When a Woman's Fed Up Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Doctor Kenneth Davidson had dealt with many battered women in his career. He recognized her fear. And knew she didn't need to be released. He ordered that the nurses insert medicine into her IV. It would help her calm down, and then he'd order a psychiatric evaluation. This girl was at a crisis point, and if she didn't get help, they'd lose her. He couldn't let her go home. That was the last place she needed to be. The nurse injected the medicine, and he heard her ask about her mother. Kenneth knew both women well. Her mother often found herself being treated in his ER of multiple contusions and bruises. It seems that the cycle of abuse was continuing. He told the nurses to take her to see her Mom; she could sit there for a while.

When Keisha was wheeled into her mother's room, Lizzie Johnson was relieved. She thought her baby girl had died. Laying in her hospital bed, Lizzie was overjoyed to see her, but so very angry at the man that put her here. She was weak and could not get up to embrace her daughter. She was still fatigued from the pneumonia that landed her in the hospital. She reached for Keisha's hand and her daughter grasped her hand tightly. She saw the bandages and the cast. She was grateful that Keisha lived, but she was worried as well. That man would take her baby from her. "Momma, momma," Keisha whispered, tears cascading down her puffy brown cheeks.

Lizzie's doctors had told her she had improved and could go home soon, but now she feared leaving Keisha here. Her baby needed her, and yet she couldn't take care of her because she was so weakened from her illness. Somehow, she would not leave her at the hospital alone. So she talked to her doctor and asked to stay a few more days. The extra few days would benefit her as well. Lizzie thanked him and decided to focus on Keisha. When she was released, Lizzie wanted her to move in with her. She'd talk to the residence manager, and beg if she had to.

Lizzie, with help from the nurses on staff, checked on Keisha every day. Her visits helped, because Keisha regained her equilibrium. "Momma, hey." Keisha greeted her enthusiastically on one of her visits. "How are you Momma? You look so good. Momma, I love you. You know that right." She babbled on and on.

Lizzie smiled and sat for a moment. "Baby, they say I have to go back to the home tomorrow. So I won't be able to stop by every day. But I will call and check on you, OK. And I will try to be back in a few days to visit." Lizzie smiled. Keisha was worried. They only had each other, and if Momma went home, she would be by herself. Knowing that her mother was deathly ill was a huge concern for the young woman, but she could not be there for her right now. Keisha needed someone to look out for her mother. She could call Mya, but she had two jobs. She thought of Mrs. Greene. Maybe she and her husband would watch out for her.

Lizzie had the same concerns for her daughter. She didn't want to leave her in the hospital, but she had no choice. "Momma, I'm fine. I'm going to therapy and next week they will move me to a rehab center. It's in Baird, where Officer Nash lives. He's there and I can call him if I need help. OK, please don't worry about me. As soon as I'm able to, I'll come see you at the center, alright." Keisha smiled, hoping her words calmed her mother. "Momma, I'll ask Mya to help you if you need it. I can even call Mrs. Greene. She and her husband said I could call anytime. Maybe they can..."

"Yes, I can call Felix and Desiree if I need help. They are good people. But listen, baby. Don't you worry about me. I'll be fine." She looked at her daughter. "That young man, the officer, he's just a friend, right?" she asked.

Keisha looked confused. He wouldn't want someone with my baggage. she thought sadly. "Momma, he's a friend, that's all." She promised.

"Mrs. Johnson, we need you back in your room. Your doctor is coming to check on you." a nurse called from the door. Keisha squeezed her mother's hand and nodded, signaling that she was alright.

"I'm gonna talk to Mr. Jones and see if you can stay with me at my apartment when you get out of rehab. If you can't stay with me, I'll see if I can get our old apartment back." Lizzie stated before leaving with the nurse.

"Momma, I'm fine. I'll be at the rehab center for at least two weeks. I still have my house. Look, you need to stay at Agape Meadows; you need the help they can give you there. I'll find a new place, I promise." Keisha assured her mother.

Her mother smiled. "Keisha, I want you to go back to school. I want you to get a good job and get away from this place, hear me." She demanded. Keisha had a real shot. That boy was locked up, and she had a chance to get away. Lizzie managed to hide some money, and she'd make sure Keisha got it so she could start her life happy and free. Knowing she had to be discharged, Lizzie kissed her daughter's temple and stood to go back to her room with the nurse, when her daughter spoke once more.

