All Comments on 'When Marriage Cools: Arlene'

by IraBumblefield

Sort by:
  • 98 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
got to

The part where the wife woke up at the seminar and gave up as it had become to clichéd, i wont bother rating but i i had it would have been low

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
WHEN THE LITTLE HEAD LOSES CONTROL

the Ego-Meister really messes it up. TK U MLJ LV NV

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Great story.....sad.....but great.

There is a huge difference between cheating and being raped. The wife did put too much effort into her job instead of her marriage, but then so do a lot of people. That said, her colleagues happened to be rapists and not every company has rapists on it's payroll. She didn't cheat. Cheating is a conscious act to violate the marriage vows, and rape is not. The husband should have checked to be sure of the facts before running. There would have been time to run once rape was ruled out. The husband made the decision to lie about the son for his own reasons, as long as the lie was not discovered it would help his wife to recover, but I don't know what would happen if she found out he lied, but then life is full of unanswered questions and possibilities.

Still, it's a great story not just because of the writing but because it makes the reader think and maybe reevaluate their feelings on what is and is not cheating.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
I agree 100% with @kjohns2001...

I agree 100% with @kjohns2001...A sad story with a happy ending...In the beginning we were led to think she was cheating, but no...Rape is one of the worst crimes for me...the rapists had what they deserved...In the end she deserved that he had lied about the son, and by that time he loved the boy as if he was his...The only weak point: The rapist couldn't be only her coleagues, they must be important in the company ladder, to assure that she would be VP and doble her salary...However a very good story...4*

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Needless to say

I enjoyed the story. Wrongs were done. Prices were paid. Not exorbitant prices. But meaningful prices.

It flowed. You really need to learn to not use words you are not familiar with.

Did I feel a lot of emotion in it? No. This did not strike a chord, but it resonated some.

That suffices.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
A remorseless, mind f___k of a story about characters who only feel regret in 'too little, too late' variant

Ditto what FD45 said. Author has def and deft skills. The flash often vying against substance. Why ? Because he can. Jab, jab, right cross , get in and out . Never give reader/opponent a fixed target. Word smithery' over story telling. IraB be showing off. I respect this as a fledgling effort. Author is dabbling , in search of his voice. Kudos. Good luck.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Love

Love is caring for another person. Caring for another person in an imperfect world means that in order to love them you must be able to accept the imperfect. Mutual love, being in love, is a powerful force and is the best thing that life has to offer. Walking away from that is as foolish as it is difficult.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 8 years ago
Congratulations

You gave us a woman who is flawed but strong and sensible when the crisis comes. In that regard you are practically unique. I will be fascinated to watch the response you get.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I liked the story, but:

The first few sentences set the tone for word usage and spelling. Throughout the story, you used incorrect words or spelled the words wrong. There were about 4 examples in the first 6 or 7 sentences.

This would all have been corrected by simply using either a word processing program with spell and grammar check or an editor.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
Why?

Would she want that sorry sack of shit back? He may well be the worst excuse for a husband outside of swingers and willing cucks that I have ever read about!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Really! Annony didn't like a stoery!! Amazing!!

I gave you a 5 to help your rating and to tell dear annony, eat shit and die

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2over 8 years ago
5 for content and effort

Good realistic story

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
No

Spell check will not fix what ails this story. Vigorous using a dictionary will.

A spell checker will lead you horribly wrong if you do not know WHICH version of a word to use.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Suspension of belief

The plot falls completely apart with the rape, this is a major corporation at a seminar in a hotel, a guest is assaulted, raped and kidnapped to be found in an empty room after several days. This must be a pay by the hour hotel with keys instead of cards so the out of town attendees picked the lock to enter and had their fun there is no maid service so room is not checked for days. The police say you accuse your companions but they have witnesses that they were not able to be in the room with you. The hotel has no security or video cameras. See what I mean, the first thing a hotel manager is going to do is reduce the damage to the hotel and that means the police are not going to blow off the companions because it reduces the hotels liability so they are going to be in an interrogation room they will have reported to their boss for a lawyer and unless the lawyers an idiot he is going to be representing ALL the companies employees and that includes the victim. If it is a modern hotel the guys had to get an employee to get in the room and liability to hotel so they are going to have a lawyer following the investigation. I just cannot get past that point in your story so only a 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pathetic

I couldn't finish it because it was so stupid.

