When Marriage Cools: Arlene

Story Info
A wife's ambition ruins her marriage.
10.4k words
4.09
105.1k
90

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 10/17/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Marriage Cools: Arlene - A wife's ambition ruins her marriage.

This is a story of a woman's ambition overshadowing her marriage and the horrific consequences.

"ACHOOO! ... Damn, I wonder who I've kissed lately that gave me this cold?"

"Not me, probably your boss's ass," quipped my wife Arlene, standing in front of her bedroom vanity, taking those godawful rollers out of her hair.

"I'd like to, she's got a great touche."

"Probably has calluses on it from riding all her salesmen," she shot back.

"Nope, smooth as a baby's bum."

"You ought to know, you had your hands on it most of last night during the dance."

"ACHOOO! ... Yeah, well, I couldn't get my hands on my wife's ass when there was two other pairs on her's."

"Screw you, I only danced a couple of times with Mike and Dave."

"That was a couple more dances than I got," I snuggled my mouth into her neck and reached around from behind her to squeeze those magnanomous breasts.

"SNIFF... Great tits, just as firm as your buns."

"Get away from me, you prick," she snarled, "I've got an important trip today and I don't need your germs."

The fight was on... again. I wondered how the hell we'd ever gotten to this point. I went into the main bathroom for a shower. While fantasizing about Arlene's pussy, the warm water stiffened my dick.

'Poor bastard,' I thought, looking down at my ramrod, 'haven't seen any action for months... Well, except for last night, but I'm sure as hell not going to tell her about that one'.

My dick was begging to be wanked but I wasn't going to give Arlene the satisfaction of catching me. I was leaning into the mirror, shaving, my meat resting on the vanity.

Arlene came in. "I need my hair dryer..." she stopped, staring at my erection. "Why don't you go jack that thing off... or are you planning on taking that horse cock to the office to show your boss?"

"Think she'll be impressed?" I quipped.

"You can beat the bitch with it for all I care," she grabbed her dryer and table mirror, then headed to the kitchen for a cup of coffee.

"You'll have to get your own breakfast, my flight leaves in two hours," she spat as I fetched a cup for myself.

"ACHOOO! ... I have your itinerary, who else is going with you?"

"Those two guys that were at my company party, Mike and Dave, along with a new hire, Anne Hanson. Anything else you'd like to know?"

"Yeah... Are you going to fuck them?"

Her face turned purple, "What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you think every man is like you, a pussy hound?"

"You're a beautiful woman, Arlene. If I was in your office, I'd certainly be chasing you... Listen to me, Arlene... SHUT THAT GODDAMN THING OFF AND LISTEN TO ME FOR FIVE MINUTES...

"First of all, I am NOT a pussy hound, I don't know who planted that stupid idea in your head. I have NEVER been unfaithful and have NEVER been tempted to be unfaithful..."

"Yeah? You couldn't come to my company party last night because you had an important meeting with a 'client'. Then you show up late with your slut boss."

"ACHOO! ... We finished early and I told her I had to hurry to get to your party. She wanted to come along, she knows some of your people."

"Likely story. From the way she was rubbing her body on you, it looked like she was begging for round two."

"That's bullshit and you know it. You're sick, Arlene, you're getting paranoid. Chasing that promotion for all this time has addled your brain. Worse, you've been completely ignoring me... Arlene, I'm worried about our marriage. You don't even want to make love anymore..."

She flared again. "Is that what this is all about? You just need a fuck? Well, come on, asshole, let's go to our bedroom and do it... No? Did you already jack off? For chrissakes, Rob, you are such a pathetic goddamn wimp."

The fight was at the high water mark now, she had never called me an asshole or a wimp before. I was so angry, I wanted to reach out and throttle the bitch, but stopped and got hold of my temper.

"No, I did NOT wank... No, I'm NOT a wimp... No, I don't NEED a mercy fuck... What I need is a loving, caring wife, one who appreciates her husband's needs, not one who doles out her sexual favors when it suits her mood... and so goddamn rarely too... Arlene, I'm tired of the sniping and shrewish behaviour, this isn't a marriage anymore. We don't seem to be able to fix this so I want to leave you with one thought while you're at that marketing seminar...

"Arlene, I think we should consider a divorce..."

