All Comments on 'What are Friends For?'

by Takemebreakme

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
More!

We need a sequel for this! More creampies!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

"He's a major douche, he's shown the signs that he isn't a feminist and yet I still hang out with him."

Jesus! So if you aren't a feminist, that makes you a "major douche"?

I really hope that is only the opinion of the character, and not of the author.

There are two kinds of feminists: Misandrists, and those who aren't paying attention to what some of these feminist "scholars" are actually saying. Most of them are raving sexists when it comes right down to it. The veneer of academic language is paper thin, and some of them don't even bother with that.

I don't agree with the whole straight/gay/bi idea. I really don't think human sexuality can be meaningfully described on a 1-dimensional scale with 3 settings. It is just too simplistic. Identifying yourself as "lesbian" is just as much a prison as identifying as "straight", or as anything else. Just because a person has a strong desire to have sexual relations with someone of their own gender, doesn't make them "gay" in my eyes. It just means that they have a strong desire to have sexual relations with someone of their own gender, at this moment in time. And that is completely fine, and only the business of themselves and potential partners. It does not need to be an identity, and it should not be an identity, because identities have a tendency to rob people of their freedom.

That said, I think I can understand why this author, a self described lesbian, is having fantasies about sex with men, especially of the dubious consent variety. There is a specific power dynamic present in most (not all, but most) sex between a man and a woman, to varying degrees. That is my personal experience, as least. These stories about reluctance display that dynamic very clearly: The male invades, the female surrenders. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, as long as everything outside the realm of fantasy happens with consent from all parties. (non-explicit consent is fine. No need for sex contracts and the like.)

If the author wanted to try some of these fantasies out, and hasn't already, here is the advice I would give: Do it with someone you can trust. You don't have to do everything in one session, and taking time to build trust and learn each other's sexuality is crucial. This type of learning is best achieved through touch, rather than words. That makes it very hard to lie, even to yourself. To find a partner to experiment with, you could do a lot worse than finding someone with BDSM experience. BDSM is exactly about these power dynamics that happen between people during sex. The term covers a lot of sexual ground, and is not specifically about pain, ropes, and punishment, although these are also covered. The big advantage with people in that world is that they know exactly what consent means, and how important it is. It also isn't full of immature idiots, just trying to get their rocks off. I am absolutely sure that if a reluctance/dubious consent/near rape scene is what you want, or may want to experience, you can find someone in that scene who is also into that fetish. Someone who is mature enough not to rush it, and secure enough to say "no" when they need to.

And for god's sake, if you have a partner, don't do it without their consent.

As for the story, it was super hot! I am hoping for a sequel, too. I'd like to hear more about how she feels degraded and humiliated, going back for more, time and time again. Also, will she fall in love with him? He with her? What about pregnancy? Her seemingly shitty on/off relationship with the girlfriend? Do they end up as a nuclear family with a white picket fence and a slew of dirty secrets?

I would love to know!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTakemebreakme@Takemebreakme
I like my bi-curious fantasies, and I don't have any intentions of exploring my sexuality. These stories are just for sexy fun.