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
It was Arlene's choice

She chose to go to the seminar and pal around with Mike et al despite her husband’s concerns. It was a conscious decision and, in my opinion, a betrayal of her marital relationship. She did not deserve to be raped and used as she was but she set herself up for it.

Rob went to great lengths to overcome Arlene’s initial decision to disregard him and his concerns and the aftermath of that decision. Even then, Arlene did not value Rob enough to call it off with Alex on the telephone and refuse to go the concert. Rob overcame that and more all to provide Arlene with security, safety, and I guess love. I’m not saying that Rob was a saint, far from it, but he went the extra mile. His lie about the parentage of her son served to make that possible. Arlene benefitted and the boy benefitted. I can find no fault in that.

It is my considered opinion that there are no male/female friendships that do not have a sexual component (even when the guy is gay). That sexual component may be subliminal but it’s there. In addition there is a emotional component that is certainly a diversion from the primary relationship and weakens it. Many many will deny this but even with all of the denial in the world, it is still true. If the primary relationship is diluted or weakened because of allegiance and attachment to the friend (which always happens) the primary relationship is in trouble. It is no longer a partnership of helpmates but a partnership of convenience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I cannot agree with Palewriter...

...because I don´t see her intending to cheat at the seminar. Not suspecting any harm she was having a good time; I doubt that she ever realized being drugged until it was over. She "killed" the blackmail attempt and did what was necessary to break that circle. Rob, on the other hand, reacted immature. Instead of confronting her with his suspicions ehe simply avoided everything - and ran. That was no way to behave for an adult. He soaked in self-pity, reminding me of how often I read stories where the husband sulks and drinks his life away. I do not believe that men are mostly as insecure as painted in these stories. Found the story a good read, with the exception that I could have killed that incompetent asshole Rob (and gone to jail a happy man, lol). 3*

stev2244stev2244over 8 years ago
Good story, 5*

Okay, the guy was acting a little weak. But we´re not here to judge the protagonists, just the story. Weak guys exist and why can´t a good story describe a weak man? I´m not into that implied "women, don´t pursue your career too much, have a family instead" thing. But that´s a minor issue.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Ha

I am sure we all have STRICTLY held our bosses to a maximum of 40 hours of work a week. I am sure none of us EVER offered up free overtime, or stayed late for a project. I am sure NONE of us ever had an uncomfortable call to the kids or the spouse as we...just couldn't make that event. You know...that IMPORTANT event to the family?

Yeah...none of us ever did that. She did VERY LITTLE WRONG.

And no, hanging around someone is NOT infidelity. It is called this little thing called 'friendship'. (She granted, choose her friends poorly)

Rape is rape. Cheating involves CHOICE. CHOOSING to work, CHOOSING to go to a seminar. This I not cheating. It IS putting something else ahead of a spouse...but everyone of us has done that before.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice story,better than just burn the bitch JPBobs story

This was a good story , I just hate those naysayers. Who only operate on one level.it was different and for the most part it worked.

maninconnmaninconnover 8 years ago
Hmmm...

Over the top coincidences, lying, cheating, betrayal, rape, pillaging, harassment, sex, drugs...

....loved it! Thanks.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 8 years ago
An overwrought cautionary tale...

that got my cynical arse hooked. Well done. I loved the way you tried to develop the characters and convey their emotional turmoil instead of taking the easy options. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice try, but that just didn't fly

And you need an editor. There were a couple of really egregious errors in this. And are these people so stupid that they've never heard of getting Professional help for their marital problems? The fake DNA test was really not a good twist. What happens the first time the kid has a blood test and Dad's blood isn't compatible? That would be a real bomb for their marriage. And what kind of wimpy cuckold packs up and leaves without so much as a word to his soon to be ex-wife? Since his lawyer could obviously contact him, why didn't the lawyer send him the information about her being drugged? And given the circumstances why didn't the hospital administer the morning after pill to her as a precaution? Speaking of which, since they both seem to give so much attention to her expressions while she was getting raped, why didn't a Doctor explain to them what some of the side effects Ecstasy has on a person? Maybe they would have attached far less significance to her expression at that point. This was really a tale of stupidity between a husband and a wife. And it didn't play well.