Keisha smiled, and nodded. Deshaun was gone and it was time for her to escape. She didn't want to leave her mother, but she wanted to be gone when he got out. "Momma, I'll finish school. But I will not leave you here." She promised. Keisha then hugged her mother who reaffirmed her love. Mrs. Johnson was scheduled to go home the next day and the Greene's were taking her.

Mrs. Greene stopped by before they left. She wanted to check on Keisha and let her know that Lizzie would be taken care of. Keisha was stunned, and awed. Even though, they knew she didn't get along with their daughter, the Greene's always were there when she needed someone. Keisha smiled, and did not even try to hide her tears as she whispered "Thank you." Desiree hugged the young woman, and told her not to worry, and then her Mom stopped by once more.

Soon the women left, and Mr. Greene came in. He sat by her bed for a moment and said, "You are a fighter, Keisha. You have fought your whole life. He will never win. Now you get well so you can take your life back." He whispered Keisha simply nodded, as he left.

It was around noon, and she knew her two friends would stop by. Keisha ate her lunch as Mya and Davicia walked in. She mentioned her mother and Mya immediately told her she'd look out for her. Davicia chimed in, and Keisha went silent. Both her friends noticed. Mya and Davicia told her that her Mom would be fine. They'd check on her every day. Keisha trusted Mya, but she knew Davicia would report everything she said to Caveman, who'd tell Deshaun.

"Girl, we will look after your Momma; she'll be fine." Davicia insisted. "I wanna know what's up with you and the cop. Quesha works nightshift and she told me that he is always in your room."

Keisha froze and Mya spoke up. "Girl, you know how crazy Deshaun is. The girl is under police protection. If anyone messes with her, they will probably land in jail right beside Deshaun." She explained, clearly annoyed with their friend.

Davicia nodded, "Girl you're probably right. Look, I need to go get my kids. Girl, don't worry. We'll look out for your Momma, alright." Davicia added before exiting the room.

Mya stayed a few minutes, "Girl, I will treat your Momma like I treat my own. I got this, Ok. You get well." she hugged her friend and then left. As they exited the hospital, Mya could no longer contain her anger and she confronted Davicia.

Mya turned on her friend. "Davicia, really, what was that? She's dealing with enough right now. You know what he did to her and how sick Ms. Lizzie is? What's wrong with you?" Davicia glared at her friend. Everyone looked out for Keisha. Hell, even her man was saying they needed to look out for her. She understood, but part of her was just jealous. What made Keisha so damn special. Davicia fumed.

Mya was still venting, "Were you jealous when Deshaun beat her? Were you jealous when her Mom was being treated like she was? No, you laughed. You even snitched to Cave to keep her down. So, you don't have the right to question her. Go on with your life and leave Keisha alone." Mya demanded.

"Mya, Deshaun is crazy. If he finds out that white man is hanging around her, it will make things worse. I never meant for her to get hurt. I told Cave those things because I was proud of my girl. I didn't know he'd hurt her, and now she no longer trusts me. I understand, but you need to know this Mya; you are not her only friend." Davicia then climbed into her friend's car and slammed the door.

Keisha was glad to be alive, and although she knew he'd be locked up for two years, she knew he planned to make her pay when he got out. She decided not to stick around for that to happen. Someone walked in her room, and she froze. "It's me Keisha," Dylan spoke softly, "I'm here."

She relaxed. This man made her feel safe. A part of her knew he'd never hurt her, but she wondered was he here just because he felt sorry for her. She looked at him. He was not the most handsome man, short and stocky. He did however, have the most soothing voice. Last year, when he gave her his card, she kept it close. She was too afraid to call him, but now he was here, and she wondered if it meant anything at all.

Keisha was moved to Harmony Clinic and for two weeks she worked on gaining control off her muscles. It was hard, but everyday Dylan stopped by. Although Keisha acted as if it wasn't a big deal, she looked forward to seeing him. He was so kind, and he really seemed to care. But Keisha was scared because at times Deshaun could be nice as well, just like Frank. When she was younger, sometimes Frank would be kind. Usually it was after he'd beaten her mother, but she recalled being afraid all the time.

