but maybe it's time we went. I've enjoyed this evening very much. It's a good start for something more ... don't you think?"

I drained my coffee and picked up the check. "It's a very good start," I said seriously.

To be concluded

Editing by ErikThread and Dave T with my thanks for their thoroughness and helpful suggestions. Any errors are mine.

coaster2
coaster2
2,600 Followers