SgtmjrSgtmjrover 8 years ago
thank you

I don't know diddley about grammar, nor Proper literature writing, nor any form of editing, But I do know what I enjoy reading for entertainment. 5 stars for a good entertaining story. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Magnanimous breasts?

Shock value at end not necessary. Keep writing.

MullendersMullendersover 8 years ago

you know i like to beleave a litle in karma she choose her job over her marriage and it was a very expensive decision and yeah i know it isnt her fault she got raped so in the end i would be there for her. but i would not take her back couze she did have the choice to never let the basterd child be born and i would rather eat lead than raise a basterd and if that makes me cold and hearthless so be it.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 8 years ago
Good Read

The author tried to develop the characters and convey their emotional turmoil instead of just a simple revenge or BTB story.

Though I am not sure the comment right at the end regarding the DNA was necessary !

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
robert is a complete piece of shit

And i cant say I'm too fond of the author's rape = infidelity attitude straight out of the kill your wife middle east.

Seriously, marriages have rough spots. To suggest that the only thing her marriage needed was for her to be to be a barefoot stay at home whore is utterly asinine. Its especially stupid when her co-workers are a pack of violent serial rapists in one of the strangest conspiracies ever, so munch so that the hubby felt like an ass for mentioning it.

He gets no ctredit with her for tolerating a rapists bastard, and the fact that he treated her like shit and just a whore to accommodate him for sex after he ran like a party, trjrcted his own family and found out the truth.

Piece of shit does not deserve happy ending.

Ducky7Ducky7over 8 years ago
I liked it, a lot of up and down

with emotion and charter development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
vastiesmith, bonnietaylor or sometimes anonymous

Will you give it a rest! Your comments have no value to anybody. Why make them? Do you want everybody to know how really stupid you are? If so, you're doing a good job of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A very ambitious plot for a one chapter story. Thanks for trying.

Probably too complex and broad for adequate treatment as a short story, with way too many shortcuts and issues left unexplained or unexplored. The whole drug rape by fellow company employees was ridiculous. And when the rapists were prosecuted their video and photo files would be seized, no doubt showing much more of all who were involved, including Robby's biological father. Then there's the whole issue of Rob running to Argentina. What purpose did that serve? It was never explained. He divorced her, left her with at least 50% of the assets, so what was he running away from, except his mother and his sister and family. That made no sense.

As for the bastard child, both Rob and Arlene made a sacrifice to follow their own sense of what is right. So it shows both as putting the child's welfare above their own feelings, which also shows great courage and character. Arlene had to know that the child would make reconciliation with Rob probably impossible, but she didn't want an innocent life to pay for the evil that she suffered. Right or wrong, it was her choice, and she was being true to the person Rob married.

And those are just a few of the issues involved in this plot. The whole company whore/rape/conspiracy/coverup could fill pages if fleshed out.

So, thanks for giving us a huge complex plot, but give yourself the time and space to fully tell the whole story.

carvohicarvohiover 8 years ago
Let's see...

Yes, you had some mechanical errors. Pooh pooh to you.

No, the story wasn't a spine tingling gripping emotionally gut wringing suspenseful masterpiece.

Yes, the story's filled with improbabilities like the rape at a corporate seminar where the raped person was to garner a big promotion.

Oh yeah...

You tried something that was original. I haven't seen this plot before, not ever.

It was certainly ambitious, but you didn't drag it out.

I may not have become emotionally attached to anyone, but I certainly came to like and empathize with Arlene.

You didn't try to run the gamut of every imaginable detail about their lives and histories; something I can't seem to avoid even when I want something short and to the point.