Deshaun was always nice after he beat her. He promised not to hit her again. Swore he loved her, but eventually another beating would come. Dylan was just nice. He would sit with her, even when she was being bitchy. She wanted him there, buts she also wanted to push him away. He made her feel safe, yet he scared her as well. Every time he stopped by, her day became just a bit brighter, and she had a reason to smile.

One day Keisha was having a hard time and Dylan stopped in. Before seeing her, he stopped to talk to a friend of his, a nurse that he had known since childhood. Keisha saw him with the other woman and was furious.

"What do you want?" Keisha demanded when Dylan entered her room.

Dylan was confused. It was obvious she was upset, but he was clueless. He had visited her every day, and this flip was puzzling. "Keisha, is everything-"she rudely interrupted.

"Look, Officer Nash, I'm fine and I don't need a babysitter. I have better things to do than be your entertainment every night. I saw you talking to that ...that female. She might like someone that looks like you. Maybe you should spend your time with her." She stated clearly annoyed.

Dylan was stunned. She was so mean and nasty, and he had not done anything to be treated so callously. "I mean I have a few more days here then I can find me a real man. Ooops, sorry, not implying you're not male. You're just not hard enough for me." She laughed derisively.

At her laughter Dylan was upset. "Look Keisha, you will not talk to me this way. I can tell you want to be left alone. So I'll leave. You have my number if you need me." He turned to walk out but not before telling her one more thing. "Oh and Keisha, I'm not him. I'll never treat you like he did." Keisha was stunned, and hurt; he just left. He promised to be there, to be her friend. But as soon as another bitch looked at him, he walked. He was just like every other man, a dog.

The nurse that had spoken to Dylan walked by and asked Keisha was she alright. Keisha didn't answer. With Deshaun, she learned to never speak to his women, and she was sure Dylan was the same. Dylan stayed away. It hurt, and he missed her. He would not however, allow her to paint him with the same brush as Deshaun. So Dylan took a few days and did not visit. His friend, Kelli called asking why he stopped. He explained that Keisha needed time and he was giving it to her.

Meanwhile, Keisha missed him. No one visited. She was in a foul mood, and the other residents avoided her. The director even had her attend meetings with the therapist daily to cope with her mood swings. It was in one of the sessions that Keisha broke. Her therapist was aware of some of her history and didn't come across as trying to fix her. She just listened. During one of the final sessions she asked Keisha. Why?

Keisha couldn't answer. Then she remembered being small and Frank moving in. She remembered the first time he beat her Mom and how powerless she was. Even as she grew older, she endured abuse. She was confused. The school would teach them to call the police, and when she was little she did. They came, and she got beat. She never called again. She never trusted them. The police protected other people.

Dylan was nice. He made her smile. He was goofy, and silly. But she believed that with him she was safe. However, he didn't want someone like her. She was too damaged, used goods. He could have any woman he wanted, and it seemed that the blonde nurse caught his eye. The therapist listened, and she realized that this girl had developed serious feeling for her friend. However, right now she still needed to heal. Keisha shook, and leaned forward in her chair. Covering her face with her hands, Keisha swore she would not fall for the man that was her lifeline. He didn't want her. He wanted a woman like him. He wanted a woman that was stable, normal, and more than likely white. He would never be interested in being with a black girl. He was a nice man, and he deserved a nice woman, like the nurse, Kelli. Besides, she didn't want him to turn, and become the monster she was used too.

Keisha moved from Harmony Clinic into an apartment near the rehab center. She would continue her treatments as an outpatient. She called Dylan and he came and helped her find an apartment and move. He even offered to take her to see her mother, but she refused and caught the bus. Keisha took time and enrolled in classes at a local training center. For the first time in her life, it seemed as if she could dream again.

One weekend, Dylan invited her to his home. She went albeit reluctantly, and met his brother, who was just as goofy as he was. She also met some of his other friends. It was nice, and she enjoyed it. His brother, Carter, was five years younger than both of them. She and Dylan, she learned, were the same age. At thirty-one, Keisha felt like a schoolgirl when she was around Dylan, and Carter loved it. He spent the entire day teasing them and egging on his older brother. For the first time, Keisha laughed, and it felt wonderful.