She stared at me in stunned disbelief. Her lower lip trembled and tears came to her eyes. Her reply came in a whisper.

"Rob, I'm sorry for being so mean. I've been doing the work of three people for the last year and I'm right on the edge. You know how important this promotion is to me. It's the culmination of two years of very hard work...

"Yes, I've been a bitch, but once I get this VP position, things will return to normal, you'll see. They've promised to announce it at the seminar, so please bear with me for just a little longer..."

"ACHOOO! ... I don't know why I should believe you, you've become a workaholic. There will always be one more rung on the corporate ladder..."

"There are no more rungs..."

"Arlene, there's something else that's bothering me. There's a rumor going around about your company. It seems a few of your sales people are suspected of using whores to close deals..."

She stared at me... incredulous. Then off she went again, this time so irate, she was spitting.

"How DARE you? What do you take me for? Do you think I'm a whore?"

"No, not yet, but I do believe one thing... Your job has become more important than your marriage. You may decide to spread your legs to get that VP job... But make no mistake, Arlene, if you do, we're over... done... our divorce will be automatic..." The argument was getting far out of hand. Now I was accusing her of planning to be unfaithful. Again, I pulled my horns in.

"Arly, I love you... more than any man has ever loved a woman. Please, I'm begging you, don't make this trip. Please stay. Let's spend some time together... we can go off somewhere..."

She stood and wrapped her arms around my neck, tears running down her face.

"I love you too, Rob, very much, and I'm so sorry for calling you names. It's just that I'm wound up tighter than an clock spring. I have to go, everything is booked. It's only a week and when I get back, I promise we'll take some time off..."

With that, she turned and ran to the bedroom to get dressed.

I left for work, unsure if the pain in my chest was from my cold or from some terrible foreboding.

**********

ARLENE

I had the window seat, Anne in the middle, and Mike in the aisle. Anne was a recent MBA graduate, young, pretty, starry eyed. She couldn't believe her luck. Only a few months with the company and here she was, flying off to a high level marketing seminar. Mike was stroking her ego, listening to her giggle. Their chatter suited me just fine, it gave me time to think about Rob and myself.

My marriage was going down the toilet and it was me who pushed the plunger. It was true, the promotion had become an obsession but why couldn't he understand my point of view? He knew I came from dirt. Everything I had, I had to fight for since I was a little girl. When he swept me off my feet four years ago, I was so much in love. I thought I was the luckiest woman in the world.

But it wasn't enough, I pushed and pushed. Even though he was very patient, I was not, not with him and not anyone else. I was alienating him, making him suspicious of my late working hours and our poor sexual relationship. Hell, I couldn't even remember the last time we made love.

He wanted children, badly. Before now, I wasn't enthused. I didn't need brats to complicate my career. But I loved him and now that my goal was within reach, I was willing to have a child to please him. Maybe in time, I could learn to be a good mother too.

But my career had to be established first. My promotion would be announced this week, so I went off the pill. Now in my fertile cycle, I was going to make love to him last night and this morning until he got me pregnant.

But that goddamn party last night screwed up my plans. For some reason, I managed to pass out. I couldn't remember arriving home or crawling into bed. This morning, I woke up with a lulu of a headache and it only got worse. We began sniping at each other, and then the argument... Oh God, that was horrible. I'd never seen so much venom flow from either of us.

For the first time, I could see the huge crack that had developed in our marriage, particularly after he raised the sceptre of divorce... Oh, shit, I should have stayed home. I should be under him right now, loving him, making our baby.

Why jeopardize our marriage for this stupid seminar? ... Of course, I knew the answer. It was pride and power. My promotion was going to be announced. Secondly, I was going to deliver a couple of speeches and all those wannabee marketers were going to hang on my every word. It would be like slopping the hogs when I was back in that orphanage where I spent so much of my youth...

--

My hotel room was number 1152. The rest of the group were on the same floor. I quickly showered and changed for dinner. The four of us had a great meal. I was excited for the seminar to begin the next day. Mike introduced Anne to some older man and he whisked her away.

My second glass of wine did me in. My head felt strange, the room started to spin and turn dark. Strong arms slipped under my armpits...

--

I was tiptoeing through a sea of cocks, some big, some small, some erect, some flaccid. All the men were on their backs, all had Rob's face. I smiled down at him as I lowered myself onto his cock. An orgasm shook me and he pumped his cum into me.

Next cock... again it was Rob and again I lowered myself onto him. The man next to him was Rob too. I took his flaccid cock into my mouth and began sucking. Another Rob stood behind me and pushed his cock into my asshole... Strange... Rob had never done that before. I came again.

Onto the next Rob, cocks in all my holes now, ejaculating into me. I came again and again. It was good, I was so happy, pleasing the man I loved...

...I awoke with a start... What a strange erotic dream.

I was naked and flat on my back, my face so sticky I could barely open my eyes. Where was I, this wasn't our bedroom? Where was Rob? My body hurt, my hands were stuck to my chest and thigh. I felt sore down there, very sore. Reaching down with my hand, my fingers found semen in my crotch. As I stared at my hand, a voice came from the fog.

"She's awake," it sounded like Dave.

Mike loomed over me. "Welcome to the club, bitch, you're my whore now."

I sat up, dizzy, totally uncomprehending. Was this still part of my dream? He was naked, his hard cock pushing towards my face.

"Yes, we have pictures too. We were set to take you after the party last night but your wimp husband showed up and took you home. But not to worry, you're going to make a great company whore. Now suck my dick again and I'll give you another cum bath."

What? What was he doing? Why were we naked together in the same room?

Finally my brain registered the horror. No, this wasn't a dream, it was real... I started to scream. I just screamed and screamed. A hand hit my face, hard, but it didn't stop me, I kept on. Another hand hit me, then again and again... then everything went dark...

--

There were figures milling around the room, some of them poking and prodding me. My face was bandaged and my lips were cut and swollen. What were these people doing? Again, I started to scream.

"Please, Mrs. Renault, calm down or we'll have to give you another sedative," I recognized a nurse's cap and tried to pull myself together.

"That's better," she said, "We've had you under sedation for two days now..."

"What... where am I?"

"In County General Hospital. It appears you've had a very bad time of it."

"Where's my husband? Why isn't he here?"

"Please try to remain calm. There's a detective waiting outside this room. He'll answer all your questions."

A big burly guy came in, looking bored with the whole thing. After sitting down beside my bed, he pulled out a pad and a tape recorder.

"Are you ready to make a statement, Mrs. Renault?"

"Please tell me how I got here. Where are my friends? My husband?"

"Whoa, one thing at a time... You were found in Room 464 of your hotel. That room was supposed to be vacant. You had no ID and it took us almost two days to find out who you were. We interviewed your cohorts..."

"They raped me..."

"Well," he smirked, "We have their statements. They said that three nights ago, you got drunk and they took you up to your room and left you there. The next morning you didn't show up at the seminar and they asked the concierge to check on you. Your room hadn't been slept in and your luggage was gone. They assumed you decided to return home."

He continued. "Yes, we checked on their whereabouts that evening. Apparently the three of them were dancing at a nightclub. The place was pretty crowded, so we haven't been able to absolutely verify that."

"Did you call my husband?"

"We tried but there was no answer at your home. We managed to track down where he worked but he didn't show up this morning. He's not answering his cellphone either. Do you have any other next of kin?"

"No, my parents died in a car accident when I was six, I have no siblings."

"Do you have anyone else we could call?"

There was no one at work I dared call. None of my coworkers were close friends and this news would spread through the office like wildfire.

"Mrs. Mary Cooper, Rob's... my husband's sister." I gave him the number. He returned ten minutes later.

"She'll be here this evening... Now, I need an official statement from you, everything you can remember..."

After he left, I laid in that bed, trying to piece together what had happened. Then the shock hit me. I was fertile, what if...? NO, please, if there's a God, please don't let this happen... Tears soaked the bandages on my face...

Mary arrived after dinner and I was discharged into her care.

"Good Lord, Arlene, you look like you've been hit by a city bus. What happened?"

I gave her the short version, "Drugged, raped, and beaten... Have you managed to contact Rob?"

"No, he's not answering his phones and I didn't have time to look for him before I came to get you. Do you know what you want to do? Do you know who did this?"

"Mary, I'm too upset to talk about it yet. Please, just take me home."

It was after midnight before our flight landed. Both our cars were in the driveway but the house was dark. No purse, no key, I beat on the door and pleaded with Rob to let me in. After a few minutes, Mary tried the door handle, it was unlocked. Once inside, I turned on the lights and we both called... no answer.

Mary searched the downstairs while I ran up to our bedroom. His clothes and personal effects were gone.

Mary was screaming from the downstair's den. Spread across the mantlepiece and the coffee table were a number of large glossies of several different men using me, their faces blanked out. I was in shock.

"Don't touch them, there may be fingerprints," I yelled.

My legs were barely holding me up as I ran into the kitchen. I found a new set of rubber kitchen gloves and shakily loaded all of the pictures into a folder. My legs caved in. I fell onto the couch and bawled.

"Arlene, I'll call Frank and tell him I'm going to spend the night with you."

"No, it's OK, Mary, I'll be fine. Could you leave me a little money? My purse is gone too... Thanks for coming for me... Now please go home to your family. I'll be OK, things can't get much worse."

But I knew it was going to get a lot worse.

--

After almost no sleep, I went out for breakfast early the next morning. So much to do, but most of all, what I needed was to find Rob. I didn't have a clue how to do that so I called our attorney. He apologized for not being able to take me as a client since he was already representing Rob. No, he didn't know where Rob was. I asked him for a referral to a criminal attorney. He seemed a bit surprised but called one of his colleagues.

An hour later, I met with that attorney. After listening to a condensed version of my story, he recommended that I hire a PI he knew to verify the facts.

Harland Jones was an older man and looked like he'd been around the block a few times. I felt confident in his demeanor and told him the whole sordid story and what I wanted.

"Mrs. Renault, I..."

"Call me Arlene, please."

"OK, Arlene, call me Harry," he smiled. "My retainer is four hundred a day plus expenses when I'm working on your case, that OK?" I nodded.

"What you're asking for is likely to cost a lot of money. Can I drop by tonight so we can go over the details?" I nodded again.

My next visit was to our bank. Fortunately, I knew our investment manager quite well. When she asked about the bandages, I told her I was mugged and my purse was stolen. She said she would take care of cancelling all of my cards and getting new debit and credit cards.

Next, I checked all our accounts. Rob had cashed in one investment worth about $20,000 and had withdrawn the money the previous morning. Tears came to my eyes. He was gone.

Rob's boss was next. She told me Rob hadn't shown up for work the day before and had no idea where he was. She promised to ask all of her employees and get back to me. I phoned some of Rob's buddies, no luck there either.

My doctor wasn't available so I stopped at a clinic and had my bandages changed. Late afternoon, I arrived home exhausted and crashed on the sofa until that evening when the doorbell woke me. It was Harry.

"Arlene, I've checked on your cohorts. Apparently they are still at the seminar. One of my operatives is checking on your story about the possibility of Mike using company whores.

"I've checked with the hospital you were in. They did a complete analysis of your blood and seminal fluids when you were brought in. That report will be on my desk in the morning.

"Can you remember the name of the police detective who took your statement? ... Good, I'll need that too... I've also got the local police involved. Alexis Gordon is the Assistant DA in this town, a real tiger when it comes to prosecuting males who abuse women. Make no mistake, as long as you are honest with her, she'll be solidly on your side.

"Now, I need to see those pictures..."

I fetched the rubber gloves and the folder.

"Wow, these are great," he looked up at me from his perch and saw the look of disgust on my face.

"Don't get me wrong, Arlene. I was just commenting on the resolution. These guys are obviously amateurs. First, they don't realize that people can be identified not just by their faces, but by their bodies too; the marks, moles, scars, etc. Secondly, they've used a felt pen to blank out their faces. Forensics may be able to lift that ink...

"Also, they'll lift any fingerprints they find.. I'm sure your husband's will be there too. Even that may be useful if we are trying to locate him."

"Exactly what are you doing about locating my husband?"

"With the terrorist threat, airlines always keep an accurate passenger list. One of my people will check those lists in the morning. We will also check his credit card purchases in case he used some other mode of transportation, or if he made purchases in whatever town or city he may be in. In addition, the FBI monitors all transactions over $10,000."

"Harry, Rob's a CFO, he knows all about those things. If he's trying to disappear, it'll be very difficult to find him. He may be using an alias or he may be out of the country... I'll have to limit my expenditures in that direction, I don't have unlimited resources... but after you compile your evidence against Mike and Dave, I'll be suing my former company."