Gosh, I just noticed Rob didn't get all excited about the prospect of being a happy semen slurping cuckold. He was wrong headed, but a right guy, especially with the DNA.

And oh yeah. I don't remember plunking any money down on a counter to buy it.

I gave this a five, not because it was all that good, but because it might encourage you to keep at it. I've put up a lot of things. They take time for sure, but D.H. Lawrence used to take days, even weeks, just to get a single sentence right. A lot of people didn't appreciate him either.

Stay with it, and thanks!

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Woman dream story

In the USA the spouses should hire PI offices to check the other spouses at conferances, trainings, syposyums etc... Too many stories deal with extramarital events in such occasions.

The story is a romantic woman dream about super loving husbands who forgive many problems as Robert forgave a not DNA relative kid into LW Running Husband story background.

The most men can switch of his loving brain state after some years and I can not beleive he did not get imfo about the rape case.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
She is raped, beaten and put into the hospital

And she feels guilty?

Her husband abandoned her when she needed him. And considering he cheated on her, he even admitted it, then how is he morally superior? Is he going to confess his indiscretion? And why in the fuck would anyone want to recreate their horrific rape just to help the man who abandoned them?

This is just more women hating bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Glad they turned out ok and the bad guys got what they deserved

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
!

Morning after pill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Duh

Did not like the story. A so so story and a little on the DUH side.

gldngolfergldngolferover 8 years ago
Divorce court

The divorce court judge would required his attorney to tell him about his wife's rape. If there was anyway to prevent the divorce, especially because of that reason, it would have happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No way

If you people read the story you would see she was beat almost to death when she woke the next morning and did not wake up for two days. How could she take the morning after pill???

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
2*s

Confused plot . Gave you 2*s . IraBumblefield , you have 3 stories in one . None succeed at entertaining .

First, a story about a wife playing the man role . Ambitious she puts her marriage second to the corporate ladder .

Second , a woman given date-rape drug . Multiple men rape her and she ends up pregnant .

Third , husband received photos of cheating wife . He leaves town , giving up on the marriage .

Any one of these ideas could be the basis of a story . Hell , even combined two together could be a story . But this was too much .

Let this failure help you become a better writer . I look forward to the next story ,thanks .

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1 star

best I can do,, could only stomach 1st 2 pages

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What?

After a few paragraphs of that language they were using on each other I just quit the story. Wth, if married people talk like that then there is absolutely no reason to stay together.

revkilljoyrevkilljoyover 8 years ago
Holy shit❗

What a HORRIBLE attempt at a romantic reconciliation story. 1-⭐

WoodyKCWoodyKCover 8 years ago
very good

Outstanding ending. This is a reconciliation that I can understand. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
When *I* received pictures of my wife...

...being fucked and in the middle of an orgasm, it wasn't from men wanting to use her as a whore, they were from her old boyfriend. Apparently they had been seeing each other again, after he'd cheated on her and then left. I came in a few months later, swept her off her feet, married her 9 months later and our first three years were pure bliss. And then her ex moved back to town.

I knew nothing of this, but he wined and dined her while I was at work, under the pretense of 'getting caught up' on the town and everyone they went to school with. It didn't take him long and the cock that had skewered her cherry, was pounding her cunt again. From what I understand, she wanted to stop, he wanted her divorced so he sent me the pictures from a video camera he had hidden.

Of course, when I got them, we were over with the instant I clicked on the first one. Shock, rage, hate, you name it, they all swept over me. How did I react? The same exact way our protagonist in this story reacted. I packed my shit and left that night, after printing off about 200 pictures and gluing them to every wall in the house. Even the inside of the closets and the bathroom cabinet. And then I left.

My company has all sorts of branches and I sat at a friends house, almost comatose, waiting for a transfer to come through. I took the first one, to Kuwait. Actually, I bounced back and forth between Dubai and Kuwait. My wages almost doubled and I made many times more than I had before, simply because I worked 7 days per week and took all the OT I could get. I was there 7 years before I came home for my first time away from work. My dad was in the hospital with a heart attack and they weren't sure of his prognosis so in great fear, I flew back.