She and Dylan spent a lot of time together and their friendship grew. To Keisha, Dylan Nash was amazing. No one could hold a candle to him, but he saw her as only a friend. One night, Dylan stopped by her apartment, and they just watched television and had sandwiches. Keisha loved serving him, and a part of her wanted more, but she was not what he needed. He is amazing. I wish he could be mine., she would often think. She had no idea that at night she was all he dreamed of. Keisha kept up with her classes, and her friendship with Officer Nash grew.

Back in her old home town, no one knew where she moved to. She came to town weekly to visit her mother, but beside that. She had no reason to stay in Newark. Mr. and Mrs. Greene promised her they'd look out for her Mom and they kept their word. Her mother was well cared for. She knew this because Talia's parents visited her daily. Her friend Mya also kept check on her and called with daily updates.

The first few weeks, Davicia would often show up at her mother's home. She spoke with her, but would not tell her where she moved to. Eventually, she started to thinking that they were following her. The first time she saw Caveman's car behind her bus, she got off six blocks away from her home and went into a park. The next time she went to the local police station. She asked for Dylan, and he answered immediately. She told him about the car that followed her from Newark.

Dylan didn't like this. Deshaun was locked up, but that didn't mean he would not try and have her hurt. He had her to give a description of the car and he called his friend Carl. For the next few weeks, Keisha did not go see her mother, because she just didn't feel safe. She called Mrs. Greene and explained what happened. The first thing Mrs. Greene did was calm her, and then she told her they'd make sure her mother was fine.

Soon everything settled, and Caveman was questioned. He explained that he was just trying to make sure she was alright. He told the cops he was not working for Deshaun, and that they were no longer speaking. Keisha was in class one day she got a call from Mya. Her heart froze. Mya would not call unless it was an emergency. She rushed home to find that her mother had collapsed. She was rushed to the hospital, and three days later, she passed away peacefully

Keisha fell apart, and her friend Mya was right there. Mya held her friend as she cried, and that was where Dylan found them at the hospital. His heart broke for her and he wished this was something he could fix.

He went to her immediately and Keisha flowed into his embrace. He held her close, completely oblivious to the strange stares the two of them received. Some were jealous. Keisha Johnson had everything. She was beautiful, going to school, and now she had a man that would take care of her. Life was unfair.

Caveman, came to the funeral home to show much respect to Keisha and her Mom. Mrs. Johnson was one of a few people that believed in him. She was the reason he decided to stop being a thug and go straight. He and Deshaun were always tight, but after what he did to Keisha this last time, he was done with him. So as Keisha prepared to bury he mother, Caveman apologized. He promised her that as far as he was concerned, he was no longer a threat to her.

A week later, at Lizzie's funeral, many people from the neighborhood attended. Dylan attended and he stayed with her the whole time. His message was clear. She was with him, and if they had issue with it, tough. Caveman, made his way over to her and paid his respect. He greeted Dylan first, and then he addressed Keisha. His simple action sent a message to all of the other guys there. Keisha had a new man, and they would acknowledge him.

Deshaun was his friend, but he didn't like the way he treated this girl. He and Davicia were together for the same amount of time, and he never put his hands on his woman. What Keisha didn't know was that many times, he felt had no choice but to report to Deshaun. They were homeboys, and had to look out for each other. Deshaun was five years older than him, and looked out for him on the streets.

At first, he thought he was helping his friend, but after last year, he realized that something was wrong with his friend. He regretted telling him about the argument. Davicia told him that night, and she said that Keisha didn't back down. He told Deshaun hoping he'd see that he had a girl that would do anything for him. Unfortunately, he took it and beat the girl. Caveman knew it was then the Keisha no longer saw him or Davicia as friends, and she was right.

He hated that Mrs. Johnson had passed. But he did do Keisha one solid. Earlier that day, her step-dad, Frank showed up. He and his friends delivered a message to that creep that he was not welcomed and needed to be gone. Frank was no fool and quickly made himself scarce.

He was at Mrs. Johnson's funeral, and he knew Keisha had feelings for that white cop. He watched her with him. He suspected something over a year ago when she was bailing Deshaun out, but the officer left. Now he had no doubts. Keisha had a new man, and he was good for her. The services ended and everyone traveled to the cemetery. The graveside ceremony was solemn, ending with everyone but Keisha and Dylan leaving early. The Greene's agreed to host a repast at the community center, so a majority of the crowd went there.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers