When a Woman's Fed Up Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,298 Followers

Keisha was frozen. She was now truly alone, and although she'd miss her Mom, she could finally just go. She was finally free. There was no reason to stay here. All of a sudden two arms encircled her and she leaned into his strength. "Keisha, I'm here. When no one else is around, I'm here." He whispered. Keisha smiled. Dylan was her one solid throughout this entire nightmare. He stayed by her side, helped her struggle through therapy, and was a strong shoulder when she needed to weep.

"Thank you, Dylan. I don't know what I would do without you." Keisha whispered.

"Well, it's good you never have to know. Do you want to go to the repast, or home?" he asked.

"Let's go to the community center. Mr. and Mrs. Greene were kind enough to prepare a dinner. It would be rude not to attend." She answered. Dylan drove to the center. Everyone was eating, talking, and telling stories about her mother in her younger days. Many offered her their sympathies. Keisha graciously accepted their kind words. Dylan had her sit, while he went to prepare a plate for her. As he left, Talia sat beside her.

"Keisha, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your mother was nothing but kind to me. She will be missed." Talia spoke softly. Talia was hesitant about speaking to Keisha, as they were not friends. She was waiting for a smart aleck retort, but Keisha simply said, "Thank you."

Talia stood to leave when Keisha asked her to stay. "I have always been jealous of you. You had everything I wanted and I hated you for it. Momma used to always tell me not to feel that way. When I was younger and Frank... Well anyway, I stopped caring. Then I met Deshaun. He wanted you, and because of that I hated you even more. You were right, and I hated that too. I buried my Momma today, and honestly she was the only person that gave a damn about me. She taught me many things and one was to admit when I was wrong. Talia, I'm sorry. The name-calling, hateful words, and the teasing you endured from me was wrong. I hope you can forgive me one day, but I understand if you cannot."

Talia was stunned. Keisha Johnson admitted she was wrong. She apologized. "Um, Keisha, thank you for that. You know your mother wasn't the only person that cared. You have a whole community of people that are concerned for you. Don't shove them away." Talia stated.

Keisha looked at her. She realized this woman that she hated for no reason was the only person beside her Mom to ever tell her the truth. "He gets out in a year and I won't be here waiting. I'm leaving. Besides, I don't have a reason to stay anymore." Her eyes gravitated to Dylan. Talia noticed and smiled. It seemed as if for once, Keisha could finally have the happiness she deserved. Dalia joined her twin, and sat on the other side of Keisha. The three women talked, and for the first time since they were five, they laughed together.

Both women knew that Keisha had a hard childhood. Their father was instrumental in stopping a lot of the abuse. Then she hooked up with Deshaun. Once when they were kids, Felix saw Deshaun shove the girl and he intervened immediately. He went straight to Mrs. Johnson, but Frank refused to let her help.

Talia and Dalia were so grateful that they had loving parents and a loving home. Dylan brought her some food, and the twins left the two of them alone. Dylan sat with Keisha and made sure she ate something. Everyone noticed how patient he was, and that he seemed to genuinely care for her. Soon it was late, and Keisha needed to leave. She walked over to the Greene's to thank them, and Mrs. Greene hugged her. "Keisha, sweetie, you can stay with us for a while if you need to, alright." She offered.

Keisha smiled, and thanked her. Tonight, she'd stay at a hotel and finish clearing her mother's home the next day. She was donating all of her things to Agape Meadows, but she wanted to remove any personal belongings that she'd left. Dylan drove her to the Homestyle Inn, where he secured two rooms for the both of them. Dylan walked Keisha to her room, and did not want to leave her alone. So they sat in her room and talked a while.

She told him of the years before Frank, and they laughed at the memories. Soon they went their separate ways and slept. Dylan, and The Greene women met her and helped her clear her mother's room.

Talia surprised her by hugging her, and promising to be there if she ever needed her. Keisha was stunned, because she knew that she'd made this woman's life a living hell. But this was just like Talia, she never held a grudge. So Keisha hugged her back and thanked her sincerely. Once everything was donated or secured to take back, Keisha realized that this would be her last time seeing these people together. The thought was sobering, but to keep them safe, she had to go. She thanked each person that was there and then she and Dylan headed back home.

The drive back was silent. Finally, Dylan spoke. "How long will you stay before you leave?'" he asked.

Keisha gasped, "How did you know? I never said..." she stopped.

"You only stayed this close because of your Mom. I know that. I also know you want to be as far away from here as you can get because of him. But Keisha, I will protect you from him. You don't have to leave." Dylan spoke softly.

Keisha took a deep breath, and smiled. "You are the only reason I am tempted to stay. But if I stay he will come after you. I won't risk you or anyone else. Dylan, you are my best friend. I would not have survived without you. So thank you for being here and giving me a reason to hold on." She whispered.

He drove to her apartment building, and being ever the gentleman escorted her to her door. "Keisha, can we talk for a moment?" he asked, his heart pounding. She invited him inside. Dylan entered and had a seat on her futon, that was also her bed.

"Keisha, he won't be out for over a year. You don't have to run from him. You know he'll be monitored, and you can get a restraining order. If he comes near you, he'll go right back to prison. Who knows, he might not get out. He's a hot head. He fucks up once and he loses his probation and serves all five years. I won't let him hurt you. He will never get near you. Will you trust me Keisha, believe in me?" Dylan pleaded.

Keisha stroked his cheek. "You are the only one I believe in Dylan. When you gave me your card, I believed you. But I know him. He will come after me, and if he thinks I'm here with you, he will hurt you. If he gets out and I'm gone, then he has no reason to target you or anyone else. Besides, what would people think? I mean we are different. Your friends rarely visit you anymore now, and I've been to the precinct and see how they treat you there. I'm not what you need. You need someone they can respect, not a washed up hood-rat." She whispered.

"Don't ever say such horrible things about yourself. You are just as good as everyone else, even better than some." He retorted annoyed and frustrated. He wanted her to stay and right now he'd give anything for that to happen. Why couldn't she see herself as he saw her? She was always putting herself down and he couldn't stand it. No one would insult the woman he loved, not even that woman herself.


Thank you all for reading chapter one of "When a Woman's Fed Up." I know it was short, but I certainly hope you enjoyed it. I will submit chapter two as soon as it's done. So please be patient. Please comment and vote,

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,298 Followers