I learned that Ella had divorced me for abandonment. She hadn't wanted to, but Tom kept badgering her to and when she did, they got married and had 3 kids. Thankfully then he reverted back to his old habits and this time, he brought back a gift for her that kept on giving. Neither modern science nor hard scrubbing would remove what he gave her. It seems that wasn't the first time she knew of his stepping out but it was the last. She divorced big dick Tom and lived alone, in the same house we'd saved and scrimped for, during those first 2 1/2 years of marriage and the months before hand.

She was at my dad's funeral. Nope, dad didn't make it through surgery, his heart was too damaged. Ella looked the same as before, except she let her normally short hair grow and colored it red. Oh, then there was the 75lbs or so she'd put on. I guess motherhood agreed with her. Afterward, at my folks house, she cornered me although I'd done my best to stay away from her. She had the grace to apologize for what Tom did to me, to us, and wished she would have been able to see how he was coming between us.

Thankfully, I was called away before I had to respond or speak one word to her and stayed away until well after she was gone. I stayed for a week and although she called the house, I avoided her, even the times she stopped by. My mother knew what a source of pain she was to me and helped with a white lie her and there, even as bad as she was hurting. I flew back to Dubai knowing I had made the right decision. It was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I reentered the world, a free man!

Mom last 2 1/2 years and she died in her sleep, missing dad. Of course, it was find plane tickets asap and get to mom's body and funeral. Ella was there too and she had put on at least another 50lbs. God, she was obese. But we got through the funeral and after everyone left, thankfully without me having to speak to the ex, the house was left empty. It came like a bolt of lightning, like a whisper in my ear, and I called my boss and asked for a transfer back.

My money was all invested with little available cash, but I found enough to renovated my mom and pop's place, even adding on. The place didn't even look like where I had grown up. It sat on 55 acres and had a pond, small lake actually, outbuilding and a big-assed barn. It took most of that first summer back in Missouri before it was finished. I swear, the first day it was finished and I was sitting on the front porch drinking sun tea and reading my online investments, that Ella stopped by and waddled her fat ass up the steps, stopping to catch her breath at the top.

Here I should tell a little about my own physical condition. My father was always obese, as were my aunts, uncles, mother and all my cousins. Because of that, I was very health conscious. Instead of the normal Maycumber 5'10" and 450+lbs, instead I am 6'2" and 190lbs and even at 36 years of age, I have a six pack and am very muscular. I can still run 15 miles, sprint nicely and yet still bench press 300x5 reps and squat 400x5 reps. In short, I was and am fit.

Ella finally caught her breath and apparently enjoyed my sitting there in the Missouri heat in just my shorts I planned to run in after it cooled a little more. She hardly had time to fall into a chair and begin talking about us and where we went wrong when the door opened and my wife came out, asking me to introduce us. Ella stumbled and panted, trying to come to grips with the idea I was married. She soon made her exit and my wife and I both had dark chuckles. My wife is as fit as me and at 5'9" and 140lbs, she is a biathlete and takes physical fitness seriously. Apparently it was enough to make my ex leave and you know what? I've never had to speak to her, ever. Not one single time since I received those emails.

Oh and Tom? My company has guys in California that were great friends of mine and they stopped by and had a 'chat'. That's all I'll say about that, it's still under investigation.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
we have been manipulated

at first I was angry with her for her driven attitude and disregard for the marriage.

then I was mad at him for running away.

slowly I was pulled around to be sympathetic to her for holding it together and rebuilding her life.

when he came home for his mother, learned the details, and made an effort to reconcile I was on his side.

and ultimately I was happy when they put the past behind them, adopted a no secrets honesty pact, and remarried.

but you couldn't leave it alone and had to topple it all with the DNA twist at the end.

one too far for me.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 8 years ago
Um... no...?

The lawyer can contact him about his mother's health but can't contact him about his wife's drugging, rape, and assault case(s)...?

The wife feels guilty for what exactly...? Apparently enjoying being raped...? While under the influence of drugs...?

Ok, let's think through some of this crap...

If the wife wants her husband to see how much enjoyment she's getting out of being fucked by multiple men...why would she block out their faces...? Doesn't it seem more likely that someone ELSE sent the pictures...? Maybe WHO sent the pictures wouldn't really matter as much as the content... but *I'd* be curious enough to know the REASON they were sent like that to want an answer even if I DID still intend to divorce her...

The MOMENT you read about drugging AND rape, if you're any kind of decent person, you don't NEED to "forgive" your spouse. What you NEED to do is get them to therapy and help them get past the trauma, especially the trauma involved if their body were to respond to the rape and their mind has to get past THAT after the fact...

And I'm not so sure he wouldn't have been BETTER for telling her he knew the child wasn't his but he was STILL going to raise him as his own than by concealing that fact... especially if THAT fact ever comes to light...

And it's not as if she ever lied to him about her relationships - she HAD none. Being too career oriented was her only "sin"...

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2over 8 years ago
Good LW story!! gave you a 5 to help your score

and to say eat shit annony!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I liked most of it.

One of the things I do enjoy is your stories having happy endings. As far as your writing, your stories are interesting and well written. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
shit

@vastismith2/bonnietaylor2/anon

die, cuck fag.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I agree with Ambivalence

Also what kind of dick doesn't call his mother or sister for 3 years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You're sick...

and it's a fact that no child can be darker than it's darkest parent. Also, you seem to have a mean streak in you as an author. 1*

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
Seems badly contrived

Rob's disappearance was obviously to prevent him from finding out what had happened to Arlene to soon after it happened, but there was never any reason given for him to not be in touch with his mother and sister. It might have been explained if mom and sis had demeaned his concerns and taken Arlene's side in their conflict, but there was never any mention of it. Also, Rob's lawyer always knew how to contact Rob, and the consequences of Arlene's rape, a "long, very high profile trial, making headlines all across the country" should certainly have been something a lawyer who was looking after his client's interests should have known to inform him of.

The only way this story could have made any sense would have been if Rob was abducted by some rebels and held prisoner in a jungle camp for all those years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Trite

Try to write something new or original, or something in another category.

anon jerry

virtualatheistvirtualatheistover 8 years ago
Really?

"She loves you very much, Rob, you must try to make up with her, to forgive her for what happened."

He needs to forgive her for being drugged and gang raped? Really?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
genetics being what it is, medically sooner or later the child not being his will be important

women seldom think through their actions before the worst happens, this is a case of that.

chytownchytownabout 8 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 8 years ago
Horse Shit!

- WTF?! Do shitty people like this really roam among us?! You can almost feel the STDs oozing out all over the place!

~ Forget about rating this crap 5,4,3,2,1 stars! How about just rating it : Ewwwwwwwwww!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

"she's got a great touche." - I think you mean "tushy".

"magnanomous breasts" - "magnanimous" - very generous or forgiving; I think you meant magnificent?

"It's the culmination of two years of very hard work" - How about working hard on the marriage?

"I was willing to have a child to please him. Maybe in time, I could learn to be a good mother too." - Wow! Mother of the Year!

"My promotion was going to be announced." - If the promotion is such a sure thing, going or not going to the seminar shouldn't matter.

"a settlement far more than I deserved" - Why do you say that? It's at LEAST what you deserved!

"My former boss pleaded ignorance but that was no excuse." - Of course it is! If Mike and Dave are doing something without his knowledge he's not responsible.

Why is the look on her face such a big deal? He knows she was given date rape drugs, which we all know can affect the victim's response.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

in man who excepts his wife being pregnant by another man, deserves to be beheaded by isis

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice ending

Made me feel good that he wanted to save her marriage so much he faked the DNA test.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

norcal62norcal62over 7 years ago
Your writing shows an man angry at women.

Some interesting themes but the animosity throughout puts me off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Garbage

Maybe the most unbelievable RAAC story I have read....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Make It Real!!

Is there a writer out there that actually lives in this day and age? If there is have you heard of the morning after pill? Then clue in!!! Do you really think that women are as stupid as you are? My suggestion to most of the male writers would be to get a woman to help them with the dialogue....it seems really stilted and not how anyone would talk. Also make the stories more believable. Like in this case ...her husband ups and goes to Argentina or wherever after just seeing the pictures....C'mon, you have him as a senior executive in his job but a total idiot at life...Anyway that is my opinion!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
considering the time...

...he had been back with her, Alex should have been given the send off long before the concert date

The detective smirking at her should have been suspended without pay for six months and had to complete a intensive counseling program for dealing with rape victims. Considering she was beaten so badly she required hospitalization, his smirk was reprehensible!

The DNA TEST RESULTS were transparently false the moment author put them in story.

Given security systems in hotels and others in attendancetracking down other rapists would have been doable. Actually making baby black considering it was gang rape was a bit too much...not to mention she had only just went off pills

oxynam25oxynam25over 6 years ago
Just read anons morning after pill

Lol if she took the morning after pill then we wouldn't have a story! I know it's a terrible excuse, but it's whatever. Still think it was a crappy thing to do to lie about the DNA test. No reason for it. She was raped, can't take it back and the husband knows it's not his kid so no point in lying about it to the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ira ....

.... "CUCK" Bumblefield submits another cheating WHORE wife Apologist, RAAC story from his bedroom closet. Somethings never change .... including the automatic "1" star vote for ALL of his pathetic submissions!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
NOT HIS KID??????

Well no kidding. Was Arlene really that stupid? Talk about a tall tale. I beat even a simple blood test would have exposed Rob's blatant lie. And I don't believe for a second he would have allowed his sister to deposit him in his old house when he came back. He goes back, buries his Mother and returns to Argentina. Done. The rest was both improbable and unbelievable. Even for fiction this was a bridge too far.

jharpjharpalmost 6 years ago

Rancid cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Lots of drama.

@ anon, wife gets raped and her husband is a cuck? Your an idiot.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
.....

What a pile of fucking cuckold trash. Not a single redeemable feature to this shallow, spiteful, spineless fuckng story

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Back

Back to future. Another one that I can't enjoy. Too cuck for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A great story

It was about regret, pain, forgiveness, and altruism ( look it up,you dumbass cucksters). I hate cuck stories too but this was not one. One of the best in the LW category for me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
i dont get it

these women flip the script every damn time on this web-site.

'i'm a liberal left leaning woman, i can dance with whomever i want, flirt all the time, be career obsessed, talk down to my husband like i'm some sorta tyrant!

but....i have to keep my rape baby....i'm suddenly very conservative......'

makes zero sense. do authors just like using this like a cheap two dollar plot hole?

me drama you long time? i feel dirty everytime it's used. like i need to take a long shower and give my spouse mind-blowing sex to forget how guilty i feel.....for having read that cheap plot.

let me break it down for you. left leaning men and women are okay with abortions. it makes sense for their pleasure seeking, career seeking, artistic, hectic schedules. good or bad, it fits.

conservatives believe in the sanctity of life...even womb creatures. but they also...dress more/act more conservatively...don't have 'free love', they have longer courtships, have a more organized and family driven schedule. it fits.

yea, there's overlap...but what you wrote...and others write...is bipolar.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Jeez.....

That was one really stupid story! I think the author was drugged,raped and beaten. Lied about the dna test....that was the final nail in the coffin of a story that should be laid to rest!

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
What a load of shit!

1/ She chose to go after promotion rather than listen. The consequences were entirely her own fault.

2/ She decides to keep the little black bastard knowing how he was conceived. Obviously she has some mental problems.

3/ He's done everything correctly. Then his family betray him as well. So what if she's dying, she should have put her son first.

Forgivness is societies way of letting betrayers get away with it.

Today's news from Brunei shows the correct treatment for adultery! Death.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
damn it!

When the kid was his and they got over the rape I enjoyed the story. Ya, they had issues with her work and she went to the seminar but she wasn't a cheater. She was a selfish bitch at times. No reason to divorce. But when he confesses the kid is not his? Now he fuck up her. She will at some point figure it out and now you have a bigger issue. He can't trust her she can't trust him.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
Stupid plot.

The criminals in this tale were too stupid to breath.

2nd time through and I can't believe I gave it 3* the first time.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 4 years ago
4 stars

I liked it. There were some reasonable points brought out but all in all pretty good.

Keep it up!

Best Regards,

C

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

If she had listened to b m and not went to the seminar, she wouldn't have been in that situation. So it's still partly her fault and him reconciling makes him a wimpy cuckold!

timrivtimrivabout 3 years ago

Last line ruined it. 5 stars to 1 star. Sorry what was a love story turned into crap by one sentence. Sure he was being good nit telling her but the premise of the story was ruined. At least for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Lying about the child's paternity was an act of manipulation, not of love. That lie has great potential to cause pain and harm. Exposing others to those dangers is selfish and egocentric. Arly and Robbie deserve a far better husband and father.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

mpest

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star.

I totally agree with several other commenters - this story was a 5 right up to the last line.

I guess it is up to the author to decide if he/she wants a 5 or a 1 - just remove the last line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Commenters love to brag that they saw the twist coming from a mile away, The people, who are upset about the last line, are upset that they didn’t see it coming. 5 stars!

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

WHAT THE LITERAL FUCK.. So no one is going to mention the real reason why a man in his right mind would have never gotten back together with her, and that reason is when he cried and begged his wife not to go, he asked her to go away with him and she said NO!

so she chose her work and those animals that abuse women over her loving husband!

ah.... yeah... no I don't think so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What ? A wife should be a man’s chattel? He says don’t go to a conference..she shouldn’t go? Is this some sort of ownership isse? Should she not ahve career ambitions also? Does that justify drugging and raping? Sorry …don’t agree to comments about throwing her away! Infact I feel Rob was a piss ass wimp and gutless too! Ran away like a rat rather then facing her! If he had done that he would have been there to help her through her trauma!

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 2 years ago

In second thought, ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why would this asshat come to her rescue now? She has been transparent with her disdain for him, and her arguments about his work and her party were crude, flimsy and clearly spoiling for a fight. He went so-far as to offer her an “out” for the party, but she had little compunction for that, just continued insults.

By the way, this was NOT EVER about husband wanting to control her life, occupation, or considering her a chattel. YOU IDIOTIC FEMINISTS ARE SO FULL OF SHIT, YOU ALL SHARE BROWN EYES, THE MAJORITY OF THEM DISTENDED FROM OVERUSE OF PLASTIC. No wonder her strongest relationship was with a menopausal old woman.

The woman here gives nothing and returns nothing; she is an absorbent slut for self-promotion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a mess! First Arlene is a crude, potty mouthed, over ambitious shrew who is convinced that her husband is having it off with his boss, then after being drugged, gang raped and impregnated by a man unknown, she magically transforms into a loving, caring, sensitive but strong woman, who, after a horrific ordeal successfully puts her life back together. Meanwhile, the MC runs for the hills with fingers in his ears singing " la, la, la, not listening" at the top of his voice, cuts off contact with his mother and sister and hides in a foreign country thousands of miles away rather than find out the truth and deal with it. Then when does return and he and Arly try to rebuild what they once had, Arly finds intimacy too difficult to handle, how do they solve their issues? An intense course of psychotherapy for her, perhaps? Nope, she strips down to high heels and a butt plug, offers him that cure for all ills that is anal sex and they both live happily ever after. And don't even get me started on that iniquitous last line. If it ever comes to light that the DNA test has been faked the consequences are potentially catastrophic. This author needs to go back to the drawing board.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So he lost, gets to walk around with a son that obviously isn't his. She cares only for herself BTB

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

Bizarre story. And what's up with that ending?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I can't believe hubbies lawyer never got him the information about the rape , trials etc. that's simply not plausible.

Other than that I loved the ending, especially the last note!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good until the "brain fart" end?!?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous